Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Matt, How come none of the best friends have canadian accents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

A Meat posted:

Pat needs to make an account so he has people to talk about the F Plus with.

Maybe also so he can get banned for raging about games in the games subforum.

Pat talks to people on LL so it kinda evens out.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments about how bad/dumb I am, feel free!

Have you seen this and what is your reaction? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xf2igqtII

I've played the demo and it's really good to my surprise. You should give this guy some attention and collusion.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 28, 2014

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Skullgirls FNF is up, get hijped.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Matt, How come none of the best friends have canadian accents

As I Canadian I have to say that that's really offensive on all sorts of levels

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kaptain K posted:

Pat talks to people on LL so it kinda evens out.

Yeah Woolie also has an account there but after stopping in on the topic for a week he bailed. Pat's also kinda bailed (not that I blame them the topic has gotten pretty bad) LL in general is a shithole.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

AXE COP posted:

Skullgirls FNF is up, get hijped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDdw9N8YYtU

THIRSTY motherfuckers

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo that intro!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
What the hell is LL and do I even want to know?

Edit:

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo that intro!

No kidding. Hype as all gently caress.

Hahaha the look on Pat and Liam's faces.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 28, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

What the hell is LL and do I even want to know?

It's not that bad. Just some old :filez: board gamefaqs offshoot then they got rid of the piracy stuff and the community started eating itself.

Charles Martel posted:

No kidding. Hype as all gently caress.

Hahaha the look on Pat and Liam's faces.

Yeah that opening was awesome and Pat and Liam's faces were hilarious.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Pat's slow conversion to believing in Skullgirls :allears:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I've been ending my sentences with though lately and it's worked out real good actually with Finnish ladies, so thanks Matt, I guess.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
"gently caress your skull! Skullfuckers Incorporated!" :laffo:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

havenwaters posted:

It's not that bad. Just some old :filez: board gamefaqs offshoot then they got rid of the piracy stuff and the community started eating itself.

Ah, OK. I can't remember the last time I was on GameFAQs so I had no idea.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey matt, these other guys are total scrubs, I am the one true TBFP fan!

Also, that intro to skullgirlz is hype as gently caress. and I also want to thank you for introducing me to ShovelKnight, I didnt back it way back when, but I bought it and it's amazing, easily one of the better indie titles by far.

Matt, can I pick your brains about something? One of the big reasons why I enjoy TBFP much more than other online vid groups (in fact it's the only one I bother making time for) is the fact that you guys are super passionate, super funny, and you take time and care into the vids you make and do stuff that interests you and not force yourselves to shovel out stuff like other LP groups who have to keep pumping out the newest screaming+shouting vids with the newest releases. it's kind of why I stopped watching sites like (game grumps) it became more of just play the newest releases and talk over it rather than make good stuff.

but the thing is that the most notorious of those types of vids seems to rake in the views like crazy, it's poo poo, but for some strange reason it works, how do you guys keep to doing what you do without that pressure of (just shovel poo poo and get views) and do those guys have something you think you could learn from?

do you think it's more important as a youtube creator to keep to making stuff you're interested and what you're passionate about at the quality you want, or is it more important that you just be very frequent even if the quality suffers?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 28, 2014

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Holy poo poo the intro was loving amazing and I don't think I ever stopped laughing at any point during it. Also shame on the zaibatsu, being a bunch of skullgirl posers, hyping it up forever but barely playing it. Clearly a second FNF of Skullgirls must be done as penance.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

This is featured in the Shovel Knight Press Kit:

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Beard Yawn posted:

"gently caress your skull! Skullfuckers Incorporated!" :laffo:

I think I was referencing an old Powerman 5000 song when I said that...but I'm not sure! lol

Really glad everyone's enjoying the Skullgirls and Shovel Knight stuff!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSHeWnGYVn8

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

THAAAAT'S THE ONE! Good ol' Starfuckers!

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think I was referencing an old Powerman 5000 song when I said that...but I'm not sure! lol

Really glad everyone's enjoying the Skullgirls and Shovel Knight stuff!

Have you guys tried Eliza out in the beta yet? She's very Jojo-esque. her taunt is named Face/Off

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oh. It's that time again. The mailbag returns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvxjwY81V9I

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

havenwaters posted:

Oh. It's that time again. The mailbag returns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvxjwY81V9I

Didn't Pat talk about how Kid Icarus Uprising or w/e it's called killed his wrists in the last friendcast because that makes that gift very funny in retrospect.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo that intro!

I'm dickswole.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

havenwaters posted:

Why don't they reopen the Mailbag with the caveat that items that are sent to them may not necessarily be kept by them and may be donated/thrown out at the start of each video? And also a "don't spend money on us if you're not very financially stable" clause, of course.

Giant Bomb has tons of poo poo sent to them and they openly state that stuff you send them probably won't be eaten/drank by them(if it's edible) and rarely do things get used by them if it's games and stuff.

I guess I don't get why people who run sites/groups like GB/SBFP get skeeved out by people sending them stuff. If the person had neat knick-knacks or rare games they would rather send than sell, why not let them? More than once I had debated on sending Metal Warriors for the SNES to Giant Bomb(before it inexplicably quadrupled in price on Ebay) but decided to keep it. I can understand the lack of space issue, at least, but in that video alone there was some pretty neat stuff they got, and the video itself was loving hilarious. If it was just Super Best Friends Open Boxes People Send Them and no video game stuff, I would still watch that, because it was entertaining as hell. Especially making GBS threads on Woolie for being a "gen-wunner" and not even recognizing a specific pokemon.

I know it takes up a bunch of time to open the stuff, but maybe have someone other than Woolie open the boxes since half the video length is taken up by his glacial box-opening pace? :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well the problem at the end was that they ran out of space. I'm sure GiantBomb have a studio and by association some empty room they could use for storage but I doubt that'd be possible in their already cramped apartment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They immediately ran out of space, they are attracting like 10 more sectors of nerds than Giantbomb can dream off (especially anime) to siphon off stuff, and Woolie basically spent half his day everyday going to the post office and dragging the stuff to his house. Not to mention recording and editing footage of them opening mail, it basically cut in their actual game stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Well the problem at the end was that they ran out of space. I'm sure GiantBomb have a studio and by association some empty room they could use for storage but I doubt that'd be possible in their already cramped apartment.

This is absolutely not the case, in fact they had a livestream specifically of them cleaning up the box mountain that had accumulated over the months and discovered that a soda or something someone had sent them burst open inside one of the half-opened boxes and gotten all moldy and gross. It was a fun livestream. :v:

If it overwhelmed absolutely everything then it's fine they shut it off, if only there was a way to moderate the flow of it a bit so that they weren't getting stuff nonstop. The mailbags are always fun because you never know what'll show up.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

If it overwhelmed absolutely everything then it's fine they shut it off, if only there was a way to moderate the flow of it a bit so that they weren't getting stuff nonstop. The mailbags are always fun because you never know what'll show up.

It's all fun and games until woolie loses his hand to a High Frequency Blade

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The reason they stopped is because they were spending so much time editing the mailbags that they had no time for, you know, their actual videos. That editing snafu can't have helped either and I doubt they want to put up with more poo poo the next time they make one mistake in the pile of 10+ hours of box opening footage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ruggington posted:

It's all fun and games until woolie loses his hand to a High Frequency Blade

Box full of live Huntsman Spiders

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wow, saw 72 new posts and thought there had to be a new derail/dumb argument but turns out it was just one of the boys registering an account here and chatting with us.

Welcome and congrats on the hype, thread!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

It did. Did you miss the part where Woolie was talking about how he had to take like two duffel bags and a garbage bag and Liam for help every time he went to get packages from their inbox? And the fact that every mailbag is 40+ minutes long now?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It did. Did you miss the part where Woolie was talking about how he had to take like two duffel bags and a garbage bag and Liam for help every time he went to get packages from their inbox? And the fact that every mailbag is 40+ minutes long now?

Then there's the part where Pat had to take over editing the 8+ hours of footage when we were getting 3 and 4 part mailbags.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

There was so many problems with the mailbag behind the scenes, you guys don't even know. We were often there for 6-7 hours opening all the stuff, the amount of editing it took, just like...yeah. It still was the best problem to have (fans loving us TOO much)

But I think we will sorta bring the mailbag back in a semi capacity, it's an idea I've been kicking around for the last few months, and once the theme month for July is over, we may try to start it up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Yea it was legitimately sounding like it was a task just GETTING their boxes, let alone storing them. Remember the GB guys have cars and a big studio, Woolie, Liam, and Pat, despite our fanfics, don't all live with Matt so if someone sent, say, Woolie, a ton of cool things he then had to take all that stuff home on the subway and find a place for it in what I assume is an average Canadian apartment (an igloo probably).

TheRealestMatt posted:

and once the theme month for July is over, we may try to start it up.

Russlemania 2: Still Russlin?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I kinda hope it does come back just so I can send you guys this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AXE COP posted:

I kinda hope it does come back just so I can send you guys this

That's actually a pretty solid game and I'd kinda love to see them play a pen and paper game or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also there was that time they got two of the seven hundred dollar Gurren Lagann limited edition box sets within a span of 10 minutes. I think that's probably a good cause for saying "you guys are being TOO generous knock that poo poo off"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A significant part of me hopes that the July theme month is dumb MURRICA games. The grand finale of which would obviously have to be a revist of that most American of Japanese robot games, MWC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

CJacobs posted:

Also there was that time they got two of the seven hundred dollar Gurren Lagann limited edition box sets within a span of 10 minutes. I think that's probably a good cause for saying "you guys are being TOO generous knock that poo poo off"

There were a whole bunch of great Mailbag moments, but that's still the topper. One of them was crazy enough, but my jaw hit the floor when they opened the second one. Like...holy poo poo.

Any hints on the July theme of videos, Matt?