Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Joy's the only one they liked, straight 5's from the judges (and a 4 from Ramsay.) As if there was any doubt.

Now that she can't be eliminated, I fully expect her to crash and burn during service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
"My inspiration is cooking things I've never cooked before."

To no one's surprise, Joy wins...mostly by default because the rest of the dishes sucked balls.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Another private party? Isn't one bad enough?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Jason just described himself.

Although Gabriel's math is terrible.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
At least Joy's aware that she can have that black jacket taken away from her.

She still might crash and burn, though.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
So you're a leader, eh, Melanie? Serving raw chicken? :doh:

Doesn't matter, though, Gabe's gonna be out.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Shakey cam and sound fx on the pantry door. :ohdear:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
If only Gabe's salmon was as cooked as his goose.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Gabe's outta here! :dogout:

For good?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

The only chef I can ever recalled being eliminated during service was Josh in Season 3.

Kinda wish they'd do that again, even if it was totally obvious like Gabriel at the moment.

Edit: Well, there you go. Harsh.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 27, 2014

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
drat, yo, he didn't even get to pack his stuff. And JP asked for his jacket. That's just embarrassing.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
No winner.

C'mon, Jason, seriously, Rochelle?! If anyone should be up, it's Melanie.

It's Scott for Red. Kashia and Joy are tight.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Oooh, swerve. Melanie, get your rear end up there.

Oh, bullshit.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

And they all got their jackets. :rolleyes:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
And it's the Final Six.

Not even a burning picture of Gabe. drat, yo. :drat:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Awww everybody gets a jacket.

Honestly though, Jason, Scott, and Melanie could have all gone home and I don't think it would have made a difference.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Next week: Kashia don't give a fluck.

It was pretty funny when Gordon couldn't understand what she was saying during the service, and then they subtitled her a few minuted later. :lol:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

Next week: Kashia don't give a fluck.

Took me a while before I saw the l in that.

From being told to leave in the front to having JP ask him for his jacket to not having his picture burned, Gabe had possibly the worst send-off this late in the game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

God drat it, I was so hoping Beardo was going to go home. But I'm not surprised that it was a fake-out after "Gabrielle" getting the most shameful send-off in the history of this show.

I'm not so sure Scott will be making it to the end anymore though. Between this episode and the previews for the next it seems like he's just become a constant meltdown machine. Joy/Rochelle finale I guess?

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

OmegaBR posted:

The only chef I can ever recalled being eliminated during service was Josh in Season 3.

Kinda wish they'd do that again, even if it was totally obvious like Gabriel at the moment.

Edit: Well, there you go. Harsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS2rmyYAadw

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The problem with these later seasons is that Gordon don't care anymore. He used to go with the contestants on a lot of the rewards but now it's just a bunch of regular people eating/getting massage/looking at things. JP used to have more of a presence on the show too but he's really toned down and not on camera much. I think he's there because fans asked for him so Ramsay threw money at him untill he agreed but he doesn't really want to be there. At the same time the ratio of crazy and/or inept people is pretty high now which sucks up screen time for their antics instead of getting to know people you might relate to. Much of the personable, funny or charming stuff is missing so now you have a show where Gordon screams at people you don't know that well and then they go into the dorms to mope or yell :geno:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Ahhh how could I forget.

I still think Josh got it the worst out of the three. Basically told he was worthless and always was, nearly had the jacket ripped off his body. Kinda surprised he was let back for the finale, but that's back when they only had like 12 chefs competing.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EM6XTCKJow

Years later and Josh's exile is still a thing of beauty.

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?
I thought Lacey got kicked out during service when she admitted she couldn't cook meat. Or was that during a challenge or something?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Less Talk More Rock posted:

I thought Lacey got kicked out during service when she admitted she couldn't cook meat. Or was that during a challenge or something?

No, you got it right. It was during service.

Even then, Gordon was the one that asked for her jacket. Ramsay just wanted Gabe gone.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Less Talk More Rock posted:

Ohhh yeah.

God I'm getting old.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Wasn't there an episode where two people were eliminated during service?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Ghostpilot posted:

Wasn't there an episode where two people were eliminated during service?

The episode before Lacey got eliminated, Ramsay kicked J out for loving up the rice and forcing them to 86 risotto for both kitchens.

The wiki pages for the Hell's Kitchen seasons have a nice color-coded chart for each character (I'm refusing to call them chefs anymore), how they did that episode and who got eliminated. Anyone eliminated during service is listed as "FIRED".

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

Joy/Rochelle finale I guess?

I think you're wildly overestimating Rochelle's chances. Melanie has a strong redemption arc set up for these last 4 eps imo. That said, Scott having whole minutes of face time with Andi has me thinking he could have a similar edit going.

halwain
May 31, 2011
So wait this is a group of people that want to help against poverty, yet they are dining in hells kitchen :v:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
It's definitely gonna be Joy versus Melanie, and Melanie is going to win them all. The little talk Ramsay had with her in the kitchen after dinner service had a huge mentor/protege vibe going on

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Twee as gently caress posted:

It's definitely gonna be Joy versus Melanie, and Melanie is going to win them all. The little talk Ramsay had with her in the kitchen after dinner service had a huge mentor/protege vibe going on

He's done that with several contestants who went on to lose so it could go either way. Julia from Season 3 is a good example of this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shitenshi posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EM6XTCKJow

Years later and Josh's exile is still a thing of beauty.

What the hell, was he just making a shitload of food before anyone even ordered it?

Somehow Ramsay's cursing seems more subdued when it's not being bleeped.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I think you're wildly overestimating Rochelle's chances. Melanie has a strong redemption arc set up for these last 4 eps imo. That said, Scott having whole minutes of face time with Andi has me thinking he could have a similar edit going.

She seems to gently caress up the least, the only thing I can think of that really hurts her chances is that she doesn't generate enough drama and somehow her teammates try to vote her up every single episode.

As much of a sham as this show is, I don't believe it's enough of a sham to take "I put raw loving flour in the mashed potatoes" Melanie to the finale.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 27, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Raw flour on one hand, on the other:

Seriously, I don't think there's anyone in the kitchen strong enough to insure that she doesn't make it to the top 3 and I'd be really surprised if she's not in the finale itself

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's absolutely going to be Joy/Rochelle. Joy will probably win.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't know, I do think the Top 3 will be Joy/Mel/Rochelle but I think Rochelle is gonna collapse under the pressure and completely gently caress up. No way she manages to go through the whole commanding from the Pass without crumbling down either.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Raw flour on one hand, on the other:

Seriously, I don't think there's anyone in the kitchen strong enough to insure that she doesn't make it to the top 3 and I'd be really surprised if she's not in the finale itself

Gross, that is way too skinny. Makes her head look like a pumpkin.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I don't know, I do think the Top 3 will be Joy/Mel/Rochelle but I think Rochelle is gonna collapse under the pressure and completely gently caress up. No way she manages to go through the whole commanding from the Pass without crumbling down either.

Counterpoint

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gross, that is way too skinny. Makes her head look like a pumpkin.

You're gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
She's like 5 foot nothing and weighs under 100 pounds, I'd say that's fine for someone of that height and build.