Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yea i should have made clearer that that list is totally not for DW. Four stores in particular jumps from the easiest mission in the game to pretty loving hard.

Zaphod42 posted:

Why do you list Ukranian job as easier than Jewelry store, out of curiosity?

I mean they're the same, but if anything isn't Ukranian supposed to be harder?

I guess grabbing one tiara is easier than lugging a ton of bags, but there's more cops and poo poo on Ukranian job.

Bingo, note that all of my "easy" missions are bagless. And Hard Jewelry should have about as many cops as Hard Ukrainian, you just can't do Ukrainian on normal. That's also the only time i put the pro and non pro versions for the same on there, and it's because of how much easier the tiara makes things.

Oh and Ukrainian has the shutters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tulip posted:

God drat i am so hyped for the DLC i can't even believe it this is going to rule so loving much i love shotguns.

This was from way earlier, but it does bear discussion.

The simplest way to think of the curve for missions is "Vlad Easy, Elephant Hard, Hector in between, Bain all over the place." The fact that Bain has like half the missions does complicate this. Some missions vary significantly, Rats in particular is very very easy if you do a no-cook and very very hard if you do a full cook (i'm going to assume a 4 cook, which is average for my group). Here's my rough list for jobs in ascending order of difficulty within a given level of risk (and assuming you are far less than perfect at stealth for everything but 4 stores):

Easy:
Fourstores (except on DW)
Mallcrashers
Ukrainian Job

Medium:
Jewelry Store
Bank (ignoring deposit boxes)
Diamond Store
Night Club
Escapes
Bank (while doing deposits)

Challenging:
Transport: Underpass/Harbor
Election Day
Transport: Other (i think Downtown is the hardest by far but opinions seem to vary)
Watchdogs
Firestarter
Big Oil

Hard:
Rats (~4 cook; if doing a no-cook it'd drop down to 'normal,' full cook is much harder but there aren't that many more missions to compare it to)
Big Bank
E: Train (forgot it first time)
Framing Frame

I hate these maps too much to give them a fair hearing:
GO Bank
Shadow Raid

Use C4 on day 2, you'll fly through it AND have a full set of primary weapons. Though SAW is diminishingly close to being as good.

I'd list Shadowraid under "Challenging" or "Hard" myself, but I run with a team that has loving trivialized it. Now if Shadowraid had a Pro version I'd fully agree with you because gently caress that noise, we still gently caress up 2 out of 3 times due to desync, ladders or bad luck.

After the stealth changes I'd fully consider Framing Frame (especially pro) to go into the "I get too mad to properly rate this challenge" category though.

And yeah, Firestarter Day 2 is where C4 shines. As the team's explosives expert my route is generally: run to evidence room, shoot lock, check for loot and slap a charge on the grate if needed, run to server room (team mates should have found it by now) blow doors, drill security shutter. We're generally gone by the 2nd or 3rd assault.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I've been running a lot of jewelry store for fast stealth XP or courier packages, so that's good to know :) Although I've switched to running diamond store for the bigger bonus.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Alkydere posted:

I'd list Shadowraid under "Challenging" or "Hard" myself, but I run with a team that has loving trivialized it. Now if Shadowraid had a Pro version I'd fully agree with you because gently caress that noise, we still gently caress up 2 out of 3 times due to desync, ladders or bad luck.

After the stealth changes I'd fully consider Framing Frame (especially pro) to go into the "I get too mad to properly rate this challenge" category though.
I only do loud Framing Frame. It's hard as hell and the payout isn't that good, but it's actually doable and not completely insane.

Part of the trouble with Shadow Raid (and GO Bank) is my ratings are largely based on going loud. Stealth running things is often very RNG dependent, and require a great deal of familiarity with the map (and my list was kind of intended for new players to try to figure out which mission they should try next based on how hard their last one was). I simply don't really know how to rate stealth difficulty, since like half of the stealth runs i do successfully* are done with the team at 75 detection and our only silenced weapon being a Thanatos and usually involve us being completely baffled.

*Excluding Diamond. Diamond we've got down to an exact science.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Shootingblanks and me were both talking about it when we were shooting cops this morning, are they going have you reload the Striker in a realistic plainfully long manner or are they going do what every game with the striker does and 'put round in hole, round automatically chambers'?

In case you're wondering, this is how you reload it. http://youtu.be/Uoy14h6K5TY?t=2m57s

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 2, 2014

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I still haven't done a proper Framing Frame loud (it was only on Very Hard), but I loving hate GO Bank because that tiny building is so exposed, and if the bank vault is completely out in the open there's only one place to hold up there. Cops also steal bags back pretty easily from the loot cage unless you get a roof spawn. Basically gently caress GO Bank.

The new shotguns look identical to the IZHMA and Reinfeld stats wise. From the site descriptions it doesn't sound like there are new mods compatible with the old guns, besides maybe frag rounds.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
So I noticed when I'm zoomed in with a sniper rifle that my reticle kind of snaps to the next invisible point when moving it, and I believe that is a DPI issue but I'm not really sure because I've never given much serious thought to that sort of thing. However, this issue is annoying me enough that I would like to know if there is a way to fix it. I thought bumping up the DPI in the mouse control panel and decreasing windows pointer speed would give me more dots while maintaining my previous aiming speed so it would be smoother but no that didnt happen at all.

Oh god this wasn't supposed to be that complicated:

"Mouse aiming snaps to invisible dots on a grid. Why?? please help"

There.

EDIT:Never mind I figured it out. turning down aiming and look sensitivity completely in the options menu fixed it.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 2, 2014

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Back Hack posted:

Shootingblanks and me were both talking about it when we were shooting cops this morning, are they going have you reload the gun in a realistic plainfully long manner or are they going do what every game with the striker does and 'put round in hole, round automatically chambers'?

In case you're wondering, this is how you reload it. http://youtu.be/Uoy14h6K5TY?t=2m57s

So I've seen a few youtube videos of dudes showing off guns and how they work, but this is the first one I've seen where the guy is just "Yeah this gun is a piece of garbage, here's everything that sucks about it." I love it.

Also I like that the textdump in the video info says that this weapon is basically rendered obsolete by the Saiga-12. :allears:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fellis posted:

Absolutely. There are a couple of variations on it but that is a good start for an all-rounder shooter/medic with a bit of stealth utility. If you wanted a pure loud build you could drop the Ace spotter, if you don't want to use shotguns you could drop those skills, etc. Infamy levels can also change the build slightly because you can skim on points here and there. I'd share the builds with you but Paydayskills.info seems to be down right now.

When it is up, I made a modified skill tree to account for full infamy levels http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/infamy-265/
Aha, got ya. I don't think I'll go with shotguns since I weapons that are mid-long range. Either way, when pd2skills decides to cooperate with me and let me save my builds, I'll post here two builds I'm deciding between - I've yet to gather with my friends to discuss whether if I should prioritise Enforcer or Ghost as Mastermind's offclass.

So far, contrary to everything I predicted about Payday 2, I really enjoy the game. It can actually even be challenging - it took me and my friend, as well as some random Australian pubbie who was literally The One Pubbie To Rule Them All (Read: Skilled and mature.), around an hour and a half to stealthily complete the Framing Frame job on the Death Wish difficulty.

I guess I should spent some money for at least these Gage DLCs (since said friend has Big Bank DLC). Mod achieving in Payday 2 is like the second coming of RNGesus.

Edit: i spel gud

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 2, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Geight posted:

So I've seen a few youtube videos of dudes showing off guns and how they work, but this is the first one I've seen where the guy is just "Yeah this gun is a piece of garbage, here's everything that sucks about it." I love it.

Also I like that the textdump in the video info says that this weapon is basically rendered obsolete by the Saiga-12. :allears:

Apparently the big issue with nearly every single problem in that video was that the "Street Sweeper" is an American knockoff of the Striker. The original being a half-decent weapon and the American version being a giant pile of poo poo. In short, the textdump is really amazing in conjunction with the video.

That being said, the Striker/Street Sweeper is one of the most hilarious weapons in games because no two games animate it being reloaded the same way. Honestly on all versions the spring-loaded magazine system seems to be a bigger hindrance than a boon. In an actual combat situation just having extra drum-magazines on your belt seems more useful than having a spring-fed magazine you have to reload shot by shot with loose shells from your pocket.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to love killing cops in payday 2 with one.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 2, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Back Hack posted:

Shootingblanks and me were both talking about it when we were shooting cops this morning, are they going have you reload the Striker in a realistic plainfully long manner or are they going do what every game with the striker does and 'put round in hole, round automatically chambers'?

Is there no way to change out the drum for a whole new mag? I figure that's how they'd do it, and just make the animation for changing drums take a long time.

But I guess you can't really change the drum on a street sweeper, eh? So then yeah, you'd have to load them individually. For a shotgun that isn't unheard of in games though.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Back Hack posted:

Shootingblanks and me were both talking about it when we were shooting cops this morning, are they going have you reload the gun in a realistic plainfully long manner or are they going do what every game with the striker does and 'put round in hole, round automatically chambers'?

Him having to rewind the cylinder to continue ejecting shells was pretty much the most hilarious mechanical setup I've seen. I'd love to animate that.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zaphod42 posted:

Is there no way to change out the drum for a whole new mag? I figure that's how they'd do it, and just make the animation for changing drums take a long time.

But I guess you can't really change the drum on a street sweeper, eh? So then yeah, you'd have to load them individually. For a shotgun that isn't unheard of in games though.

The gun is like a giant double action revolver and the drum is like the cylinder. There's tons of mechanical stuff going on in there and it's all intertwined with the trigger mechanism.

Edit: actually they explain it better in the video, but yeah the street sweeper is a hilarious gun

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 2, 2014

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Apparently the big issue with nearly every single problem in that video was that the "Street Sweeper" is an American knockoff of the Striker. The original being a half-decent weapon and the American version being a giant pile of poo poo. In short, the textdump is really amazing in conjunction with the video.

There is no :airquote:improved:airquote: version of the gun; all they did was remove the loading port/plate and added a deflection plate so the round doesn't hit you in the hand when it comes flying out. It's still a poo poo gun. :ssh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

The gun is like a giant double action revolver and the drum is like the cylinder. There's tons of mechanical stuff going on in there and it's all intertwined with the trigger mechanism.

Edit: actually they explain it better in the video, but yeah the street sweeper is a hilarious gun

So what you need is a giant drum-sized slug speedloader? :haw: (I know, the existing design wouldn't work that way)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zaphod42 posted:

So what you need is a giant drum-sized slug speedloader? :haw: (I know, the existing design wouldn't work that way)

I want to see a break-action Street Sweeper with speedloaders. You'll need one person to hold the gun open, one to steady the loader over the cylinder with both hands, and one to press the shell release.

Hold [F] to help your teammate reload

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

They had them in Borderlands

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Baiard posted:

Him having to rewind the cylinder to continue ejecting shells was pretty much the most hilarious mechanical setup I've seen. I'd love to animate that.

Hold F to Wind Magazine

"Who sold us this gun, the cops?"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Most single day stealthable missions are easy as poo poo regardless of difficulty with the exception of Big Bank. Four Stores requires a bit more effort on deathwish but it's not that bad especially if you can chain ECM's long enough to kill the cameras.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that I'm not obscenely hype about shotguns. I was Loco Techforcer Prime for the entire time I played before GO Bank (took a break between December and March) but I haven't been pumped (heh) about shotguns since I went Infamy. I think this is at least in part because I'm using the poo poo out of assault rifles and the Kobus 90 now. I was never able to take out Bulldozers reliably with the Loco even if I had Overkill active, the Kobus 90 ends that problem forever.

So basically what I'm saying is I despise fun in all of its forms.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I want this version of the Streetsweeper in the game - the "Ladie's Home Companion" (actually its real name): http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/1788

That poo poo is TINY. It's a reduced calibur-version that's almost pistol-sized. And it looks like there's no foregrip at all, you just hold the drat vented barrel...!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Back Hack posted:

I really hope so because having to take like 30 seconds to reload the drat thing in BF4 was unironically the best thing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Back Hack posted:

There is no :airquote:improved:airquote: version of the gun; all they did was remove the loading port/plate and added a deflection plate so the round doesn't hit you in the hand when it comes flying out. It's still a poo poo gun. :ssh:

Hah, really?

Honestly, actually seeing a video of a real/non-video game one, I'm not surprised at all. As I said, rewinding and reloading that gun under fire looks like it would be the worst thing in real life.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I want this version of the Streetsweeper in the game - the "Ladie's Home Companion" (actually its real name): http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/1788

That poo poo is TINY. It's a reduced calibur-version that's almost pistol-sized. And it looks like there's no foregrip at all, you just hold the drat vented barrel...!

That looks like a good way to get burns. :stare:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

The DLC sight says it takes a lot longer to reload than a normal shotgun so I assume at best we'll have a manual feed same as the Reinfeld and Loco. At worst it'll be the whole load and wind ordeal, which I think is more likely. I doubt that shells will have to be manually ejected.

It'll probably be a good OH poo poo! tool with a deep mag, but poor sustained fighting ability which is fine for a secondary.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 2, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's not a vent, that's a heat shield. Still not a bright idea to be holding onto it, though, but it's designed to keep you from touching the barrel itself, which will actually be hot.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Shima Honnou posted:

That's not a vent, that's a heat shield. Still not a bright idea to be holding onto it, though, but it's designed to keep you from touching the barrel itself, which will actually be hot.

Yeah, I figured as much, I just didn't know the term for it. But it's hilarious they they totally built a shotgun without any sort of forward grip.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo the street sweeper is loving garbage irl hahah.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I asked the group I was playing with if they would do framing frame since I've never stealthed it

I made the worst mistake

:negative:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
so what are the best options for preplanning stealth in Big Bank? I've yet to actually do it - I know poison cake is one of them but my regular group lacks inside man (so far)

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Anyone who is on the fence about, doesn't care about, or doesn't like X thing about HoxHud know this:

It fixes the damage direction indicator. If you want to disable every other thing in it including the cheaty enemy HP circle you can open up the .lua and find a well commented list of what everything does. Knowing exactly where the shots are coming from may make it less like Dark Souls (:downsrim:) but it is the best QoL change of all of them.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Bus Stop or bust :colbert:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

clockworkjoe posted:

so what are the best options for preplanning stealth in Big Bank? I've yet to actually do it - I know poison cake is one of them but my regular group lacks inside man (so far)

Stealth:
  • Poisoned cake: Removes a guard from play. He's still on site but too busy puking to do his job unless you enter the room he's busy being sick in
  • Key card: makes removing the motion sensors easier)
  • Unlocked door: opens the garage door next to the Mystery Machine. In stealth you unload your stolen goods/escape at the getaway van.
  • Lots of body bags on the roof: you can buy as many sets of body bags as you have money/favors to spend.

Loud:
  • Bus Stop or Elevator Trick. The default escape involves carrying EVERYTHING back to the roof in the front for a helicopter escape. C4 Tunneling involves a gauntlet of infinitely respawning snipers. Bus Stop is the easier of the two with more cover, and is also the more awesome of the two good options.
  • Ammo/Medbags in the front. Ideally you'll use your deployable assets when you're in/near the vault, but before then you do have to deploy the pig and get through the time lock. To avoid burning your deployables early, buy either ammo or medical bags and place them where you can get to them in the front lobby.

I haven't had enough trouble with The Beast to justify buying the Thermite Drill. Honestly, it's an interesting idea as it means you don't have deploy the pig under sniper fire and you have a drill that's guaranteed to not waste time breaking, but its too expensive to get both the Thermite Drill and a non-poo poo escape.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I've always been curious if good auto-turrets can make the c4 escape a bit less painful. I don't know their range, or how long they can fire fully-upgraded, so I've just wondered.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Plan Z posted:

I've always been curious if good auto-turrets can make the c4 escape a bit less painful. I don't know their range, or how long they can fire fully-upgraded, so I've just wondered.

I'm sure they would help, but more to keep the cops in the interior away, so players can focus on the snipers and bag throwing, but I have done the c4 escape once, and that was enough. There's literally no reason to get anything other than the bus for a loud job since they all cost the same. If the C4 escape was 2 favors, it would be worth it, but that sniper alley is crazy, even on normal.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I don't think the C4 is so bad, but the Bus is so unbelievably good it's hard to compete. If you could take Thermite + C4 it would be competitive.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I've had luck on the c4 countersniping, you just have to aim for the struts and the penetration'll kill them.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Tulip posted:

I don't think the C4 is so bad, but the Bus is so unbelievably good it's hard to compete. If you could take Thermite + C4 it would be competitive.

Pretty much. Elevator Trick is almost as good but it doesn't have as much cover (your exit's in the middle of the bank's rear lobby) and could probably be worth 1 or 2 favors less than Bus Stop. C4 trick should only be worth 2-3 favors really though, holy poo poo is that painful as you've got 4 windows each with a queue of snipers behind them, waiting for their turn to shoot at you/be shot. The only advantage C4 Tunneling has is that you don't have to drag the loot through the bank before getting shot at by all the snipers like with the default airlift.

But the bus is soooo good. Short trip + lots of cover + car loading zone/exfiltration point with no cop spawns in it.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 3, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The Bus Stop escape should probably be nerfed so that you have to wait awhile for the bus (as in minutes, like an escape driver). It's really a no-brainer option right now, and that's poor balance.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Back Hack posted:

Allegedly there's a version of the Sentinel Arms Striker-12 that has the auto-ejection from the Protecta, but the wind-up drum from the original Striker, but man trying to find info on that is pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

The favor system needs a lot of tweaking and I hope they're doing it. Costs are weird, and the limit feels awfully low to me.

edit: I words good

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 3, 2014

• Locked thread