Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Honestly the only thing that looked over powered to me was ZSS's final smash. Battlefield favored the hell out of ZSS in that match-up and Hungrybox still forced it to go into sudden death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
ZSS isnt overpowered, a super short ranged character like Kirby did beat her 1 on 1. But nintendo aint bout dat life and ruined it with Sudden death rules.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ZSS looks legit fun as hell, I'm surprised after how boring she was in Brawl (and sorta lukewarm in P:M). That zoning was super smart, really good use of the platforms and her moves, even ones not performed with a forward+B input. Little Mac also seems like a contender, which is good because new Bowser doesn't really catch my attention like he did before. Good poo poo, wanna play this game.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Also I'm pretty sure prog almost mentioned Project M during the match on Pilotwings.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chaltab posted:

Also I'm pretty sure prog almost mentioned Project M during the match on Pilotwings.

Yeah that was funny as hell, everyone watching with me just exploded into laughter when he was like "Melee, Brawl, and P-other games" or whatever.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

There's basically nobody left to announce that would be big enough to not feel like a letdown with the energy of the end of that tournament anyway. It's also possible they had a character or two lined up to announce if the right character won, and they didn't. Say, announcing Chrom if Marth won or something.

Mewtwo is the only character they could've revealed at the end of the tournament that would've matched the hype probably. I was pretty sure that's what was gonna happen, but now that it didn't I'm thinking Mewtwo is still gone

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Countblanc posted:

even ones not performed with a forward+B input

lol

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Chaltab posted:

Yeah he stopped himself, like he was supposed to not say it, which is weird because at least one of the invitational contenders has only ever played Project M and is only known from that scene.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Yeah he stopped himself, like he was supposed to not say it, which is weird because at least one of the invitational contenders has only ever played Project M and is only known from that scene.
He probably didn't want to give off the impression Project M is officially endorsed. That's a fast way to get that mod in hot water.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Probably just playing it safe since I imagine he wants to come back if they ever do another. :v:

Speaking of which, what happened to the third commentator? He just kinda disappeared early on.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I also liked that they honestly didn't recognize some items that were in Brawl.

*Pitfall spawns* WHAT IS THAT STRANGE BALL WITH THE EXCLAMATION MARK???

*Pikachu gets the Smash Ball* IS THAT SUPER SONIC???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DrPaper posted:

I think that's Peachyhime who only really plays P:M, and iirc the "player bio" on the site for her just didn't list any smash game at all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really hope they let you customize the gently caress out of your Mii Fighter. Like we've seen there's a cowboy outfit for the gunner, but I hope they let you mix and match stuff and change their weapon (purely for esthetic reasons) and also add special effects to your attacks, like instead of shooting a blue energy ball it's green or orange or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

I really hope they let you customize the gently caress out of your Mii Fighter. Like we've seen there's a cowboy outfit for the gunner, but I hope they let you mix and match stuff and change their weapon (purely for esthetic reasons) and also add special effects to your attacks, like instead of shooting a blue energy ball it's green or orange or something.

Maybe you'll be able to wear the hats you get from the streetpass games!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Macaluso posted:

That'd be interesting, since I've got a Metroid hat on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Macaluso posted:

Oh gently caress yes.
Also let you customize your sword make it a light saber or a glorious katana or a baseball bat. Just go all out Nintendo. Just go all out.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Oh gently caress yes.
Also let you customize your sword make it a light saber or a glorious katana or a baseball bat. Just go all out Nintendo. Just go all out.
I hope I can smack people around with Sock Em Boppers on my hands.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Super Smash Bros. - 3DS 10/3, Wii U in Winter (yes, you're in it)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Super Smash Bros. - 3DS 10/3, Wii U in Winter (yes, you're in it)

Super Smash Bros. - 3DS 10/3, Wii U in Winter (yes, Abraham Lincoln is in it)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I bet you anything that sperglord ZSS player is going to masturbate SO hard to Samus when he gets home

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Silento posted:

Super Smash Bros. - 3DS 10/3, Wii U in Winter (yes, Abraham Lincoln is in it)

Super Smash Bros. - 3DS 10/3, Wii U in Winter (yes, Weedlord Bonerhitler is in it)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still waiting for that confirmation on a fully playable Reggie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pacman revealed. Zzzzz

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

PAC loving MAN

PAC MAN

PAC MAN

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Apparently Pac Man just got revealed.

E; Beaten I guess

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
(yes, Pac-Man is in it)

Ugh I don't give a flying gently caress about Pac-Man

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Pac-Man owns.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
where?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Too bad, he's in, deal with it, Pac-man reigns supreme.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR GAME AND WATCH IS BACK!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
That poo poo Scarfman pulled on the Pilotwings stage was straightup infuriating

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Pac Man, Mr. Game & Watch is back.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I guess Nintendo is gonna tweet updates on @NintendoAmerica so here.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica

And here's another liveblog if anyone cares or can't access Twitter.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/37684/super-smash-bros-developer-discussion-live-blog

Pac-man is 8-bit, thank loving God.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Where's everyone seeing this?
EDIT: Nevermind!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm finding it hard to get a good handle on what the situation was with Mega Man at that tournament. Maybe Hugs just couldn't use him well (he is a weird one to play after all), or maybe he's genuinely just not very strong, but he really felt like he didn't have a lot of proper power on his hands.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Where are these guys being revealed?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Welp, looks like the leak was right. Here I come, Chorus dudes!

Sounds like his final smash is 8-bit pacman, but he's normally Pacman World Pacman.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cleretic posted:

I'm finding it hard to get a good handle on what the situation was with Mega Man at that tournament. Maybe Hugs just couldn't use him well (he is a weird one to play after all), or maybe he's genuinely just not very strong, but he really felt like he didn't have a lot of proper power on his hands.

To me it looked like the guy just wasn't good with Mega Man. It looked like he could be really awesome in better hands

Cicadas! posted:

Welp, looks like the leak was right. Here I come, Chorus dudes!

Sounds like his final smash is 8-bit pacman, but he's normally Pacman World Pacman.

Not a single character on that list is interesting. That'd be a shame if the rest of that leak turned out to be true

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Where are these guys being revealed?

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/37684/super-smash-bros-developer-discussion-live-blog?altcast_code=a1a7985cbd

Man am I glad Game and Watch is back. I was worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Why was this not revealed at the tournament?

• Locked thread