Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some of them probably do realize that, but it seems like everyone there is scared to death of Kobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Groucho Marxist posted:

How do you feel about the theory that T-Rexes had those weird rear end arms for getting each other horny?

Thank God SAS is back.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Groucho Marxist posted:

How do you feel about the theory that T-Rexes had those weird rear end arms for getting each other horny?

I think what two dinosaurs do in the privacy of their bedroom is none of our business.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Some of them probably do realize that, but it seems like everyone there is scared to death of Kobe.

Or smokescreens. If they're running with Nick Young and co., then Kupchak has to know the rebuild is under way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

Dante Exum has declined to fly to Cleveland for a workout today according to a source

My favorite thing this offseason is literally everyone throwing Cleveland massive shade.

Love wouldn't resign there, Jabari tanked a draft workout, Dante Exum refusing to go workout for them.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My other favorite thing about Cleveland is apparently they've been calling up teams wondering what players they'll offer them for the Magic's picks.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
New Hornets court looks good:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

My favorite thing this offseason is literally everyone throwing Cleveland massive shade.

Love wouldn't resign there, Jabari tanked a draft workout, Dante Exum refusing to go workout for them.

I'm still steaming about Love not committing to resigning. He's giving up a guaranteed 2nd round playoff appearance in the East. Wiggins would love MN, we're practically Canada!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dexo posted:

I would love to watch a tanked workout. "this is as high as i can jump!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I would love to watch a tanked workout. "this is as high as i can jump!"

Jabari suddenly has the athleticism of Zach Randolph.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

morestuff posted:

New Hornets court looks good:

Did they make the hardwood honeycomb? That's pretty cool. Also The Hive is a great arena name.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm on a plane and am going to miss the entire draft. Someone pour out a :lol: post for me when some dumb team picks a stiff.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Woj is saying Orlando is sending Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th pick.

Uh, couldn't they do better than that???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Afflalo back to the Nuggets, Chandler back to the Mavs....LeBron back to the Cavs?????

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

That was a little anticlimactic after all that 16 and 19 for Afflalo talk.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

WhyteRyce posted:

Afflalo back to the Nuggets, Chandler back to the Mavs....LeBron back to the Cavs?????

Eric Gordon back to the clippers???

one can only hope.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Man, Afflalo went for a sack of magic beans.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Looks like Orlando is going all in for the Melo + Bron Bron sweepstake

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's unrealistic, Bill. We're not getting Harden and a cheap 7 footer for a guy who already opted-out.

quote:

@BillSimmons
Asik's trade definitely opened the door for LeBron/Melo/Howard in Houston. NYK says yes to Melo sign-and-trade for Harden/J Lin/DoMo right?

PS: NYK's pipe dream right now is that Chicago and Houston get into a sign-and-trade bidding war for Carmelo. And it's not unrealistic.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

And why does Simmons think Houston will try to trade Harden for Melo?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Chris Christie posted:

Woj is saying Orlando is sending Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th pick.

What the hell? That is terrible for Orlando.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Jose and Lin, mister simmons how are we supposed to 3peat with those two against the elite pgs of the league.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Gotta ditch Harden for a guy who does many of the same things as Harden, but is more expensive and older. No Doubt.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone put Bill Simmons into a medically-induced coma until after Melo and LeBron have made their decisions.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

And why does Simmons think Houston will try to trade Harden for Melo?

I think he means if they sign Lebron. I still don't know why, I guess so Lebron has a friend.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm pissed the Kings couldn't beat that offer for Afflalo but I guess they don't have cap space or any desirable contracts to make things work

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Someone put Bill Simmons into a medically-induced coma until after Melo and LeBron have made their decisions.

Wake Bill Simmons up, tell him the Celtics signed Lebron and drafted Embiid, but that it's 2031 and he missed it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chris Christie posted:

I think Afflalo is a top 7 shooting guard by the numbers, but he also sucks by the numbers, and their hopes were inflated, still I think this is a pretty cheap trade for the Nuggets. I like Fournier as much as anyone, but aside from maybe 3 weeks last year, he didn't look especially decent.

Libertine posted:

Did they make the hardwood honeycomb? That's pretty cool. Also The Hive is a great arena name.

Catch me at the honey hive, runnin the strip!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUSep2DNeD8

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm pissed the Kings couldn't beat that offer for Afflalo but I guess they don't have cap space or any desirable contracts to make things work

Charlotte definitely should have given up No. 24, unless Orlando didn't want to help a conference opponent or something

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Terry Glenn posted:

Gotta ditch Harden for a guy who does many of the same things as Harden, but is more expensive and older. No Doubt.

Supposedly Lebron and Melo want to play together so the thought is it would be a package deal or something. I don't think that kind of stuff has the pull Simmons thinks it does.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MikePrada (@MikePradaSBN) posted:

1. DEN traded Afflalo for Iguodala.

2. DEN traded Iguodala for a trade exception.

3. DEN used trade exception to deal for Afflalo.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645323 Come on everyone. Play Ricks draft game. Let me win a 5 dollar amazon gift card so I can buy illegal lotion

Lockback posted:

Supposedly Lebron and Melo want to play together so the thought is it would be a package deal or something. I don't think that kind of stuff has the pull Simmons thinks it does.

Carmelo really wants to be the designated shooter on a really good team. If they form another superteam featuring Carmelo, the games against the 76ers and Cavs should be awesome. It will be USA V NIGERIA all over again.

Carmelo in ecstasy, making deep 3s, taking unopposed midrange shots, a smile as big as a crescent moon. He'd be so happy and it would infect the rest of the team, creating the friendship energy that a true champion needs.

\/\/\/ That's an AWESOME idea

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 26, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Miami should just try to reform as much of the 2008 Team USA as possible. Get Melo and petition the league to implement a FIBA 3 point line. Drag Michael Redd out of retirement so they have someone on the bench looking like he's having the time of his life

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the best possible outcome for Melo is to land as the second option on a team. He worked way too hard to get looks on the Knicks but whenever he was fed the ball in a good situation he seemed to knock it down.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The fact that Chicago wasn't in a better mix for Afflalo is interesting. I thought the Melo thing was more of a pipe-dream, but if they could have gotten Afflalo for #19 then they might be more optimistic than I thought.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

True Miami lineup:

Wade
LeBron
Melo
Bosh
Darko

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
This Simmons thing sounds a lot like what Broussard was saying yesterday, that the Rockets would sign and trade Harden to the Knicks in exchange for Melo and the cap space to sign Lebron. I don't really understand why it's getting any traction, though. Seems like Harden - Melo or Lebron - Howard is a much better distribution of talent than Melo - Lebron - Howard.

I mean, I guess Houston would do it because Lebron is worth like two James Hardens, but I don't understand why Melo or James would want to.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That Magic trade is why they will continue to be irrelevant for awhile. I live in Orlando and they have been a total non-entity since Dwight bolted

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

In some fairness to that Afflalo trade I keep forgetting he was playing in Orlando and always think of him in Denver so I think everyone generally agrees this is simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If the Rockets can pull off that whacky trade their lineup would probably look like

Patrick Beverly
Insert Guard Here
Melo
Lebron
Howard

Which would be pretty great. Lots of good defense, Melo would probably have more energy for defense, and they'd probably get some random rear end SG off the street, a 3 and D guy. Only question is how terrible will that bench be?

• Locked thread