Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Don't forget Exiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Avulsion posted:

Don't forget Exiles.

I think that's the one Gavok noted as King Hyperion.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Boogaleeboo posted:

I have problems pretending Thor isn't a joke in the face of truly cosmic threats. Dude eats planets, you are a pissant God of a religion that died out the second it made serious contact with the outside world. You don't rate, stop pretending you are cool.

Thor is very powerful.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Dan Didio posted:

Thor is very powerful.

Not powerful enough for when Franklin Richards starts looking for his pet world eater.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love it. :neckbeard:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I'm torn as to whether I accept "the Thorforce", or if I would rather it had just been "the Thorce".

SirDan3k posted:

Not powerful enough for when Franklin Richards starts looking for his pet world eater.

Why would he need a world-eating pet? We all know he's just going to end up as Galactus of the next universe anyways :colbert:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gavok posted:

There's basically six Hyperions:

- Squadron Supreme
- Squadron Sinister
- Supreme Power
- King Hyperion/Thunderbolts
- Marvel Zombies Supreme
- Hickman Avengers

So is Hyperion more Superman or less Superman than the stand in that's going up against the Illuminati right now?

It's so hard for me to keep these store brand Supermen apart.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CzarChasm posted:

So is Hyperion more Superman or less Superman than the stand in that's going up against the Illuminati right now?

In one issue of Hickman's Avengers, the High Evolutionary called Hyperion "Sun God", so they probably have the same amount of superwatts(stand unit of measuring Supermanness).

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Don't forget Sun God from the universe that the Illuminati are currently fudging with, he's likely another Hyperion.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

I'm not sure about more or less Superman, but judging by

he's definitely more DC.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
All this Hyperion talk reminded me of my favorite Hyperion moment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Idran posted:

I'm not sure about more or less Superman, but judging by

he's definitely more DC.

To be fair, that dude is a robot. Walk it off. :colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be fair, that dude is a robot. Walk it off. :colbert:

It looks like the High Evolutionary.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, then he's fine. Dude came back from being a puddle.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SirDan3k posted:

He has incredible powers.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Isn't Franklin Richards the most powerful being in the Marvel universe? Essentially his mutant power is the ability to completely remake reality IIRC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Isn't Franklin Richards the most powerful being in the Marvel universe? Essentially his mutant power is the ability to completely remake reality IIRC.

Technically yes, but his powers are kind of limited right now in that he has to gather his strength before he can do anything big.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

Technically yes, but his powers are kind of limited right now in that he has to gather his strength before he can do anything big.

Yeah, if that FF run a little bit back was correct, once he reaches adulthood he's going to be totally unstoppable. I mean, he will literally survive the end of the entire universe.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

OldTennisCourt posted:

There are a surprising number of mutants with similar abilities, but most of them go completely insane as a result of having that much power. Franklin Richards is probably the most powerful (mostly) sane person in the Marvel Universe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Avulsion posted:

Franklin Richards is probably the most powerful (mostly) sane person in the Marvel Universe.

And this is a big mostly and had to be orchestrated by the future version of himself throughout centuries. He also has Reed Richards as a father who sometimes cares and just about every cosmic entity like Galactus keeping an eye on him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This could have gone in funny panels just as well.
Preacher, not sure of the issue number.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Sexcastle is a comic where every bad 80's cliche is played straight. Here, he is attacked by a guild of assassins. Oh, and those are "gunchucks".

Sexcastle by Kyle Starks.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Uthor posted:

Sexcastle is a comic where every bad 80's cliche is played straight. Here, he is attacked by a guild of assassins. Oh, and those are "gunchucks".

Sexcastle by Kyle Starks.

This is the bad rear end thread, not the bad art thread

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh hey the forums are back just in time for New Avengers #20:

There's also the Black Panther / Not-Batman fight and Doctor Strange doing a Bad thing but I would end up posting half of the comic so I'll stick to Not-Superman being Superman.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Saga #20. Context is unnecessary.

:vince: :vince: :tviv: :vince: :vince:

e: I guess "badass" isn't a hundred percent appropriate but it seems like this is kind of the general "holy loving poo poo did that just happen" thread so

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 26, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Justice League #31

Lex Luthor is a hero for stepping up and saving the world in the last big event while the JLs were out. He offers his place on the Justice League, but is turned down. He also learned Bruce's secret in all of that, so...

Really, I just love that kick.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Bruce kicking rear end in civilian clothes doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"I'm totally not Batman!" *does a flying karate kick like Neal Adams Batman always did*

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man if more of his Justice League stuff was that good I wouldn't have dropped it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

He's not evil, he's just being pragmatic.

Ah like in Civil War. :twisted:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Man if more of his Justice League stuff was that good I wouldn't have dropped it.

I think Lex and Captain Cold joining may be just what a Geoff Johns JL book needed.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 26, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh hey the forums are back just in time for New Avengers #20:

There's also the Black Panther / Not-Batman fight and Doctor Strange doing a Bad thing but I would end up posting half of the comic so I'll stick to Not-Superman being Superman.

This is only making me want Marvel to do an Elseworlds type thing featuring the Great Society even more.

Is it bad that I'd rather see the Justice League done by Marvel than the actual Justice League at this point

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is only making me want Marvel to do an Elseworlds type thing featuring the Great Society even more.

Is it bad that I'd rather see the Justice League done by Marvel than the actual Justice League at this point

It just means that you want to read Supreme Power and that is a fine choice.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Nah, I feel the same way. This arc has done a way better job of making me care about DC characters than any of the New 52 stuff I've read.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Opopanax posted:

It just means that you want to read Supreme Power and that is a fine choice.

Which one? Because that recent series was some meandering crap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The JMS one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've not read the JMS one myself, but the Squadron Supreme miniseries from the 1980s by Mark Gruenwald is definitely worth checking out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The JMS one is fine but like a lot of his recent stuff it just kind of peters out as he loses interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, while it's no doubt happened on other occasions, I've never seen the Hulk get the crap beaten out of him so quickly and efficiently before. Superman Sun God is ace.