Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

So SS has a feature right now where that -300 power cosmic aura he has is removing 300 spirit from surrounding players. If this hits live for even a day I'm buying SS immediately and following people around midtown or doing endless x-def.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Eiffel On You posted:

This is a major change by the way. Coming "Friday":

R.I.P. my goal of max-spirit Iron Man. Although this technically will make him better, I'll miss the gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hitler was a better artist.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Lux Aeterna posted:

So SS has a feature right now where that -300 power cosmic aura he has is removing 300 spirit from surrounding players. If this hits live for even a day I'm buying SS immediately and following people around midtown or doing endless x-def.

Incredible, truly amazing.

Aphrodite posted:

Hitler was a better artist.

:thurman:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Lux Aeterna posted:

This game owns in ways I never thought a game could own.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lux Aeterna posted:

I'm crying. Day 1 purchase.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Irish Joe posted:

Nah man, it really is bad. Its a throwback style without any of the care or skill you might see in, say, Mike Allred's work.

This is it, the most ignorant thign I've heard about comics this week. Congratulations, you beat out the mouthbreathers I sell comics to.

David Aja is legitimately one of the greatest artists in the industry right now and without a doubt the best at laying out a page to communicate what's going on, and if you're not down with that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good artists don't work in comics. They work in the real prestige industries like video games and selling furry commissions on Deviantart.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Also, does anyone else want the new M'Kraan crystal besides IM? I don't think it competes in terms of damage with things like Gungnir/Warlock's Eye/Savage Axe, but getting a survivability bump and +200 spirit isn't insubstantial. Also the proc could help some of the more spirit-starved dudes out as it's similar to a weak river of souls/pss effect on top of the damage.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Literally The Worst posted:

This is it, the most ignorant thign I've heard about comics this week. Congratulations, you beat out the mouthbreathers I sell comics to.

David Aja is legitimately one of the greatest artists in the industry right now and without a doubt the best at laying out a page to communicate what's going on, and if you're not down with that

Could you be more specific about why you think that? :yum:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Irish Joe posted:

Nah man, it really is bad. Its a throwback style without any of the care or skill you might see in, say, Mike Allred's work.

You are an awful human being

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
What is the relationship between Capri Sun and the Silver Surfer??

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Doomsaw openly invited MH forum users to his wedding/reception.

Crazy guy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jubelio posted:

Could you be more specific about why you think that? :yum:

Because I'm gay.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

Doomsaw posted:

We have a ton of extra food and we hand picked all the music. (Bouquet Toss to the Game of Thrones intro and and Cake Cutting to the Portal 2 song).

That is gonna be a smelly wedding.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

fookolt posted:

What is the relationship between Capri Sun and the Silver Surfer??

Wild Cherry Blast.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Harlock posted:

Crazy guy.

When the priest asks for objections a thousand nerds cry out about retcon devices

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Harlock posted:

Crazy guy.

I would do this if I wasnt helping a friend move, its like 3 hours from me.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wild Cherry Blast.

Sounds like his Ultimate.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

alansmithee posted:

Also, does anyone else want the new M'Kraan crystal besides IM? I don't think it competes in terms of damage with things like Gungnir/Warlock's Eye/Savage Axe, but getting a survivability bump and +200 spirit isn't insubstantial. Also the proc could help some of the more spirit-starved dudes out as it's similar to a weak river of souls/pss effect on top of the damage.

Who else benefits from flat spirit? I'm tempted to say Cap because his sig restores a high percentage of his spirit on a long cooldown, but I'm really not coming up with anyone who particularly needs it.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

jubelio posted:

I would do this if I wasnt helping a friend move, its like 3 hours from me.

I would do this if he gave me access to the founder costumes or that loving exclusive Future Foundation Doctor Doom pet.

I want to roll with Reed and Doom SO BAD. Doom should just constantly insult Reed, no matter what's happening in game.

:negative:

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Kukash posted:

That is gonna be a smelly wedding.

Socks, sandals, and one bad rear end fedora.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It does comfort me somewhat that I will never be that goony.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

ICR I need you to message me on Steam at your earliest convenience. I would catch you in-game but I'm not going to be on until super late.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
They are working on Defender Tokens:

quote:

If you are playing on test center, please post here with the following info:

Which wave of X-Defense did you complete?

How many Defender tokens are in the final chest?

The only thing we want in this thread is that data, so we can confirm it's working perfectly.

Note:

We made the quest MUCH easier to complete and there are automatic tokens in every final chest, scaling with the wave you finished. No more randomness at all.

Thank you very much!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

All of the hero packs that steam has are 50% off at the moment.

edit:

Hawkeye pack is $5

Loki, Cable, Spiderman, Wolverine, and Gambit packs are $10

Avengers Assemble (Cap, IM, Hulk, Ms. M) and X-Force (Cable, Wolverine, DP, Colossus) packs are $30.

I am tempted to buy Hawkeye just to see how disappointing he is compared to playing Taskmaster. :v:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 19, 2014

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

All of the hero packs that steam has are 50% off at the moment.

Oh drat.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hawkeye is $4.99. Loki, Spider-Man, Cable, Wolverine, Gambit $9.99. Avengers team pack $29.99 as is X-Force. It's possible but unlikely that they'll get discounted further during the sale, Marvel Heroes isn't likely to be a daily deal since its free.

EDIT: Beaten. Interesting that they move around who is available. I remember considering Cable during a sale last year, and I did buy Black Widow and I think maybe Jean Grey the sale before that. Loki and Gambit are there but none of the other new characters are. I still owe a friend nightcrawler if he is ever added.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 19, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
50%? Steam sales are for 75% off, no thanks Gaz

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Woe upon ye who buys Hawkeye for five dollars.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's disappointing to hear that Silver Surfer apparently is so micro–heavy to play. A character like hybrid Taskmaster features about as many buttons as I care to hit; anything beyond that I just can't be bothered with. :smith:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Woe upon ye who buys Hawkeye for five dollars.

$5 for hawkeye, some costumes and an any-hero unique storage bin. :v:

Someone stop me from woeing. I like Hawkeye and I like archer dudes but I just feel that, coming off ranged Taskmaster, I'll be disappointed.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like Hawkeye, he was my first hero. I may buy that package anyways for the costumes and the stash.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

MMAgCh posted:

It's disappointing to hear that Silver Surfer apparently is so micro–heavy to play. A character like hybrid Taskmaster features about as many buttons as I care to hit; anything beyond that I just can't be bothered with. :smith:

I don't mind pressing buttons but staring at my hotkey bar waiting for Deconstruction and Reconstruction to cooldown every few seconds isn't very fun.

Tsurupettan posted:

$5 for hawkeye, some costumes and an any-hero unique storage bin. :v:

Someone stop me from woeing. I like Hawkeye and I like archer dudes but I just feel that, coming off ranged Taskmaster, I'll be disappointed.

I used to be the biggest Hawkeye poo poo-talker in the SG, then I geared him out this week. He's pretty good.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

This is the thing stopping me from getting Dr. Strange. He looks like my kind of hero in terms of the abilities he uses, but from what I have seen you need to bind extra keys and poo poo to fully utilize him and it's just too much effort. :geno:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tsurupettan posted:

This is the thing stopping me from getting Dr. Strange. He looks like my kind of hero in terms of the abilities he uses, but from what I have seen you need to bind extra keys and poo poo to fully utilize him and it's just too much effort. :geno:

At least Surfer sounds like he maybe can get by with one action bar?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Prel posted:

If you stack -cost for powers you can get really high uptime on EF (and have pretty much unlimited resource when you're doing anything else).

Yep as Prel has mentioned here the thing to do for street dwelling pretend robot nudeman is to stack up -% cost and achieve greatness.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tsurupettan posted:

You can be an effective Strange utilizing only the regular action bar. That's what I do and it works in X-Def/Terminals/Holo. I can't speak for Cosmic Terminals/Raids though.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you guys want to talk about legit bad art in comics, just look at this monstrosity of a cover.

LOOK AT IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

This is legit how I look when I play him

Dr. Steves dont look at their targets anyway.

This is actually part of the Mr. Strange manual:

jubelio fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 19, 2014

• Locked thread