Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Accidentally, my lineup is pretty balanced for handedness

Lefties: Dee Gordon, Scooter Gennett
Switch: Carlos Beltran, Yasmani Grandal
Right: Jose Abreu, Yoenis Cespedes, Andrew McCutchen

but I have 4 righties in my rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

yeah I have 4 righties and 4 lefties in my lineup, and 2 and 2 in my rotation, need to add one in the bullpen tho!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE RED MENACE posted:

gently caress you stole my punto :(

If it makes you feel better he would have been my pick (hopefully) at 6 as well so there's that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is eight picks a new record? I feel like it's a new record.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
I was really hoping I could get Venters to be my closer. drat.

e: If we're talking handedness, I've got 3 righties, 2 switch hitters, and 4 lefties in my lineup, and my rotation is 2 lefties and 3 righties. Given that I didn't consider handedness at all, that really worked out pretty well.

Screen Door Slams fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 11, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Icephoenix: I admire how good your bullpen is. It'll have to be I guess given how you have SP4 and SP5 yet to fill and your SP1-3 all average slightly less than 6IP/G.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I'm gobsmacked MAG went here. Is this an OOTP thing? Does this injured guy who's thrown less than ten innings professionally roll really well or something?

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

The Merry Marauder posted:

I'm gobsmacked MAG went here. Is this an OOTP thing? Does this injured guy who's thrown less than ten innings professionally roll really well or something?

It depends a lot on projections, and OOTP tends to like prospects.

Oh, and for the record, whoever said in the google thing that my team's bad? I've run it in OOTP against the rest of the modern ML, and it's usually around 90-95 wins and the worst it ever did was the second wild card slot.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Screen Door Slams posted:

It depends a lot on projections, and OOTP tends to like prospects.

I know they use PECOTA, but BP doesn't even project him. Go figure.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I got a DH/trade bait.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Well, that was quite a pick there.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

OOTP projects MAG as being pretty good right out of the gate. Not sure why but I needed a SP and there's basically nobody else left.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Lineup complete, I think I've got a reasonable offense with a real good infield defense.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 11, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

I got a DH/trade bait.

I disagree

Oh, and for the record, whoever said in the google thing that my team's bad? I've run it in OOTP against the rest of the modern ML, and it's usually around 90-95 wins and the worst it ever did was the second wild card slot.

I'm not sure how much you can trust those though, since there are probably several (or more) teams that are worse than even the worst team from here.

Pander posted:

Icephoenix: I admire how good your bullpen is. It'll have to be I guess given how you have SP4 and SP5 yet to fill and your SP1-3 all average slightly less than 6IP/G.

:angel:

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
The White Sox are essentially a minor league team, you can't much worse than that.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Rotation done, most of the lineup done, and still no goddamn clue how good my team's going to be. Hoping for either good or trainwreck, because mediocre is just boring for everyone involved. Time to start praying that those kids get good rolls.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure how much you can trust those though, since there are probably several (or more) teams that are worse than even the worst team from here.

I think that works the other way too - there are probably several teams that are better than the best teams here.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I feel like the only owner who hasn't gambled on a kid yet to have a cup of coffee.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I think that works the other way too - there are probably several teams that are better than the best teams here.

I dunno. It's hard to tell given how real teams have salary issues and injury contingencies. I think the average team here will be a good deal better than the average MLB team based on those two factors alone, let alone incompetent GMs/managers, and the fact we have blank slates and plenty of info.

I think we'll have a team or two that will be conclusively better than any MLB team. The Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, and maybe Tigers are the only teams on paper that would seem to stand a chance.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Please tell me OOTP is kind to Ogando's stamina considering he started 18 games last season.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
goddamn it, i was hoping ogando would fall to me.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
can I email someone both my draft picks? I gotta leave straight from work to drive 5 hours tomorrow doubtful I'll be able to check in. This is for Cleveland.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Popete posted:

can I email someone both my draft picks? I gotta leave straight from work to drive 5 hours tomorrow doubtful I'll be able to check in. This is for Cleveland.

I'm not up for a long time, so feel free to send them my way.

dspkevinanderson at gmail dot com

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Pander posted:

I feel like the only owner who hasn't gambled on a kid yet to have a cup of coffee.

I havn't either, the closest being Wong I suppose.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I think there's a pretty big difference between some of the prospects who have been picked. Miguel Sano is a lot different than Joc Pederson and Francisco Lindor, as the latter two will most likely be called up this year or even might have been playing already if a veteran wasn't blocking the position they play

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tatankatonk posted:

I think there's a pretty big difference between some of the prospects who have been picked. Miguel Sano is a lot different than Joc Pederson and Francisco Lindor, as the latter two will most likely be called up this year or even might have been playing already if a veteran wasn't blocking the position they play

Miguel Sano would have been called up around now at the latest.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm not up for a long time, so feel free to send them my way.

dspkevinanderson at gmail dot com

Thanks a lot, sent you an email.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pecota did project Sano for a .270 true average (which is above average) in 95 PA. In terms of an OOTP sim, there's a chance he could improve over the course of the season. It projected Pederson and Lindor would be much worse at the plate.

Looking at Javier Baez, who had a similar K rate to Sano last season in AA and got off to a slow start in AAA because of it, I don't know if Sano would be ready at this point. Sano is a much more disciplined hitter but, at the same time, he only hit .236 in half a season at AA last year.

THE RED MENACE posted:

Please tell me OOTP is kind to Ogando's stamina considering he started 18 games last season.

I don't know what IcePhoenix's game says but it looks like he'll be ok even though he's below average for a starter and his change-up looks below average but serviceable.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 11, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bunch of old fogies hating on Team Youth because it reminds them of their imminent death

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just a reminder to everyone that the pick clock is two hours now.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

tadashi posted:

Pecota did project Sano for a .270 true average (which is above average) in 95 PA. In terms of an OOTP sim, there's a chance he could improve over the course of the season. It projected Pederson and Lindor would be much worse at the plate.

I just looked up Sano's ZIPS projection and it has him with a .227 average, 30 home runs, and 35% strikeouts. That's some vintage Mark Reynolds poo poo, except with fewer walks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like at this point I'm going to have to include a Miguel Sano Watch with every update once we get to simming. Which will hopefully be by July.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What's the PECOTA and ZIPS for Kris Bryant?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
If the pick clock gets to SF before 2PM PST today, just go past me. I won't have internet that doesn't block SA until after that time.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Harlock posted:

What's the PECOTA and ZIPS for Kris Bryant?

0.229/0.274/0.404 in 250 PA for Bryant. I can't find ZiPS for him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

whoever had the idea to put the deadline for the next pick in the doc, I like that idea keep doing it everyone.

mynameisjohn please use the timg tags on images that big jesus christ

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'd kept wondering if I should take John Danks as a potential replacement 5th starter in case Floyd sucked. Was surprised he kept falling, most of his problems have been injury-related. If Johan Santana is worth a flier, then Danks...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

my rotation is now complete:

Yovani Gallado
Johan Santana
Tim Lincecum
Drew Smyly
John Danks

IcePhoenix posted:

whoever had the idea to put the deadline for the next pick in the doc, I like that idea keep doing it everyone.

mynameisjohn please use the timg tags on images that big jesus christ
that was fast...i changed it like...immediately lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just really fortunte timing, I think. When I initially checked the topic you hadn't posted yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Popete only sent me two people on his list (one of whom was Soria) so if it gets back to Cleveland before he gets back, he told me to just have OOTP autopick.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 11, 2014

• Locked thread