Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CLAM DOWN posted:

They're an item you click on to gain a level, so yes. No idea which way is the fastest to get them, I just use the ones I come across randomly.

yeah but it doesn't take a click to gain a level. it takes the time of acquiring them to gain a level and i want to know for sure that's less than trains/gold blitz/map completion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

A Major Fucker posted:

yeah but it doesn't take a click to gain a level. it takes the time of acquiring them to gain a level and i want to know for sure that's less than trains/gold blitz/map completion

You can get them with festival tokens right now so if you were to farm a gold blitz you'd get the exp from the events and could then pick up some tomes with the tokens you get.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Protip posted:

You can get them with festival tokens right now so if you were to farm a gold blitz you'd get the exp from the events and could then pick up some tomes with the tokens you get.

horry poo poo. piss

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
You can also get poo poo tons of them from PVP reward tracks, if you don't mind playing PVP

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

A Major Fucker posted:

horry poo poo. piss

Leveling with the pavilion is really fast. Get into a group like TTS that's doing gold runs and attack every boss for like 20 seconds and you should get full event credit for the 6 bosses, the event to kill all of them, and then if you give healbot 1s you can get credit for that event too. If its a solid group it only takes a few minutes so you have to hustle to tag everything. Just be careful not to pull a huge train of mobs into the boss.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thirding, Fourthing? The Pavilion thing, I only ever joined a gold one once for like 10 hours, went from 40 to 60 and had enough to get tomes to push me to 70.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i miss before they nerfed the crafting xp and you could take a character from 2 to 80 in an afternoon

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They really need to add hammers as engineer weapons because I just got a mecha anchor and it would be perfect for an engineer. Just doesn't work as well on a warrior or guardian.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

chumbler posted:

They really need to add hammers as engineer weapons because I just got a mecha anchor and it would be perfect for an engineer. Just doesn't work as well on a warrior or guardian.

I love the wrench toolkit and wish it had more viability. Melee Engineer would be a ton of fun if you could drop turrets and beat people to death with a wrench.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A Major Fucker posted:

i miss before they nerfed the crafting xp and you could take a character from 2 to 80 in an afternoon

How bad did they kill it? I was planning to level up my alt a bit with crafting :(

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

A Major Fucker posted:

When I was playing around with cooking most of the trip to 400 was gold-neutral through crafting valuable food and selling it on the TP. It only got me a couple character levels though :/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

loving Arus hasn't updated the OP in days.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Mr. Hammond, I think we're back in business

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Eltoasto posted:

How bad did they kill it? I was planning to level up my alt a bit with crafting :(

You get 7 levels getting a craft to 400 instead of 10 now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did we make it?

Are we back?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

how was i supposed to show everybody how pretty my thief is with the forums down god

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Per request here's some cool Tybalt fanart

Also I started sparkling inexplicably for a short bit. The kawaiiometer is going berserk!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

how was i supposed to show everybody how pretty my thief is with the forums down god

In-game.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Hey, I'm thinking of getting back into gw2 after a three day break, is it any better now? Op is kind of old.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

game is dead just like the forums, time to move to wildstar

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Are my jokes too subtle, is that it?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No I'm just REALLY loving stupid.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Birds aren't funny. It's a fact. All they do is poop and chirp.

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007
Arenanet emailed me not once, but twice, telling me how to play the game. Are they trying to tell me something? :confused:

Pro-tip #2: you need health to not die :downs:

http://guildwars2.ncsoft.com/hostedemail/email.htm?h=fe81574b9cd6e2ba8350feb786c31be4

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I guess updating the OP isn't the only thing you are incapable of doing. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbNadSFHpw

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

37th Chamber posted:

Arenanet emailed me not once, but twice, telling me how to play the game.

Please forward to Arus.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dukka posted:

I guess updating the OP isn't the only thing you are incapable of doing. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbNadSFHpw

This is a blatant falsification.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is a blatant falsification.

The video title is supposed to be sarcastic.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Trailer for Season 2 Chapter 1: The Return of the Red One.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WUW_hPwcI

BTW, I guess this'll be the last of the Zephyr Sanctum for good so get those goodies.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 26, 2014

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I hope the Labyrinthine Cliffs and the Zephyr Sanctum come back in some form down the road. It's a beautiful area with fun ways of getting around and it seems like a waste to shred it all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mizuti posted:

I hope the Labyrinthine Cliffs and the Zephyr Sanctum come back in some form down the road. It's a beautiful area with fun ways of getting around and it seems like a waste to shred it all.

You know this is anet we're dealing with, right?

Also I have found the second place winner of GW2, after Be Our Guest:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Might want to edit that. Season 2 spoilers According to the twitch preview that's the season 2 big baddie

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

While the forums were down, SFD had some fun.

We did a turret-only SE P3 run that was surprisingly easy:

Mesmer Asura took us to the mysterious face room:

And we visited the birthplace of anime in GW2, coincidentally I hear goons love fractals:

And tonight we welcomed back the forums with DATABASE UNAVAILABLE EDITION of WvWednesday, with huge turnout!! Goshawk even honoured us with her presence in Obsidian Sanctum and endured bird jokes in map chat whilst stealing a spot in one of our guild pics:

(click for big)

Thanks SFD for being the best!!!

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lutha Mahtin posted:

When I was playing around with cooking most of the trip to 400 was gold-neutral through crafting valuable food and selling it on the TP. It only got me a couple character levels though :/

i don't understand how it's possibly to go from 1-400 gold-neutral because items lose value when they're crafted

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unless they're time-gated

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happened to the good armor gallery? i can only find the lovely one by googling now

e: nvm it's showing up now

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A Major Fucker posted:

i don't understand how it's possibly to go from 1-400 gold-neutral because items lose value when they're crafted

People are lazy and don't want to cook for themselves. Some of the ingredients are karma only in higher level zones might be another reason for some foods selling higher.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Mesmer Asura took us to the mysterious face room:

The face room can give you some wicked motion sickness.

It is really neat to find unused stuff like this. Like I can see this being part of a Guild jumping puzzle or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
We need a spinning asura butt room immediately.

• Locked thread