Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ordered a shot of Fireball and got a shot of cinnamon schnapps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Neither one of those is an acceptable thing to drink. Try ordering some whiskey, then if you get something that isn't whiskey, scream incoherently at the bartender and hurl the glass at his head.

hth.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lately I have been drinking more and more rye. Always was a bourbon fan, so it is a natural step.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I really like the rye Jim Bean for some reason...

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I've been drinking a lot of Bourbon recently.

Mostly because I can't afford a bottle of decent scotch every couple days.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Neither one of those is an acceptable thing to drink. Try ordering some whiskey, then if you get something that isn't whiskey, scream incoherently at the bartender and hurl the glass at his head.
fireball is whiskey :ssh:

Jack Daniels. That is all.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

Lately I have been drinking more and more rye. Always was a bourbon fan, so it is a natural step.

Try Bulleit Rye it's the best rye whiskey for the money out there imo.

Fireball is crap.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I've been drinking a lot of Bourbon recently.

Mostly because I can't afford a bottle of decent scotch every couple days.

Friar Zucchini posted:

fireball is whiskey :ssh:

Jack Daniels. That is all.

Sure, if you like drinking the bottom of an ash tray. gently caress Jack, it's charcoal-filtered piss.

Get yourself a bottle of Evan Williams. Yes, it's cheap, but that's by choice, not because of quality issues.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jack is way too harsh if you're used to drinking smooth whiskey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a bottle of Triple Crown whiskey at the liquor store for $7 yesterday. For $7 it's loving incredible.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Sure, if you like drinking the bottom of an ash tray. gently caress Jack, it's charcoal-filtered piss.

Get yourself a bottle of Evan Williams. Yes, it's cheap, but that's by choice, not because of quality issues.

Fireball is adulterated whiskey :crossarms: You wouldn't buy a gallon of gasoline, piss in it, and try to sell it to me as gas, would you?

Evan William's Single Barrel is absolutely the best Bourbon for the price, bar none. has the smoothness, character and flavor of a Bourbon twice its price.

Although, if I could only drink one whiskey for the rest of my life, I think it'd be Woodford Reserve. MMMMMmmmmmm

E: Black Barrel or 18 year would probably be my second choice, FWIW VVVVVVVVV

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 14, 2014

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jameson 18 year for me. Although Woodford Reserve's pretty fine.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Evan Williams is still one of my personal favorites. It's cheap but not at all bad. Of course, I also enjoy Wild Turkey 101 straight so there may possibly be something wrong with me :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Liquid Communism posted:

Jameson 18 year for me. Although Woodford Reserve's pretty fine.

I liked jameson 18 slightly more than macallan 18 when I had them back to back, but it wasn't so much that the macallan was harsh or worse or anything, just a slightly different flavour. They are both about $45 a bottle though so you're not getting a deal with the jameson or anything. I've seen the bullett for $25 and really liked the rye and the bourbon. I'm more of a beer guy though.

jamal fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 14, 2014

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Last night I went to town on the gin.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I like whisk(e)y a lot but when it comes to brown liquor I think I'm a brandy man. Sorry AI.

Still not as good as a solid beer though.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Did Sockington fall off the face of the planet?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

blk posted:

Did Sockington fall off the face of the planet?

He's alive but busy with stuff not cars. He did clean his garage and you can see a floor now.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Motronic posted:

There's a strong correlation between that behavior and having two X chromosomes. Understanding there is nothing I can do to change that I've learned to deal with it without getting all balled up.
http://youtu.be/-4EDhdAHrOg

I just can't put up with it. I'm a loving engineer, if you put problems in front of me, I will try to fix them. If you want to just sit there having a whinge while going round in an endless circle, do it elsewhere.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Cat Terrist posted:

Oooooooh I remember that Lunchbox. That was a deathtrap if I recall, yes?

It was a delight! The bloke who bought it said he was going to part it out and if I had the room I would have too. Rats eaten the ht leads, so much rust I not poo poo had a tetanus poo poo. Beautiful car and made me some money. :)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys. GUYS. Spintires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDDt-iSZDY

Spintires.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, I really want to pick it up on Steam but i'm having a hard time justifying the price right now :sigh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

New driver started at work last week. I've worked with him on day shifts; tonight was my first time working with him after dark.

Noticed him pulling into work with his parking lights and DRLs. Asked him why he was using DRLs at night, he said those were the low beams. I asked him to show me how he turns on the high beams.

Coworker: *reaches forward and turns on headlight switch*
Me: .... those are your low beams
Coworker: Then how do I turn on the high beams? I'm pretty sure those are the high beams. :colbert:
Me: *reaches in and pulls the turn signal stalk backwards until it clicks*
Coworker: ............ :doh:

To be fair, it's a 95 S-10, which runs the headlights at reduced brightness whenever it's running/parking brake off (5 speed manual), and there's a separate button on the dash to turn on the headlights (it pushes the parking light switch at the same time if they're not already on), in its wonderfully 80s-90s GM interior way. And he's only owned it about 2 weeks.

Still gave me a good laugh though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, I really want to pick it up on Steam but i'm having a hard time justifying the price right now :sigh:
Steam summer sale starts on the 19th I believe, I'm hoping it pops up cheap. Otherwise see if hiddenmovement in SA mart can get it for cheaper - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599565

24 Hours of Le Mans starts in about 4 hours. Pretty sure I'll actually be able to watch the whole thing on TV if I want to...yay Europe. I should be out exploring the area and stuff but I really just want to find a place with a comfortable chair that serves food so I can sit and watch the race all weekend.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Jack is way too harsh if you're used to drinking smooth whiskey.

Man I used to be able to drink a lot of Jack when I was 18 or 19. I had a little bottle on a plane the other day and it just tasted awful. I can't believe I used to like it. Haha.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Jack is excellent as a mixer, but there's so many other cheaper whiskies you can mix what's the point?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamnit OnStar, stop being so bipolar. Bipolar is my job, damnit. :argh:

Gave them my new debit card #... three times in the past 2 weeks. They refunded, for some unknown reason, a full month of full retail rates to the new card. Then turned around and charged it for the same amount. Then started calling me wanting to get a new form of payment today, and swore up and down my $12.99/mo rate expired in December (they last charged me in April for $12.99 + tax). Then they say that they can't give that rate anymore; their best is $14.99, with only a tiny discount to pay by the year. They had the correct debit card on file when I talked to them today, so that's a bit of progress.

I guess the lesson is don't try to change the payment method when you're on a retention plan. It took about 20 minutes on the phone to get it straightened out (... thought it was fixed, twice over), but I got a decent credit this time around. And they actually had the correct card # on file when I talked to them this time.

Nobody I've talked to (live chat, email, and phone calls) can tell me why I got an unexplained refund, it doesn't show up in any records they could find.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 14, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is it an actual refund, or one of those things where they authorized the amount, then they dropped the authorization, but the timestamps were messed up so the bank showed it as a refund then a charge? I've had that happen with smaller credit unions, and USAA once. Also, do you actually use it enough to justify the 13/month? Just curious.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It was an actual refund; it's been showing for almost a week now. The charge showed up Thursday morning; you may notice it showed up as "debit card refund" in the screen shot too. There was never an authorization for that amount, and the $21.60 isn't even the plan I was supposed to be on. They swear up and down that the retention plan I was on expired on Dec 31st, but they've charged me for four months (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr) at that rate. They never charged me for May. :iiam:

USAA is really good about showing authorizations, as well as showing anticipated completed charges long before any other bank/CU I've used - to the point that if I run my card as credit at a gas pump, they show the full amount within a few minutes of leaving the gas station. My credit union takes a few days to show the complete charge (they just show the $1 preauth until then). Obviously, if I run a card as debit, the charge shows up quickly, but I've never seen a bank or CU that showed credit-based gas pump charges the same day.

It gets a discount on my insurance, though since I switched to USAA for my insurance, the discount is quite a bit less than it was with Amica. I want to say it's taking about $30 per 6 months off, whereas with Amica, it was over $100/year (USAA does 6 month policies, Amica did 12 month).

When I talked to OnStar today (well, yesterday now), they could see the charge, but had no record of the refund. I talked to them a few days ago about the refund, and they couldn't explain it then either. They have records of the charge though.

I'm on the base OnStar plan, so it's accident reporting, car unlocking, stolen car tracking only. I've used the car unlock a couple of times (found a neat bug in the BCM that causes the car to lock the moment you close the doors in a very particular set of circumstances.. and both times I found it, the keys were sitting in the car - I keep a spare in my wallet now), I keep it 99% for the accident response, and only because I spend several hours a day in the car.

Once I'm out of delivery, I'll likely drop it.

tl;dr: no.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 14, 2014

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Yesterday I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo and managed to take some utter potato-quality photos.

Traffic was poo poo so I didn't get to gently caress around with him much but I did pull back to open up a slot, and when he opened it up the sound it made was so goddamn beautiful. :swoon:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

N is for Nipples posted:

Yesterday I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo and managed to take some utter potato-quality photos.

Traffic was poo poo so I didn't get to gently caress around with him much but I did pull back to open up a slot, and when he opened it up the sound it made was so goddamn beautiful I could have cried. :3::fh:

Lambo encounters are always glorious; that V10 is magic. :allears:

One time, though, I got to hear a Murcielago open the taps on the V12... :syoon:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

leica posted:

Try Bulleit Rye it's the best rye whiskey for the money out there imo.

Fireball is crap.

My favorite is Templeton. Fireball is great for when I want to do shots and get as drunk as possible.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Don't know how long this will last or how good it is but Amazon has a Bluetooth OBD2 for $13.25

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products...ASIN=B005NLQAHS

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I can't loving win. I paid some computer store 80 bucks to solder a jack and now I discover why my laptop smelled faintly of electrical burning.

As soon as I plug in the power adapter the light goes off so something is shorting out. Not sure if its a faulty jack on the board itself now.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

Don't know how long this will last or how good it is but Amazon has a Bluetooth OBD2 for $13.25

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products...ASIN=B005NLQAHS

I have one of the little blue ones. It does what it says on the tin, refresh rate isn't great and I've heard there's a pretty high DOA rate on them but for the price you can't beat 'em.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Let me tell you guys about $0.50/can beer....

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Crustashio posted:

I can't loving win. I paid some computer store 80 bucks to solder a jack and now I discover why my laptop smelled faintly of electrical burning.

As soon as I plug in the power adapter the light goes off so something is shorting out. Not sure if its a faulty jack on the board itself now.

The circuit is probably opening, not shorting. Biiiig difference.

And that is some fuckawful soldering. I would be ashamed to put my name to that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fucknag posted:

Lambo encounters are always glorious; that V10 is magic. :allears:

One time, though, I got to hear a Murcielago open the taps on the V12... :syoon:

Other day on the beach saw a guy taking a picture of a parked R8, and just being a smart rear end I said "Why are you taking a picture of that, it's just a glorified Volkswagen".

He turned and looked at me all pissed of and said "It's my car!" :colbert:

Oops :3:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

Other day on the beach saw a guy taking a picture of a parked R8, and just being a smart rear end I said "Why are you taking a picture of that, it's just a glorified Volkswagen".

:colbert: Heeeeeyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

leica posted:

Audi did most of the engineering on the VAG franken lambo :colbert:

• Locked thread