Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Yeah toward the end I saw the viability of DD but man, Emma in the first two fights was awesome. She is not grey tier now and has moved up into purplish-blue tier.

Man. Tons of fun though!!

I would think her biggest issue is the lack of real spirit spenders, I guess?

Drain has wind up and roots you, and everything else is a DoT or bad Diamond stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah if anybody needs a new code: Spoilersaw

Enter that.

And also, one last note on raids--my strange goal is to raid with anybody who wants to raid as this stuff comes out of beta. I absolutely love the work they have done and can't believe how strong this stuff is for :gaz:

I hope you all give it a try and see what it is like yourself. I'm a strong proponent for what they're doing and can't recommend them anymore for that endgame content.

One other thing, raided with some new guys today and we still crushed it. One of which, was a Hawkeye (whom we poo poo on way too much and it isn't deserved anymore). NotaLizardman, beast that Hawkeye. Was awesome. Two Spider-Mans, an Emma, still crushed it.

I hope everybody sees that you can raid with anybody and win. Except Ghost Rider. He is the new "Hawkeye". And Cyke too. Yeah he is useless. His pewpews do the damage of a papercut, which can brutal to a scrape of falling off your bicycle.

Aphrodite posted:

Drain has wind up and roots you, and everything else is a DoT or bad Diamond stuff.

Yeah I think that may be right. Soothingvapors can probably take that one as he got to see what raiding with her was like. Her haste aura really was awesome on the pet though from what I gathered.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

Oh yeah if anybody needs a new code: Spoilersaw

Enter that.

And also, one last note on raids--my strange goal is to raid with anybody who wants to raid as this stuff comes out of beta. I absolutely love the work they have done and can't believe how strong this stuff is for :gaz:

I hope you all give it a try and see what it is like yourself. I'm a strong proponent for what they're doing and can't recommend them anymore for that endgame content.

One other thing, raided with some new guys today and we still crushed it. One of which, was a Hawkeye (whom we poo poo on way too much and it isn't deserved anymore). NotaLizardman, beast that Hawkeye. Was awesome. Two Spider-Mans, an Emma, still crushed it.

I hope everybody sees that you can raid with anybody and win. Except Ghost Rider. He is the new "Hawkeye". And Cyke too. Yeah he is useless. His pewpews do the damage of a papercut, which can brutal to a scrape of falling off your bicycle.

Yeah I think that may be right. Soothingvapors can probably take that one as he got to see what raiding with her was like. Her haste aura really was awesome on the pet though from what I gathered.

I'd love to try raiding at some point but I just kind of stayed away since usually goons throw an absolute fit in MMO's if you dont know the specific raid mechanics. Been moving since raids were implemented so haven't had time to check it out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New code XarextheBoss for a Cosmic Penta Rush boost but it's not giving out the boost right now for some reason.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

kojicolnair posted:

I'd love to try raiding at some point but I just kind of stayed away since usually goons throw an absolute fit in MMO's if you dont know the specific raid mechanics. Been moving since raids were implemented so haven't had time to check it out.

We're pretty chill about that type of stuff, why do raiding if it's not fun?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

I did fine when AOE was necessary or beneficial, but yeah all I have is dot layering and Psy Drain for ST. Which is fine 99% of the time, but on Monolith I think I was inadvertently tagging Fire Giants with dots because all my poo poo's AoE.

DD's ST is just so nuts that it's way better when you're up against burn phases. ICR kept saying "big hits, burn your big hits guys" and it's like... uh okay *continues to hold down Psy Drain button, dies* It was definitely nicer to be able to do max DPS from a distance on the first two bosses though.

kojicolnair posted:

Nope, everyone was super chill today. This is not the Wildstar thread. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has anyone figured out yet what the max stats are for the event uniques?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

kojicolnair posted:

The more the merrier. poo poo fits won't be tolerated and the goal is to make this fun and painless. That's it. Would love to have ya in the future. Wish ya the best on your move.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Pretty sure +/-% Crit/Brutal have zero effect on pets.

Huh, that would explain why my pets kept doing brutal strikes while I was sitting at -16% brutal rating, I just figured Gaz math made it into a 16% bonus when it went into the negatives.

Arram Daywalker posted:

That actually makes it from about a tie to a win for Shadow King's Possession.

Cho gives you ~9% crit (INT crit rating bonus and bonus 5%)

SKP (11/20) gives ~6.5% Crit / ~5% brutal strike

I used my freshly 60 SG to get some numbers, I'm looking at +180% pet damage, 30% crit chance, and 10% Brutal chance sitting in a hub.

Comparing SKP (11/20) vs Cho (5/5) because they're about the same points, SKP comes out ahead. SKP comes out way ahead if the % bonus doesn't transfer. Seems to be best to run Frigga over Hela in every case.

Did you try testing which omegas do more damage? SKP might end up with more crit duo to Cho's 5% crit -brut being bugged, but it is giving 20% pet damage from Int compared to 11 in SKP giving 11%.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 29, 2014

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

kojicolnair posted:

I horribly screwed up the second encounter and was only lightly punished. :negative:

More seriously, as long as you're even semi-intelligent then you can raid no problem.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

RatHat posted:

Has anyone figured out yet what the max stats are for the event uniques?

Fred Dawson's Hot Dog Cart
381 (X) damage rating
80 (X) spirit
187 (X) tenacity
13 (X) more credits per drop
20.7 % special item find
20.8 % rare item find
75 (X) extra xp per kill
27.7 (X) spirit, when you pick up any orb
2 (X) to current rank of all powers

Soccer Boots
17.2 % move speed
577 (X) dodge rating
1 (X) to Speed
5 % chance to become invulnerable for 5 seconds,
when you are attacked (60s cooldown)
1 (X) to current rank of all powers

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Boots can get up to 3 speed

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
XarextheBoss
HereticLovesMidtown

new codes

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

MusketThumb would like to raid, ideally a group will be able to start rolling at night because I'm just not dependable in the afternoon/during the day.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Reminder: Last day of Steam Sale for the Marvel packs and I have bought quite a few packs for future competitions and gifting. Personally, I'll be using a Wolferine, 2 Hawkeyes and 2 Black Widow Packs for some upcoming competitions.

If you got goon friends and want to give 'em something other than Herpes, I highly recommend some cheap packs.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Eiffel On You posted:

If you got goon friends and want to give 'em Herpes, I highly recommend some cheap packs.

So I should buy all of my friends Hawkeye packs? :haw:

e: vvv I was making a joke and teasing ICR and I bought myself a Hawkeye pack this sale. :shobon:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tsurupettan posted:

So I should buy all of my friends Hawkeye packs? :haw:

Hawkeye is actually a fairly fun character with solid DPS so sure go crazy.

Arram Daywalker
Sep 30, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Did you try testing which omegas do more damage? SKP might end up with more crit duo to Cho's 5% crit -brut being bugged, but it is giving 20% pet damage from Int compared to 11 in SKP giving 11%.

Basically I compared the difference between: 20% pet damage, 9% crit, and -25% brutal strike to 11% pet damage, 6.5% Crit, and 5% brutal strike. With my gear, SKP does more damage by reasonable amount. I haven't actually made it into any models or anything because I'm lazy so there may be some cross over points in pet dmg / crit chance that would make me wrong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Afraid of Audio posted:

Hawkeye is actually a fairly fun character with solid DPS so sure go crazy.

But he's still Hawkeye.

Unless he's Kate, of course.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Hawkguy is the worst and Hawkette is the best

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Is there any point in prestiging a character other than for the name-color change? I get liking a character, but so much so that you repeat the experience 5 times?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Noonsa posted:

Is there any point in prestiging a character other than for the name-color change? I get liking a character, but so much so that you repeat the experience 5 times?

You get a free standard costume usable in the costume grinder.

You can also brag.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Kode

MakeRawrNotWar

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MotU posted:

Hawkguy is the worst and Hawkette is the best

Hawkette is a filthy dog thief.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Anyone have any tips for leveling Rocket Raccoon? I picked him as my first character (bought two others since it was bogo, ugh..), and things to go pretty slow for him, but I could definitely be doing something wrong.

Arram Daywalker
Sep 30, 2013
Rockets kit right now is kinda of a mess. I'd honestly wait for his rework later this summer.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Rocket Raccoon is the only hero I've been absolutely turned off by. He is clunky as hell and his turrets are garbage.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
If you absolutely must play Rocket, then Groot is your friend.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

kaujot posted:

Anyone have any tips for leveling Rocket Raccoon? I picked him as my first character (bought two others since it was bogo, ugh..), and things to go pretty slow for him, but I could definitely be doing something wrong.

Dont' listen to the haters, Rocket is very good while leveling his issues mostly come into play when trying out the powers I dont mention below, and for high level end-game stuff like 60's X-Def and Cosmic Terminals.

It's been a while since i've leveled Rocket, but maxing

Quickshot
Groot
Personal Def Screen
Energy Barrage for single targets
BFG
Procynoid Senses
Wily Scavenger

for leveling, with 1 point in each turret, 1 in gravity mine, 1 in timely recovery.

Itemize for Energy Damage and Health, pet damage artifacts and uniques when you get them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah Rocket is just kind of painful until you get BFG, then he's fine, if a bit clunky.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Those turrets make the most god drat annoying sounds to the point i hate even being near rockets.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Rocket Raccoon is my husband, and I love to kiss him on the mouth.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

Rocket Raccoon is my husband, and I love to kiss him on the mouth.

l-leowyld-sama?

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 30, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I haven't seen that GOTG footage before

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Ajax posted:

I haven't seen that GOTG footage before

Action Roll!

Also: Gazillion has made threads in a bunch of the various Hero subforums asking for new feedback about how heroes are playing right now and what changes and costumes you'd like to see for them in the future.

So far i've seen:
Spider-Man
Hawkeye
Psylocke
Luke Cage
Invisible Woman
Ms. Marvel

quote:

The Questions:

[1] What are your favorite things about the hero currently - stuff you want us to keep the same?

[2] What build(s) do you currently prefer?

[3] Which powers do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

[4] Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the hero? (Also post these in Hero Bug section)

[5] What costumes would you most like to see for the hero (top 3 only)?

[6] What type of itemization do you use?

[7] Would you like to see any new item types added to support certain styles? (be very specific)

[8] What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the hero in the next few patches?

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 30, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Guys, remeber its Star-Lord, NOT Starlord. Anyone who gets this wrong WILL be shot immediately.
:commissar:
Thank you.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zeike posted:

Guys, remeber its Star-Lord, NOT Starlord. Anyone who gets this wrong WILL be shot immediately.
:commissar:
Thank you.

Who?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Starlord

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Ajax posted:

Starlord

Imagine just how many people are going to try to make that joke by the time the movie comes out Arrg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I am shocked that you think someone would run a joke into the ground in this of all threads.

• Locked thread