Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If Disney buys them then that means the next Kingdom Hearts game will star Darth Vader, Spider-man and Megaman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Disney won't buy them because they're done developing games.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Accordion Man posted:

Disney won't buy them because they're done developing games.

Not entirely. They're still making "Disney and Marvel Present Marvel's Super Heroes in Disney Infinity Featuring Marvel (The 2.0 Edition of Disney's Disney Infinity)" so they still have some interest, clearly.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
All I really care about is Mega Man. Maybe Nintendo will pick him up since he's a big part of the reason people are excited about Smash 4.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Doggboat posted:

P3rd was on the PSP and I think there's an HD version coming for the Vita. I think...
That idea's long since died. After the HD release and the digital thing that Japanese consumers could get, there wasn't any news of a Vita P3rd port. Then 3U/3G and all its stuff happened, now MH4 and MH4G are going on, so that's pretty much gone. I think there's maybe Frontier for Vita? But Frontier is pretty much its own entity.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Mikami doesn't work for Platinum and I wouldn't want anyone from Platinum to handle DMC anyways.

Whoops, I meant Kamiya, sorry.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Capcom's not gonna auction off their IPs anytime soon by the way. It just means that if someone was so inclined they could purchase 51% of their stock!

Plus, it's not like someone could automatically do it without jumping through a few hoops:

quote:

Despite of non-approval of Renewal of Takeover Defense at the 35th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, Capcom will continue to focus on further preserving and enhancing corporate value and common interests of its shareholders. If there is any large-scale purchaser of Capcom stock, we will react to make necessary measures within the admissible limits of applicable laws and regulations. In addition, we will react to take steps to ensure disclosure of the position of the board of directors and other information and that there is sufficient time for shareholders to examine the proposed large-scale purchase and reach a decision.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has Capcom announced any games being canceled?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I said come in! posted:

Megaman Legends 3 :downsrim:

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 18, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I said come in! posted:

Everything that you personally like or hold dear, those games will be canceled.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sony Pictures Imageworks just moved their headquarters from California to Vancouver, maybe they can buy Capcom Vancouver too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Everything that you personally like or hold dear, those games will be canceled.

That's only Street Fighter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom has to announce a game first before it can be cancelled.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Beef Waifu posted:

Capcom has to announce a game first before it can be cancelled.

Ghost Trick 2

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I said come in! posted:

That's only Street Fighter.

Due to cutbacks Street Fighter 5 will only feature 6 characters. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan and Sean from 3rd Strike. A Killer Instinct style season will be implimented in which characters like Evil Ryu and Oni will be added.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 18, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh that sounds like a solid cast to me, I dunno about you.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Beef Waifu posted:

Uh that sounds like a solid cast to me, I dunno about you.

NOT ENOUGH HALF NAKED RUSSIAN MEN WHO ARE THE PROTECTOR OF RUSSIAN SKIES!

INTERCEPTED!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Due to cutbacks Street Fighter 5 will only feature 6 characters. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan and Sean from 3rd Strike. A Killer Instinct style season will be implimented in which characters like Evil Ryu and Oni will be added.

Street Fighter IV is already like this though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Street Fighter IV is already like this though.

I don't see Sean in SF IV. :colbert:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Cancelling that would be a good thing. Ghost Trick doesn't need a sequel at all because it had a conclusive and satisfying ending. :colbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

We're four versions into Street Fighter 4 and Alex is still not in the game.

Let Capcom burn to the ground. :mad:

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Commissar Ken posted:

Honestly I would not be surprised if something like Xbone KI happened with the next Street Fighter. FTP, with Ryu as the free char.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Commissar Ken posted:

Spend 99 cents* for vanilla SFIV Sagat power boost!

*per match

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Will Capcom become the next THQ and just be ripped apart by the mob in an IP firesale? Microsoft only gets Dead Rising (to make sure DR3 never goes to the PS4) while Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Activision and Nintendo divide the spoils.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Will Capcom become the next THQ and just be ripped apart by the mob in an IP firesale? Microsoft only gets Dead Rising (to make sure DR3 never goes to the PS4) while Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Activision and Nintendo divide the spoils.

Dead Rising 3 ends the plot pretty well I'd say. No real need for a DR4 after it, or really no real way to make one.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Well their annual report showed that they're making a deece amount of money so probably not????

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Accordion Man posted:

Cancelling that would be a good thing. Ghost Trick doesn't need a sequel at all because it had a conclusive and satisfying ending. :colbert:
Ghost Trick HD

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as Monster Hunter, SF, and RE are making Capcom the dolla dollas they'll be fine.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Microsoft won't buy Capcom. They won't even let the Xbox division take a loss and sell the kinect bundle for $399.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Beef Waifu posted:

As long as Monster Hunter, SF, and RE are making Capcom the dolla dollas they'll be fine.

This is assuming that after MH in 2015 they will continue to bring the series over.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is assuming that after MH in 2015 they will continue to bring the series over.

It'll still make money in Japan by itself like it always did. Yes though, bringing the games to the west will make them more of the dollar bills.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rookersh posted:

Dead Rising 3 ends the plot pretty well I'd say. No real need for a DR4 after it, or really no real way to make one.

Who says Dead Rising needs to have a plot? Just make it like Off the Record's sandbox mode where the plot is just "Hey Frank/Chuck/Nick, here's a whole city of zombies. Have at it."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ghost Trick HD

I would be tempted to kill a man if it got us Ghost Trick HD on the Wii U.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.
I would hope Nintendo would try to keep Monster Hunter coming out on the 3DS. Even though it has a smaller fanbase in the West, the game is one of the only on 3DS (that I've seen) that has a very large amount of playtime with decent online as well (MH4 and on). I feel the 3DS is lacking in games of that sort.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Srice posted:

Well their annual report showed that they're making a deece amount of money so probably not????
Remember when gaming journalists claimed Capcom was broke, because they have $152million in the bank and everybody freaked out?
Fact checking(or even googling) and talking about Capcom are 2 opposite things.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

Megaman Legends 3 :downsrim:

The ONE series I actually kinda wanted Capcom to run into the ground, they didn't. :(

Fistful of Silence fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 18, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eh, no reason to despair. poo poo happens, life moves on, c'est la vie.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Crabtree posted:

Nope, THQ was hosed financially for years before they had their fire sale last year. Capcom is doing fine right now, they still have IPs that sell and what's really happening is whoever buys majority stock becomes a big player in the shareholder meetings (in addition to giving Capcom a capital infusion).

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

Nope, THQ was hosed financially for years before they had their fire sale last year.

Apparantly THQ just sold their very soul to the dudes who bought most of their IPs out.

Welcome to THQ 2.0

So basically whoever buys Capcom, then becomes Capcom.

Gamwhiz1 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Doggboat posted:

Remember when gaming journalists claimed Capcom was broke, because they have $152million in the bank and everybody freaked out?
Fact checking(or even googling) and talking about Capcom are 2 opposite things.

That stuff is crazy to me because financial information for publicly traded companies is freely available! It's insanely easy to get the facts directly from the source.

Gotta get those pageviews I guess.

• Locked thread