Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Noeland posted:

You could say that were anyone in the market for one, any purchase would be...

:c00lbert:

An Impulse buy.

Mine was definitely an Impulse buy. Hahaha. $400, I couldn't pass it up.

Leroy Diplowski posted:

It's an '84 crx. The first year ever made. The 85-86 models had slightly different headlights and front fascia. Also, the si model came out in '85. All of the '84s were carb'd.

Crap, I was off a year. I had an 84 CRX as well. It's been awhile since I've had it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

I'd like to toss my Turbo X into the ring. One of only 2,000 produced, and one of only ~600 imported to the US. It is a slushbox (feh) sedan, so that makes it roughly one of 210 in 2008 - and probably nearing 1 of 100 still on the road, since they tend to get totaled out for minor issues these days.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

One of these days it's getting a transmission swap too, because the stock Renault-sourced one won't tolerate much more than the 400 hp you can comfortably tune it up to via chip mods.

The V8 turbo was still using the Renault box? :psyduck:

The Holloway Performance upgrade kit for it seems well regarded, though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yup. Now the only trick is to budget for it before they run out and tell me they're never making more.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Could you turn a Porsche G50 upside-down, which is what some kit cars do, or convert something like a Subaru STI 'box to "front" wheel drive and use that?

I'd imagine adapting an inherently stronger gearbox to fit would cost about the same as uprating the existing one (Renault UN1, yes?), and you can always later uprate that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks like I'm gonna have to; guy wrote back and said they're all long gone. :v:

Oh well, he was just licensing a Derek Bell design, and his only advantage was being domestic, so there's still options.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
According to a 2011 post on rotary vehicles registered in the USA, I own one of 67 1974 RX-4s still on the road and not scrapped/hiding in a barn/race-only.

And that's all body styles combined, though the data is only for sedans and wagons (and mine is a coupe). I can't find any current data or original importation figures.

If you want to play the paint/interior/options game, mine may well be the only RX-4 of its kind left in the US (I won't be :smug: enough to assume worldwide).

Forest Green exterior, matching Forest Green interior, along with all optional equipment (AM/FM radio, A/C, and [ugh] an automatic transmission).

The old girl even has a manual choke.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Looks like I'm gonna have to; guy wrote back and said they're all long gone. :v:

Oh well, he was just licensing a Derek Bell design, and his only advantage was being domestic, so there's still options.

If we ever end up at the same Goon meet or something, could I get a ride?

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Can't imagine there's many of these about. 1962 Commer PA with autosleeper conversion and sliding doors. Probably the favourite of my cars at the minute.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jefinabox fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
With the various paint colours, is it a Commer Chameleon?

• Locked thread