Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are puas human garbage
yea of course
i disagree
hmm...not sure op
goku
gas thread
View Results

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SunAndSpring posted:

This. Motherfucker just drops a big ol text bomb of poo poo I don't care about and he doesn't even highlight the funny bits. What a lovely OP.

All of it is the funny bits, it would just all be bold.

I miss when they would have the PUA threads here where people would unironically post about their peacocking or whatever. The only thing I really remember is that the OP referred to that book "The Game" as "the Led Zeppelin IV of the PUA world"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

COBRARocky posted:

threads like this make me miss TWEE AS gently caress

Me too. :smith:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this is dumb youre all dumb just letting you know before hitting the gym and your mom

Bitcoin420
Oct 30, 2013

butplug accident posted:

these threads are safety blankets for stupid hos and other bitchmade niggas to congratulate each other on having the Correct Opinion in a monotonous joke-free environment

monotonous and unfunny, you should feel right at home

sick neg pick you up at 8.15

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

i was kinda surprised the elliot thread never focused how much his face looked like he was suffering an allergic reaction. there were a shocking amount of goons saying, "gosh hes cute basically like a 6 or 7 out of 10 if only he wasnt a weirdo!" but seriously he looks like he just ate shellfish and is about to keel over

he looks like a troon, those wierd puffy lips are on all of them

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
ah cool, just what I was looking for, a thread where we compile a bunch of terrible posts

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Listen, if your six foot five or above, have a twelve inch dick and shredded as hell, and are insanely wealthy like me you could get a woman to do anything. For example three months I convinced a woman to pretend to like Community.

you monster

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

butplug accident posted:

i visualize you as bearded beavis or buttheads who watch tv in order to find something to look down on. only there is you own banality exceeded

butplug accident said b-anality. heh heh

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

I had to pause this multiple times, because I wasn't sure if there was a 2nd or 3rd youtube video(s) playing in the background.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I do have my wife shave my balls and "undercarriage".

I thought I was the only on who called "that area" the "undercarriage." and by "called" I mean "thought in my own head" because gently caress mentioning that to anyone IRL

cname fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 6, 2014

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Fedoras! Fat Nerds being crummy at pickup lines! Skeezy dudes with overly tight shirts and greasy slicked back hair! Italians guys with soul patches! The worst of humanity set in a nice row for you to jeer at!

I never had much interest in closely observing the PUA-sphere but my impression of the type of person it attracts would be the 'jersey shore' type. Apparently the true demographic is fedora-wielding dudes from Reddit? That makes it a hundred times funnier.

quote:

I thought I was the only on who called "that area" the "undercarriage." and by "called" I mean "thought in my own head" because gently caress mentioning that to anyone IRL

I believe 'grundle' is the best term for that in mixed company.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

cname posted:

You and everyone else who watched Austin Powers.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I'm partial to the phrase "fleshy man-bridge"

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Squalitude posted:

I caught some of a BBC show

Cuck victim spotted.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Neg text: Ur face won't launch any ships but I'd let it snog my grundle

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Are there any black PUAs? It just occurred to me that every time I see a picture of a PUA or MRAs it's some pasty white nerd. Huh.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
http://youtu.be/rqTE-ig7NhY

World class negging, take notes betas.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

lmao

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

COBRARocky posted:

threads like this make me miss TWEE AS gently caress

hm

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Indubitable Leg posted:

Are there any black PUAs? It just occurred to me that every time I see a picture of a PUA or MRAs it's some pasty white nerd. Huh.

They did a demographic study recently. 98% hetero white male 16-21 or something like that.

E: might have been MRAs but they're literally the same group so

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

They did a demographic study recently. 98% hetero white male 16-21 or something like that.

Ah, so the demographic that will go on to enjoy proportionately the most amount of political, financial, scientific and cultural success. Funny that.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Here's a pro PUA from today's news:

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/man-throw-glass-at-women-because-she-ignored-him

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Props for the bitch-shield takedown, but a glass of water to the face does not count as kino. Nice try, AFC.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Buckwild Dorf posted:

ah cool, just what I was looking for, a thread where we compile a bunch of terrible posts

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Melchior posted:

Fedoras! Fat Nerds being crummy at pickup lines! Skeezy dudes with overly tight shirts and greasy slicked back hair! Italians guys with soul patches! The worst of humanity set in a nice row for you to jeer at!

I never had much interest in closely observing the PUA-sphere but my impression of the type of person it attracts would be the 'jersey shore' type. Apparently the true demographic is fedora-wielding dudes from Reddit? That makes it a hundred times funnier.

Nope, Guidos have self-confidence, which is the supreme ingredient in social interaction even in the bubble of Jersey Shore Clubbing Culture. Look at Mike Sorrentino, he was a dweeb until he shot up steroids and created his The Situation character. Like this dude, but much more successful.

PUA's are more focused on figuring out the cheat codes to defeat the 'primitive female lizard brain' like it's a video game rather than a human being. Everything about kino and negs is more for projecting confidence, playfulness and being interesting; PUA dipshits just muddle through it like they have stage fright in a middle school play, then bitch on reddit that it's not working and all women are awful. The book The Game gets into it a bit more, Mystery is more interested in controlling and manipulating women rather than cultivating grownup relationships and has nervous breakdowns when his 'girlfriends' want something more than magic tricks and being told their teeth are weird.

Mystery's VH1 show is also an awesome example of how vapid PUA culture is. The show was cancelled 3/4 of the way through because it was revealed that he owned the bar where the contestants were 'sarging', and all of the women the contestants ran game on were local actresses he had hired in order to show that his method was successful.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 6, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Indubitable Leg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLng3j2I0M

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So almost none of them can actually go into bars if they're American. Aren't they always talking about using this poo poo in bars?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

b0red posted:

So almost none of them can actually go into bars if they're American. Aren't they always talking about using this poo poo in bars?
18+ up nightlife is a thing, as are fake IDs.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Yeah some of the clubs around here have an 18+ night. They just zone off parts and you can't bring liquor to some of the zones.

Fake edit:

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLng3j2I0M
I don't know why but a vid of a grown man MRA/PUA talking about anime and there's no Naruto posters behind him just seems odd compared to a guy screaming about it in front of his doll collection. The internet has ruined me.

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 6, 2014

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

red19fire posted:

Nope, Guidos have self-confidence, which is the supreme ingredient in social interaction even in the bubble of Jersey Shore Clubbing Culture. Look at Mike Sorrentino, he was a dweeb until he shot up steroids and created his The Situation character. Like this dude, but much more successful.

PUA's are more focused on figuring out the cheat codes to defeat the 'primitive female lizard brain' like it's a video game rather than a human being. Everything about kino and negs is more for projecting confidence, playfulness and being interesting; PUA dipshits just muddle through it like they have stage fright in a middle school play, then bitch on reddit that it's not working and all women are awful. The book The Game gets into it a bit more, Mystery is more interested in controlling and manipulating women rather than cultivating grownup relationships and has nervous breakdowns when his 'girlfriends' want something more than magic tricks and being told their teeth are weird.

Mystery's VH1 show is also an awesome example of how vapid PUA culture is. The show was cancelled 3/4 of the way through because it was revealed that he owned the bar where the contestants were 'sarging', and all of the women the contestants ran game on were local actresses he had hired in order to show that his method was successful.

So basically you're saying is PUA is less about skeezy dudes in regular bars and more about guys who think the concept of a video game bar is cool? The latter also bemoans their perpetually single status as not of a fault of their own sloth but instead of an abstract concept including but not limited to 'the bitch shield'.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Melchior posted:

So basically you're saying is PUA is less about skeezy dudes in regular bars and more about guys who think the concept of a video game bar is cool? The latter also bemoans their perpetually single status as not of a fault of their own sloth but instead of an abstract concept including but not limited to 'the bitch shield'.

Yes, its treating talking to a girl in a bar like it's the end boss of a game, if they memorize the patterns and use the right button combinations they can win.

And when they fail, they say the computer is cheating and throw the controller at the screen, rather than an utter lack of charisma on their part.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

tbp posted:

Ah, so the demographic that will go on to enjoy proportionately the most amount of political, financial, scientific and cultural success. Funny that.

PUA's are the libertarians of socializing.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

PUA's are the libertarians of socializing.

what does that even mean you retard

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
puas are the bitcoin fedora neckbeards of socializing

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Libertarians failed at capitalism so they make a crazy response to it.

These guys failed at socializing. There you go.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

butplug accident posted:

what does that even mean you retard

it means they are idiots hth ttj

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Melchior posted:

Video game bar you say?? Good thing our boy Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw is opening a new gaming bar just for the people you describe!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Wicker Man you suck at expressing yourself and have ridiculous, contorted reasoning.

Much like the section on the Vickery-Clarke-Groves mechanism in MWG's canonical graduate-level microeconomic theory text.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Dash O Pepper posted:

Video game bar you say?? Good thing our boy Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw is opening a new gaming bar just for the people you describe!

that link is pro mainly because

- It's absolutely zero surprise to anyone but yahtzee that the mana bar went out of business and,
- the place hes opening up instead is the Beta Bar (for betas, you see)

this only supports my theories

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The mana bar is a terrible idea and discussed by even the nerdiest of people as a running joke that you would only ever go to ironically.

Going out and getting loaded is like the one time a week you can appear to not be a disgusting malnourished nerd incapable of human interaction and you go to a gaming bar jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

abigserve posted:

The mana bar is a terrible idea and discussed by even the nerdiest of people as a running joke that you would only ever go to ironically.

Going out and getting loaded is like the one time a week you can appear to not be a disgusting malnourished nerd incapable of human interaction and you go to a gaming bar jesus christ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCraft

• Locked thread