Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
MMA fans will forgive a lot of things, cheating on your wife 800 times, taking all the steroids in the world, being Matt Hughes, but anything even remotely resembling cowardice will stay with you forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

But this wasn't even strongarm contract negotiations. This was just Jon Jones inviting another PR disaster upon himself unprompted because he didn't want to fight a certain person. The financial reward is the same regardless of who he fights

Big Dave Meltzer alleged that Jones would make at least $750k more based on the far higher number of projected buys for the rematch. Even if that's spurious, there's no doubt that with PPV points he'd make more money fighting Gustafsson.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
when gsp wanted to fight only twice a year, and later no times a year dana white didn't call him a coward and an rear end in a top hat and whatever, because georges handled it like a grown up and dana 1) responded in kind and 2) understood that people like georges and calling him a coward or whatever would not be good for him or for business.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"[Cormier] isn't relevant to me.... he's not top 5."
-Jon Jones, April 2014

"Daniel Cormier has an LCL and ACL injury after the Hendo fight and may need surgery."
-UFC Tonight, May 2014

"I don't want to fight Alexander Gustafsson, I want to fight Daniel Cormier."
-Jon Jones, June 2014

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

tesilential posted:

Ya Jon Jones surpassed Anderson Silva's douchery very early in his title reign. Can you imagine Cain saying he didn't want to fight Werdum or Hendricks saying he doesn't want to fight Lawlor again and please let him fight Nick Diaz?

Lawler:

Lawlor:

A helpful guide for the uninitiated.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Street Horrrsing posted:

Oh did he? I don't follow fighters on social media. That changes things slightly, but I'd still say the onus on the ufc to make it rewarding enough for a fighter to accept their conditions, not to indirectly shame them into accepting what's offered.

Obviously if this goes to extreme lengths, he'd get stripped of his title.

He also said "It's my career, not yours" toward the end of the video in the douchey way that only Jon Jones can deliver a line without irony

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

MMA fans will forgive a lot of things, cheating on your wife 800 times, taking all the steroids in the world, being Matt Hughes, but anything even remotely resembling cowardice will stay with you forever

And snitching. You can't ever forget snitching.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Jon Jones' meltdown if he ever loses will be incredible but unless he kills a baby it won't touch Rampage's.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

-Jon Jones, April 2014

"Daniel Cormier has an LCL and ACL injury after the Hendo fight and may need surgery."
-UFC Tonight, May 2014

-Jon Jones, June 2014

Right after the fight, [Jones] thought the most fair thing to do was to grant Alexander Gustafsson a rematch. Now, after watching the fight over ten more [times], Jones thinks he decisively won rounds two, four and five and that he decisively won the fight, so the most fair thing to do is to move on.

- UFC Tonight, September 2013

I’m going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn’t. I promise you, he will be next.

- Jon Jones, September 2013

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Jon Jones is a man of his word, when he vows in front of God that he will forego all others, when he says in public that he's not the kind of guy who gets a DUI, and when he promises to fight a man, you can bet your bottom dollar he's not going to drunkenly smash a car full of strippers into a pole or duck anyone

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The thing that bugs me the most about Jon Jones is that he doesn't even need to do the poo poo he does. He is a pretty amazing fighter. If you gave his gifts to pretty much any other fighter they wouldn't care who they fought. But he has to go and be such an unlikable sack of poo poo by poking eyes, calling out dudes with blown out knees, and ducking people he's already beaten (gently caress mma judging.)

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Who knows what he was like before, but walking into a sport and becoming one of the best in like four years isn't going to do your ego any favours.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes a dick

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

He's an arrogant unlikeable philandering sack of poo poo who cheats in every fight, ducks the best competition available while racking up his defense streak and can't speak well. He truly HAS surpassed Tito Ortiz as the greatest light heavyweight of all time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Nibbles141 posted:

Who knows what he was like before, but walking into a sport and becoming one of the best in like four years isn't going to do your ego any favours.

Lots of people have gotten more famous faster than him and don't end up despicable in every way.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Jon Jones is just Roy Nelson placed in the body of a man who is a loving amazing fighter

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Jones personality sucks so bad that with a whole team of business guys around him plus the stronger than ever UFC marketing machine with unimagined resources promoting an almost unprecedented streak of performances, he can't compete with the thousand yard stare, grunts, and one to three word sentences of Chuck Liddell

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
A man with a mohawk who does not speak > jon jones and jesus

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Jon Jones is just Roy Nelson placed in the body of a man who is a loving amazing fighter

What has Roy Nelson done that's bad? Other than a few of his fights, I don't really know that much about him.

Also amazed when I learned he has a black belt in BJJ from a Gracie.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Roy Nelson is dumb and thinks he's smart, but not particularly herbish or obnoxious.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bundt Cake posted:

A man with a mohawk who does not speak > jon jones and jesus

Being willing to fight anybody will always go over well, even if you are a drug addict with stupid hair.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

http://instagram.com/p/o6JemoIWlK/

quote:

realvitorbelfort
32 minutes ago
As I always said I have nothing to hide from anyone. I am releasing my statement along with all my privates test results( click the link below).Looking forward to get my license in Nevada and fight in July. Thank you all! http://tiny.cc/myh1gx Como eu sempre falei, não tenho nada a esconder de ninguém. Estou divulgando uma declaração junto com todos os meus exames privados( clique no link abaixo para ver). Estou muito ansioso para pegar minha licença em Nevada e lutar em julho. Obrigado a todos! http://tiny.cc/myh1gx
speaking of a drug addict with stupid hair

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Gregor Samsa posted:

Being willing to fight anybody will always go over well, even if you are a drug addict with stupid hair.

cocaine enthusiast, there's a difference

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Vitor acknowledges he was outside of "therapeutic range" but it's ok, he corrected it as you can see in the (monthly) tests he's going to release

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I expected his test results to just say "FANTASTICO!" with a gold star and thumbs up icon next to it honestly

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

speaking of a drug addict with stupid hair

this is in no way relevant, remember?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@Jon_Anik 1h
Seen some tweets about next weekend's UFC 174 prelims. Due to scheduling conflicts, they will be on FX.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

this is in no way relevant, remember?

I dont remember that. someone please explain what the situation is because i dont really understand why UFC would ever have made this fight. Vitors not licensed, got caught pumping himself full of testosterone, and cant fight anymore right?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
so Chael Sonnen is definitely fighting TBA over Vitor Belfort at this point

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it was just freak luck that he failed the only test he didn't organise himself

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

I dont remember that. someone please explain what the situation is because i dont really understand why UFC would ever have made this fight. Vitors not licensed, got caught pumping himself full of testosterone, and cant fight anymore right?

the situation is if the nsac wants the extra money that a big fight will bring them, they will farcically talk themselves into doing whatever it takes during the public hearing. they will praise vitor for his honesty and integrity and grant him a license but subject him to "enhanced testing".

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

I dont remember that.

After the test happened and Vitor got taken off the card, somebody asked his lawyer what the results of the test were and the response was "Vitor is no longer fighting on the card, and therefore no longer applying for a license in Nevada, so the results of the test are not relevant."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also if people asked him about it during interviews his wife picked up the phone and said the lawyer already answered it. that is what vitor means when he says he has nothing to hide from anyone.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

I am releasing my statement along with all my privates

Vitordick.jpeg

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

After the test happened and Vitor got taken off the card, somebody asked his lawyer what the results of the test were and the response was "Vitor is no longer fighting on the card, and therefore no longer applying for a license in Nevada, so the results of the test are not relevant."

well now he's fighting on the card, and applying for a licence, so its relevant. paper's are all in order, see you at the summerslam

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fatherdog posted:

-Jon Jones, April 2014

-UFC Tonight, May 2014

-Jon Jones, June 2014

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
As much of a psycho cheater rear end in a top hat as Vitor is, after the Jones talk he comes across positively likeable and I can't be bothered to hate on him at all.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Life Coaching Tip: god's gave you the power to dislike more than one despicable piece of poo poo at once

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ahahahaha holy moly that's a spicy blood test

• Locked thread