Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I was going to make an argument but Chael does not backup and probably would not fight conservatively during the opening round. If they fight he needs to put Vitor on his back immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Should we really be discussing hypotheticals about this fight after Vitor's X-Men application was just released?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It all depends on if Chael can keep Vitor on the ground or not. If Vitor gets up a couple times then Chael is toast. If not, then Chael's pressure will suck the will to fight right out of Vitor.

Or maybe he'll catch an armbar, lol.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm basically going to imagine that it looks like the Sakuraba fight and when Chael gets knocked silly I'll just go to my happy place and replay that fight in my head.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
The sheer levels of horse testosterone soaking through Chael's skin the second he locks up with Vitor will counteract the effects of his tiny balls and he'll power up like a wrestlier Popeye, and proceed to shove Vitor through the cage while informing him that his haircut is a revoltin' development, ug ug ug ug ug.

In a hilarious twist, the chunks of cage-sliced Vitor will be sent to his sister's kidnappers. TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME, PENDECO.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I love imagining the mental gymnastics Dana will have to perform to justify his hardline steroid stance and the fact one of their biggest fighters is probably not technically still considered to be a homo sapiens sapiens but a sentient muscle filled with other muscles

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What exactly kept Vitor from finishing Jones with that arm bar? Was Jones strong enough to keep Vitor from breaking his arm?

Edit:
My recollection was way off. Looks like the position allowed Jones to slip away.

obeyasia fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 9, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

obeyasia posted:

What exactly kept Vitor from finishing Jones with that arm bar? Was Jones strong enough to keep Vitor from breaking his arm?

Vitor claims he heard Jones cry out in pain and let go of it because he took that as a verbal tap or some poo poo. Realistically who knows.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

obeyasia posted:

Edit:
My recollection was way off. Looks like the position allowed Jones to slip away.

As I recall Vitor's hips weren't positioned to where he could immediately break the arm, which meant that Jones had enough time to pick Vitor up and stack his body weight on the back of his neck, making it even harder to finish the submission. Then he freed himself. Vitor was able to damage the arm but not badly enough to force a stoppage or even slow Jones down that much.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Has this been posted already?

“This is just the beginning. Let’s open up the market with this beer, and things, such as keychains, slippers, t-shirts. Gradually we will launch stuff. Lets see what will be the response of the beer, and then begin to launch this line, the Vai Cavalo.”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Duck of Death posted:

Has this been posted already?

“This is just the beginning. Let’s open up the market with this beer, and things, such as keychains, slippers, t-shirts. Gradually we will launch stuff. Lets see what will be the response of the beer, and then begin to launch this line, the Vai Cavalo.”

I wish Werdum was a light heavyweight. He'd be the perfect dude to beat Jones. Maybe not stylistically, just personality wise.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
There's been a bit of Faber chat in the GDT which made me think where is Michael Macdonald? Last fight was December last year and I don't recall hearing he got injured?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Article from March says he hosed up his hand, though he hadn't gotten a MRI at the time, so he's probably still recovering from that.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Has he gotten married and banged someone finally yet?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maybe he's in self imposed sexile.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
he did the dougie

all the ladies love him

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Mark Munoz is removed from the rankings pending contract re-negotiation but

quote:

@mookiealexander · 37s
The UFC removed Mark Munoz from its rankings because his contract is up. Melvin Guillard can still be ranked and he's fighting in WSOF.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The first Garcia/TKZ match.

I don't really blame them for loving that one up because seeing it unfold live must've been completely mesmerizing.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@BloodyElbow 1m
Following hepatitis B treatment, UFC’s Geronimo dos Santos await medical clearance to make UFC debut

Also greg jackson is just the best

quote:

I caught up with the founder of Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA after the event was over and asked him about his Ivan Drago impression. Jackson said he had no idea he was even doing it. When he walked out with John Dodson, he was excited and jumping around, he said. When he came to the Octagon with Diego Sanchez, he was intense. And, evidently, when he interacts with Khabilov, he becomes becomes a native of the former Soviet bloc. Another reason why Jackson is one of the more fascinating personalities in MMA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/making-the-grade-passes-fails-from-ufc-fight-night-albuquerque-060814

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 9, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think Greg Jackson actually is autistic.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Geez goons, everyones autistic. Can't ask a girl out? Autistic. Get anxiety if the safeway doesn't have self-checkout? Autistic. Semi-successfully reduce millennia of martial arts knowledge, strategy and application into a cold soul-less theoretical powerpoint presentation of circles and lines? Autistic.

:rolleyes:

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Semi-successfully reduce millennia of martial arts knowledge, strategy and application into a cold soul-less theoretical powerpoint presentation of circles and lines? Autistic.

I'm a writer for the big bang theory and I'd like to thank you for getting me out of a jam. Deadlines are hard.

But yes, humor aside, goons do like to throw 'autistic' around casually.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Greg Jackson is not driven by autism, but by pure evil

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was thinking about The Jackson the other day and Cerrone and Carlos Conduit are both exciting fighters under Greg Jackson

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

I was thinking about The Jackson the other day and Cerrone and Carlos Conduit are both exciting fighters under Greg Jackson

Cerrone doesn't listen to anything he says and Condit's only possible Nodes are being flashy and exciting, not ineffectively laying on people or bopping up and down just out of range.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Bundt Cake posted:

Greg Jackson is not driven by autism, but by pure evil

There is a difference?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Don't get me wrong, Jackson is a complete dingus and him doing a russian accent was loving hilarious, but there's an actual psychological phenomenon that occurs that cause people to do this and it's kind of common. Have you ever seen a really white guy start blackifying when around a group of black guys? It's the same thing. BBC did a piece on it recently when an English player (Joey Barton) slipped into super Frenchman mode when he began playing in France and had to talk at press conferences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovfYaQoPoY
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20508309

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaJYxxTgK0

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The best example of this, which I found out about via Joe Rogan's podcast since he feels the need to mention it at least once monthly: Quentin Tarantino talking about Django Unchained on BET...

http://www.bet.com/video/106andpark...-park-3089.html

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I didn't know that was a real thing. I feel better now because when I hang around my step-mom's British family for more than a few days I find myself speaking in a manner I normally wouldn't and feel like an idiot.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I just glossed over UFC 174 that's this Saturday and on paper it's pretty poo poo, but has the potential for a lot of wacky violence.

http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-174

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
nah it ain't that bad of a card. not great, but watchable.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would pay like 10 bucks just to watch DJ/Baggy and Rory/Woodley but gently caress the rest of it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It's not a bad card, it's just not a PPV level card.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

nah it ain't that bad of a card. not great, but watchable.

obviously.

Seltzer posted:

It's not a bad card, it's just not a PPV level card.

this is the context that should be used, which was my point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

until Joe Silva gets on point and gives us a card full of hilarious mismatches I'm probably going to avoid their B level shows for a while. The last two weekends of UFC were torturous.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDukX7W9Fk

the Nick Diaz and Mayhem Miller STATIC episode just dropped.

I'm not sure what my favorite part is, either Cruz playing armchair psychology or footage of the infamous bottle throw on Mayhem that I don't think has ever surfaced until now.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

“Ross was drug tested before the fight, which is perfectly normal,” [Dean Amasinger] told MMAjunkie. “That’s absolutely fine, and all this stuff is supposed to be random. But when Ross came back from the drug test, he said to me, ‘I’ve seen the list; none of the Jackson guys are on the drug test list, or the New Mexican guys who are fighting on the card.’ And so I went and checked and that was the case.

“I made a note to (UFC site coordinator) Burt Watson and I said, ‘I want to let you know that I’m feeling uncomfortable about that.’”

MMAjunkie wasn’t immediately able to verify the participants drug tested at UFC Fight Night 42, which took place at Tingely Coliseum in Albuquerque. A call to the commission wasn’t immediately returned; an open records request is pending.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's exceptionally strange and I would hope that it's Pearson's camp stirring poo poo out of sour grapes because the alternative if it's true is pretty drat shady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm no mental health expert but I'm pretty sure the ability to empathize with and adopt the mannerisms of another person is the opposite of autism.

You fuckin aspies.

• Locked thread