Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Derek Barona posted:

Bear puns. Seriously, bear puns. You guys are unbearable. Seriously, I can bearly believe you guys would embearass yourselves like this. The fact we have to bear witness to such a grizzly string of cub-rate quality humor really bears down on my soul. That you felt the need to bring this senseless gimmick to bear on the rest of us forces me to bear off from this LP and bare out the parts of the commentary that were legitimate and that which has been laid bare for all to see as nothing more than shameful quality work. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Bear puns. What nerve.

Geop is it backseat modding if I bribe you to ban this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Panzer Skank posted:

Geop is it backseat modding if I bribe you to ban this guy

Totally worth it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Demonbait posted:

Next boss spoilers, he's after Ray's picnic basket full of crackers.
You're a much more talented person than I!

Please, never come in bears....

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Demonbait posted:

Next boss spoilers, he's after Ray's picnic basket full of crackers.

Niggurath posted:

Goons never fail to surprise me :allears:

This is beautiful.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm glad that this game has finally covered the deadliest natural disaster: the bear.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Niggurath posted:

Mods?!?!

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here

Somebody please cobble a drum into that gif so that I can die without regrets

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Tin Tim posted:

Mods?!?!

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here

Somebody please cobble a drum into that gif so that I can die without regrets

"Well, I could be productive and work today, orrrr"

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Panzer Skank posted:

:golfclap:

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

And here I thought the only rim-shot was when Ray fired his gun at it! :tipshat:

CYMBALISM, LADIES AND GENTS.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

That is amazing. Neil Beart is the best bear.

Terri Fozzie-o? Dave Growl?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Panzer Skank posted:

You complete me :allears:

Geop posted:

And here I thought the only rim-shot was when Ray fired his gun at it! :tipshat:

:drat:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 7, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Derek Barona posted:

Bear puns. Seriously, bear puns. You guys are unbearable. Seriously, I can bearly believe you guys would embearass yourselves like this. The fact we have to bear witness to such a grizzly string of cub-rate quality humor really bears down on my soul. That you felt the need to bring this senseless gimmick to bear on the rest of us forces me to bear off from this LP and bare out the parts of the commentary that were legitimate and that which has been laid bare for all to see as nothing more than shameful quality work. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Bear puns. What nerve.

Panzer Skank posted:

Geop posted:

Jesus Christ, this thread.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

RareAcumen posted:

Jesus Christ, this thread.

This is the best thread. For sursa.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

These terrible puns have bruined this LP :mad:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Geop posted:

I just hope somebody makes a gif of Ray playing some whac-a-flow :dance:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Action and science come together in an update that will make even less sense than usual! Also we get one of our first new costumes....which can't be used till new game+ for some reason.

Also I've become massively lazy and no one is really watching the cut commentary versions, so there won't be anymore of those. If you get lost in the plot then we can easily explain it here in the thread.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Niggurath posted:

Also I've become massively lazy and no one is really watching the cut commentary versions, so there won't be anymore of those. If you get lost in the plot then we can easily explain it here in the thread.

How cute, you think people are paying attention to the plot.

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014
Really you should, because it's dumb and hilarious. Like the fact they think warning about a disaster would cause an economic crisis.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

The plot lost me after they killed off Sue. Everything after that has been a haze of bears and giant hamburgers

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I don't remember this part of Alan Wake and/or Deadly Premonition.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So Iris is kinda like Lennie? Super strong but really not that bright.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Wow you barrelly made that jump at the end. The Shirt was worth it though.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Man, this game is super special. Scooping lava with a metal shovel and collecting an ugly-rear end shirt, all in one video. :magical:

And as I said before, people would have to be blind to miss the story here. Just look at those giant Wii-game subtitles.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I really don't like the brutal anti-barrel agenda this game is pushing, now we're just stomping on them repeatedly and beating them up in mass.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Ed Wynn is the dude with the silly voice that Geop has been imitating. Probably everyone here knows him from some Disney film or another.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You can totally shovel lava.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I sadly cannot fault the developers for having done their homework on the most nonsensical poo poo; shovel lava and fire-nados.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Niggurath posted:

I sadly cannot fault the developers for having done their homework on the most nonsensical poo poo; shovel lava and fire-nados.

Yeah the most nonsensical part of that scene was not in fact the lava shoveling but the fact that the lava melted the steel mess. Lava is typically between 700 and 1200 celcius, Steel typically melts at just over 1500 celcius. Steel is in fact a perfectly functional material for picking up lava with if for some inexplicable reason you want to do that. I imagine it'd cause some pretty serious wear and oxidisation on the steel but it'd work.

What should have happened is the lava should have just slowly solidified around the steel making it even harder to remove.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

News to me :staredog: I've been of the mentality of DON'T TOUCH LAVA, YOU JERKS. That said, it still supercools in to a solid rather quickly, meaning that the technique we saw in-game (even if done faster) wouldn't have gone the same.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Touching lava is definitely a bad idea; poking it with a stick on the other hand is less likely to be instantly fatal.

Sticks are marvellous things.

necroid
May 14, 2009

I don't think this is a safe distance in general, but this is a game with patient tsunamis so not much of a point in discussing this stuff.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Personally I was convinced that Ray was going to scoop lava with his bare hands and thought that it'd make sense for the game, scooping lava with shovels is for losers and worry-warts.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Neruz posted:

Touching lava is definitely a bad idea; poking it with a stick on the other hand is less likely to be instantly fatal.

Sticks are marvellous things.

Sticks are humanities greatest tool/scientific device/problem solver.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Detective Thompson posted:

Ed Wynn is the dude with the silly voice that Geop has been imitating. Probably everyone here knows him from some Disney film or another.

Looking up Ed Wynn on Youtube a while back, I came across this clip of him on What's My Line waaay back in the day. It cracks me up every time.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Are you loving serious :stare: poo poo.

well played Monolith Soft...well played.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Somehow I didn't notice this LP until Tin Tim told me about it. Thanks Tin Tim! Caught up with it over the past couple of days. Marvellous stuff.

Am I the only one to have a macabre interest to see what would have happened if you hadn't been quick enough getting rid of the barrels to save Iris? Or wondering what it would have looked like if you had missed the jump across to the t-shirt?

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Geop posted:

News to me :staredog: I've been of the mentality of DON'T TOUCH LAVA, YOU JERKS. That said, it still supercools in to a solid rather quickly, meaning that the technique we saw in-game (even if done faster) wouldn't have gone the same.

Admit it, Geop. You're just afraid that they're going to take away your mod status and give it to Ray with his supreme knowledge of Geology.

You should really learn to be more magmanimous in these kinds of situations. :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Mr. Soop posted:

Admit it, Geop. You're just afraid that they're going to take away your mod status and give it to Ray with his supreme knowledge of Geology.

You should really learn to be more magmanimous in these kinds of situations. :v:

You deserve to go against the wall in front of a firing line for that one.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

your evil twin posted:

Somehow I didn't notice this LP until Tin Tim told me about it. Thanks Tin Tim! Caught up with it over the past couple of days. Marvellous stuff.

Am I the only one to have a macabre interest to see what would have happened if you hadn't been quick enough getting rid of the barrels to save Iris? Or wondering what it would have looked like if you had missed the jump across to the t-shirt?
The lava almost touches her, she screams, fade to black, Ray cries over SteveIris. There's no real specific death scenes but there are death quotes from Ray to appropriately fit the failure of the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

FinalGamer posted:

The lava almost touches her, she screams, fade to black, Ray cries over SteveIris. There's no real specific death scenes but there are death quotes from Ray to appropriately fit the failure of the situation.
Yeah, sadly are they ever really shown; I don't think Nintendo is big on being gruesome, at least visually.

• Locked thread