Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Bluestacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sometimes this game annoys me. Like when someone drops 7 dragons on my little TH6 base and there's nothing at all I can do to stop it.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just take comfort in knowing that their 7 Dragon army cost them far, far more to make than they got from looting your crappy village

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
No matter what level you're at there's always someone who can wreck you. The best you can do is upgrade your defenses enough that people are deterred from attacking for as long as possible. It gets better at TH7 when you get a lot more walls and have more options with base design. Bases that aren't squares confuse the gently caress out of most players.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Blump how's your poo poo? We're doing a small purge after this war, and you're probably out. Sorry kiddo.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Bluestacks is awesome. I learned a valuable lesson though. I held down the down arrow to zoom out, which then speed-dropped about 26 wizards onto an empty space outside an enemy base, directly onto a giant bomb or two.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Controlling with BlueStacks takes some getting used to, but it's really awesome once you do.

However, I think it hosed up my USB poo poo. Got random mouse disconnects after I installed it. Finally un-installed it and things got a little better, but still get them intermittently. It was the last thing I installed before that started happening, and the thing I thought most likely to cause that sort of problem, so maybe whatever settings it hosed with are still hosed. Or maybe my mobo is just going bad.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

RVT posted:

Controlling with BlueStacks takes some getting used to, but it's really awesome once you do.

However, I think it hosed up my USB poo poo. Got random mouse disconnects after I installed it. Finally un-installed it and things got a little better, but still get them intermittently. It was the last thing I installed before that started happening, and the thing I thought most likely to cause that sort of problem, so maybe whatever settings it hosed with are still hosed. Or maybe my mobo is just going bad.

How hard is it to get set up and running?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

McSpankWich posted:

Just take comfort in knowing that their 7 Dragon army cost them far, far more to make than they got from looting your crappy village

Yeah, I just noticed that someone attacked my TH7 (pretty early TH7; my walls are all only level 4) with:

3 Dragons
Barbarian King + Archer Queen
4 Spells
6 lv3 Giants
85 lv4 Archers
5 lv2 Wallbreakers

and won a grand total of 10k gold and 12k elixir. And this is with them 100% destroying my base, so they went into the fight knowing that they had little to gain. Maybe they were just depressed about losing to more advanced players and wanted to enjoy smashing someone into the ground.

Question: How do you do that thing where you drag your finger and drop guys where you're dragging? Dragging my finger just moves the camera.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I just noticed that someone attacked my TH7 (pretty early TH7; my walls are all only level 4) with:

3 Dragons
Barbarian King + Archer Queen
4 Spells
6 lv3 Giants
85 lv4 Archers
5 lv2 Wallbreakers

and won a grand total of 10k gold and 12k elixir. And this is with them 100% destroying my base, so they went into the fight knowing that they had little to gain. Maybe they were just depressed about losing to more advanced players and wanted to enjoy smashing someone into the ground.

Question: How do you do that thing where you drag your finger and drop guys where you're dragging? Dragging my finger just moves the camera.

Make sure the unit has started to drop, then drag your figure around.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Touch and hold for a sec. Once you start deployment you can move your finger. Multi-touch works too if you're clever.

e:fb

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Luring enemy CC troops on top of their mortars then double lightning spelling both was fun this war. Getting 4 level 5 hog riders was a treat as well for one of my attacks, they wrecked half of a TH 7's base before I even dropped troops.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I wanted to try sub 200 farming, but I'll be damned if I'm going to drop cups manually. If anyone is interested here's the AHK script I made for it link

You'll need bluestacks and a 1920x1080 monitor or else you'll have to janitor the script. Set bluestacks flush in the top left corner of your screen and hit F5 to start it, F6 will pause. The waits cut it kind of close so you'll have to keep an eye on it, but it'll take you from 1600 trophies to 150 in ~12 minutes.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Cbear posted:

Not 2/3rd th10. More so I just skipped th9 completely.

quote:

Maintenance break July 5th, 2014
Hello!

We’re going to have a maintenance break soon! This will revert some recent changes to a small amount of villages to correct a recent issue with gem spending not being recorded. Everyone who’s affected, will receive an in-game message from the Clash of Clans development team.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience! Thank you for your patience

Let me know how it goes :laugh:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It would be hilarious if they reverted the changes and also subtracted the gems, so you all ended up with your original bases and like -4500 gems.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
More like -45000 gems.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
Adding to the Bluestacks fun, here's a short script to rapidly click the mouse to dump your troops (3ms between clicks :f5:) - Pastebin. Select your troops and press f1 to start clicking, let go to stop.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I'm surprised3d they actually have any way to track it - most of these social network-esq games have no backups and in the event of hacks or glitches or game issues just shrug and give everyone 200 gems.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just wish I had queued up my idle builders before the servers went down.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Ceros_X posted:

I'm surprised3d they actually have any way to track it - most of these social network-esq games have no backups and in the event of hacks or glitches or game issues just shrug and give everyone 200 gems.
I don't find it that surprising at all. For a game that has client/server interactions constantly they'd have to be pretty grossly incompetent to not be logging how many gems a player has obtained from free sources (bushes, gem boxes, cheevos), IAP and how many have been spent and not be able to immediately see that A+B-C = -50,000.

People that returned negative values (got free gems they shouldn't have) will get upgrades rolled back to when the bug was introduced and have their gem balance zeroed out.

Fragmaster
Dec 1, 2000

nerdshoe

jm20 posted:

Let me know how it goes :laugh:

He lost his hax'd stuff lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Fragmaster posted:

He lost his hax'd stuff lol

TH10 -> 9
BK30 -> 10
AQ30 -> 4
Max L9 walls -> maybe 10 L9 walls
Max Defences -> 1x L4 AT, 1x L1 AD, No L11 defences or L7 splash, I'm guessing low level teslas too :laugh:

Sounds like he might quit.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Quitting because they took his unfairly earned toys away?

I am surprised bans weren't handed out. Similar incidents in MMOs would result in bans (exploiting bugs, telling others to exploit while they can).

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

jm20 posted:

Sounds like he might quit.

What is he, 14? Play the f-n game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
cbear, you're not allowed to quit playing the phone game b/c goons will judge your moral fibre for deciding you don't want to play for three months to get to the same point you were at when you ILLEGALLY HACKED THE GAME YOU DESERVED TO BE BANNED FOR THIS BUT SINCE YOU WERENT YOU HAVE TO KEEP PLAYING FOREVER

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Not Cbear, but otherwise still entertaining. Apparently they rolled their bases back an entire week too.

quote:

That sucks. I inadvertently used the glitch last weekend. I used my a couple hundred of my gems and later realized they were back. Used 50 to finish a builder to see if it was a bug, it was. I went online and saw what was going on so I stopped using gems.
Come on today and see all of my progress I've made this past week was reset to last weekend. Pretty loving lame. I had a TON of good raids this week too.

quote:

I used this exploit. Couldn't care less if they reverted back or if I get to keep the upgrades. But hey, your fault Supercell :) You make hundreds of thousands a day, who cares about couple gem glitchers. I just want this maintenance break done with! Have a war to prepare for.

quote:

They didn't roll back everyone. Not yet at least. My base went from th4 to 7 off that bug and is still sitting at where I left it.

quote:

After the most recent maintenance break, my base has been essentially destroyed. Many upgrades I got legitimately such as wizard towers, walls, etc. have been removed. This need to be fixed, for at th9, it is so much gold to upgrade things it is almost ridiculous.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

quote:

I used this exploit. Couldn't care less if they reverted back or if I get to keep the upgrades. But hey, your fault Supercell You make hundreds of thousands a day, who cares about couple gem glitchers. I just want this maintenance break done with! Have a war to prepare for.
Yes, this is the precedent you want to set. Please, steal money from our company at any opportunity, we can afford it.

Idiot.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I'm really not that bitter. My game was reverted back further than when the gems glitched. I don't really feel like grinding all the lego walls I had already done before, plus the 25 I grinded since the glitch.

No worries, I probably needed to ease back on this game anyways!

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Three fresh, new spots have opened up in UGievArchers if anyone is looking for a place to call home.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ExtraFox posted:

Three fresh, new spots have opened up in UGievArchers if anyone is looking for a place to call home.

I'd definitely like to get into one of the goon clans since I am now playing this regularly again. I would like to do it with one of the clans that does some semi-organized clan war stuff. Does this apply to you guys?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

ExtraFox posted:

You're a heartless monster! Blumpkin was coming back!!

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

vulturesrow posted:

I'd definitely like to get into one of the goon clans since I am now playing this regularly again. I would like to do it with one of the clans that does some semi-organized clan war stuff. Does this apply to you guys?

We are pretty active in Clan Wars, for sure. I don't think we're at the ultra-high level of other goon clans that hit start war as soon as the last one ends, but we're aces with war/regular donations and helpful to new folks looking for advice.

And apparently my pet peeve is TH7+ sniping the lowest level opponents before our lower TH folks have a chance so, uh, don't do that.

But Not Tonight posted:

You're a heartless monster! Blumpkin was coming back!!

He'll live on in our hearts. :shobon: RIP Blump, gone but not forgotten.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

vulturesrow posted:

Spergs of War does two clan wars a week, starting on Monday then another right after that usually finishes Thursday night.

There is also a constant flow of clan castle reinforcements because we are friendly and cool

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
wespent is taking a war break, dunno how long. Dunno if there's even any open spots, but don't jump in there if you're itching to war. We usually do it fairly often, but people are feeling kinda drained right now.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Spergs of War does two clan wars a week, starting on Monday then another right after that usually finishes Thursday night.

There is also a constant flow of clan castle reinforcements because we are friendly and cool

Someone want to send me an invite? SA Slim in game.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You have to apply in game.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Man, having a big TH disparity in your clan is not fun. Goon Tang Clan is currently being facerolled by a clan with high level wizards and dragons in every CC. Given we're mostly TH4-6, things are not going well.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Aethernet posted:

Man, having a big TH disparity in your clan is not fun. Goon Tang Clan is currently being facerolled by a clan with high level wizards and dragons in every CC. Given we're mostly TH4-6, things are not going well.

Gotta bait them out. We warred with a clan who left a couple L2 witches in their CCs besides the usual L5+ wizards and L3+ dragons

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, just lure the clan castle troops out and drop a lightning spell. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
note that lightning spells don't work on dragons