Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

huh, we somehow let the goddam Dragons put 24 on us.

At least the Broncos lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Can we upgrade the thread title in recognition of Carney's latest achievement?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Rugby League 2014: Ask about our peptide recycling regime

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

fuckpot posted:

Can we upgrade the thread title in recognition of Carney's latest achievement?

I dunno, I think the current title works perfectly for Carney's latest achievement.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

Joel Monaghan was photographed with his dick in a dog's mouth and got a Superleague contract, and he's nowhere near the player Carney is.

Look at that sentence, goddamn it's embarrassing to be a league fan sometimes.

yeah as pocket billiards said immediately after this, the pissing in his mouth thing is peanuts, clubs would be all over him like a rash if that was the only issue, but superleague clubs won't attempt to fight the RFL over the criminality thing. We do have some standards. lol.

spamman posted:

Craig Gower always had the best entry:

the best bit about this is how much stuff he had to do before they bothered ejecting him.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

stickyfngrdboy posted:

the best bit about this is how much stuff he had to do before they bothered ejecting him.
Boys will be boys, just blowing off a little steam :barf:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Julian O'Neill's antics are up there with Gower.

Though I never read about his life until now. I can't condone immolating a teenage team mascot or defecating in shoes, but dude's has some tragedy in his life.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Craig Gowers "Bucks Week", a proto bogan on roids

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yessss welcome to the Knights Tariq

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQMI6xatBA
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMyhIIf750

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

So I heard the Sharks signed Storm half Ben Hampton. Can anyone comment on how good/bad he is?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seemed alright to me, probably won't drink his own pee

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Dude can drink as much pee as he wants (in secret) if he can fill Todd Carney's shoes

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He was supposed to replace Widdop, but I didn't see anything special in him. I'm surprised they let him walk, that seems to imply they're comfortable with Ben Roberts starting at 6 for the rest of the season.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Cody Walker should be back from injury soon too, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the 6.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Ben Hampton signing is just in the rumour mill at the moment, so not sure how quickly the movement is going to be if at all

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Could someone please explain the shoulder charge rule to Gould.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Lacklustre Hero posted:

Ben Hampton signing is just in the rumour mill at the moment, so not sure how quickly the movement is going to be if at all

Mid season transfer deadline is June 30 so must be for next season if it happens.

Jono C posted:

He knws exactly what the rule is, he chooses to ignore it because it suits him to be a populist blowhard and ignore the rules so he can bitch and moan. The rule is dumb as gently caress though in terms of preventing dangerous contact.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Enjoying watching the Dogs play

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Enjoying watching the Dogs play

I quite enjoy seeing Manly players getting clobbered too

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

I quite enjoy seeing Manly players getting clobbered too
it was implied

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

I assume someone hit someone without using their arms but not in the head and he lost it again?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

I assume someone hit someone without using their arms but not in the head and he lost it again?

Yes, it was an obvious shoulder charge to the chest and he gave his usual response of "I don't think that's a penalty."

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

T-Rex in the halves has been a lot of fun.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Is it acceptable to like the Bulldogs?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It was refreshing to see Manly get hosed over by a terrible call by a ref for a change

Mollsmolyneux
Feb 7, 2008

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched "Star Trek?"
Good Lord
For any Brits, Coventry Bears confirmed to be joining the semi-pro Championship 1 next year.

http://www.rugbyleaguechampionships.co.uk/article/39601/coventry-bears-to-enter-championship

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The Butts Park Arena is both a fine venue and it has a quite amusing name. What more do you need for a semi-professional club?

I'm just happy that them joining NCL 3 didn't lead to bullshit for everyone involved, as quite a few doom-mongers were predicting. Not sure where the players are going to come from, but then nobody was sure where the players were going to come from last time they moved up a level either.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Auditore posted:

I like them

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The doggies are the peoples team of Sydney.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Auditore posted:

Their cuntiness factor plumetted when Anasta and Mason moved on. I don't really have a problem with them, although there have been a few things recently which are of slight concern.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My whole family except parents and a couple of rogue uncles are Doggies supporters since way back

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I see the cows keep up their perfect away record.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Sharks looking like they're gonna do the same to the Roosters as they did to the Broncos :munch:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Sharks looking like they're gonna do the same to the Roosters as they did to the Broncos :munch:

What the gently caress just happened? I watched the last 20, the Roosters couldn't catch a bomb or finish a set.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving useless tigers.

It's bad that the autocorrect in my phone nowadays suggests "tigers" after "useless".

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

loving useless tigers.

It's bad that the autocorrect in my phone nowadays suggests "tigers" after "useless".

Why bad? Seems like a useful and time-saving feature to me.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

For an elite player Sam Burgess drops a fuckload of ball and concedes way too many penalties.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Good thing we don't pay him an elite player salary.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

For an elite player Sam Burgess drops a fuckload of ball and concedes way too many penalties.
He is a great player, I would love to have him at the Knights. The good far far outweighs the bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Penalty for being knocked out under the play of the ball :drat:

• Locked thread