Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...
I have to appreciate Poké Floats for how frugal it was. HAL did a lot of the work on the N64 Pokémon Stadium, so they had all these lower-poly models. Rather than spend time re-animating and updating them, Sakurai's team, on their tight time budget, were able to re-use them in their old form under the pretense that they were balloon facsimiles. I only wish the skybox had been identifiably more clearly above a Pokémon setting.

Then of course Genius Sonority didn't update them at all for Colosseum and we didn't get a proper redo until the main games started using models.

Mennonites Revenge fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Will I be able to glance in on this at work without downloading software? I'm not really familiar with what Twitch is, I had (probably foolishly) assumed that I could just stream the thing in a brower tab with the sound off and click on it now and then in between paperwork.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Bicyclops posted:

Will I be able to glance in on this at work without downloading software? I'm not really familiar with what Twitch is, I had (probably foolishly) assumed that I could just stream the thing in a brower tab with the sound off and click on it now and then in between paperwork.

I think it runs on Flash, same as Youtube. You can totally do what you just said.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maple Leaf posted:

I think it runs on Flash, same as Youtube. You can totally do what you just said.

Cool, thanks!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So I'm a foolish fool that hasn't been keeping up with E3 information, when and where can I watch Smash?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So I'm a foolish fool that hasn't been keeping up with E3 information, when and where can I watch Smash?

Nintendo is going to have footage of demos and interviews during the show and also they and twitch are going to be airing the tournament. Basically starting with the conference you could just keep the nintendo stream on all day and you'll get it all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Where exactly is the nintendo stream?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Endorph posted:

Where exactly is the nintendo stream?

Right here: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DrPaper posted:

Poke Floats is the only good scrolling stage.

And the only good stage.

Make all stages reskins of Poke Floats. Zelda Floats! Waluigi Floats! Landmaster Floats!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hope Star Fox's final smash changes from the landmaster. It should've been hopping into his spaceship and shooting at players similar to Snake's final smash. Falco should've been the landmaster and Wolf should've just went loving insane on a particular player with his claws

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Macaluso posted:

Falco should've been the landmaster

Personally, he prefers the air. :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Personally, he prefers the air. :colbert:

That's the cruel irony of his life you see

Acerbus
Sep 16, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I hope Star Fox's final smash changes from the landmaster. It should've been hopping into his spaceship and shooting at players similar to Snake's final smash. Falco should've been the landmaster and Wolf should've just went loving insane on a particular player with his claws

But personally, Falco prefers the Arwing!

Edit: drat it, drat it! Beaten!

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Box art got posted on twitter.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
.....Are they already loving done with Smash Bros reveals or was that just a long teaser or something????

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
October 3rd for 3ds. I fear that means spring 2015 for Wii U, even though they're still saying this year.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Space T Rex posted:

.....Are they already loving done with Smash Bros reveals or was that just a long teaser or something????

I figure there'll be one at the end of this stream and maybe another one at the invitational.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Supercar Gautier posted:

I figure there'll be one at the end of this stream and maybe another one at the invitational.

Wow I somehow completely forgot about the invitational. I'm kinda dumb.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm actually less excited about the game now that it has miis in it. I know that sounds dumb and selfish but that's jow it is. Now let's get another reveal to get me vack in, Nintendo!

(If its pac man I'm selling all my Nintendo hardware)

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I kind of like the Mii idea. I just hope they are saving something actually impressive for later.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Wow that Mario Maker is actually a brilliant idea.

E: As is this Splatoon game. Super original.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 10, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I was hoping for Miis to end up in a Smash Bros game but I never thought they would. I thought Nintendo had a no violence policy with them? I guess Smash Bros isn't exactly violent but I still thought it would be too much for them from what I'd heard. I imagine there will be a lot of Hitlers and Zoidbergs and whoever else is popular as Miis these days.

And yeah, Pokefloats was the poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bottom Liner posted:

October 3rd for 3ds. I fear that means spring 2015 for Wii U, even though they're still saying this year.

They were totally bullshitting with the Summer release weren't they? :smith:

Please understand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Without sound, I couldn't understand what they were saying about the figurines. What kind of functionality do they add to the game?

edit: WHOA, Palutena confirmed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:siren: PALUTENA CONFIRMED FOR SMASH :siren:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I saw her on the computer screen after walking back in the room from the toilet.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Waffleman_ posted:

I still can't believe it's a thing.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And is faster than sonic for some reason???

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So there was a Viridi voice clip in there, right? I didn't mis-hear that?

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So hype, god drat I was hoping for this

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bicyclops posted:

Without sound, I couldn't understand what they were saying about the figurines. What kind of functionality do they add to the game?

edit: WHOA, Palutena confirmed.

Sounds like you can tag them in as AI teammates midgame, among a few other things. They sort of suggested that they'd store some data for some kind of adaptive AI routines.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Loved the trailer, loved the gameplay, probably going to main her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG77HTdreh0

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I got the reveal I wanted. Hooray for Palutena!

Also the Mii Fighter concept was unexpectedly more interesting than I thought, what with the three different archetypes and large number of selectable special moves.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Zzzz where is Wario

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Honestly they could ditch a bunch of characters and stick EVERYONE from Kid Icarus Uprising in there, and the new Smash would only benefit from it.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Did you guys just see Bill Trinen in smash? Mii character look really diverse. He had a tron suit!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They're talking a lot more in detail about the figurines now, not that I can make head or tail of it without sound. It looks like they're kind of their own minigame, which I guess I support. It means I don't have to buy them :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Two new Smash characters and I barely care for either of them. Between that and the "SUMMER" release date of October, i'm disappointed.

Edit: Also, gently caress that NFC Samus figure. Stop using Other M design...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Referencing the the Chaos Kin saga like it wasn't no thang. :allears:

• Locked thread