Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

This ones good http://wrestlingsbest.com/collectibles/wrestuffpostcards008.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

EvanSchenck posted:

It was actually kind of a classic demonstration of why Bubba is a piece of poo poo. Casey had a lot of trouble with weight cuts throughout the season, and apparently it's been an issue for him his whole career. Anyway, going into the fight with Bubba he wasn't doing great but he still grappled the piss out of him in R1. Then in R2 his body stopped working, so he lost that one, making it a two-round draw. Casey had to forfeit on account of he was in full-blown kidney failure and could not answer the bell for the sudden victory round, and in fact he had to be carried out on a stretcher.

The important thing you should take away from this is Bubba McDaniel is such a bad fighter that he lost a round to a dying man, and is such a shameless turd that he earnestly celebrated winning the fight that way.

"I BROKE HIM :downs:"

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Twitter tells me Chael Sonnen is headlining metamoris and I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not

e: never mind, I found the grappling thread

vainman fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 21, 2014

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Keep him away from energy drinks

Didn't Gus do time for assaulting a woman? This puts him higher on the Rampage scale.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

John Mirra posted:

Didn't Gus do time for assaulting a woman? This puts him higher on the Rampage scale.

He was convicted of aggravated assault multiple times between the ages of 15 and 18, after which he started training and "turned his life around". I'm not sure where you got that he assaulted a woman; I never heard that connected to him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

He was convicted of aggravated assault multiple times between the ages of 15 and 18, after which he started training and "turned his life around". I'm not sure where you got that he assaulted a woman; I never heard that connected to him.

Maybe someone here can translate this, but here's an outline of some examples of Gus being a bad person

quote:

http://minfil.org/Ham1ecbeb3/B1057-05.pdf

Page 10 Alexander admits jumping a man and his girlfriend unknown to him other than that the man was friends with a man who had been in a scoffold with Alexanders friend two years earlier.
Sentenced for obstruction of justice (threating and beating the plaintiff) Sentenced for assault against a man and a woman

http://minfil.org/I8m3e4b3bb/B2992-05_B2991-05.pdf
http://minfil.org/Ffmce7b4ba/B3129-06.pdf

There are like 10 people in these sentences that he has beat up.

I'll quote sentence B3129-06, Alexander sentenced for "aggravated assault".

Plaintiff and girlfriend had been at restaurant, meets Alexander with friends afterwards.

Alexander goes up to him and asks:"Have you talked poo poo with person X?"

In which the plaintiff says No.

According to Alexander his eyes then went dark.

Beats the man to the ground, kicks him in the head while unconscious

Sentence B2992-05

Man with girlfriend leaves clothes by public pier while bathing, Sees Alexander Gustafsson with friends going through their clothes.

Alexander is seen dropping a white package of cigarettes on the ground while the woman's white cigarette package from her clothes is missing. The couple decides to just leave but when they do, the woman says "it's wrong to steal from bathing peoples' clothes".

Alexander then lifts her up and throws her on the wooden pier, when she recovers from the chock she sees Alexander sitting upon her boyfriend head-butting him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the cover of the EA Sports game features a drunk driver and a woman beater

shout outs

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

quote:

Alexander then lifts her up and throws her on the wooden pier, when she recovers from the chock she sees Alexander sitting upon her boyfriend head-butting him.

Alexander "the Hammer" Gustafsson

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

His nickname is the Hauler. Get it right.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mark Coleman's conscience has been transferred over to a new human being, quick someone get Joe Rogan to go to a strip club with him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please don't remind me of Gus' chequered past, even if he appears he has turned it around, until he has W Jon Jones (KO) - R1 on his record come September 27th.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Wow. Now I hope Gus and Jones have to fight again and somehow end up killing each other.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
This is why in America your record is sealed when you are a minor. Teens make stupid mistakes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ninja fetus posted:

Wow. Now I hope Gus and Jones have to fight again and somehow end up killing each other.

i hope every stupid loving decision i made as a kid follows me around for all eternity because growing up and changing does not exist

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Marching Powder posted:

i hope every stupid loving decision i made as a kid follows me around for all eternity because growing up and changing does not exist

Jon Jones is presumably a grown man.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Is there a weight class where the fighters can/tend to be a little older?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

canada jezus posted:

Heavyweight probably.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

canada jezus posted:

The heavies, though the most successful ones of late tend to be on the younger end of the heavyweight age spectrum. Hunt is 40, Werdum is 36 and Bigfoot is mid 30's too, so it's still the old man league.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Aurain posted:

The heavies, though the most successful ones of late tend to be on the younger end of the heavyweight age spectrum. Hunt is 40, Werdum is 36 and Bigfoot is mid 30's too, so it's still the old man league.
This is true. On the other side of this, the lighter weight fighters tend to top out earlier due to speed and reactions being much more important at the lighter weights.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Further damnation: Kevin Casey is one of only two MMA fighters who have followed my twitter account for no real reason. The other was Soa Paleleieslieleleslie.

I believe Kevin Casey is still the only person that has blocked me on Twitter.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the records from Gustafsson's trial are pretty unpleasant. In addition to what has already been mentioned he was sentenced for assaulting one of the plaintiffs in order to scare them into dropping the police report that they had filed.

I don't doubt that Alex has sorted his life out since then and regrets his actions - he was still a teenager at the time - but it makes it a lot harder to root for him.

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 21, 2014

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Beeswax posted:

Yeah the records from Gustafsson's trial are pretty unpleasant. In addition to what has already been mentioned he was sentenced for assaulting one of the plaintiffs in order to scare them into dropping the police report that they had filed.

I don't doubt that Alex has sorted his life out since then and regrets his actions - he was still a teenager at the time - but it makes it a lot harder to root for him.

Caught in the conundrum of rooting for a prison time serving trill rear end thug from the streets or Jon Jones.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

obeyasia posted:

Caught in the conundrum of rooting for a prison time serving trill rear end thug from the streets or Jon Jones.

Being a Swedish thug puts him about on par with the third scariest man at your average Midwestern little league game.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

Being a Swedish thug puts him about on par with the third scariest man at your average Midwestern little league game.

With the same chances of either being a secret white supremecist.

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010

Ninja fetus posted:

Beeswax posted:

Actually it makes it alot easier to root for him. On top of that he beat fear into the heart of JBJ and is going to again soon.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

obeyasia posted:

Swedes (and other europeans for that matter) don't bother to hide their racist thoughts.All camouflaged under the "common sense" tag.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This is why in America your record is sealed when you are a minor. Teens make stupid mistakes.

Alexander Gustafsson Apologist #1

Marching Powder posted:

Alexander Gustafsson Apologist #2

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Beeswax posted:

If we had the complete police records of every UFC fighter, there would be no one left to root for.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

-Atom- posted:

Alexander Gustafsson Apologist #1

Alexander Gustafsson Apologist #2

I remember my time as a teenager when I threw a woman and then headbutt her boyfriend. Kids make mistakes, stop judging the time I assaulted a woman and then viciously attacked her boyfriend. We all did it. It's perfectly natural.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Lid posted:

I remember my time as a teenager when I threw a woman and then headbutt her boyfriend. Kids make mistakes, stop judging the time I assaulted a woman and then viciously attacked her boyfriend. We all did it. It's perfectly natural.

Pff you think that's bad? Jon Jones is disagreeable. Furthermore, he is a "herb", which is a term I only use here on these something awful message boards because no one says that in real life

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Eat This Glob posted:

Someone let me know when the official ufc magazine (that still exists, right?) has an artificially-inflated vitor belfort raft for sale
Does it come with a standard schrader valve or do you just stick a needle in the bottom?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is it bad that I don't care who beats Jon Jones anymore as long as he loses and hopefully by hilarious knockout

I mean I'm not the only one at that point right

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Sure I'd like to cheer for this talented and fun to watch fighter but according to his PERMANENT RECORD...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is it bad that I don't care who beats Jon Jones anymore as long as he loses and hopefully by hilarious knockout

I mean I'm not the only one at that point right

watching dominant champions get tooled is a special thing. TJ Dillashaw is my favorite fighter now for that very reason.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

-Atom- posted:

watching dominant champions get tooled is a special thing. TJ Dillashaw is my favorite fighter now for that very reason.

Definitely agree but Jon Jones has his 'being a douchebag' game on point so it's going to be extra satisfying to see him whine about his legacy right after a loss

Has there ever been a fighter as successful but also as unlikable as Jones? I know some folks didn't like Anderson Silva but outside of clowning in the octagon he didn't seem nearly as bad.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 21, 2014

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

obeyasia posted:

Gustafssons criminal record from his youth isn't pretty but the crowd he hung out with back then was a mix of swedes and immigrants who and a lot of what he was involved with, as I understand it, was fights with the local racists. So at least he was no white supremacist.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has there ever been a fighter as successful but also as unlikable as Jones? I know some folks didn't like Anderson Silva but outside of clowning in the octagon he didn't seem nearly as bad.

:ortiz:

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has there ever been a fighter as successful but also as unlikable as Jones?
Have you read Matt Hughes's autobiography?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wasn't around for the Tito era - he was comparable to Jones? Looking at their records 20-1 vs 17-11 unless there is a huge difference in quality of opponents they've faced.

Ogantai posted:

Have you read Matt Hughes's autobiography?

No I haven't but I might need to if it's that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I wasn't around for the Tito era - he was comparable to Jones? Looking at their records 20-1 vs 17-11 unless there is a huge difference in quality of opponents they've faced.

No I haven't but I might need to if it's that bad.

He had a number of title defenses against overmatch opponents and looked really good until Randy beat the crap out of him. But he basically spent years ducking Chuck Liddell.

• Locked thread