Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

EDIT: Oops

I skipped around a bit in it and never noticed those spoilers, I'll remove it.

Fat_Cow fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think this video would be more suited for the manga thread, it shows characters that haven't appeared yet.

Cool video though.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 13, 2014

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The sheer amount of times you see "punch" just reading about JoJo just makes me desperately wish Brock Sampson was a Joestar.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pootybutt posted:

The sheer amount of times you see "punch" just reading about JoJo just makes me desperately wish Brock Sampson was a Joestar.

Jonas Venture probably was a JoJo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Gyges posted:

Jonas Venture probably was a JoJo.

A Jojo's villain, maybe.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Venturo Aureo.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Fat_Cow posted:

EDIT: Oops

I skipped around a bit in it and never noticed those spoilers, I'll remove it.

Yeah, throw it up in the manga thread. I don't mind a bit of out of context spoilers.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

There are precious few adaptations in any form of media that capture the spirit of the original as perfectly as the JoJo anime. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear to god the music budget on this show must be small or something because they used Kakyoin's theme like three times. Good episode, but the pacing started to weird me out at points especially immediately after the second break.

~Chumimin~

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Beef Waifu posted:

I swear to god the music budget on this show must be small or something because they used Kakyoin's theme like three times. Good episode, but the pacing started to weird me out at points especially immediately after the second break.

~Chumimin~
That's fine with me since it's my favorite song in Part 3. I also like that creepy music that vaguely sounds like the Metroid theme.

I really loved this episode, they definitely did the Hanged Man arc justice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Great episode, also chumimin.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Polnareff and Kakyoin make a great duo. :allears:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Waifu posted:

~Chumimin~

Funny, I sperged over the last episode being too rapidly paced but I found this episode pretty much perfect. I prefer a slower pace overall watching anythign animated.

I also realized why I love Part 3 so much: the dialogue writing. Pretty much everything coming out of Polnareff's mouth is golden in its pomposity. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm pretty sure Kakyoin is confirmed as the smartest member of the group at this point.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't wait for next week. The Empress was one of my favorite stand battles in part 3.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zeruel posted:

Ooh, we posting JoJo-related youtubes now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90
Linked for uhh... :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwv_2OKxZr8

[e] So did anyone else in the destiny alpha instantly decide make a Jojo character when they saw lip color options?

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 13, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I can't wait for next week. The Empress was one of my favorite stand battles in part 3.

I don't think you need to spoiler tag that. The name of the Stand shows up in the episode title.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

~Chumimin~

I wonder if it's because they went from Part 2 to Part 3 so quickly without knowing they'd have to get 3's soundtrack ready.

I dunno if there's much else in the way of numbers for other music producers, but if I recall Yoko Kanno (who puts a lot of effort in) commented she gets something like a 3-ish year notice to start working on a soundtrack.

Of course there's literally nothing stopping them from just using licensed music in Japan given Warner Bros is producing this sooo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

when I get home tonight I am going put my feet up, turn on CR and watch the next episode of Jos.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Great, fantastic episode. Polnareff is still low on my 'List of JoJo characters I like', but he's alright.

:stare: What the gently caress was that at the end though...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Reading a text description of what happens in this episode (specifically:)what Hanged Man could do and how they beat it was what got me into the series years ago. I was looking forward to this episode. Though my favorite depiction of Hanged Man remains the creepy-as-poo poo Capcom version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlt2XXkPAbE&t=123s

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Forgot all the awesome buddy cop poo poo that goes on between kakyoin and polnareff

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think this is probably the moment I really started appreciating Stardust Crusaders' supporting characters.

Especially Kakyoin. Who else would forgive someone by breaking their nose? :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

good episode but...
Why didn't polnareff just stab J.Geil with silver chariot when all those beggars were around him? and why didn't jotaro just have star platinum grab hol horse when he was running away?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1. I'm pretty sure J. Geil was outside of his range.

2. Because Hol Horse is a master of the Joestar Family Technique.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

Forgot all the awesome buddy cop poo poo that goes on between kakyoin and polnareff

Yup, Lovers is one of my favorite fights for that very reason.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So what property of Hanged Man lets J Geil reflect rainwater around him?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

1. I'm pretty sure J. Geil was outside of his range.

What about Kakyoin?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fear of hurting bystanders.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It can just do that. Or maybe it like bounces from raindrop to raindrop and somehow moves them away from J Geil.

It's never explained! Araki forgets things sometimes. And by sometimes I mean all the time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

good episode but...
Why didn't polnareff just stab J.Geil with silver chariot when all those beggars were around him? and why didn't jotaro just have star platinum grab hol horse when he was running away?

The answer to these questions is: those stands have pitiful range. You should be asking: why didn't Kakyoin do both of those actions?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

The answer is Hol Horse is really good at running away. He's a professional coward.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Monaghan posted:

Why didn't polnareff just stab J.Geil with silver chariot when all those beggars were around him?

I suspect that The Hanged Man is actually a lot more deadly than he's usually used for. Think about it: he's just light inside of a mirror. He doesn't need to "walk" up to the person in the mirror, he should be able to just appear next to them and then slit their throat. But no, J. Geil is a guy who likes to provoke his prey and mess with them - notice he just straight-up insta-stabbed Avdol, whereas with Polnareff he just walked towards menacingly and placed his hand on his shoulder. When he had Kakyoin and Polnareff surrounded by beggars he just slashed at them a whole bunch to slowly kill them. I suspect if he saw them actually going for him he would have just instantly killed the both of them. He didn't notice the coin trick until it was too late.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
As is a 'staple' of the series (and really 'anything involving crazy deadlines and pressure on creators') Araki comes up with an idea earlier or a placeholder for something, and then retcons it when he thinks of something else to do in place of it. Such as nothing significant to J Geil's stand regarding rain not falling on him. Also his silhouette looking totally different as Araki hadn't decided what the bad guy was eventually going to look like. I'm actually kind of happy that they're keeping things so pure in the anime adaption that way though because it will keep people new to the series guessing a great deal.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Monaghan posted:

good episode but...

Because it's JoJos. Get used to it and just have fun with how things eventually end up working out. There are worse examples of things of this sort later on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Hanged Man bouncing between drops of water, I suppose.

And yes, J. Geil's desire to taunt Polnareff is ultimately what screws him over. All things considered, he could've just put the Hanged Man into Polnareff's eyes in the bathroom, killed the entire group the next time he looked at them, and THEN teased Polnareff which would lead to him getting killed by him and Hol Horse.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It's basically yet another example of bad guys being overly confident and getting killed for it.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

ninjewtsu posted:

What about Kakyoin?
Because J. Geil told him to wait so he could call over beggars, and I guess Kakyoin skipped breakfast that morning.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What would happen if the Hanged Man went into one of Illuso's mirrors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Then it would have been a spoiler.

• Locked thread