Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
I'm guessing this weekend is the time to buy a hero if I can. I was thinking of buying 2100g and picking up Storm and a 900G hero and then some stash space with leftovers. I don't know who I should grab, I currently have a high 30s Scarlet Witch and a couple of level 1 melee heroes. I'm am looking for a change (but still ranged I guess?). I was thinking either Cable or a photonics Ms. Marvel. Which of those is better/more different from the SW (and I guess Storm is similar to SW) playstyle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sdoots posted:

I asked this in the SG chat and got some interesting responses, figure I'll ask here.

What hero have you had the most fun with, that you expected nothing from?

moon knight, knew nothing about the character before playing him and now i love the crazy dude

it also helps that he has the best single target damage in the game.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Sdoots posted:

I asked this in the SG chat and got some interesting responses, figure I'll ask here.

Lazy answer, but probably Taskmaster. I went in knowing nothing about the character other than 'he copies stuff' and he turned out to be a really awesome character mechanically on top of having great costumes and voice acting.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Afraid of Audio posted:

moon knight, knew nothing about the character before playing him and now i love the crazy dude

it also helps that he has the best single target damage in the game.

Mine is Moon Knight for the same reasons. I'm almost to purple 60 now with him.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Sdoots posted:

Nightcrawler was my first random box character and I was pretty bummed about it, because I wasn't interested in him in the comics. He turned out to be ridiculously fun and the only character I've actually put effort into endgame gearing. Moon Knight was the other one that I got, went ehhh, then started up story mode and punched out Shocker in like five hits. He's just so gratifying to play.

Ms. Marvel will always be my favorite, but I knew she would be before I started playing her. :pervert:

EDIT: Hell yeah Moon Knight Krew represent

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Sdoots posted:

Panterwoman.

I usually play ARPGs in a stand-back-and-spam style, avoiding melee characters/abilities. I got her from random hero box and after making it to 60, I bought the enhanced outfit during a BOGO months back. Even red prestiged her. Tons of fun to dash around like the Flash Quicksilver destroying everything on screen. I wish her energy melee basic was better than the physical one since it looks cooler and that her mines can be laid in more places, but other than that, I'm not sure there's anything to complain about.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Sdoots posted:

Black Widow. I bought her last summer alongside Ms Marvel and Wolverine, since I had to use my extra G's on something and she was cheap. Here I am a year later, using her as my 'main', even if everyone else seems to think she's totally terrible.

Following that, Daredevil. I think he's a big nerd in dorky pajamas but drat did his review make him fun to play.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

bagrada posted:

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we're tail buddies!!!"
That one always gets me, the way she says it.

I was recently levelling Squirrel Girl to 60 for the synergies, and that line cracked me up every time.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I ironically put those on my Thing pong build but I guess I don't have to take them off now.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Does the +speed stat bypass the hilariously low attack speed cap?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This weekend is going to be loving insane.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/107169/anniversary-month-final-weekend-epic-twelve?new=1

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

DR from Healing Winds moved to Eye of the Storm, HW now gives dodge.

Electrocute got a 40% to bosses tag (lol)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I wonder what I need to do to "joim" the Braddock Academy.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

davebo posted:

I wonder what I need to do to "joim" the Braddock Academy.

Jesus Christ I want to be Gaz's editor so bad. I promise I could cut all those NPC text dumps down to something people would actually read, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HUMAN FISH posted:

DR from Healing Winds moved to Eye of the Storm, HW now gives dodge.

Electrocute got a 40% to bosses tag (lol)

Oh, thank gently caress. These are both excellent changes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zombie Samurai posted:

Jesus Christ I want to be Gaz's editor so bad. I promise I could cut all those NPC text dumps down to something people would actually read, too.
NPCs have text?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sdoots posted:

Human Torch. I started playing him because I liked the Light Brigade costume, and only later discovered that he's one of the most powerful and fun heroes.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mustache Villainy posted:

Black Widow. I bought her last summer alongside Ms Marvel and Wolverine, since I had to use my extra G's on something and she was cheap. Here I am a year later, using her as my 'main', even if everyone else seems to think she's totally terrible.

I can tell you that a lot of people DON'T think that, in fact the think the exact opposite.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sdoots posted:

Three way tie between Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, and Taskmaster.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
I didn't think much of Luke Cage at first until I forced myself to play him and now I've seen the light.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just got a pair of those from raid with a challenge bonus on it.

I'd love to use them on my hulk or ss but thanks to the skill cap change this unique has no hope of beating a cosmic with dash ranks.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
iuvian you are the worst.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pindakaas posted:

I didn't think much of Luke Cage at first until I forced myself to play him and now I've seen the light.

Couldn't resist.

So who all is going to unnecessarily load up on SIF to get a hero?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

just got a pair of those from raid with a challenge bonus on it.

I'd love to use them on my hulk or ss but thanks to the skill cap change this unique has no hope of beating a cosmic with dash ranks.

Wait, on live or test?

Diabetic posted:

So who all is going to unnecessarily load up on SIF to get a hero?

Hahaha, good luck with that. They're only slightly less rare than costumes.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

RatHat posted:

Wait, on live or test?

on live. the unique already exists, it is just getting a stat facelift in this next patch.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I expect 12-15 hero token drops total for the SG this weekend.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Sdoots posted:

Had to literally force myself to play Invisimom and Daredevil. Just wanted that sweet synergy boost. They're so much fun I barely play my "main" (Emma) at all now.

Going the opposite way, for super-hyped characters that I just don't enjoy even though they're really good: Mr. Strange, Ph.D., Taxmaster.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Just got Human Torch to 40 and I have learned to love dropping That Big Scorching 4 on a group of MM elites or bosses, popping Flame On and then cruising around holding down Pyrotechnic Burst until there's no more blue in that circle on the right of my screen. I imagine it's like the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where all the Nazis' faces melt.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
How about some mister knight action for the mister knight lovers in the crowd?

TTK Thread to see which hero kills things the fastest on this new, buffed HP dummy

Former pubbie TTK victory: four seconds
My attempt: two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpbV7C0Y2zA

rip in pieces, pubs

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Oh, thank gently caress. These are both excellent changes.

I have a feeling that BL will still be better in any real world situation. You have to stand reeeally close to get the secondary arc from Electrocute (even standing at the door in the training room is too far) and adds will eat it everywhere except raids anyway. BL will still light up the whole room even from a distance. The real damage difference seems negligible. Still unsure if the new Windreaver Pendant is better than a 800/800 Doc Ock for BL though (doubt it).

Also it's not like you have enough points to pick up all three (LC, an aoe and Electrocute) unless you're going to rely only on CH and LS for aoe. I kinda want to max Healing Winds now too, 3500 dodge and a ton of health regen sounds pretty nice.

nickhimself posted:

rip in pieces, pubs

AHK script to click really fast or something?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

on live. the unique already exists, it is just getting a stat facelift in this next patch.

Are the stat changes retroactive? I have a pair sitting in the stash.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bruceski posted:

Are the stat changes retroactive? I have a pair sitting in the stash.

Yes.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

nickhimself posted:

How about some mister knight action for the mister knight lovers in the crowd?

TTK Thread to see which hero kills things the fastest on this new, buffed HP dummy

Former pubbie TTK victory: four seconds
My attempt: two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpbV7C0Y2zA

rip in pieces, pubs

[Supergroup] [Frukthero] do whatever makes you happy

:unsmith:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

HUMAN FISH posted:

AHK script to click really fast or something?

no, just pressin' the F key real fast

I realized during midtown a minute ago that I still had this staff equipped from the raid:

I did that stupid TTK video with a fuckin' purple staff. Hahahahahaha

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Oh god I went with a random token instead of getting Taskmaster and got... Hawkeye :froggonk:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Getting a Hawkeye token is evidence God hates you.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Irish Joe posted:

Getting a Hawkeye token is evidence God hates you.

What if you get Ghost Rider?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Oh god I went with a random token instead of getting Taskmaster and got... Hawkeye :froggonk:

Yeah at this point you should just drown yourself because God has it out for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

You know what you have to do. Make sure to post the screenshot once your name is yellow.

• Locked thread