Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That's in the amagi inn episode, I think? Which, fanservice aside, had some fairly funnu stuff at time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, I've not watched it, but I think any massive personality shifts can be explained as Yu switching Personas to advance that social link.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, he's pretty clearly a troll. Part of the reason I never really liked that adaptation.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Deltasquid posted:

Wait, when the hell does that happen? Or is that how the subs did the "manwhore" part?

The Amagi inn, i am watching the dub since it uses more or less the same voice actors. Also the manwhore part is in the dub as well.

Yu switches between troll or serious depending on the episode. Also They seem to remove all the red herrings for Adachi, and make him even more of a bumbling detective.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

UberJumper posted:

The Amagi inn, i am watching the dub since it uses more or less the same voice actors. Also the manwhore part is in the dub as well.

Yu switches between troll or serious depending on the episode. Also They seem to remove all the red herrings for Adachi, and make him even more of a bumbling detective.

The fact that he and Yu share the same VA makes things a little jarring going from the game to the anime, as Adachi's voice gets whinier and Yu, well.. Yu I guess? It's interesting, though, that the P3 Protag and Pharos/Ryoji also shared a VA.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Neurion posted:

It's interesting, though, that the P3 Protag and Pharos/Ryoji also shared a VA.

I thought that was kind of the point because Pharos was, in essence, a part of MC and Ryoji mirrored that part. At least that's what I took away from P3. The VA thing could have just been a coincidence but I doubt it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Color Printer posted:

I thought that was kind of the point because Pharos was, in essence, a part of MC and Ryoji mirrored that part. At least that's what I took away from P3. The VA thing could have just been a coincidence but I doubt it.

Yuri Lowenthal will be talking to himself a lot in these Persona crossover games

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Color Printer posted:

It's almost certainly so, considering they also share the same Japanese VA.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What are you guys talking about? The Persona 3 MC was voiced by Laura Bailey. :colbert:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Wiseblood posted:

What are you guys talking about? The Persona 3 MC was voiced by Laura Bailey. :colbert:

This guy knows what's up.

I still miss her. Hopefully they do some sort of persona Q rerelease with her as an extra character. I'd buy a 3DS just for that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Considering that PQ is explicitly non-canon, I'm actually kind of surprised she wasn't in it as an unlockable or something.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
So, I go to the store, buy a used Vita and a copy of Persona 4 Golden, get home, and it turns out I can't play because I don't have a memory card. There are three types of cards, which one do I need?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hahah I made that same mistake. You want the biggest one you can afford.

edit: 32gb is the biggest you can buy at retail I think, the 64gb would require you to order it online.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 14, 2014

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

So probably a 4GB card. But there's also something called a PS Vita card that isn't the same as a memory card, which is why I'm confused.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

edit: 32gb is the biggest you can buy at retail I think, the 64gb would require you to order it online.

Yeah, you can get them for as low as $108 on eBay. Pricey, but there's no other choice. And you could kinda think of the price as being offset by the free PS+ games you get.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So probably a 4GB card. But there's also something called a PS Vita card that isn't the same as a memory card, which is why I'm confused.

You want a memory card.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

You want a memory card.

Good to know! Thanks!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
That is one problem the Vita 2000 solves - it has a gig of internal storage (which can only be used if you don't have a memory card inserted because of course), so for the type of people who aren't into downloading games, that's perfect.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Considering that PQ is explicitly non-canon, I'm actually kind of surprised she wasn't in it as an unlockable or something.

Persona Q has a DLC store that was added in a v1.1 update. Give it some time.

Also, the game is never stated to not be canon. In fact PQ has a character that has the power to erase memories. so they don't have to worry about fixing that plot hole.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Wow, Chie's new voice is way more tolerable when I'm listening to it through earbuds.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sony really should have just done away with those lovely speakers and thrown some headphones in the Vita box.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Really Pants posted:

Sony really should have just done away with those lovely speakers and thrown some headphones in the Vita box.

It's in the PSVita Official Starter Kit with Memory Card
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/accessories/browse/psv-starter-kit.html

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You've still got those speakers just sitting there all tiny and useless, like a vestigial tail that turns Erin Fitzgerald and Laura Bailey's voices into angry crow screeching.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair that can be them anyways depending on who they're voicing.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Wow, Chie's new voice is way more tolerable when I'm listening to it through earbuds.

Honestly i just think Chie's voice got way more tolerable, after the first in game month. Even during my second play through i really disliked her voice in the first few scenes with her.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm rather enjoying my run of New Game+ since I imported my Lv 80 Kaguya with Megidolaon so anytime I see those Golden Hand enemies, its party time XP wise, I've just rescued Naoto and I'm in the Lv 78 range and have just under 2 Million Yen, all thanks to the Gold/XP sliders!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"ow I landed on my wallet!"

Maybe you should stop wearing chain wallets Yosuke!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I had a chain wallet in high school and it had a banzai bill on it and it was badass, so shut the gently caress up. :colbert:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish it had a japanese dub though.

Also Chie is annoying.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I never bother with the Japanese dubs in games personally since I'm much happier listening to it in my own native tongue than reading nothing but subtitles, however I don't mind if the game is Japanese only like the Yakuza games but if it had an English option, I'd go for it.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 16, 2014

Griptape
Feb 22, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wish it had a japanese dub though.

No, you really don't. Chie gets better, and nothing is worth hearing Teddie's Japanese VA.

Nothing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
After 2 hours of pressing X through cutscenes with no end in sight, I'm curious if I accidentally bought the anime.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Unfortunately it's going to be like that until the 18th of April, apart from some tutorial combat.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm really hoping 5 has good pacing throughout, but I don't know if JRPGs can do that anymore. When it comes to P4, definitely stick with it though, the beginning is a slog but once you get to the first dungeon the game stops dragging like that for the rest of it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Honestly i just think Chie's voice got way more tolerable, after the first in game month. Even during my second play through i really disliked her voice in the first few scenes with her.

Yeah, my main gripe with her voice was that the actress seemed to be overacting a lot, but I'm halfway through May now and she's settled down.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

My gripe with Chie's new voice is that it sounds like nails on chalkboard.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

My gripe with old Chie is that she's a bad voice actress. :smugdog:

It seems to be down to which you played first for most people.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I downed the Nice Guy, and allowed Chie to use Galactic Punt. She targeted Shadow Kanji, and for just a moment, I thought the battle would end there.

But it only did about 120 damage instead.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Manatee Cannon posted:

My gripe with old Chie is that she's a bad voice actress. :smugdog:

It seems to be down to which you played first for most people.

I played both versions on release. New Chie is better.

E: I guess you did say most people. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I downed the Nice Guy, and allowed Chie to use Galactic Punt. She targeted Shadow Kanji, and for just a moment, I thought the battle would end there.

But it only did about 120 damage instead.

Huh, I had no idea that could even happen. Thought she only went for enemies if she was able to knock them out of the arena, i.e. they weren't a boss or mini-boss. So, are there other attacks that would normally knock enemies away that have some kind of damage value anyway just in case?

• Locked thread