Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wore my zari-gani Wondershot shirt to work today and a dude asked me if it was a band.

Now I want it to be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Light Gun Man posted:

I wore my zari-gani Wondershot shirt to work today and a dude asked me if it was a band.

Now I want it to be one.

The same thing happened to me too, actually, when I bought something at a store. Except they thought it was for a band called The Wonder Years. I wanted it to look like a garage shirt, but I guess it looks more like a band shirt?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Game Center CX Box 10 was the best selling DVD/Blu-Ray in the Comedy/Variety category in the first half of 2014 on Amazon.co.jp.
http://npn.co.jp/article/detail/01651408/

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

zari-gani posted:

I wanted it to look like a garage shirt, but I guess it looks more like a band shirt?
A garage band shirt! :haw:

Encha277
May 8, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

What you didn't mention is how incredibly loving hard it is to get ahold of episodes and subs. I've been through several torrent sites, a few forums, and I've just now found the raws...blu-ray rips of the whole series, in 44 parts on free hosting sites, all rared up and listed on a completely different forum from where the subs were. A friend of mine who works in translation has related to me this is related to an amazing level of paranoia on the part of J-Drama fandom surrounding not wanting to get shut down for copyright infringement. Like, will only share files through locked invite-only livejournal communities and trying to figure out how to watermark individually downloaded files so they can track who leaked a particular copy of a video if it's shared anywhere else. loving incredible.

If anyone is looking for this and having trouble finding it, try searching for No Con Kid rather than the full name. Should be able to find the whole series without too much trouble

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I finally got to the final main challenge of RGC2 a couple days ago (work and other IRL stuff keeps me from pouring non-stop hours into it), and I finally figured out how to do Wiz-Man's level skip system based on Mighty Bomb Jack and that legendary challenge. Now, I kinda know how Arino felt when contemplating whether to warp or save. :ohdear:

Speaking of RGC2, do the daily challenges ever get hard? So far, all the ones I've done I've completed on my first or second try in what feels like less than ten minutes, and the one I got today was lasting five minutes in endless mode in Triotos, which was more boring than anything since I didn't force any pieces to drop. I do like the idea of the daily challenges, but I do wish that they were more difficult.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Obeast posted:

Speaking of RGC2, do the daily challenges ever get hard?

Yes, they get progressively harder.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://shg.sega.jp/news.html

Kibe has got a job writing a rip off of Hyperdimension Neptunia for Sega.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is the saddest thing I've read all day.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Aurain posted:

Isn't the main character of the Neptunia franchise based on a Sega console already?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Aurain posted:

http://shg.sega.jp/news.html

Segagaga: Waifu edition.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yes, they get progressively harder.

To be more specific, there's 45 different Daily Challenges. The challenge you start on is determined by which day from the 45-day list the current date lands on starting from the release date of the game, with the list resetting after all of the challenges have been used that many days later: from that point onwards, all the challenges you've beaten on the first time around become harder, mostly by increasing the number of stuff you need to do to complete the challenge successfully.

I'm not entirely sure how many times they increase in difficulty considering the fact that some of them have fixed ingame limits (score for Star Prince SA, time for Rally King EX, number of levels for GunDuel, etc), but I'm guessing there's probably 4 or 5 harder variants in total.

It also could be that there's no real limit, which doesn't matter all that much considering that you still get 20 points even if you fail a challenge as long as you tried it once and you can get the large point bonuses on your birthday as many times as you want.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 14, 2014

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

AnotherGamer posted:

To be more specific, there's 45 different Daily Challenges. The challenge you start on is determined by which day from the 45-day list the current date lands on starting from the release date of the game, with the list resetting after all of the challenges have been used that many days later: from that point onwards, all the challenges you've beaten on the first time around become harder, mostly by increasing the number of stuff you need to do to complete the challenge successfully.

I'm not entirely sure how many times they increase in difficulty considering the fact that some of them have fixed ingame limits (score for Star Prince SA, time for Rally King EX, number of levels for GunDuel, etc), but I'm guessing there's probably 4 or 5 harder variants in total.

It also could be that there's no real limit, which doesn't matter all that much considering that you still get 20 points even if you fail a challenge as long as you tried it once and you can get the large point bonuses on your birthday as many times as you want.
I see... It kinda stinks that there are only 45 challenges, but it does make sense to make them harder every time you do them. Plus, since you do one every day (unless you take the time to change the internal clock), I guess it helps keep it from quickly becoming stale. Plus, there are Arino "game/kacho on!" voice and shirt unlockables, so I guess that's a decent reason to keep playing it. :shobon:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Yeah, it would be nice if there were more challenges, but there's only so many things you can ask the player to do that you can keep making harder by telling them to do it more times, not to mention that coming up with additional programming to make the game detect the player is doing what they're supposed to in some kind of a ridiculously convoluted challenge might be more trouble than it's worth, especially if a large number of players will never end up seeing it to begin with, plus there probably wouldn't be any kind of easy alternative way to scale it up.

That, plus since they decided not to include Super Demon Returns or Triotos DX in the challenges due to their similarities to the original games and couldn't include any for Guadia Quest Saga or Ace Detective games for obvious reasons, this means there's an even 5 challenges for every possible game.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Allen Wren posted:

What you didn't mention is how incredibly loving hard it is to get ahold of episodes and subs. I've been through several torrent sites, a few forums, and I've just now found the raws...blu-ray rips of the whole series, in 44 parts on free hosting sites, all rared up and listed on a completely different forum from where the subs were. A friend of mine who works in translation has related to me this is related to an amazing level of paranoia on the part of J-Drama fandom surrounding not wanting to get shut down for copyright infringement. Like, will only share files through locked invite-only livejournal communities and trying to figure out how to watermark individually downloaded files so they can track who leaked a particular copy of a video if it's shared anywhere else. loving incredible.
I remember, many years ago, running into a situation where a show's raws were treated with a similar level of paranoia, to the point that someone who wanted to sub the show couldn't because the only people who had the footage wouldn't release it to him.

The show in question?

Hamtaro.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

FredMSloniker posted:

I remember, many years ago, running into a situation where a show's raws were treated with a similar level of paranoia, to the point that someone who wanted to sub the show couldn't because the only people who had the footage wouldn't release it to him.

The show in question?

Hamtaro.

I remember this because I wanted to do the exact same thing. The specific fans responsible for this selfish nonsense have since fallen out of the fandom, at least. Who would've thought a sugary, cutesy, "let's all get along" show would have such mean fans?

I watched the recent Gunstar Heroes episode of GCCX with my brother today. He doesn't know Japanese, but he played the game so much as a kid, he didn't need subtitles to enjoy it. It helps that this is such an awesome show. :cheeky: I also told him the patch for the 2nd DS game came out, though I'm waiting until more little things get smoothed out before I get it myself.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RabidWeasel posted:

Segagaga: Waifu edition.

Dang it now I want a Segagaga episode. Maybe a Kibe segment where he plays it a little at a time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe the GCCX2 translation team can work on Segagaga next! (won't happen)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

The same thing happened to me too, actually, when I bought something at a store. Except they thought it was for a band called The Wonder Years. I wanted it to look like a garage shirt, but I guess it looks more like a band shirt?

I almost think it looks a little like an ad for alcohol or something, with the leggy Lucca and all. Anyway it owns and it shall be my regular Friday night work shirt from now on.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

AnotherGamer posted:

Yeah, it would be nice if there were more challenges, but there's only so many things you can ask the player to do that you can keep making harder by telling them to do it more times, not to mention that coming up with additional programming to make the game detect the player is doing what they're supposed to in some kind of a ridiculously convoluted challenge might be more trouble than it's worth, especially if a large number of players will never end up seeing it to begin with, plus there probably wouldn't be any kind of easy alternative way to scale it up.

That, plus since they decided not to include Super Demon Returns or Triotos DX in the challenges due to their similarities to the original games and couldn't include any for Guadia Quest Saga or Ace Detective games for obvious reasons, this means there's an even 5 challenges for every possible game.
You have a good point, especially with the part about not every game in RGC2 is good for a daily challenge. But, to be fair, most of the games in RGC2 (aside from maybe the Arino Detective ones) would be good to do challenge runs (mostly basic stuff like using no continues, but also more game specific ones like getting every gold/yellow wand in Wiz-Man or single player/no special weapons in GunDuel). I guess I'm just being kinda picky since I'm more or less at the end of the story mode. :shobon:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
The problem with the golden wands in Wiz-Man is the fact that most of them have such ridiculously obtuse requirements that the whole process changes from a Daily Challenge to a Now-Go-Buy-A-Strategy-Guide-Because-There's-No-Way-In-Hell-Anyone's-Gonna-Figure-Out-This-poo poo-On-Their-Own-Challenge. Hell, I can't even figure out the exact requirements for the golden wand in the final level even though it's spelled out in one of the GameFan magazines and despite trying to do what it asks multiple times and only succeeding in it once. (Collect 25 crystals but not too many? What do you mean, "not too many"?)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

AnotherGamer posted:

The problem with the golden wands in Wiz-Man is the fact that most of them have such ridiculously obtuse requirements that the whole process changes from a Daily Challenge to a Now-Go-Buy-A-Strategy-Guide-Because-There's-No-Way-In-Hell-Anyone's-Gonna-Figure-Out-This-poo poo-On-Their-Own-Challenge. Hell, I can't even figure out the exact requirements for the golden wand in the final level even though it's spelled out in one of the GameFan magazines and despite trying to do what it asks multiple times and only succeeding in it once. (Collect 25 crystals but not too many? What do you mean, "not too many"?)

It means to collect exactly 25 red crystals and exactly 25 blue crystals. If you get 26 of either, you hosed up.

I never bothered to beat Wiz-Man legit. I just skipped straight to the end and then just beat that level without ever getting the golden wands (since you don't need them to kill the boss).

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

TheMcD posted:

It means to collect exactly 25 red crystals and exactly 25 blue crystals. If you get 26 of either, you hosed up.

I never bothered to beat Wiz-Man legit. I just skipped straight to the end and then just beat that level without ever getting the golden wands (since you don't need them to kill the boss).

You don't? I kept dying to that fucker and decided to come back later because I thought you couldn't harm purple enemies without the light wand.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Gyre posted:

You don't? I kept dying to that fucker and decided to come back later because I thought you couldn't harm purple enemies without the light wand.

Yeah, you normally can't kill purple enemies without the light wand, but it seems like that doesn't count for the boss at the end.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Yeah, that'd be the cherry on top of the bullshit cake if you actually needed the golden wands to be able to damage the boss, that level is enough of a difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game as it is.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Maybe the GCCX2 translation team can work on Segagaga next! (won't happen)
Segagaga already has an ongoing translation anyway. It's slow going but it's still happening.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
From Abe's Twitter. A lunch box he made for his daughter's school trip.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Gyre posted:

To be fair, I didn't even know you actually had to kill him until I beat the level without harming him. At least the game is nice enough to let you retry the level (I dunno if it counted as a death or not) rather than give you a bad ending and force you to restart the entire game. Plus, if you die after killing him, he stays dead until you get a game over.

zari-gani posted:

From Abe's Twitter. A lunch box he made for his daughter's school trip.

How fitting considering today is Father's Day... Abe should be everyone's dad. :3:

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Outta curiosity.. Are there going to be any new gccx episode translations coming out in the sorta near future? :3

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I don't know if it has already been mentioned. What is the next new episode coming this Thursday(#182)?

For those that don't know, we are working on compiling strategy guides for GCCX 2's patch website. We already have the Magical Rod list translated and hope to have a Wizman guide available soon on the website.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zeether posted:

Segagaga already has an ongoing translation anyway. It's slow going but it's still happening.

I've given up hope.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joek0 posted:

I don't know if it has already been mentioned. What is the next new episode coming this Thursday(#182)?

Tenkaichi Bushi KeruNaguuru

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Obeast posted:

Mighty Bomb Jack and that legendary challenge. Now, I kinda know how Arino felt when contemplating whether to warp or save. :ohdear:
Still my favorite saga of the show mostly in part of this feature.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
So, question.

I noticed that in Retro Gaming Challenge 2, that they call the RPG the 3rd in the series. In Retro Gaming Challenge, we played the first.

What the heck happened to the second game?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Same thing that happened to Final Fantasy?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Yeah, they probably skipped over it as a joke because they wanted a more fitting platform to do their Pokemon references on and because the second game wouldn't have had enough in the way of new features (outside of other party members, which existed in the first GQ to begin with), much like Dragon Quest didn't.

The ingame excuse is that Arino lent it to a friend who moved away and he doesn't want to get another copy because of the memories he had with the original.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The same thing that happened to Leisure Suit Larry 4.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AnotherGamer posted:

Yeah, they probably skipped over it as a joke because they wanted a more fitting platform to do their Pokemon references on and because the second game wouldn't have had enough in the way of new features (outside of other party members, which existed in the first GQ to begin with), much like Dragon Quest didn't.

The ingame excuse is that Arino lent it to a friend who moved away and he doesn't want to get another copy because of the memories he had with the original.

They could have done a parody of Final Fantasy 2 and made a terrible RPG with a nonsensical leveling system.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Random Stranger posted:

They could have done a parody of Final Fantasy 2 and made a terrible RPG with a nonsensical leveling system.

Uhhhh, good games here? Remember? That happened with the 3rd GCCX game. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

RadicalR posted:

What the heck happened to the second game?

Skipped for a joke, hell the third game actually makes references to events that presumably happened in the second game that we didn't see.