Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't think BHB is right, but I don't think his posts are bad per se, I just disagree with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

CCKeane posted:

Voting capps is last and dumb imo. It is a move of the lazy and dumb.

I am thusly surprised that Jammuraan isn't voting him.

I've been reading but not posting because I'm sick in bed with food poisoning :(

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

CCKeane posted:

Okay so I don't know who is new anymore but check this post out guys.

Check. It. Out.

##unvote
It is a bad post.
I agree with what you're saying here, but why the unvote?

Barehanded Brother posted:

Anyways I still think ardulac is scummy even after his post-haiku backtracking - "hey, whoa, I didn't say lynch, just, here are some reasons for getting rid of millers, just in case the vig was a lie". His post looks reasonable on its face, but to me it sounds like laying down some trackwork for a miller lynch train come the D1 deadline scramble.
Accusing me of backtracking for explaining the distinction between what I actually said and what I never said and then attacking me for something you expect me to do in the future. Classy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

I've been reading but not posting because I'm sick in bed with food poisoning :(

So you are full of poo poo literally instead of just figuratively.

Arcugrinder: It isn't sporting to vote new players.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Arcugrinder: It isn't sporting to vote new players.
I agree. I didn't understand that that was your reason for unvoting.

Ignoring the new people, my current picks are ##Vote BHB > Juanito.

BHB for:

I hate scumclaiming with a fiery passion and if we have to reinstate Kill Capps Month for him and his lol2edgy4u postalikes then so be it. ##vote mr. capps

Anyways I still think ardulac is scummy even after his post-haiku backtracking - "hey, whoa, I didn't say lynch, just, here are some reasons for getting rid of millers, just in case the vig was a lie". His post looks reasonable on its face, but to me it sounds like laying down some trackwork for a miller lynch train come the D1 deadline scramble.

Also I thought Skinty McEdger's almost-haiku was funny so I won't vote him. Keane is a wildcard but going after a newbie on a trumped-up charge is...unsettling.
this horrible post. I already addressed the trumped up case against me, but he also engages in a policy lynch and gives two different defenses of Skinty. Oh, and his only other post since the game started was a single line post to vote me for his initial stupid reason. That makes his doubling down on the case on me just seem like Scum not wanting to appear wishy washy.

Juanito for posting a lot without saying much of anything. Most of his votes are :bandwagon:s without any commentary and his other posts are mostly just jokes that are unrelated to the content of the game.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I've voted for most people in the game, got no excuses. When I see a bandwagon I like, I hop on it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito, straight up, it's me. Are you a bad guy here?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I hate scumclaiming with a fiery passion and if we have to reinstate Kill Capps Month for him and his lol2edgy4u postalikes then so be it. ##vote mr. capps

Also I thought Skinty McEdger's almost-haiku was funny so I won't vote him. Keane is a wildcard but going after a newbie on a trumped-up charge is...unsettling.

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

Juanito, straight up, it's me. Are you a bad guy here?

Nope. If I were, I'd probably be more careful about throwing my vote around.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

You're right, I don't care if capps is scum, I'm just sick of scumclaiming being given a pass. People choose to scumclaim either because a) they're town and think they're being hilarious to the detriment of anyone who would like to trust them or anything they say further on in the game, or b) they're scum who want to skate by on the assumption that no scum would actually claim scum for any reason, and further want to rub it in town's faces if they survive to win. Either reason is stupid and makes the game not fun to play, and I always have and always will policyvote scum claimers for both of those reasons until it disappears in SA mafia.

As for why I explained my case on Ardulac more than my vote on capps, well, I actually have a case on Ardulac, who's now voted me partly because I policy voted, which is deeply ironic given that his only content this game prior to that post has been to advocate and defend his position on "killing" millers. Now he's voting someone else because Keane more or less told him to stop voting newbies, and the best he could come up with was an OMGUS and a weak case on Juanito that could describe pretty much half of the players in D1 of this (or really any) game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

You're right, I don't care if capps is scum, I'm just sick of scumclaiming being given a pass. People choose to scumclaim either because a) they're town and think they're being hilarious to the detriment of anyone who would like to trust them or anything they say further on in the game, or b) they're scum who want to skate by on the assumption that no scum would actually claim scum for any reason, and further want to rub it in town's faces if they survive to win. Either reason is stupid and makes the game not fun to play, and I always have and always will policyvote scum claimers for both of those reasons until it disappears in SA mafia.

hilarious

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
alright guys so we have a bar set for stupidest post in the game lets try not to go any lower

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

mr.capps posted:

alright guys so we have a bar set for stupidest post in the game lets try not to go any lower

##vote capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hi jam

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you realize you have no excuse for that right

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

mr.capps (5): Juanito, Opopanax, Asiina, Barehanded Brother, Jamuraan
Barehanded Brother (2): Ardulac, fiery_valkyrie
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Ardulac (1): Barehanded Brother, greatZebu, Juanito, Juanito, mr.capps, greatZebu, Barehanded Brother
CCKeane (1): Skinty McEdger
Skinty McEdger (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
Asiina (0): mr.capps, Juanito, Juanito, mr.capps, mr.capps, mr.capps

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, greatZebu, Hal Incandenza

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 12 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like Barehanded Baby

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I agree that Scum claiming is obnoxious, but policy lynching is bad.

quote:

As for why I explained my case on Ardulac more than my vote on capps, well, I actually have a case on Ardulac, who's now voted me partly because I policy voted, which is deeply ironic given that his only content this game prior to that post has been to advocate and defend his position on "killing" millers. Now he's voting someone else because Keane more or less told him to stop voting newbies, and the best he could come up with was an OMGUS and a weak case on Juanito that could describe pretty much half of the players in D1 of this (or really any) game.
You are comically bad at reading my posts. I already explained the difference between lynches and Vigs, and I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be able to see the distinction or at least understand why someone would make it. Keane also didn't tell me to stop voting newbies, I had already said I don't vote new people on Day 1. Keane just pointed out that that was the reason she unvoted when I asked her. My case may be an OMGUS, but your posts just reek of awkwardness and nothing else is leaping out at me.

We're less than 11 hours from the deadline, so I'm hoping we'll see a little more activity. The Capps lynch seems bad and most of the people on it have given no explanation for their votes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opop is scum hth

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nuh uh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Eh gently caress it.

##vote: Ardulac

Capps seems legit weeeeee

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507&userid=122340

Read this, thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Touche, I'll bite.

##vote: Opop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i believe in opop
he may be scum
but i belive he will always do the right thing so i am sticking with arc

opop
is a good guy in heart

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, that's pretty long. Do I have to read it all?

I really wanted to stay in jokephase for all of D1 but this D1 is taking forever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I dunno, that's pretty long. Do I have to read it all?

I really wanted to stay in jokephase for all of D1 but this D1 is taking forever.

its about to be over in 12 hours, i'll probably die due to the low momentum of this game even though most of the votes on me are joke votes.

:shrug:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

its about to be over in 12 hours, i'll probably die due to the low momentum of this game even though most of the votes on me are joke votes.

:shrug:

It's true and while I would have liked to turbo you because of my dream and the fact that you don't like horses, it seems that window has passed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I tried to go back and read BHB, but he's only made 4 posts.

People should post more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey guys, I know this game's had a slow start which I imagine is cause of July 4th weekend so I'm offering a deadline extension. If you want me to add 24 hours send me a PM and if I get three PMs I'll extend it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No don't, there's plenty of time. Get your poo poo together people!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna ##vote dat opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You know a case is solid when you can't even come up with anything and just link my history

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

You know a case is solid when you can't even come up with anything and just link my history

will you vote arc with me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mr.capps posted:

will you vote arc with me?

I don't know, why?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Opop has posted nothing while attempting to make it look like he is posting something

After only two votes against he is complaining about it

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Rarity posted:

Hey guys, I know this game's had a slow start which I imagine is cause of July 4th weekend so I'm offering a deadline extension. If you want me to add 24 hours send me a PM and if I get three PMs I'll extend it.

Extending the deadline probably wouldn't do anything to pick up the pace, at this point we probably all need a little more urgency to our posting anyway.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm gonna ##vote dat opop

What's the Opop case; that he's not posted next to no content, and just slipped in a vote on the vote leader without any comment or engagement?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

I don't know, why?

capptution

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Extending the deadline probably wouldn't do anything to pick up the pace, at this point we probably all need a little more urgency to our posting anyway.

What's the Opop case; that he's not posted next to no content, and just slipped in a vote on the vote leader without any comment or engagement?

Yeah

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BHB has made 4 posts and 3 of them are weird and scummy.

##vote BHB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Capps bandwagon is poo poo come vote opop

• Locked thread