Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

lonter posted:

How can I play this game? I mean how do I buy it or whatever? The OP is confusing.

you can buy it, but "playing" it requires some semantic acrobatics

don't bother reading the manual...lurk endlessly hoping for someone without autism to mention clearly how to do things like select targets and choose weapons groups and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

They had Lead Calculating Optical Sights at the end of WW2. I cannot see why we can't have that here.
If you have multiple weapon types, you'll get a lead indicator for each. Even MWO figured out how to have multiple aim indicators :)
It'll still be possible to dodge shots by maneuvering as time of flight for the projectiles will still be a factor.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I have a loaner Hornet since I pledged a Freelancer. The weapons loadout on the loaner show missiles of some sort, but they're noted as "unarmed". Can they be "armed"?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

Hornet is basically a really, really heavy fighter. It's got a ridiculous number of weapons compared to the other (non-military) fighters. It shouldn't be that nimble.

Er, no it isn't. 22k kg puts it squarely in the same bracket as the 300 series, and it's smaller than ships like the Cutlass. None of the weights make sense yet but if I had to guess the Hornet will be the standard and most other fighters will be classified by how they differ from it.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

MoraleHazard posted:

I have a loaner Hornet since I pledged a Freelancer. The weapons loadout on the loaner show missiles of some sort, but they're noted as "unarmed". Can they be "armed"?
Unarmed just means they are in the missile rack. Lock on (Middle Click) and click again to fire.

If there are no missiles, it will say "empty".

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

ImplicitAssembler posted:

They had Lead Calculating Optical Sights at the end of WW2. I cannot see why we can't have that here.
If you have multiple weapon types, you'll get a lead indicator for each. Even MWO figured out how to have multiple aim indicators :)
It'll still be possible to dodge shots by maneuvering as time of flight for the projectiles will still be a factor.

If you put guns in the fixed slots on the hornet, you do get a lead pipper for them. I'm not sure yet whether the gimballed guns will lock on with the pipper on the target instead of the gun cross.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
You see the 10 for the chairman, Question 7 at 11.29

-Can a player organization be classified as a terrorist organization by UEE. So its members are attacked on sight in UEE space.

Basically yes if they are participating in anti social, negative anti UEE behavior lol :)

"You have to be careful how you run your organization"- Chris Roberts.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

NovemberMike posted:

Er, no it isn't. 22k kg puts it squarely in the same bracket as the 300 series, and it's smaller than ships like the Cutlass. None of the weights make sense yet but if I had to guess the Hornet will be the standard and most other fighters will be classified by how they differ from it.

Presumably the Hornet (especially the military one) is more heavily armored than the other "fighters". Note that the other fighters are not necessarily purpose built combat craft. The 300i for instance is a "touring" vehicle, which probably means less armor (and definitely less guns), but more fancy leather seats, and higher performance. Within the 300 class, the 325a is an interdictor, and therefore may be more heavily armored than the 300i, and that may be reflected in the handling.

I would ignore the weight ratings on the ship specs page at this point - things like this are likely going to be tweaked for balance's sake rather than pure physics anyway. While the Hornet may be classified as a "light" fighter, it is most definitely bigger and badder than the other comparable single seaters. It is heavily armed and armored, so you give up speed and maneuverability over the 300i which is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

With the Aurora, you get a sweet bullseye paint scheme. It's a Toyota. Underwhelming in every conceivable way, not much to look at, and minimally equipped/armed/armored. Nobody should expect it to be nimble, fast, or to be able to go toe to toe with the real combat fighters. But it's cheap and it's shaped like a coffin. So uh... Aurora!

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

brakanjan posted:

-Can a player organization be classified as a terrorist organization by UEE. So its members are attacked on sight in UEE space.

Basically yes if they are participating in anti social, negative anti UEE behavior lol :)

In lieu of levels and the ability to brag about "First Guild to Raid the Level 50 Dungeon", I think "First Org Declared Terrorists" seems like good bragging rights.

In an ironic twist, "first" will either be Imperium or REI...

EDIT: In no way do I think poopsocking it to 50 is anything to which one should attack too much pride. "I have NO LIFE outside of gaming, but even more so than any of you" is a sentence that should almost always be followed by idling your car in the garage with the door shut.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 10, 2014

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

NovemberMike posted:

As you've said the weight makes no sense and the stats page calls it "Military Close Support". 23k kg mass is a joke if the 300i has 20k or the Scythe has 30k, unless the Hornet's components are made of metal with negative mass and guns wrapped in anti gravity fields.

CIG are absolutely terrible when it comes to ship descriptions and pre-judging basically any physical characteristics in advance. The number of guns and size makes the Hornet a heavy fighter - it's even got loving turrets. A regular fighter doesn't have 6 times the firepower of an equivalent "civilian" fighter, and there's no way in hell it's a light fighter with the armament it has.

Remember the only things we can really compare it to are the ships we've got, because we've seen again and again that the rest of the lineup is in complete flux. And compared to the civilian jack of all trades, civilian light fighter and Vanduul Medium (Dralthi Equivalent) Fighter, the Hornet is a heavy monster of a ship.

By the way, how crazy good looking were WC3 and WC4 for their time? Seeing the ship models from that time just drives home how far ahead on the visual curve Roberts games used to be.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you compare the Hornet to the traditional Wing Commander tropes, it's totally a heavy fighter. The only way it won't be a heavy fighter is if CIG decides to make multi-crew ships "heavy" craft from a lore perspective.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

As you've said the weight makes no sense and the stats page calls it "Military Close Support". 23k kg mass is a joke if the 300i has 20k or the Scythe has 30k, unless the Hornet's components are made of metal with negative mass and guns wrapped in anti gravity fields.

CIG are absolutely terrible when it comes to ship descriptions and pre-judging basically any physical characteristics in advance. The number of guns and size makes the Hornet a heavy fighter - it's even got loving turrets. A regular fighter doesn't have 6 times the firepower of an equivalent "civilian" fighter, and there's no way in hell it's a light fighter with the armament it has.

Remember the only things we can really compare it to are the ships we've got, because we've seen again and again that the rest of the lineup is in complete flux. And compared to the civilian jack of all trades, civilian light fighter and Vanduul Medium (Dralthi Equivalent) Fighter, the Hornet is a heavy monster of a ship.

Everything is in flux but the 300 series and the Hornet seem to be the most nailed down so it's the best comparison we can make. When we compare the 300 series to the Military Hornet the Hornet has a lot more guns and the powerplant to power some of them, but it doesn't look like enough to really double the firepower. I doubt the Hornet will be designed to fire all of the guns all the time. It's got maybe 50% more firepower realistically, slightly better shields and possibly (probably not) slightly better maneuverability. In return, the 300 series gets cargo and a bunch of nifty civilian QoL stuff. Nothing about the Hornet strikes me as being "bigger", it's just a more focused military craft.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Av027 posted:

With the Aurora, you get a sweet bullseye paint scheme. It's a Toyota. Underwhelming in every conceivable way, not much to look at, and minimally equipped/armed/armored. Nobody should expect it to be nimble, fast, or to be able to go toe to toe with the real combat fighters. But it's cheap and it's shaped like a coffin. So uh... Aurora!

Funny thing with the Aurora is since it is 3 times smaller than a hornet, and despite having one shield gen, I got hit less during vandul swarm cause of how small it is, heavy guns will have a hard time hitting it, even if it is the slowest. I found it played more like a Zero from war thunder, not the best armoured or armed, and deffently not the fasted, but getting behind some one normally means you stay there till they are dead

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
They just seem to slap down whatever mass number pops into their head without much tought. I wonder if those numbers factor into their thruster mechanics? Having the wrong values here would probably make the ships handle in non-intuitive ways?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Stevefin posted:

Funny thing with the Aurora is since it is 3 times smaller than a hornet, and despite having one shield gen, I got hit less during vandul swarm cause of how small it is, heavy guns will have a hard time hitting it, even if it is the slowest. I found it played more like a Zero from war thunder, not the best armoured or armed, and deffently not the fasted, but getting behind some one normally means you stay there till they are dead

I concur. I seem to be able to shoot my way accurately through the waves with the aurora, stayed on the elite guys to, in fact it seemed a lot easier to hit shoot them down between 100 to 400m. I thought the Hornet should be faster.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

What size fighter is the Gladius classified as? It seems fairly big with a big-honkin nose turret.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

brakanjan posted:

"You have to be careful how you run your organization"- Chris Roberts.

and they will have different rules for us than they do everyone else, so what?

we have a couple things they don't...balls, first and foremost, but that thing the French call "how do you say?" which is the difference between James Dean and someone held in high social regard with nerds but is less cool...the fetal alcohol dude who was captain of firefly, for instance.

yeah, whatever...the main thing is, this is obviously Lesnick's doing, because he's definitely eating nerds and distilling their nerd energy and storing it in his fat cells, to use on us in 2024, when the game is released

he must be stopped, at some point

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Justin Tyme posted:

What size fighter is the Gladius classified as? It seems fairly big with a big-honkin nose turret.

Light.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Ardlen posted:

Unarmed just means they are in the missile rack. Lock on (Middle Click) and click again to fire.

If there are no missiles, it will say "empty".

Middle clicking doesn't do anything when I try it; even with a ship targeted.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

MoraleHazard posted:

I wound up dumb-firing my missiles during my first (and only) attempt, so at least mine are firing.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

MoraleHazard posted:

Target a ship, get relatively close (within 1km or a little closer), and make sure the targeted ship is somewhat close to being under your reticule before you middle click. You should at least see the beginnings of the way too noticeable lock on animation.

NostrilBreaker
Mar 8, 2014

Octopode posted:

Target a ship, get relatively close (within 1km or a little closer), and make sure the targeted ship is somewhat close to being under your reticule before you middle click. You should at least see the beginnings of the way too noticeable lock on animation.

I've tried and I find that any distance closer than 1.5km will get you a lock. (Tested on 300i)

NostrilBreaker fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 10, 2014

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

imperialparadox posted:

They just seem to slap down whatever mass number pops into their head without much tought. I wonder if those numbers factor into their thruster mechanics? Having the wrong values here would probably make the ships handle in non-intuitive ways?

They've claimed that mass matters, and ships + items do have defined masses. The Aurora's really bad thrust/mass ratio would certainly go a ways to explaining why it flies like such a pig compared to the 300i.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

BitBasher posted:

It's literally a light fighter? It's even written in the cockpit "Hornet Light Fighter" and is lighter than the briefly announced medium fighter.

Its technically a "Medium Fighter" if not by weight, then by the fact that you can strap like 8(10?) guns on the drat thing. I think the milspec M7A-M gets up to 12 guns. Its little more than a mobile pew pew factory.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

NovemberMike posted:

Everything is in flux but the 300 series and the Hornet seem to be the most nailed down so it's the best comparison we can make. When we compare the 300 series to the Military Hornet the Hornet has a lot more guns and the powerplant to power some of them, but it doesn't look like enough to really double the firepower. I doubt the Hornet will be designed to fire all of the guns all the time. It's got maybe 50% more firepower realistically, slightly better shields and possibly (probably not) slightly better maneuverability. In return, the 300 series gets cargo and a bunch of nifty civilian QoL stuff. Nothing about the Hornet strikes me as being "bigger", it's just a more focused military craft.

Mr Super Hornet would like to have a word with you.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Malakesh posted:

Mr Super Hornet would like to have a word with you.

In what way? I was comparing it to the military Hornet and the Super Hornet is pretty similar to that.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Thanks for the help with the missiles. I got it to work. Flying the loaner Hornet in the Arcom Asylum tempts me to pledge for one.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Something that's been happening to me after about ten minutes of flight is that my screen goes completely black. It's not a blackout, and it's not a driver crash - I hit escape, see the pause menu, hit resume, and I'm back in the swing. This tends to keep happening every ten minutes or so.

nVidia 560ti, by the way. Latest drivers.

Also it took literally thirty minutes for me to finish Wave 2 with a Aurora. No missiles, though.

I suck pretty badly.

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009

Warcabbit posted:

Something that's been happening to me after about ten minutes of flight is that my screen goes completely black. It's not a blackout, and it's not a driver crash - I hit escape, see the pause menu, hit resume, and I'm back in the swing. This tends to keep happening every ten minutes or so.

nVidia 560ti, by the way. Latest drivers.

Also it took literally thirty minutes for me to finish Wave 2 with a Aurora. No missiles, though.

I suck pretty badly.

Yeah, I've noticed this a few times as well. It's like my display driver turns off or something - was thinking it could be related to gforces but I'm not entirely sure. Can't replicated it easily.
I have a radeon HD 7800, also latest drivers.
Does this happen when you're flying straight? I've only ever noticed it while turning - but that is pretty much all the time for me.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

jynxed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lb_mRzDG7w

Thought some might like to see this. It's a 5 min vid showing off the weapon head tracking with an Oculus Rift using an x55 hotas for flight. Other half made earlier. Please note, OR support is a little laggy just not and not implemented 100% perfectly.

I know I'm a day behind but holy poo poo that looks cool. Now I need to get a rift whenever they get around to making a commercial version.

jynxed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzQ-wLT8agA

Follow on from Hornet OR video, this is a 300i, X55 hotas is the primary controller as before, trying to show head tracking again.

Looked like there was some aggressive culling or something happening. Can you see that when you play or is that just an artifact of the video stream that's gets recorded?

treizebee posted:

All this talk about energy consumption synergy with weapons makes me giddy about same-ship variety.

Even in Eve there were ship builds that autocannon and missile based ships could do that laser ships couldn't (or not as well) because of energy. But then there there were advantages and disadvantages that did balance it out.

And since I brought Eve up, I do hope there are coders out there with the intent on making a Star Citizen version of EFT. God drat was that one of the best 3rd party programs ever made for a game, and this game will sorely need one.

As long as they make and API and/or static data export publicly visible there's no reason you couldn't. Otherwise having people need to extrapolate from in-game stats or ripping the underlying data files is going to significantly increase the barrier. The dynamic energy system adds some kinks to it though; any fitting system is limited by he underlying assumptions. EFT and Pyfa for example give different damage numbers, both of which are often different from what the in-game tool provides.

treizebee posted:

If you actually spend a decent chunk of time staring at the 3d curve graph and setup your TrackIR properly, it is ridiculously precise.

I always assume most people treat it as strictly plug and play, which it can be, but then you lose out on any personal optimization.
It's just like the difference between someone who plugs in a joystick and critiques on not getting the exact feel that they would like, and someone who takes the time to set up their deadzones to the millimeter.

OR is definitely in a class of its own, but what puts it there is biased towards novelty effects rather then advantageous mechanics. With the exception of not having to keep your eyes on your monitor as you turn your head as it is with TrackIR (the most common complaint, which is of course mostly solved with a proper profile).

edit : Basically I'm waiting to ditch simple head-tracking until technology brings us a device with proper peripheral vision because holy poo poo that changes everything.

So how does trackIR actually work? I keep imagining turning my head and having to do something awkward like head left eyes right to look around but it can't be that dumb.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. Currently only 250 have access, but none of them have posted about it.

I'm surprised big fish (or whoever he is on SA) hasn't had anything to say about it.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So how does trackIR actually work? I keep imagining turning my head and having to do something awkward like head left eyes right to look around but it can't be that dumb.

The movements you make with your head are amplified in game, so you do have to move your eyes to keep them on your monitor, but you're not straining to peek out the corner of your eyes or anything.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Stevefin posted:

That definitely bodes well for the Mustang then. I'm craving that ship so bad I might start writing slash fiction about it, starring a barely-disguised version of me.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 10, 2014

jynxed
Sep 30, 2013

Lysdexia FWT!
(In other words, I'm dyslexic)

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I know I'm a day behind but holy poo poo that looks cool. Now I need to get a rift whenever they get around to making a commercial version.

Looked like there was some aggressive culling or something happening. Can you see that when you play or is that just an artifact of the video stream that's gets recorded?

Fist time I have peopperly watched it as it was my husband's footage. I have never noticed big chunks of asteroid disapearing on me. So at a guess its just some odd bug in the video footage has picked up somewhere along the line.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
So I managed to sneak in another night of ~30min. Tried Ctrl+F and Ctrl+Caps, and I like this much better. I can't offhand remember how to turn COMSTAB off, and I don't see it in the keybindings. I'm being blind/stupid and missing something basic I'm sure as I know I've had it turned off before.

That being said, some of the maps are dark, the ships need spot lights. I died in round 5 or 6 due to running smack into a big rear end black platform thing that I didn't see until about three seconds before impact. Slightly amusing, but definitely something I think needs addressed. A few rounds later I died to, well I think I ran into debris or something. I started spinning wildly out of control for no reason I saw apparent, then my ship like spun itself apart/exploded. Oddly enough, both of my wing mates died at the same time. Finally made it to round 12, had all of my weapon systems knocked out, so I decided to ram the last Vanduul. Of course every time I hit him, my ship would take more and more damage, and he just shrugged it off, until finally I boosted into his cockpit at full boost, and shattered over his hull, killing myself, and both my wing mates.

I still don't like the Omnisky VI lasers off the 300i, nor do I care for the CF-117 Repeaters. Maybe these GT-220's are just that drat amazing, but due to how the power/shield mechanics work right now, and the lackluster damage output of the energy weapons, I'm thinking I'm going to be a projectiles all the way kinda guy. They just work without munching the poo poo out of my shield. That being said, I do hate how quickly they can fail state and become nonfunctional due to simple overheating. They seem to take way too much damage too quickly at this point.

That's all the :spergin: I've got for this alpha comp stomp sim. Until tomorrow when I can murder more Vanduul. :black101:

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008
Haha I just noticed that the overshooting happens when im first person in the hanger too. It looks like its at least partially a performance issue then. Unless some people with good rigs get this too.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Lexusbeat posted:

Haha I just noticed that the overshooting happens when im first person in the hanger too. It looks like its at least partially a performance issue then. Unless some people with good rigs get this too.

You mean the stuttering? Yeah, if I have the gfx up too high my running looks like someone with one leg a foot longer than the other, so suspect it's a combination of factors (computer performance, system design) that are causing the range of superficially similar problems. One theory I noted in jabber earlier is that the maneuvering performance is tied to the heat state of the ship in addition to everything else.

When I've been burning around for a while at full throttle and/or using the omniskys a lot, I notice the controls get way more jumpy, which tells me that one additional cause is that if the main 'heat pipe' or whatever they're using is full, your thrusters can't dump heat properly and so can't fire at the level the control solution calls for, leading to the janky behaviour.

Doesn't mean it's fun, but plus the other issues above suggests that most of the problems are design choices (choose to tune for under-damped rather than critically damped, the heat thing, gun tracking) rather than structural problems. The systems seem really quite robust so hopefully will improve a lot with relatively modest numerical adjustments.

The net code thing on the other hand..... It's like :ccp: and :pgi: all rolled into one.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

As long as they make and API and/or static data export publicly visible there's no reason you couldn't. Otherwise having people need to extrapolate from in-game stats or ripping the underlying data files is going to significantly increase the barrier. The dynamic energy system adds some kinks to it though; any fitting system is limited by he underlying assumptions. EFT and Pyfa for example give different damage numbers, both of which are often different from what the in-game tool provides.

Looks like someone will definitely have to make something though.
Question 3 on 10 for the chairman (episode 24), at 3:31, someone has asked if they will have something to view stats of different fittings before purchasing them. The reply seems pretty vague. Kind of like their Ship Specs page at the moment :)

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Nalin posted:

Don't get the Warthog. It is a $500 joystick and I doubt you need something that expensive. It is a drat fine stick, yes, but I would bet that anything with hall sensors will get you what you want. The X52 does have hall sensors, but the problem is that the hall sensors on the X52 aren't done very well. You can either do a mod to fix that, or buy a more accurate stick, like the Thrustmaster T.16000M.

It will probably be easier and cheaper to do a magnet mod on your joystick. Here are three different mods that accomplish the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JGZSx7UaVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJNiHmEszk

http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155&p=677

I didn't know that was a thing you could do, thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

brakanjan posted:

Looks like someone will definitely have to make something though.
Question 3 on 10 for the chairman (episode 24), at 3:31, someone has asked if they will have something to view stats of different fittings before purchasing them. The reply seems pretty vague. Kind of like their Ship Specs page at the moment :)

The question was basically "will I have a tool in game to tell me my percentage chance of blacking out if I combine Thruster X with gimp suit Y?" and Chris's response was "you'll have to ask the community." They're going to provide stats (similar to what's already in the game), but the level of extrapolation the question was asking for was a bit extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The question was basically "will I have a tool in game to tell me my percentage chance of blacking out if I combine Thruster X with gimp suit Y?" and Chris's response was "you'll have to ask the community." They're going to provide stats (similar to what's already in the game), but the level of extrapolation the question was asking for was a bit extreme.

Oh, I took that as in generally speaking. Not specific to the question. Just re watched it. See what you mean. Ty.

• Locked thread