Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I wonder if the Last of Us Multi will also have the same framerate and improvements...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Feenix posted:

I wonder if the Last of Us Multi will also have the same framerate and improvements...

https://twitter.com/Ninjafr4me/status/480743379165134852

We in there.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Obsurveyor posted:

No, you just need glasses. Go see an ophthalmologist. You're loving up your eyes with those Gunnar glasses because they have magnification.

You don't know what you are talking about.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone care for a PlayStation Now Beta key? I think I have an extra from E3 but if no one wants it I won't bother looking for it.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Finally getting back into the swing of Resogun after getting used to the patch changes, Survival mode is a blast even though I can't get past 3-1.

I did make a nice :smug: ship though in the editor.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Sire Oblivion posted:

Anyone care for a PlayStation Now Beta key? I think I have an extra from E3 but if no one wants it I won't bother looking for it.

I'd be interested please - linusi@gmail.com

Edit; Took me three tries to remember my own goddamn name right

Dream of Janney
Aug 25, 2013

Corsi Enthusiast
Demolition mode on the Resogun DLC: Heroes is hard as gently caress.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

xgalaxy posted:

You don't know what you are talking about.

They do have a +0.5 magnification, which can be bad if you don't need that.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
People may say that Killzone Shadow Fall is a bland piece of poo poo, but god drat, the soundtrack to this game is phenomenal. I rarely buy video game soundtracks, but I want to but this one. Yet, its not for sale.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Dream of Janney posted:

It took until Demolition mode for me to learn the hitbox was the little green marker centered on your ship. I found it was a tiny bit easier to make a one-voxel craft for Demolition with my playstyle though, pixel voxel-precise dodging etc.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If stats AREN'T carried over from PS3 I may actually get this. I feel I missed out last time.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Dream of Janney posted:

I wouldn't say it's hard just random as gently caress. It's pretty much dumb luck whether you get a good combo going so you don't have to move (4-5 balls constantly powering themselves up) and if you get stuck on the wrong side of the map from your last ball and walls of poo poo has spawned in your path there isn't much you can do about it. I got the 5minute/1000 combo trophies but I don't feel like a earned them.

Survival mode on the other hand is The Best Thing, I just can't stop playing it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Von Linus posted:

I'd be interested please - linusi@gmail.com

Edit; Took me three tries to remember my own goddamn name right

Sent.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Roman posted:

If stats AREN'T carried over from PS3 I may actually get this. I feel I missed out last time.

Even if they are carried over try it. The basic 0 point Magnum is still a very good weapon when upgraded and I think the Crafter or Medic basic class was good too. TLOU multi where everyone should have a mic will be even more fun. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

rabidsquid posted:

Even if they are carried over try it. The basic 0 point Magnum is still a very good weapon when upgraded and I think the Crafter or Medic basic class was good too. TLOU multi where everyone should have a mic will be even more fun. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

If mic is allowed in multi, everyone should hear everyone, not just teamspeak. Also, it should affect your enemies' hearing senses, letting them see where you are even if you're still while talking. I have no idea if that's a thing in TLOUMP though, since I've never played it.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So I'm thinking of getting a Vita soon, which size memory card do people use? I know I just missed a giant sale on memory cards yesterday, and am kicking myself for not jumping on that when I had the chance. I'm currently debating between the 16 and 32 gig cards. What do you guys think?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There's a vita thread but just get a 64gb on amazon and stop worrying. It's a lot to stomach but only like 25% more expensive than a 32

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

blackguy32 posted:

People may say that Killzone Shadow Fall is a bland piece of poo poo, but god drat, the soundtrack to this game is phenomenal. I rarely buy video game soundtracks, but I want to but this one. Yet, its not for sale.

This happens to me way too much. Youtube-mp3.org is my only salvation. There's a ton of game music I'd buy that isn't for sale or out of "print" so I can't get it on iTunes or anything.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Actually really enjoying the new playthrough of Watch Dogs on Realistic. It's forcing me to take the stealth approach. I think the only outright gunfight I've been in so far has been one of the convoy missions where I set up a roadblock and just shoot the driver out of his car. Other than that I've made a limit not to use military grade weapons. Either shotguns, AKs, or pistols/small SMGs are allowed. And non of the high end ones. Mainly cause Aiden looks cool as hell using a Chrome or Auto-6. I'm also refusing to just casually hack every single bank account in sight. I'm living out my awful prejidice and will probably hack the hell out of some big corporate CEO or something, but otherwise I'm sticking with contracts to keep me afloat money wise. I wish there was more depth with the cops and with vigilante missions. I feel like the CT-OS scan that happens before cop chases is just a really contrived way of "Hey look, we can't make the cops search for you in an interesting way without these huge bubbles of wallhack".

Realistic seems to have set everyone to die in one hit, and aiden dies in 2-3 hits unupgraded. The AI also gets pretty special when you stick to just knocking people out with your hack stick.

Some other, older screenshots that I haven't been able to upload yet:

(I don't get why imgur sometimes want's to do a URL BBCode when I only copy-paste the direct image URL. And it only does it some of the time, oh well)

(minor spoiler)

Lastly, while I'm a little jealous that PC guys found a way to get the original super effects back in the game, this game is still pretty competent and pretty. I really think that it was removed for parity with the Xbox One because nothing about Watch Dogs has given me the impression that the PS4 couldn't handle those effects or run at 60fps. Still a pretty game.

Also, this is kind of weird that some of these screenshots are 540 and others are 1080p. They were all taken with the share button and uploaded to Facebook.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Christoff posted:

There's a vita thread but just get a 64gb on amazon and stop worrying. It's a lot to stomach but only like 25% more expensive than a 32

Where do you get them on Amazon? I just grabbed one from eBay - AU$107, free shipping.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I never had to hack a bank account and visited a shop maybe twice over the course of the game. You get more than enough money just by doing missions and you can find crafting components everywhere, including car glove compartments.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Thanks! much appreciated. Now I need an ethernet cable.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been reading more and more about the high expectations for Destiny, that it's gonna be bigger than CoD or whatever. That makes me worried that the primary design goal is to make it safe, safe from any really out there design feature that might leave a lasting impression in people, for better or worse. I played the alpha briefly and it sure seemed like that, but are there any features that people are looking for in the release version that are unsafe, that I don't know about?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
...what? It's one of the most solid first person shooters on a console that I can remember. Why the hell do you want "unsafe features" when every other console FPS can't even do the "safe" features correctly.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Roman posted:

There isn't much benefit in being an advanced level player. You will probably always die a lot, and you will lose a lot when starting out because you are getting used to the game. It is skill-based and everyone has access to the same weapons, and having fewer skill points in the beginning will help encourage you to be creative with perk choices and find combinations that you never would have tried otherwise.

TLOU on PS3 is a 10/10 experience that is well worth $50, let alone the PS4 version which comes with improved graphics and frame rate, multiplayer DLC, and the single player DLC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bubba Smith posted:

...what? It's one of the most solid first person shooters on a console that I can remember. Why the hell do you want "unsafe features" when every other console FPS can't even do the "safe" features correctly.
It just...I dunno, it felt really bland. Beautiful, but bland. I'm of the opinion that to do something really unique in a game that gets people talking, you need to take the risk that a lot of people won't like it, and I don't know what that would be for Destiny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well I found the bad side of native PC detection.

You can't plug the controller into the PC to charge and keep playing. It switches off from controlling the PS4.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been reading more and more about the high expectations for Destiny, that it's gonna be bigger than CoD or whatever. That makes me worried that the primary design goal is to make it safe, safe from any really out there design feature that might leave a lasting impression in people, for better or worse. I played the alpha briefly and it sure seemed like that, but are there any features that people are looking for in the release version that are unsafe, that I don't know about?

There are RUMORS of some complex melee weapons as well as directly controlling/fighting stuff with your ship while in space, but I doubt either got past the earliest phases of development. Like if you could do either I'd think they'd be talking it up pretty heavily by now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Neo Rasa posted:

There are RUMORS of some complex melee weapons as well as directly controlling/fighting stuff with your ship while in space, but I doubt either got past the earliest phases of development. Like if you could do either I'd think they'd be talking it up pretty heavily by now.

Gotta save stuff for the sequels

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah no space combat. Might be in Destiny 2.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Samurai Sanders posted:

It just...I dunno, it felt really bland. Beautiful, but bland. I'm of the opinion that to do something really unique in a game that gets people talking, you need to take the risk that a lot of people won't like it, and I don't know what that would be for Destiny.
There is the supposed on the fly matchmaking between fireteams for punctual coop (that didn't work in the alpha) that is unique in the realm of console gaming.

Edit: VVV Oups my bad then .

Dantes fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 28, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dantes posted:

There is the supposed on the fly matchmaking between fireteams for punctual coop (that didn't work in the alpha) that is unique in the realm of console gaming.
If you mean those areas where multiple fireteams can get together, Phantasy Star Online 2 actually has that. Not disputing that it's a rare feature though.

Speaking of which, it supposedly recovered from the DDOS but now I can't access it for some other reason. I was just really getting into it when it went down. Either way, I sure would like a PS4 client for that game someday.

edit: and I suppose official support for the world outside of Japan.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 28, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Well I found the bad side of native PC detection.

You can't plug the controller into the PC to charge and keep playing. It switches off from controlling the PS4.

Think that might be something on your end because I've been doing this just fine for the last few days.

edit: You might have to already have the controller on and logged in to the ps4 when you plug it into the PC though.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

You don't need to take risks to get people talking, you just need to have the best game on the market. If Destiny doesn't release as a buggy, ugly, muddy clunky piece of poo poo like Battlefield and Call of Duty then it's already a major step in the right direction.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bubba Smith posted:

You don't need to take risks to get people talking, you just need to have the best game on the market. If Destiny doesn't release as a buggy, ugly, muddy clunky piece of poo poo like Battlefield and Call of Duty then it's already a major step in the right direction.

I'm all for this trend of games taking the steal all the good ideas and polish them approach opposed to the forcing innovation approach that plagued the last generation. Bungie isn't going to redefine the genre but I can't think of anything I'm more excited to spend more time with fps wise.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm all for this trend of games taking the steal all the good ideas and polish them approach opposed to the forcing innovation approach that plagued the last generation. Bungie isn't going to redefine the genre but I can't think of anything I'm more excited to spend more time with fps wise.

I am morbidly curious as to what you believe was "forced innovation" last gen.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Oxxidation posted:

I am morbidly curious as to what you believe was "forced innovation" last gen.

Yeah... For as many awesome games there were I felt it was a very me-too type generation, especially after the weird stuff being made in the prior gen.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The crap that hit FPS titles was taking control away from the player for predictable pile of poo poo Wilhelm-scream-groanfest cinematic feces.

The only way to innovate the FPS genre now is to go back to intelligently designed levels rather than shooting gallery corridors.

Destiny is a fine step forwards but I've seen that stuff before, only not executed anywhere near as well. Alpha was more polished and complete than BF4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrLonghair posted:

The crap that hit FPS titles was taking control away from the player for predictable pile of poo poo Wilhelm-scream-groanfest cinematic feces.

The only way to innovate the FPS genre now is to go back to intelligently designed levels rather than shooting gallery corridors.
Well, at least Destiny feels free of that kind of cinematic stuff. As for corridors...yeah, it felt pretty corridor-y to me, outside of hub areas. But then so is Borderlands 2, which I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would bet no generation is really any more derivative than the others. You just don't remember the less popular stuff from years ago.

And years from now nobody will remember Homeland, or Dante's Inferno, or all the DOTA games out, etc.

• Locked thread