Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Teddybear posted:

Bryan announces he'll relinquish the championship, but only if he can pick the new champion. Steph gets frustrated and agrees.

KZZT KZZT LOOK IN MY EYES WHAT DO YOU SEE

Paul Heyman, the new WWE WHC

At least Heyman wouldn't be a wussy champ.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Should've just loving given Bryan the belt at Hell in a Cell. It seems like a lot of WWE's problems this year stem from that loving stupid decision.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Give the belt to Emma. I mean, does anyone else on the roster do a Muta Lock????????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NienNunb posted:

Give the belt to Emma. I mean, does anyone else on the roster do a Muta Lock????????

They'll bring in the Great Muta himself in NWO face paint!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

give me the belt, i am ready to be champ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In shocking twist, Devitt claims the WWE title for the Bullet Club, uniting the Shield and Evolution against him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Should've just loving given Bryan the belt at Hell in a Cell. It seems like a lot of WWE's problems this year stem from that loving stupid decision.
I don't know having him win the title at Wrestlemania was probably better than having him win at a C level PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know having him win the title at Wrestlemania was probably better than having him win at a C level PPV.

They hosed up by not giving him the belt at HiaC but it sure worked out because he got way more popular because of it come joining the Wyatts. (Him getting a neck injury and the decision to strip him has nothing to do with when they should have given him the belt)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Wrestlemania was great, and the build between Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania was great, but they have had no idea what they were going to do afterwards since they had to change their plans from top to bottom. If Bryan actually had a run with the title, Batista probably wouldn't have been poo poo on nearly as much. Since Punk quit we'd still end up with Bryan/Triple H at Wrestlemania and wouldn't have gotten the stupid Kane feud afterwards. And when Bryan had his surgery they wouldn't have to keep the title on a injured person because "oh poo poo, we waited way too long to give him a legitimate reign and we don't want the crowd making GBS threads on everything again. Guess we'll keep it on him as long as possible" only to have to strip him anyway because they took too long to put the belt on him. Its not the only major mistake, and a lot of good did come out of it, but they have no one to blame but themselves for the hole they've dug themselves into.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine how good someone with a year more experience than HHH will be.

I cannot imagine a better performer than Hunter

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

I cannot imagine a better performer than Hunter

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

That's not Kane!

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Reminder that Raw is in Minneapolis tonight, home of the awesome Elimination Chamber crowd.

Also I will be there and I'm gonna snag a Bo-lieve shirt :dance:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:vince:

Hey where is that really short video I remember from the synctube talking about Sting putting the deathlock on someone in a rhymey way

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

From Observer front page:

They make it sound like they handing the title to someone tonight; is that just bad phrasing and he means they know who is winning the belt at MITB?

Fistrockbone
Nov 30, 2006

Static Rook posted:

Reminder that Raw is in Minneapolis tonight, home of the awesome Elimination Chamber crowd.

Also I will be there and I'm gonna snag a Bo-lieve shirt :dance:

I'm gonna be there too! I'm hoping Damien Sandow comes dressed up like Paul Bunyan.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

I really hope that they figure out a reason to have a second money in the bank match with a briefcase at stake. THe match for the title is great, but you have to imagine that it will include a number of guys who won't put forward the kind of match you'd get otherwise (Cena, Kane, Russev?, etc). I don't know how they could create another match that makes sense, but it's the WWE, they rarely make sense anyway.

My favorite time of the year other than the Rumble/Wrestlemania season is the period after MITB where you are always expecting the cash-in.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

Give the belt to Sting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

They make it sound like they handing the title to someone tonight; is that just bad phrasing and he means they know who is winning the belt at MITB?

From my understanding of Davenglish they just know who is winning the belt at MITB.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"It's clobberin' time" is just as dumb as "It's showtime" when you think about it but people seem to give CM Punk a pass on that because comic books or whatever

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Obvious and long-time coming, but still, this sucks. It's a shame that lackluster reign followed such a great WrestleMania. :smith:

So, barring some quick hotshot of the belt at Battleground (which seems unlikely to me, but what do I know), the winner at Money in the Bank is probably going to wind up facing Lesnar at SummerSlam in lieu of Bryan? I can't really think of anything except tossing it back to Cena on that logic.

I know where people are coming from with giving it to Rollins, but I don't think he's in a spot to main event SummerSlam. He also seems to be in the one planned out storyline they have going right now and that's probably better to stick to, for the whole Shield.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"It's clobberin' time" is just as dumb as "It's showtime" when you think about it but people seem to give CM Punk a pass on that because comic books or whatever

Punk doesn't end every promo with "IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Give the belt to Sting tonight, who then rips off his mask to reveal that it's Damien Sandow.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Punk doesn't end every promo with "IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME"

Ah, I thought it was being mentioned because Sting says it during his entrance sometimes. Then again I haven't seen more than maybe one Sting promo from TNA because I haven't seen TNA in a long time (nobody should) so I didn't know he did it during promos

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I liked It's Showtime Folks when those were the only three words Sting knew.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

From my understanding of Davenglish they just know who is winning the belt at MITB.

:tipshat:

I am so loving hyped for orchestral Sting promos with the whole orchestra wearing Sting facepaint

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I still like Sting and wish it were 1997 :(

then I could warn America of the tragedy coming in 2001 and prevent the death of WCW.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmBUUSDDKM

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The things leading to that tragedy were well at work in 1997 so good luck with that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It would be awesome to have two matches, one for the briefcase and one for the title, then to have whoever wins the case challenge the champ immediately after the title match is over.

Like imagine if they have Rollins or someone well-liked win the MITB, then give the title to someone boring like Cena. Just sucks the air out of the arena. Newly heel Rollins runs in after the title match and the place just blows up.

Yes, I realized after I typed this that it sounds like an idea a 13 year old boy would think up.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the funniet thing about this is Sting claiming he is wearing a $4000 dollar suit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

then I could warn America of the tragedy coming in 2001 and prevent the death of WCW.

Who would a time traveler have to go back in time and kill to prevent the death of WCW

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

:lol:

Bischoff thinks he's scarface there. Joker Sting is the worst of the Stings.

MassRafTer posted:

97 Sting was good but Surfer Sting is forever

Valeyard posted:

the funniet thing about this is Sting claiming he is wearing a $4000 dollar suit

I do like that he says everyone takes you seriously in an expensive suit while wearing one that's bright red so at least one gag worked in that bad video - though I dunno how many of his bits were outright stolen from the joker so it's weird

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they're in minneapolis tonight? the town that gives curtis axel huge pop? should be good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This post wrestlemania season has not gone anyway like I thought it would. And while I'm sad we don't get an Austin title run for Daniel, I don't want him to rush his recovery and we'll always have Wrestlemania 30. These changes could turn out very interesting if handled well. Looking forward to Raw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Who would a time traveler have to go back in time and kill to prevent the death of WCW

It'd basically be an FPS.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Spikeguy posted:

This post wrestlemania season has not gone anyway like I thought it would. And while I'm sad we don't get an Austin title run for Daniel, I don't want him to rush his recovery and we'll always have Wrestlemania 30.

The funniest thing about comparing Austin to Daniel is that a ton of the awesome stuff Austin did to get over happened while he had a busted up neck and couldn't wrestle. They had to get creative with Austin and did interesting promos and skits, rather than trotting him out there to be yelled at by Stephanie a few times.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So am I the only one that feel like all of the Shield members and Seth should be nowhere near the World title?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

So am I the only one that feel like all of the Shield members and Seth should be nowhere near the World title?

No, I agree. I'm pretty sure Cena will be getting the belt back just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Just curious, why do you feel that way?

• Locked thread