Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Oh thank god.. I can go back to lurking my favorite auto forum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I was so desperate I not only started reading Airliners.net once again, I almost, *almost* made a post there.

Let's pray I never get that low again.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm unemployed again, and I've been amazingly productive in my job hunt without the forums to waste time on.

I realized that call center work isn't for me. It took me less than three days to start contemplating suicide. I've got an interview for a service advisor position tomorrow, but I'm worried that being young and female is going to work against me because people won't take me seriously.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I am going to look at a rsx-s in a few minutes. This adventure of craigslist "project" car shopping has been...interesting. Wish me luck!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Ozmiander posted:

KASTEIN IS GONNA BUY A SUBARU EVERYBODY

I think I should probably build up my stockpile of spare motors and transmissions first. :q:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sweet merciful Christ, I can stop trying to get my fix via Jalopnik.

I've been reading /r/cars. I think for a while we should use condoms, just until my tests come back.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

trouser chili posted:

I've been reading /r/cars. I think for a while we should use condoms, just until my tests come back.

Anything other than /justrolledintotheshop is terrible. Never go on Reddit.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Never go on Reddit.

Words to live by.

So this past weekend I and my wife celebrated our first anniversary together. We went go-karting. :3:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Geirskogul posted:

Anything other than /justrolledintotheshop is terrible. Never go on Reddit.

/mechanicadvice can be pretty good, if you're into that kind if thing. I think it's getting discovered by /r/cars tards though. I read some rear end in a top hat today explain how AWD was superior because the clutches at the wheels distribute more power to the wheels that slip. Yeah, it hurts me to type that.

Oh, hear it is!
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/290v3d/awd_or_fwd/cigpiim

Bask in the stupid.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 26, 2014

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Welp, it turns out Im addicted.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 26, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Not having SA as my go to page for reading anything was so weird

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

goatse guy posted:

I'm unemployed again, and I've been amazingly productive in my job hunt without the forums to waste time on.

I realized that call center work isn't for me. It took me less than three days to start contemplating suicide. I've got an interview for a service advisor position tomorrow, but I'm worried that being young and female is going to work against me because people won't take me seriously.

It's not even a gender thing. Unless they are interested in taking care of their car, they won't take you seriously. Just have some vague idea of what you are talking about and be confident enough to not be a complete introvert and you will be fine. Good luck!

Edit: Jesus, it has been ten years for me too. That is insane.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 26, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I had forgotten what life was like without the forums. WELCOME BACK GUYS!

E: Holy gently caress has it been five years already? Seems like just yesterday I was a shitposting newbie. Now I'm an old-hat shitposter!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Although I've only been there once I was really happy with the young female service advisor at the Mazda dealer the other day. I might not be the average customer though, I guess.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Thank loving GOD we're back online. Everything else on the internet sucks.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
It's good to have the forums back, but seriously there were some gem posts on the Facebook group with SA down.

I found myself occasionally checking car specific forums a few times and without AI to dilute the stupidity I found my tolerance threshold was even lower than usual.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I can't recommend this procedure as removal of cats from modern vehicles is a violation of the clean air act, but it did improve acceleration somewhat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152964471053345

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Phone postin cause I can't log in on my PC. :toot:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
SA is back! My internet was down this afternoon (loving Comcast! :argh:) and it just came back.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Should I buy Bioshock Infinite for $7.50 while it's on steamsale or should I pass it up?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Have you played the other games? It's an okay game. I want to play the DLC.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Lowtax posted:

More work required, there will be extended scheduled downtime in the near future.

I need to prepare a crazy person bugout box for sa going down again. Suggestions?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Go outside and enjoy summertime? If this had been last week I wouldn't have even noticed because I was on a river for 5 days.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Tusen Takk posted:

Should I buy Bioshock Infinite for $7.50 while it's on steamsale or should I pass it up?

Yes, unless you have the others already in which case buy the triple pack

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nodoze posted:

But if you buy the triple pack you forever have bioshock 2 tainting your game library. Can you buy packs and gift the terrible parts to someone else?

looks like i'm going back in the hospital for a while. At least i got half a day warning this time. Going in with 2 laptops, and 4 TB of various forms of entertainment this time.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fucknag posted:

I had forgotten what life was like without the forums. WELCOME BACK GUYS!

E: Holy gently caress has it been five years already? Seems like just yesterday I was a shitposting newbie. Now I'm an old-hat shitposter!

shut up newbie

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jamal posted:

Go outside and enjoy summertime? If this had been last week I wouldn't have even noticed because I was on a river for 5 days.

Some of us live in the IE and don't want to leave the AC and be able to see the air we breathe.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/24/yarra-floods-southbank-as-high-winds-push-the-river-back-upstream i couldnt go outside because this was happening.

PS. My dad is kind of a redneck, am i the worst person in history for following his lead and just pouring used motor oil into the garden?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/24/yarra-floods-southbank-as-high-winds-push-the-river-back-upstream i couldnt go outside because this was happening.

PS. My dad is kind of a redneck, am i the worst person in history for following his lead and just pouring used motor oil into the garden?

Isn't recycling it generally free these days? It seems wasteful since there are secondary uses for it. In my neighborhood they'll take up to a gallon a week with the garbage pickup, I don't even have to make a special trip or anything.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Isn't recycling it generally free these days? It seems wasteful since there are secondary uses for it. In my neighborhood they'll take up to a gallon a week with the garbage pickup, I don't even have to make a special trip or anything.

Most any parts store (Advance, Napa, Autozone, etc.) takes used oil for free, at least stateside. (I think they are required to by law at this point.)

Antifreeze and other fluids however...Let's just say that those aren't as easy to get rid of responsibly like oil is.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sure you can! Just mix the poo poo with the oil. :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jamal posted:

Oh trust me, I have been. I've never thought much of porches until I got my own and started reading while enjoying a nice warm cider :3:

CharlesM posted:

Have you played the other games? It's an okay game. I want to play the DLC.

I started playing BS1, I'm pretty sure I own BS2 somewhere.

Nodoze posted:

I'm kind of a sperg about owning physical copies, but I ended up getting it anyways.

Holy poo poo it's 17gb :stonk:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

goatse guy posted:

When I took my car in for the infamous death GM ignition recall, I went in a tank top, shorts, DC shoes, and hadn't shaved in days.

It was supposed to take 45 minutes (yeah, right). Took 2 1/2 hours. Got to talk to several bored sales guys (weekday during working hours). Two of them invited me to apply for... service advisor positions. Another suggested I apply for a lot porter job (which, apparently, pays $12/hr at this lot).

They had several female SAs as well. I was honestly hoping I'd get to deal with one of them instead of a Good Ol' Boy, but luck wasn't on my side. :sigh:

I decided not to apply when I read through the application and saw that they require regular drug tests.. I like my :420: too much. Also most of the sales guys were sleazeballs who were trying to talk me into at least a test drive despite me stating several times "my reported income last year was under $20k and I'm underwater on my loan as it is, why the gently caress would I want more debt?".

Mat_Drinks posted:

It's good to have the forums back, but seriously there were some gem posts on the Facebook group with SA down.

I registered automotivesanity.com for nothing :sigh:

Anyone want it?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Just got home from work and the house stank.
Charlie my husky hasn't been feeling good and I got to clean up doggy diarrhea. After my 9.5hr shift at work. And my back is still hurts.

I hope I can get him to my vet tomorrow before work :smith:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

some texas redneck posted:

I registered automotivesanity.com for nothing :sigh:

Anyone want it?

I still think we need a backup plan if (when?) the SA forums crash hard and for real with no working backup.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KozmoNaut posted:

I still think we need a backup plan if (when?) the SA forums crash hard and for real with no working backup.

Automotive Insanity Asylum Omega

AI AI O

e: gently caress forgot the second "I" and can't think of anything

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

freelop posted:

Automotive Insanity Asylum Omega

AI AI O

e: gently caress forgot the second "I" and can't think of anything

"The second 'I' is for 'I don't give a poo poo'."

*Flicks cigarette at you*

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

trouser chili posted:

/mechanicadvice can be pretty good, if you're into that kind if thing. I think it's getting discovered by /r/cars tards though. I read some rear end in a top hat today explain how AWD was superior because the clutches at the wheels distribute more power to the wheels that slip. Yeah, it hurts me to type that.

Oh, hear it is!
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/290v3d/awd_or_fwd/cigpiim

Bask in the stupid.

Oh my god, I couldn't read past the part where he kept referring to delivering power to the non-driven wheels. :psyduck:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I have found exclusive footage of Lowtax fixing the forums:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KozmoNaut posted:

I have found exclusive footage of Lowtax fixing the forums:

Damnit, where'd the "Like" button on this thing go?

• Locked thread