Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Really stuck here guys, I can't mine sulfur in the nether, I have an Alumite pick and yet nothing I can do mines that fucker.

I even tried a terrain smasher and that won't even harvest them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Hagop posted:

Well I can't d/l YogComplete right now but try the setup I did in full in a new world. Cheat everything in, if that still doesn't work your modpack might have an old or other wise busted version of Mek.

Yeah, I just tried it in a new world. Still doesn't work. Other Mek machines are just fine with itemducts, I can't even get other Mek machines to dump into the osmium compressor. How strange.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Really stuck here guys, I can't mine sulfur in the nether, I have an Alumite pick and yet nothing I can do mines that fucker.

For sulfur specifically, you can pulverize blaze rods and get sulfur 50% of the time. You do have an auto-spawner and a blaze in a safari net, right?

For mining it from the nether, you need to use your alumite pick to mine ardite, then make an ardite pickaxe to mine cobalt, then alloy the cobalt and ardite into manyulln (or however it's spelled,) which will finally allow you to mine nether sulfur.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I just tried it in a new world. Still doesn't work. Other Mek machines are just fine with itemducts, I can't even get other Mek machines to dump into the osmium compressor. How strange.

Unless your on a server I would say try updating the packs Mek to the latest version of Mek.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

For sulfur specifically, you can pulverize blaze rods and get sulfur 50% of the time. You do have an auto-spawner and a blaze in a safari net, right?

For mining it from the nether, you need to use your alumite pick to mine ardite, then make an ardite pickaxe to mine cobalt, then alloy the cobalt and ardite into manyulln (or however it's spelled,) which will finally allow you to mine nether sulfur.

Wow that's a lot of bullshit, not got far enough for the autospawner stuff just yet either :(

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

AceClown posted:

Alumite->Mine Ardite.
Make Ardite Pick->Mine Cobalt.
Make Manyullyn Pick->Mine Sulfur

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Wow that's a lot of bullshit, not got far enough for the autospawner stuff just yet either :(

Yeah -- the nether is also loving dangerous. I'm thankful for the flasks of invisibility and flight that I got in a reward bag or from a normal quest reward.

Work on the autospawner and the mob tower you need to fuel it, in my opinion -- the amount of resources that come in just from the mob drops are worth it alone, but being able to autospawn blazes and endermen makes things so much easier.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

mechaet posted:

Alumite->Mine Ardite.
Make Ardite Pick->Mine Cobalt.
Make Manyullyn Pick->Mine Sulfur

I've definitely mined Sulfur with a cobalt pick. I don't think Mayullyn is required.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Yeah -- the nether is also loving dangerous. I'm thankful for the flasks of invisibility and flight that I got in a reward bag or from a normal quest reward.

Work on the autospawner and the mob tower you need to fuel it, in my opinion -- the amount of resources that come in just from the mob drops are worth it alone, but being able to autospawn blazes and endermen makes things so much easier.

You know I never had issues with the nether aside from the one "Holy poo poo those hellfish are all Infernal" :supaburn: initial encounter. After that I resolved to just mine surface ores that weren't nether quartz and never saw anything beyond a couple imps.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Ak Gara posted:

Is it possible to delete your characters inventory?

I've done that and it still crashes.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Carados posted:

I've done that and it still crashes.

You could try loading the world in MCedit to remove the offending blocks, or just remove the mod causing the issue to have all of that mod's blocks/items replaced with air, then readd it.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

McFrugal posted:

Industrial apiaries are your friend. Build lifespan upgrades and put four in an apiary to turn queens back into princesses quickly so you can keep upgrading the bee. If you need multiple princesses, don't wait for the random princesses from breeding- just upgrade more bees from the base types.
To be honest, I'm long past giving a poo poo. The breeding tree to make a Quantum bee (the first of four!) was 5+ layers deep and requires multiple prerequisite bee types in multiple branches. I'd have to sit and wait for my industrial apiary to make princesses from the queens spit out by my advanced mutatron. I don't have a lot of the base types because my entire stock of bees was from quest rewards. How are you supposed to get them, anyway? I wasn't too clear on that - do artificial hives in the correct conditions morph into the different hive types? Well whatever, I don't really care anymore.

It's minecraft, not stare-at-a-block-for-two-hours-craft. I like building and engineering stuff, not spending hours standing in one place tedium. Especially when you stick a queen in and then start to take a heart of damage per second. Or explosions, that was a fun one. Plus, there are no good chests that sort bees by type, even when I want to use the clunky 'what makes what' interface. The apieriest's chest and the indexer suck. gently caress you, forestry. Why can't you be more like Applied Energistics?

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 10, 2014

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Bhodi posted:

It's minecraft, not stare-at-a-block-for-two-hours-craft. I like building and engineering stuff, not spending hours standing in one place tedium. Especially when you stick a queen in and then start to take a heart of damage per second. Or explosions, that was a fun one. Plus, there are no good chests that sort bees by type, even when I want to use the clunky 'what makes what' interface. The apieriest's chest and the indexer suck. gently caress you, forestry. Why can't you be more like Applied Energistics?

I think we have already discussed this to death, to sum it up: "Because gently caress you! That's why!".

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Is ME covered cable able to be colored?

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Contra Duck posted:

I just updated agrarian skies from 2.1.6 to 2.1.8 and my high oven no longer smelts ore gravel/sand/dust. Anyone know how to fix that?

I've done some playing with it, even going so far as creating a whole new high oven, and it seems that the high oven only processes dusts now. Gravel and sand ores sit there untouched while the charcoal burns. Has a config been changed in 2.1.8? If so is there any way I can set it back to how it used to be because my automated high oven is real cool and I don't want to replace it with a sad pile of furnaces.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Tinker's Steelworks is a pile of poo poo.

That's 1800 buckets I can't access because the deep tank decided to just stop existing outside of the GUI.

Edit: aaaaand done.

In my opinion, the most time-consuming quests were of course the cobble and dirt quests. It's probably best to start up like 300 extruders asap, and get TWO sapling-producing harvesters running alongside like 8 leaf producers. You'd need like 200 barrels to keep up with that, of course. An ender quarry is a good idea too, but even that doesn't produce dirt very quickly. That's probably just best used for the chance of coming across iridium. If you do want to collect the dirt left behind, right-click with a bound shovel. Be sure to set up a magic mirror that tosses items onto a Transition Plane so you can send back the dirt easily through a hand mirror. Also bring along a void sigil, because killing all that dirt will reveal lava source blocks which can be inconvenient.

Interestingly, the drone quest does not take that much time compared to the cobble and dirt quests. Just make a ton of lifespan upgrades, have shorter/shortest lifespan bees genetically altered to breed 4 drones, and either toss the products away or pick a breed that has useful products (like auric bees- you'll need 32k gold if you want to do the magnet quest). While the bees breed drones they will also produce princesses, and you can just continue to expand your drone production apiaries via the free queens. Be sure to use pristine stock or else you'll need to put in a genetic stabilizer upgrade to keep your positive genes from decaying back to baseline.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 11, 2014

Heffer
May 1, 2003

There;s no quests related to it, but I've wanted to dabble in Mariculture's jewelry. It looks like you need to invest heavily in fish breeding, and fish are basically just soggy bees, so maybe not.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Minecraft Modding: Fish are basically just soggy bees

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Hahaha all that bitching I did about Sulfur and it turns out you can get a bunch by pulverising coal...

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
MarionR's cool house on the Never Stop Toasting Diet server. I really need to learn how not to live in a square box.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
That's some fancy stuff there.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Some RIGHT fancy stuff. I like the bridge with stairs in that last picture. The garden isn't my thing though.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
You guys continue to amaze me on that server. Just when I think we've seen all the cool builds there can be, someone posts another set of photos that proves me wrong.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

AceClown posted:

Hahaha all that bitching I did about Sulfur and it turns out you can get a bunch by pulverising coal...

Another bit of AS trivia that would have saved me so much time: a Builder's Wand is just a stick surrounded by diamonds.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Will someone please tell me why my enderman autospawner isn't working?

http://imgur.com/a/lvUKL

Pic 1 & 2 show that the spawner has both power and mob essence

3 is where the grinder is (I need to add conveyors, I know)

4 is the overall setup

I've been dicking about and I just don't get it, when I made it first I accidently made it 5x5 and they were spawning outside so I rebuilt it and now nothing? It has a reusable safari net and I've tried both exact copy on and off but nothing?

There's no errant redstone signals causing any problems either, I just don't get it...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Will someone please tell me why my enderman autospawner isn't working?

http://imgur.com/a/lvUKL

Pic 1 & 2 show that the spawner has both power and mob essence

3 is where the grinder is (I need to add conveyors, I know)

4 is the overall setup

I've been dicking about and I just don't get it, when I made it first I accidently made it 5x5 and they were spawning outside so I rebuilt it and now nothing? It has a reusable safari net and I've tried both exact copy on and off but nothing?

There's no errant redstone signals causing any problems either, I just don't get it...

The autospawner actually needs to be inside of the cage. It spawns monsters on the same y-level as itself, and if there are any blocks in the way (such as the ceiling yours has right above it,) it won't spawn anything.

(I ran into this exact problem in a slightly different way before. :haw:)

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

The autospawner actually needs to be inside of the cage. It spawns monsters on the same y-level as itself, and if there are any blocks in the way (such as the ceiling yours has right above it,) it won't spawn anything.

Well that's sucky because now I have to have my essence pipe showing...

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

AceClown posted:

microblocks work to cover ducts from ThermalExp

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

AceClown posted:

Use a single tesseract, on its own network, to supply just power and mob essence to spawners and put the tesseract under the Spawner.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Glory of Arioch posted:

From what I've read it's actually on the same level as well as one level above and below. So it looks like they can put the spawner where the glass is in the floor and still have it function. I've begun retrofitting my mobkilling room in this manner and it appears to work fine.

Unrelated to the spawner itself but for the price of two iron blocks you could replace those eight tanks with a single drum and double your mob essence capacity!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Holy poo poo that looks amazing. What texture pack are you using?

Also does anyone have any tips on mass power generation? I've got a 3x3 Railcraft steam boiler running off a sustainable tree farm right now. It's been pretty good for local stuff but I've got so many machines running now that it can barely generate enough steam on it's own. Are there any better/more compact options out there?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
BigReactors. It's pretty much the end-all be-all for extreme power needs.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Holy poo poo that looks amazing. What texture pack are you using?

Also does anyone have any tips on mass power generation? I've got a 3x3 Railcraft steam boiler running off a sustainable tree farm right now. It's been pretty good for local stuff but I've got so many machines running now that it can barely generate enough steam on it's own. Are there any better/more compact options out there?

I don't play much anymore, but feel free to pop by /home Gerdalti and take the elevator all the way down. Bottom 2 floors are my reactor and turbines. My turbines generate 20k (I think) RF a tick and my fuel burn is crazy low.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Sage Grimm posted:

BigReactors. It's pretty much the end-all be-all for extreme power needs.

Can I just hook a railcraft boiler up to a turbine or will that not be enough steam/work at all?

Edit: I guess it will. I need to start researching stuff like this more often.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 12, 2014

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

MarionR has the classiest build on the server, for real. My favorite thing about the place is how she has all her technology tucked away in corners and closets. A good example of that is the jukebox and record player in the corner of the cyan room there.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
I think I might try starting over - the server crashes too often for me, so I guess I'll try singleplayer... since the server's dead enough that I might as well just be playing singleplayer anyway.

Does Agrarian Skies have any compatability issues with Carpenter's Blocks or Chisel? I kind of want to try farting around with them after seeing those pictures.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Pablo and I got kind of burnt out on the server before we could start making something pretty. I at least had my builder program get the tower up to cloud level.

I'm trying the yogscast complete pack now to see some of the other crazy stuff out there. Can anybody comment on some of the maybe neat/niche things you can do with packs like gendustry or mariculture? I am wondering about early-game ways to start hoarding ender pearls. That is, before setting up an MFR farm for it--especially since you can't get up an autospawner.

I had set up a smeltery like I normally do, but I've realized now that you can melt cobblestone to get seared bricks, and that the mariculture furnace would give a fairly-early 2x yield. Lava can be such a bitch to deal with early on.

I had it install ex nihilo too and turned on automation, so I'm sifting some gravel for giggles, but I don't know what I think of that when playing a game where there is actual ground to mine (rather than a skyblock).

The voxel mapping mod made finding diamonds really easy because it exposed all the nearby lava caverns at Y=12. I also don't know how much I like that, but that's only because I don't have my own idea implemented of using dousing rods and stethoscopes or something to find stuff at lower levels in a fun, but challenging way.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've been playing a lot of 7 Days to Die lately and I've been wondering if there are any mods for Minecraft which would add similar mechanics in regard to faster, more dangerous enemies and enemies which are able to gradually destroy blocks. I've been enjoying the challenge of building a base that can survive a nighttime onslaught and I'd love a way to incorporate that into Minecraft along with a of the great complexity mods allow. I always felt a big weakness of Minecraft was that it was way to easy to become 100% safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
In Agrarian Skies, is there a liquid that does not cause Endermen to teleport away? I've retrofitted my Mobdrop tower to have an autospawner at the bottom, but that means I can no longer use clouds as a breakfall as they occlude most of the spawning area. I sure as hell am not going to shorten the tower after all the trouble I went through hiding pipes for the geyser movement system so any ideas are appreciated. Currently I've a staggering of trapdoors throughout the column but it's not working terribly well :/

• Locked thread