Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I think I'm missing something. Even if it is a Star of David, how does simply having one on screen makes it anti-Semitic?

quote:

The futuristic cartoon shows the world of sport being taken over by an evil conglomerate that clones existing soccer stars, but whereas the original stars are all colorful people who take risks in the way they play, their clones are all gray and take no risks at all.

The conglomerate's symbol, worn by the clones, is the pattern formed by the hexagonal patches that are typical of soccer balls – but is also very similar to a Star of David. In one case, at least, it is worn by a basketball player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc

MK Shimon Ohayon (Yisrael Beiteinu), chairman of the Knesset anti-Semitism panel, said, "The new anti-Semitic propaganda is very sly and transmits its anti-Semitic messages in a sophisticated way, an example of which is the Nike ad, which uses Jewish symbols in its sports merchandise to put across anti-Semitic messages.
(it's a cog)

As far as I can tell, Arutz Sheva is an Israeli equivalent of Fox.

Apparently the :siren:knockout game:siren: is antisemitic too!

exmarx fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

looks more like

to me

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4500687/flag-desecration

A good video.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Omi-Polari posted:

Counterpoint:

Yeah I dunno. Most mass shooters are gonna be white because of differences in population size. And I don't know if schizophrenia discriminates based on skin color. But I wonder why you don't see black kids in the early 20s shooting up their school when you have middle-class white kids doing it. I don't mean gang violence or anything, just indiscriminate murder-suicide killing spree.

Some say it's cause as a white dude you're more often raised to think the world owes you, you're super special and awesome, everything in the world is there just for you, you're gonna make it big any minute now, etc. so you have a higher chance of snapping in this way when things don't go the way you want them to.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Some say it's cause as a white dude you're more often raised to think the world owes you, you're super special and awesome, everything in the world is there just for you, you're gonna make it big any minute now, etc. so you have a higher chance of snapping in this way when things don't go the way you want them to.

That's what we tell white males from a young age, right? They're men so they should be better off because they're better?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Revolutions are caused by the Spirit of Liberalism, woooo! :ghost:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Neo Rasa posted:

Also prevents accidental shooting: not letting a child hold a gun.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Omi-Polari posted:

Yeah I dunno. Most mass shooters are gonna be white because of differences in population size. And I don't know if schizophrenia discriminates based on skin color. But I wonder why you don't see black kids in the early 20s shooting up their school when you have middle-class white kids doing it. I don't mean gang violence or anything, just indiscriminate murder-suicide killing spree.
"Gang-related" is media shorthand for "Black victim, black perpetrator, unworthy of coverage."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...t_american.html

:stare:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 13, 2014

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope
/\/\/\/\/\work 365, work all time, work everywhere :)

http://aje.me/1k0qlu0

This is a Fault Lines episode about the American bail system. It's really sad and hosed up.

Deleuzionist fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 13, 2014

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

I though for sure that was a parody ad, especially with that goddamn face down bed one. Turns out that is 100% legit and this is the parody:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Rasa posted:

I think that must have something to do with it. Higher rates of suicide as well. You probably have to adjust your life expectations more if you're black. One thing I notice with the mass shooters is that they appear to feel isolated, no purpose or meaning in life, filled with suburban ennui, etc. despite not facing any financial or material shortages. So I wonder if black Americans have a stronger (and healthier) sense of collective or community identity which can help ward off these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oo7wb7cw8

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Armored cavalry, from yesterday protests in Săo Paulo:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Elias_Maluco posted:

Armored cavalry, from yesterday protests in Săo Paulo:

Break out the spears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ-hPNrKdZI

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

such a punchable face

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QRdNIDytEY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Enjoy posted:

Revolutions are caused by the Spirit of Liberalism, woooo! :ghost:

What are the axes on this graph? They seem to basically measure the same thing, except the X axis takes a measurement over a longer timescale?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What are the axes on this graph? They seem to basically measure the same thing, except the X axis takes a measurement over a longer timescale?

:qq:

I want to knwo what Microsoft used as a definition of "work". Cause while I'm sure plenty of google glass wearing tech executives have probably conferences called while taking a poo poo, work is such a broad label that this feel more than a little masturbatory.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 14, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

RBC posted:

such a punchable face

That is not a nice thing to say about Salma Yaqoob.
--------------------------------------------------
|
\

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Am I the only one that wants to find an open carry group and yell 'gun' while pointing at them?

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 14, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

New Lenin Statue in Krakow

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

New Lenin Statue in Krakow

Comrade Pis.

Now not to be crude but:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Exclamation Marx posted:

Apparently the :siren:knockout game:siren: is antisemitic too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WydH3mwcrc

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Prav posted:

Comrade Pis.

Now not to be crude but:

David Cerny did it first :colbert:

Also, David Cerny owns

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Apropos of Tony Blair's whining, here's the graphic his foundation uses to explain exactly what the hell it does, which seems to be "encourage kids to play sports" but of course neoliberal demons have a hard time saying that (or anything) without lots of sexy graphics and if they did say it plainly then maybe people would start wondering exactly what good Tony Blair is for any of it, and he could be carted off to the Gemonian stairs, I mean quietly retire and leave us all alone.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 15, 2014

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

:3 petite bourgeois

Debunk fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 15, 2014

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Debunk posted:

:3 petite bourgeois

Varvara Stepanova. Designs for Sports Clothing, 1923

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Batman finally meets his match.

Metrilenkki
Aug 1, 2007

Oldskool av for lowtaxes medical fund gobbless u -fellow roamingdad
hurr durr ISIS is basically taking away freedoms that the Iraqis weren't getting to use anyway

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
is that real? The punctuation doesn't match up. "Thaghram became like sheep" has a question mark in the original Arabic.

I hope it's real and religious extremist butchers use emoji. It makes them more cuddly.

let's find more ways to make the lives of Southeast Asian domestic workers in Hong Kong miserable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Where's Ruddha

quote:

Christian’s in Brazil celebrated their March for Jesus on May 17 alongside Jesus Day, which was signed into law by President Lula in 2009. Over 300,000 attended and it was the largest public event of the year.

In response, some passionate Dragon Ball Z fans decided to spread the Gospel of Goku.

• Locked thread