Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

headshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

bsafe RSA ghost

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

nsa project angryneighbor makes me think of someone getting pissed at a jerk ham operator next door... and the project invovles data exfil with RF so it kinda makes sense

even though most of them sound like bad rng names

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

nsa project angryneighbor makes me think of someone getting pissed at a jerk ham operator next door... and the project invovles data exfil with RF so it kinda makes sense

what did sneip/jonny ever do to you.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Most secret project names are literally chosen by RNG.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

read up on the battle of the beams if you want to know why

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

bsafe RSA ghost

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bsafe RSA ghost

:nsa: :nsa:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

bsafe RSA ghost

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

bsafe RSA ghost

i don't get it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Luigi Thirty posted:

read up on the battle of the beams if you want to know why

"oho, yes! our new single-transmitter radar will crush the allies. they will never be able to figure it out. Let's name it after a Norse god whose most well-known feature is his one eye."

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

British sceptics started regarding the system as proof that the German pilots were not as good as their own, who they believed could do without such systems. It was Lindemann himself who proved this wrong, when aerial reconnaissance systems started returning photographs of the RAF bombing raids, showing that they were rarely, if ever, anywhere near their targets.[12]

:britain:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

logmein's protection against brute force seems to work like this:

(5) password guesses before a 30-minute lockout.
If you only do 4 password guesses, it reverts after a couple of minutes only.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

the brits liked to bomb at night in a cowardly fashion

americans were like yo it needs to be daytime to hit this factory and know you hit it and not the school/hospital/apartment building

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

syscall girl posted:

americans were like yo it needs to be daytime to hit this factory and know you hit it and not the school/hospital/apartment building

this but both sides destroying entire german cities

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

syscall girl posted:

and that's how the american bomber force took a staggering amount of casualties relative to the destruction they caused

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theadder posted:

this but both sides destroying entire german cities

well yeah

total war is a bad idea imo

also mechanization of war

and any war that isn't just sports

we got by fine with just sports warfare for our nationalism but some people have to gently caress it up

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

and that's how the american bomber force took a staggering amount of casualties relative to the destruction they caused

:911: motherfucker

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

syscall girl posted:

iirc there was also a bunch of stuff after the allies had broken enigma and were using it to raid german supply lines etc. where the commanders were like 'they've totally broken our poo poo, we need to use new codes'

but the higher-ups didn't believe them because nobody could possibly break the mighty ciphers of the third reich

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

vOv posted:

iirc there was also a bunch of stuff after the allies had broken enigma and were using it to raid german supply lines etc. where the commanders were like 'they've totally broken our poo poo, we need to use new codes'

but the higher-ups didn't believe them because nobody could possibly break the mighty ciphers of the third reich

they (also everyone else) had a weird combination of mysticism and techno-fetishism that proved to be not a very good idea

wonder what the last thing to go through hitler's head regarding inevitable defeat by the roosians was

oh yeah

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

:haw:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

syscall girl posted:

wonder what the last thing to go through hitler's head regarding inevitable defeat by the roosians was

Your posts

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

Your posts

naw i just stole his wallet

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

syscall girl posted:

naw i just stole his wallet

Bitcoin mining was the true cause of the Third Reich's downfall.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

syscall girl posted:

they (also everyone else) had a weird combination of mysticism and techno-fetishism that proved to be not a very good idea

oh yeah

oh yeah don't forget that most of the nazi high leadership was on assloads of drugs throughout the war

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

oh yeah don't forget that most of the nazi high leadership was on assloads of drugs throughout the war

yeah but not street drugs, the legitimate kind you get from a legitimate doctor

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

no, it was street drugs, mostly meth

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

no, it was street drugs, mostly meth

menschamphetamine

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

syscall girl posted:

yeah but not street drugs, the legitimate kind you get from a legitimate doctor

there was nothing legit about what their personal doctors was mixing up for them. they'd have had their licenses revoked in germany pre nazis or most of the rest of the world at the time.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

syscall girl posted:

menschamphetamine

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

there was nothing legit about what their personal doctors was mixing up for them. they'd have had their licenses revoked in germany pre nazis or most of the rest of the world at the time.

it was a joke, nintendo kid

there was a real bad doctor famous for bad doctoring in the third reich

and also all the other ones including hitler's

and having a prescription for a mind altering substance and then abusing it but looking down your nose at people who smoke hippy lettuce or whatever is just about peak hypocrisy and there are a lot of people who still do this

nixon-handing-elvis-dea-badge.tiff

i don't know why i am getting so riled up i want to use my capslock key

AMMMMMEEEERICAAAA

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

syscall girl posted:

menschamphetamine

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

bsafe RSA ghost
lol

shameful

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
churchill was a great fan of cocaine lozenges

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

it's kinda lame that you can't buy poo poo like that anymore. Actual candy cocaine, opium tincture, ether cocktails, all kinds of marijuana preparations etc...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
quaaludes :/

On a related note, Wolf of Wall Street owned.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

quaaludes :/

On a related note, Wolf of Wall Street owned.

my fave part was when leo didn't want to die sober on his sinking yacht and told jonah hill to GET THE loving LUUDES!!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

that movie made me want to try quaaludes more than ever

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the car scene was the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Last Chance posted:

my fave part was when leo didn't want to die sober on his sinking yacht and told jonah hill to GET THE loving LUUDES!!!

I just can't imagine owning a 170ft yacht and sinking it in the Mediterranean. loving awesome imo.

• Locked thread