Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
The terrible person inside me wanted to see a star-spangled Wahoo. Just to drive home how lovely our racist rear end logo is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

The terrible person inside me wanted to see a star-spangled Wahoo. Just to drive home how lovely our racist rear end logo is.

They've done it in the past.

Do the Blackhawks get flak for their logo? I don't really follow the NHL enough to know.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tanner Scheppers has made his triumphant return to the Rangers DL today with his second round of elbow inflammation this season. Gotta be TJS time soon, doesn't it?

He didn't even last a week :smith:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Do the Blackhawks get flak for their logo? I don't really follow the NHL enough to know.

As I understand it, since the Blackhawks logo is basically "dude who is a Blackhawk" and not "goofy rear end caricature of a race" they get by with far less criticism.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

So Wainwright flew back to St. Louis to get an MRI on his elbow. They said it was not related to the tommy john ligament and resembled more of "tennis elbow."

gently caress.

That's a good thing. Tennis elbow is just an inflamed tendon (and sometimes inflamed fascia around the forearm muscles) and can be healed by rest, ice, and anti-inflammatories. I've had tennis elbow a couple times as a result of sports activities and it's cleared up just fine with a couple weeks of rest. Recovery can be sped up with a cortisol injection or other steroid, but I have no idea how circus-like MLB is about TUEs.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Tanner Scheppers has made his triumphant return to the Rangers DL today with his second round of elbow inflammation this season. Gotta be TJS time soon, doesn't it?

He didn't even last a week :smith:

Speculation is that he's done for the season.

:rip: should just be :rangers: at this point.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

MLB has a pretty good Vine today.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

IcePhoenix posted:

I watched the Cespedes throw again and started thinking of other awesome throws and then I remembered this one and actually found it

http://m.mlb.com/video/?content_id=16865121

:allears:

Better version of that vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8soVwBW30

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

They should because the Fighting Sioux logo got a ton of flak for being racist, causing the NCAA to kill it (not even getting into the debate, every side had a fair point and it got beaten to death)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Explosionface posted:

As I understand it, since the Blackhawks logo is basically "dude who is a Blackhawk" and not "goofy rear end caricature of a race" they get by with far less criticism.

I believe they were named after a native american war chief named "Black Hawk," although the logo really has nothing to do with him or his resemblance.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Explosionface posted:

More or less, although Thom P Tiers is right that Chief Black Hawk was an actual existing political and military leader. The team skates by since their name and logo aren't outright slurs, and they maintain some sort of relationship with the AIC. However, I think the consensus is that their name/logo could be better and I think it would probably be desirable if the Sauk were given some sort of effective control with respect to the team's logo.

But I guess all this is for another topic in another subforum.

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
The Red Sox signed Andres Torres to a minor league deal today, which would not be notable news except for the fact that he would be a significant improvement over most of their current outfield, which is incredibly pathetic.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

bluh posted:

The Red Sox signed Andres Torres to a minor league deal today, which would not be notable news except for the fact that he would be a significant improvement over most of their current outfield, which is incredibly pathetic.

Andres Torres owns though.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Waino's MRI revealed no structural damage

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Does anyone have a link to the video where Ichiro's homer off of Rivera causes the apocalypse?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Hand Knit posted:

More or less, although Thom P Tiers is right that Chief Black Hawk was an actual existing political and military leader. The team skates by since their name and logo aren't outright slurs, and they maintain some sort of relationship with the AIC. However, I think the consensus is that their name/logo could be better and I think it would probably be desirable if the Sauk were given some sort of effective control with respect to the team's logo.

But I guess all this is for another topic in another subforum.

But they are not even named after the tribe, they are named after an Army Group. The logo could use a change though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Andres Torres kicks rear end and has an 80 outfit tool.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

purkey posted:

Does anyone have a link to the video where Ichiro's homer off of Rivera causes the apocalypse?

Here ya go, I've got it in my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O71h2sG3lz8

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

purkey posted:

I've posted it so many times, yet it never, ever gets old.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can confidently say the Tigers will not be in first place around 2 weeks time

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harlock posted:

I can confidently say the Tigers will not be in first place around 2 weeks time

Yup. They're absolutely terrible.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Wilson Ramos is on the DL again :sigh:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

kensei posted:

I've posted it so many times, yet it never, ever gets old.

Any time I see that HR and Rivera isn't obliterated, I am disappointed.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Tyler Matzek went out and pitched 7 innings and allowed 2 runs and no walks in his first MLB start :neckbeard:

Carlos Gonzalez has twenty stitches in his index finger from his surgery, they will be removed in two weeks.

quote:

Docs showed #Rockies Carlos Gonzalez the growth in his tumor that was removed from his index finger, said at first it "looked like a Cheeto, because I eat too many Cheetos." Also, "maybe a shrimp". "Something creepy."

:barf: :barf:

OH DEAR GOD.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 12, 2014

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/oh-crime/2014/06/11/banned-dodger-fan-arrested-reds-stadium/10339251/

quote:

Sexton has a reputation for doing odd things and being a fan of the Dodgers, who played the Reds at Tuesday's game, especially former left-handed relief pitcher Joe Beimel, now with the Seattle Mariners. Sexton is a Beimel fan who posted several YouTube videos of his adoration for the reliever.
One video, showing a man believed to be Sexton wearing a Dodger T-shirt and hat and working out by placing four children in a wagon and trying to pull them up a steep hill as well as using an ax to chop down a very thin tree. It ends with the man holding up a Beimel jersey and yelling, "Go Beimel."

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Yup. They're absolutely terrible.

Hey man, the Tigers have the only positive run differential in the AL Central. Until they lose a game by 2 runs at least.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Originally thought that was about Richie Sexon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Politicalrancor posted:

Originally thought that was about Richie Sexon.

I might consider paying to see a video of giant rear end richie sexson trying to chop down a tiny tree with an axe

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

will_colorado posted:

:barf: :barf:

OH DEAR GOD.

The doctor said it was a solid mass like a tumor, but that it "had tentacles."

What the gently caress man. What the gently caress is growing inside Cargo's finger.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/51231442/v33645015/oaklaa-cespedes-makes-great-throw-to-nab-pujols

Yoen-is at it again

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I went to this game and as soon as he rounded first and Cespedes let the ball get by him I told my friend "Yoenis is going to get him at third" AND THEN IT HAPPENED

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 12, 2014

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
He's doing this on purpose now.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
His nonchalance in fielding is loving hilarious. He's totally baiting runners into taking a gamble.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rosenthal says the Giants may try to trade for a second baseman. Brandon Hicks was looking like a nice find off the scrap heap for a minute, but lately he's turned back into the guy he was in the minors: hits a dinger occasionally but not much else, and he strikes out a ton. Are there any decent 2B who might be available at the deadline? Cause I think the Giants should upgrade if they can.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

The Pussy Boss posted:

Rosenthal says the Giants may try to trade for a second baseman. Brandon Hicks was looking like a nice find off the scrap heap for a minute, but lately he's turned back into the guy he was in the minors: hits a dinger occasionally but not much else, and he strikes out a ton. Are there any decent 2B who might be available at the deadline? Cause I think the Giants should upgrade if they can.

Ben Zobrist might be available considering that this is a lost season and he's gone after 2015, but I doubt it as the best thing the rays can really do right now is finish respectably this year and take another crack at it with largely the same team next season, which is a strategy the FO seems pretty adamant about sticking to.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Maybe Utley or Zobrist, especially with the way the Rays have completely fallen apart this season.

edit: yeah, what they said

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Thanks

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Maybe the Giants can trade for Marco Scutaro

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Giants are going to take Samardzija and Darwin Barney. They will then win another WS. I will be okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
Between Cespedes and Puig we're getting an absolute clinic this year on why arm is a separate tool not lumped in with the rest of a player's defensive package. Good god these "great plays"

• Locked thread