Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

no offense rotor but why would you see a 500 pg long thread you never read and immediately think "welp this has to go"

im detecting some offence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
nah mostly confusion and insomnia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
why hasn't anyone tried to remake the cyber punk thread

didn't it basically just get closed because epic hamcat was complaining that the thread shouldn't exist

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

why hasn't anyone tried to remake the cyber punk thread

didn't it basically just get closed because epic hamcat was complaining that the thread shouldn't exist

It was closed because it got to page 219.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
every time i opened the cyber punk name thread it was just poo poo that got posted two years ago

this thread still has plenty of original poo poo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

cyberpunk names

Disc Meatspinner

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Cold on a Cob posted:

plenty of original poo poo

dsyp

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-tailed_sheep#mediaviewer/File:Erector_fat_tail_sheep.jpg

Uploaded by Erector
Created: September 26 2009
Fat Tailed sheep, Self-published work
Learn more on Wikimedia Commons
The free media repository

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sham bam bamina! posted:

cyberpunk names

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
does that thread even still exist?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

naw it got closed by the op

i want to post the new "what weird poo poo did you just read" thread though and would like your blessing

it's just an excuse to lf usually but maybe npm hacker news is sufficient

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Touhou_Project_characters

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Since her freedom is to the level of the impossible,[2] she does have a negative disposition.[2]

what the gently caress does this mean

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

rotor posted:

does anything exist?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

does anything exist?

measured on the entire scale of space and time, not really

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Since her freedom is to the level of the impossible,[2] she does have a negative disposition.[2]

it means someone is trying to use their community college japanese classto translate the japanese wikipedia

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Since she is so powerful, she is bored all the time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

merely childish, even though she is over five hundred years old

ah good

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

syscall girl posted:

naw it got closed by the op

i want to post the new "what weird poo poo did you just read" thread though and would like your blessing

it's just an excuse to lf usually but maybe npm hacker news is sufficient

we did have a general text dump thread a while back when i first started posting here but they sorta went away which is lame

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Miley Virus posted:

we did have a general text dump thread a while back when i first started posting here but they sorta went away which is lame

anyone can make one but you risk a whole six hours of probation if it doesn't go well

i just don't have a noteworthy article

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palatine

See also[edit]
Palatine (Kingdom of Hungary)
Rhineland-Palatinate
Palpatine
German Palatines

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Leia%27s_metal_bikini

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

fan wikis are chea...

oh

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

wookiepedia is chea-

oh

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
JINX!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

3152 up votes, submitted 9 hours ago by gvs1994 to /r/todayilearned

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
The Suda is alone in claiming that Sappho was married to a "very wealthy man called Cercylas, who traded from Andros"[15] and that he was Cleïs' father. This tradition may have been invented by the comic poets as a witticism, as the name of the purported husband means "Penis, from Men's Island."[16]

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

I mean, I really can't top this, though

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Although not the first Tetris game to feature a new kind of tetris... "easy spin" (see The Next Tetris), also called "infinite spin" by critics,[15] Tetris Worlds was the first game to fall under major criticisms for it. Easy spin refers to the property of a Tetrimino to stop falling for a moment after left or right movement or rotation, effectively allowing someone to suspend the Tetrimino while thinking on where to place it. This feature has been implemented into The Tetris Company's official guideline.[11] This new type of play differs from traditional Tetris because it takes away the pressure of higher level speed. Some reviewers[16] even went so far as to say that this mechanism broke the game. The goal in Tetris Worlds, however, is to complete a certain number of lines as fast as possible, so the ability to hold off a piece's placement will not make achieving that goal any faster. Later, GameSpot received "easy spin" more openly, saying that "the infinite spin issue honestly really affects only a few of the single-player gameplay modes in Tetris DS, because any competitive mode requires you to lay down pieces as quickly as humanly possible."[17] In response to the issue, Henk Rogers stated in an interview that infinite spin was an intentional part of the game design, allowing novice players to expend some of their available scoring time to decide on the best placement of a piece. Rogers observed that "gratuitous spinning" does not occur in competitive play, as expert players do not require much time to think about where a piece should be placed.[11]

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Although not the first Tetris game to feature a new kind of tetris... "easy spin" (see The Next Tetris), also called "infinite spin" by critics,[15] Tetris Worlds was the first game to fall under major criticisms for it. Easy spin refers to the property of a Tetrimino to stop falling for a moment after left or right movement or rotation, effectively allowing someone to suspend the Tetrimino while thinking on where to place it. This feature has been implemented into The Tetris Company's official guideline.[11] This new type of play differs from traditional Tetris because it takes away the pressure of higher level speed. Some reviewers[16] even went so far as to say that this mechanism broke the game. The goal in Tetris Worlds, however, is to complete a certain number of lines as fast as possible, so the ability to hold off a piece's placement will not make achieving that goal any faster. Later, GameSpot received "easy spin" more openly, saying that "the infinite spin issue honestly really affects only a few of the single-player gameplay modes in Tetris DS, because any competitive mode requires you to lay down pieces as quickly as humanly possible."[17] In response to the issue, Henk Rogers stated in an interview that infinite spin was an intentional part of the game design, allowing novice players to expend some of their available scoring time to decide on the best placement of a piece. Rogers observed that "gratuitous spinning" does not occur in competitive play, as expert players do not require much time to think about where a piece should be placed.[11]

tetrisspin.gif

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
what movie has the longest plot summary on wikipedia?

1. Alley Cats Strike: 4,266 words
2. He Died With a Felafel in His Hand: 3,798 words
3. Band of the Hand: 3,530 words
4. Ju-on: The Grudge 2: 3,415 words
5. V/H/S/2: 3,360 words
6. Premonition (2007): 3,130 words
7. House of the Dead 2: 2,996 words
8. Underground (1995): 2,824 words
9. Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas: 2,738 words
10. The Insider: 2,395 words

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

haveblue posted:

He Died With a Felafel in His Hand

same

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_boxing

quote:

Such fights are rarely sanctioned by any legitimate governing body, and are almost always intended to be a display in erotic exhibitionism. They are usually staged, well-rehearsed or otherwise choreographed, almost always ending with a perceived knockout. In production and quality, they are very similar to, and probably originated alongside, what has come to be known as foxy boxing. If these mixed boxing matches were real, and if the boxers were actually trying to hurt their opponent and emerge as the winner, they could be seen (in concept) as a literal "battle of the sexes". However, most of these fights are intended for little more than sexual or erotic enjoyment. It's important to keep in mind that very few, if any, of the punches actually make contact, but to the spectator at ringside or viewing the fight on video or DVD, the fight appears to be real. There have been a few sanctioned or legitimate mixed boxing matches in recent years, featuring a fight where at least one of the boxers is a professional fighter, although most governing bodies shun the concept.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I dunno, that title seems pretty self-explanatory and a plot summary in its own right.

Also,

quote:

There also exists a graphic adaptation of the novel.[1]

Of course.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RZApublican posted:

the page for the micronation itself is 100% this thread

what was that BDSM micronation in Eastern Europe

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Luigi Thirty posted:

what was that BDSM micronation in Eastern Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_World_Kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

In a public gazing session, Braco stands on a podium and silently looks at the members of the audience for a period of five to ten minutes.[3][4] There is a ten minute period before the gazing for introduction, and another period afterwards for post-gaze meditation and reflection. It is during the post-gaze that people report life changes, healings and their positive experiences. [10] Supporters say that during the gaze time they can feel tingling, see energy or a golden aura, experience peace or relief from pain.[11] Braco does not consider himself a guru. He has no philosophy or dogma, nor does he want anyone to worship him. [12] In addition, he does not call himself a healer or claim to have spiritual powers,[7] and has not spoken to the press or in public since 2002,[2] saying "it's too big to explain." Participants and event organizers say that his gaze has cured physical diseases such as cancer and respiratory disease. [13] Believers say Braco's physical presence is not necessary, and gazing at a picture or video of him can be sufficient for healing.[14] When not touring, Braco holds gazing sessions at his center in Zagreb, Croatia. [15] Braco's Croatian events draw thousands of people, totaling to over two hundred thousand annually.[3][4] He has toured the United States,[6] Australia,[16] Japan, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Israel, and Slovenia,[17] attracting hundreds or thousands. [18]