Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Jamuraan posted:

Yeah I was just thinking that, lol. Alright, let's just get down to brass tacks.

I'm might be okay with a Bigup DJ vote. He's did a weird buddying thing with Big Nothing a few posts back. Big Nothing also voted for Bigup DJ then retracted it after someone else voted for him. That looks like Big Nothing just making a rookie mistake of voting your scum buddy to create distancing.

Reading from his post history, I don't see a whole lot that makes him scum without assuming Big Nothing is scum. For now I'm going to keep my vote on Big Nothing, but I would okay with a vote on Bigup DJ if that's what the town decides.

What buddying thing, I said I wanted him dead.

Also way to avoid taking responsibility for your vote, dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
To be clear though I could live with lynching BN so long as we do it before late game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

We have Opoptuition and that's all we need. Rascyc is our scum.

yeah, but that always is the case

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Opopanax posted:

We have Opoptuition and that's all we need. Rascyc is our scum.
Can't argue with this

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

yuming posted:

I agree with this read, I like the point about the word choice for vig-kills. It's very detached, like let's just kill someone guys it's the right thing to do!

##vote f_v

Except I'm not just saying to kill "someone". BN's play reads as plenty scummy today, but we all know what that means in regards to his alignment. I'm saying if BHB doesn't have a better idea then BN is not the worst choice. I'm not advocating the vig on anyone else. I don't want to kill a random someone.

Having said that, I actually really like this post from BN. I feel like he's paying attention to what is going on in the game.

Big Nothing posted:

Wait, people are advocating vigging me day 1 because they feel unsure about me? I can give at least 3 better targets for vigging

Vig puntification, since it's 'likely' that he will be voted to be lynched tomorrow. This will give us more discussion and turn a useless D1 into a more productive one

Vig Jam, call him out on his claim.

Vig Rarity. Never played with Rarity before, but constant white noise posts and general going with the flow hisses at me as scum.

My preference for the lynch right now is Merk. I really don't feel like he used his ability in a way that makes sense from a town perspective. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote merk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Explain how you feel he used it from a scum perspective.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eh, if Merk had cleared Yuming as a confirmed Miller the latter would just end up dead anyway imo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Explain how you feel he used it from a scum perspective.

Merk came into the thread and asked for anyone to scum claim. BHB turns up, Merk votes him with no explanation given and then pushes BHB to full claim. Merk uses his ability on BHB which mod-confirms BHB's flavour.

Merks given reason for using his ability is to catch scum in a lie, but I don't see that he really has any reason to think BHB is lying, or scum. There was no pressure on Merk to use his ability then, since we didn't know he had it. Why did he think BHB was scum? What lie did he think BHB was telling?

I think it's scummy that he just picked someone who was posting in the thread at the same time, ignored the town benefits of using his ability on yuming for claiming miller and tries to dress it up as catching scum in a lie.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Eh, if Merk had cleared Yuming as a confirmed Miller the latter would just end up dead anyway imo

You don't think clearing a miller is a good thing? I've seen scum claim miller before.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Merk came into the thread and asked for anyone to scum claim. BHB turns up, Merk votes him with no explanation given and then pushes BHB to full claim. Merk uses his ability on BHB which mod-confirms BHB's flavour.

Merks given reason for using his ability is to catch scum in a lie, but I don't see that he really has any reason to think BHB is lying, or scum. There was no pressure on Merk to use his ability then, since we didn't know he had it. Why did he think BHB was scum? What lie did he think BHB was telling?

I think it's scummy that he just picked someone who was posting in the thread at the same time, ignored the town benefits of using his ability on yuming for claiming miller and tries to dress it up as catching scum in a lie.

this is sooooooooooooooo stupid

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

this is sooooooooooooooo stupid

Why?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
la de dah, don't mind me scum here going to use an ablity on this guy and draw the most amount of attention possible

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

la de dah, don't mind me scum here going to use an ablity on this guy and draw the most amount of attention possible

What attention? The only person who has given it any real attention is me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Anyway, Merk has no issue with attention on him when he's scum. He's hardly a nervous player.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah because most of us are not being dumb

im glad you also happened to bring this too our attention after coming under fire

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we need to kill Jamuraan i am in a bad mood

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

yeah because most of us are not being dumb

im glad you also happened to bring this too our attention after coming under fire

I mentioned it before too. Maybe read the thread before trying to make look scummy by implying that I didn't point this out before people started voting me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I mentioned it before too. Maybe read the thread before trying to make look scummy by implying that I didn't point this out before people started voting me.

This is legitimate, since your pointing it out is...why people started voting for you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

i meant in a negative way attention, not questioning attention

only now are you voting him and asking others too

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

This is legitimate, since your pointing it out is...why people started voting for you.

No, people started voting me because I said we should use the vig on BN. Both Merk and yuming used that as their reason, and they're the only 2 voting me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

i meant in a negative way attention, not questioning attention

only now are you voting him and asking others too

And all this time I thought this was the point of mafia.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
#vigJamuraan2014

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
merk using his ability on me wouldn't make sense because he had a 1/3 chance of getting alignment-- copping someone who claimed miller is a waste.

:sparkles:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As a certified Merkologist I do not believe him to be scum

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

merk using his ability on me wouldn't make sense because he had a 1/3 chance of getting alignment-- copping someone who claimed miller is a waste.

Except we don't know it works like a regular cop result.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see it that Merk *couldn't* be scum as Capps does, but I don't think what he did re yuming and bhb makes him any likelier to be than not.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

yuming posted:

am i right are you austin powers mistaken for james bond?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

yuming posted:

I like the idea somebody floated that your flavor is Austin Powers, who appears to be James Bond. It's so brilliant that I cannot even remotely believe it to be the case.

But it would be hilarious :v:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You do have a PhD in Merkology. Who do you think is scum Opop?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I like the idea somebody floated that your flavor is Austin Powers, who appears to be James Bond. It's so brilliant that I cannot even remotely believe it to be the case.

But it would be hilarious :v:

e:f;b

gj@capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't see it that Merk *couldn't* be scum as Capps does, but I don't think what he did re yuming and bhb makes him any likelier to be than not.

i didn't said merk couldn't be scum, just not for those reasons

he is 3p anyway

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
No I am the Bourne Identity guy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

also yeah, merk is easy to read
so far he doesn't read scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

yuming posted:

No I am the Bourne Identity guy.

drat it :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mr.capps posted:

i didn't said merk couldn't be scum, just not for those reasons

he is 3p anyway

you know what I meant quit it

also yes I believe this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
btw guys Jamuraan really is scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You do have a PhD in Merkology. Who do you think is scum Opop?

I don't know. Maybe Ras, what with me voting him and calling him scum a couple times.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I don't know. Maybe Ras, what with me voting him and calling him scum a couple times.

Can you explain your reason any more than just "gut"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

mr.capps posted:

we need to kill Jamuraan i am in a bad mood

we need to kill capps for world peace

• Locked thread