Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
My new four-game orcs have made 8 touchdowns total, 7 of those with bobs (twice in the rain). To be fair, I've had some pretty good luck.

Bobs with Block are sooo sweeet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Multi-block / Jump-Up Assassins are hilarious. I built a gimmick team that pushed all the SPP onto 2 assassins, and it was fun to play. With a JU assassin, you can stab from the ground, and with multi-block, you can stab multiple people in one go.

It's not a good strategy by any means, but it is very fun!

This LP is making me want to start playing BB again... Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I think I'll need to bring my Elfy Chaos out of retirement to play Gnu though - the thread needs to see a +AG extra arm Mino all star receiver in action (plus the Mino TD dance is amazing!).

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

Multi-block / Jump-Up Assassins are hilarious. I built a gimmick team that pushed all the SPP onto 2 assassins, and it was fun to play. With a JU assassin, you can stab from the ground, and with multi-block, you can stab multiple people in one go.

It's not a good strategy by any means, but it is very fun!

This LP is making me want to start playing BB again... Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I think I'll need to bring my Elfy Chaos out of retirement to play Gnu though - the thread needs to see a +AG extra arm Mino all star receiver in action (plus the Mino TD dance is amazing!).

Yesss. Chaos the way it's meant to be!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 6:siren:

Somehow I manage to gently caress up the numbering on these matches this early in the commentary!

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Shatterdome Jaeger Squad (Cuwi, Lizardmen)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I would say I prefer the player names to the position names.

They should be turned on when you are dealing with teams that have players that look the same (cough Humans cough), but when you are dealing with teams whose players are really obvious we don't need it.

EDIT: Ra's al also keeps tripping over his own feet when it is really important that he doesn't. He must have a birth defect

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 15, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gnu is so bad at counting. It explains a lot.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Injured Vet teams playing rookie teams is great. It's even better when you're a ~1200 TV team where all of that is the one super-star that survived the genocide.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Cyanide bloodbowl has a bug where player voices get switched around sometimes. I think the wolf has zombie or flesh golem voice when he toucheddown.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Lizardmen are a real cool team, no matter what I am playing as its always cool to play against lizards.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Veloxyll posted:

Gnu is so bad at counting. It explains a lot.

My shameful secret........

My only defense is that counting is for nerds

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GNU Order posted:

My shameful secret........

My only defense is that counting is for nerds

You play a dice game about orcs elves playing football.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

All these Cheering Fans rolls must be killing you

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I haven't watched the latest video but I've got high hopes.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm not very good at planning out what I do ahead of time. I move dudes too quickly based on spur of the moment "wow I really want to punch that guy" decisions and then everything ends horribly. I blitzed Santos because I wasn't thinking "I can get like a million skinks on Ra's", I was thinking "gently caress he's gonna score AGAIN, man I really want to punch that ghoul."

And for what it's worth, I always play with player names on instead of positions. I know which of my skinks is the +MA rear end in a top hat (I have a second, better, lizard team) based on his name. "Skink" doesn't tell me which one he is at a glance.

You also totally pronounced Cuwi correctly. I don't know why that gives some people trouble, but you guys got it right.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

CongoJack posted:

Lizardmen are a real cool team, no matter what I am playing as its always cool to play against lizards.

I think part of it is that Lizardmen feel inherently fair. Their strong points and weak points are both really obvious and things you can leverage for and against your own team. It's not like playing Orcs or Amazons or Dwarves where the whole team has a single gimmick like being super-unhurtable or dodgey or Hitler. There's players you can hurt, players who can't dodge to save their life, ect.

Mostly though, they're just a really cool team.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

CongoJack posted:

I like them because you're essentially playing football with dinosaurs.

Petterwass
Oct 2, 2012

madmac posted:

I think part of it is that Lizardmen feel inherently fair. Their strong points and weak points are both really obvious and things you can leverage for and against your own team. It's not like playing Orcs or Amazons or Dwarves where the whole team has a single gimmick like being super-unhurtable or dodgey or Hitler. There's players you can hurt, players who can't dodge to save their life, ect.

Mostly though, they're just a really cool team.

I think that's it. Half of the team are small, quick, slippery bastards that die easily, half are big stompy bastards that'll try and kill you, and then there's the massive Godzilla-like beast of a Kroxigor lurking around, waiting to smash heads.

Obvious at a glance, even if you know next to nothing about Blood Bowl, you know which ones to roughly which things. I think Lizardmen is a really well done team from that visual standpoint.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Kill all skinks. Especially the stat up ones.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Lizards are amazing, they really are.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Lizards are fun, but I seem to never have a problem against them. The whole team is full of achilles heels, but the worst of all is that their ball handlers are stunties.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Playing as early TV Lizards is suffering :negative:

(But they are cool dudes)

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean
Goddamn. That is the worst ghoul.

(Also never trust GFIs. They will murder your best players.)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Iretep posted:

Kill all skinks. Especially the stat up ones.

Luquos posted:

You aren't allowed to kill stat up skinks, they all die horribly to gfis.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Lizards are really cool and fun to play as and against. I wish this was a lizard LP!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Luquos posted:

R.I.P. Johnny "Bag of Hammers", taken before his time.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of lizards. They gently caress with a lot of basic axioms of the game--tackle zones and assists matter less when there are so many unassisted 2dbs available for both teams, you've got really good stunty players, and most of the team doesn't care about agility anyhow. I get why they're popular, but personally I enjoy the ST3/AG3 type match ups the best.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Shazzner posted:

Lizards are really cool and fun to play as and against. I wish this was a lizard LP!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention in the video that this was very nearly a lizard LP

It's also worth mentioning that Lizards are very much a team who thrive in this open league format, versus say the more traditional closed league where you may play 10 or 12 matches total. This also makes their strengths and weakness much more apparent. A perfectly build lizard team is possibly the scariest team to play against because they have so much potential

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

madmac posted:

It feels like most teams could benefit from being more like Lizardmen. Teams where each positional is only differentiated by one or two basic starting skills are pretty boring. For teams that must be like that at least make them like Dark Elves where they get some pretty crazy starting skills.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 15, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Sindai posted:

It feels like most teams could benefit from being more like Lizardmen. Teams where each positional is only differentiated by one or two basic starting skills are pretty boring. For teams that must be like that at least make them like Dark Elves where they get some pretty crazy starting skills.

Which is why I'm so sad cyanide have put in Khorne instead of Slann. Slann has such a great mix of hilarious bullshit and crippling weaknesses. For those who don't know, Slann are a bunch of frog people who all start with leap and very long legs, which means they can all leap as easily as they can dodge. Most of them have agi 3, and the only re-rolls that can affect leap are team rerolls and Pro. Yes, it is perfectly legitimate to get Pro on Slaan linemen.

The rest of their positionals only have skills related to jumping. The blizers have Diving Tackle and Jump Up, and the catchers have Diving Catch. Slann have no passing access, but if you get doubles on a lineman, it is actually reasonable to get Hail Marry Pass and throw down the entire field to your catchers. Also fun fact: You can leap during Pass Block. Pass Block frogs destroy elf passing game so hard.

In conclusion: Instead of giving us the Best Team, Cyanide gave a pile of poo poo with a Bloodthurster on top.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Which is why I'm so sad cyanide have put in Khorne instead of Slann. Slann has such a great mix of hilarious bullshit and crippling weaknesses. For those who don't know, Slann are a bunch of frog people who all start with leap and very long legs, which means they can all leap as easily as they can dodge. Most of them have agi 3, and the only re-rolls that can affect leap are team rerolls and Pro. Yes, it is perfectly legitimate to get Pro on Slaan linemen.

The rest of their positionals only have skills related to jumping. The blizers have Diving Tackle and Jump Up, and the catchers have Diving Catch. Slann have no passing access, but if you get doubles on a lineman, it is actually reasonable to get Hail Marry Pass and throw down the entire field to your catchers. Also fun fact: You can leap during Pass Block. Pass Block frogs destroy elf passing game so hard.

In conclusion: Instead of giving us the Best Team, Cyanide gave a pile of poo poo with a Bloodthurster on top.

I would play nothing but Slaan. Leap is the most fun skill.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

apostateCourier posted:

I would play nothing but Slaan. Leap is the most fun skill.

The only reason I didn't do exactly that in fumbbl, is because back when I played there Pass Block and Hail Mary Pass weren't implemented. Actually, you could still select them from the skill up menu, they just did nothing in game, and wasted a skill up. This was only mentioned in the long list of release notes for the client on their forum. When I mentioned there that this was a blatant newbie trap and kind of bad game design, I got chewed out for daring to criticize the devs who selflessly programmed the client in their free time. Stuff like that was one of the reasons I stopped playing fumbbl.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.

Pavlov posted:

The only reason I didn't do exactly that in fumbbl, is because back when I played there Pass Block and Hail Mary Pass weren't implemented. Actually, you could still select them from the skill up menu, they just did nothing in game, and wasted a skill up. This was only mentioned in the long list of release notes for the client on their forum. When I mentioned there that this was a blatant newbie trap and kind of bad game design, I got chewed out for daring to criticize the devs who selflessly programmed the client in their free time. Stuff like that was one of the reasons I stopped playing fumbbl.

I'd say the key to a joyous fumbbl experience is not visiting the forums, ever. There are some genuinely brilliant and very pleasant people doing lots of hard work to keep it going and keep everybody happy. There are also some people who boggle the loving mind, and not in a good way.

The fumbbl client is out of beta now, though, which seems to imply all the skills are in. Bombers certainly are and I've seen hail mary pass working. I'd rate it above cyanide even just for the pathfinding, let alone everything else. Graphics are a down point, though the simple 2d gives you an excellent overview of the pitch.

Also regarding frogs, it bears mentioning that very long legs improve your int rolls as well as chances to not land on one's face. Which means a +AG catcher intercepts on a 3+ roll.

Edit - Release notes say all skills are in:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22352

Duuk fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 15, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Well, if all the skills are in now, I guess it's time to try frogs again.

Edit:

Does not bode well.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 15, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ignore, play frogs. Pay a fortune for awful blitzers and love it. They are the best worst players.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Frogs are so bad.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I am 99% sure Passblock and HMP work in FumBBL now.

Plus the developer randomly added card functionality just cause he could.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8857344
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8808081
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8808083

I continue my tradition of Statmonsters.

Frogs are amazing. 420 Leap ev'ry day. There is something delightfully disgusting about going "eh, I'll just leap over this guy with a lineman. Only a 3+!"

uPen posted:

Frogs are so bad.

I don't know why you'd say a team with 110k blitzers who don't start with block are a bad team! They have a Kroxigor and everything

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

uPen posted:

Frogs are so bad.

But they hurt so good!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=683274

This is my favourite frog team. They are random rolled.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I haven't named a bloodbowl team in a while, but I think I still got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Pavlov posted:

I haven't named a bloodbowl team in a while, but I think I still got it.

:getin:

• Locked thread