Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Austrian mook posted:

Is there a comic that got better after focusing on longer stories?

Order of the Stick got much better once it stopped being a D&D-gag-a-week comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
OK, Whomp suicide-themed comics might be my favorite comics.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Whybird posted:

Order of the Stick got much better once it stopped being a D&D-gag-a-week comic.

I've got a friend who keeps pestering me to read Oots, but I just can't do it. That thing is more :words: than CAD.

Anyways, new Manly

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Austrian mook posted:

Sam and Fuzzy got a lot better as it moved away from joke a day strips.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Jack of Hearts posted:

So that's why it's called Whomp.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Nastyman posted:

I've got a friend who keeps pestering me to read Oots, but I just can't do it. That thing is more :words: than CAD.

It's not terrible for what it is. I stopped because the guy just can't keep an update schedule, but it's pretty good for archival reading during downtime.

It's very comparable to 8-Bit Theater, both being extremely verbose and nerdy comics that look really lazy at first but are actually really well thought-out. I'd say the main difference is that OotS takes itself a bit more seriously, although I'd also say 8BT is a better overall comic for entirely separate reasons.

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Breetai posted:

The dialogue in achewood is stilted deliberately oh-so-quirky crap, and has been qualitatively on par with the snarking in Questionable Content for a good half-decade.

nah

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

actually yes

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jack of Hearts posted:

quote:

Some say Runnie's replace submerged into the Earth, never to be seen again. Some say his physical form exploded into millions of twinkling sparkles that dissipated into the brisk northerly winds. Agrias says he just lie on the ground for hours making noises that seemed to crudely imitate the weeping of a certain hefty fellow.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Some say Runnie's replace submerged into the Earth, never to be seen again. Some say his physical form exploded into millions of twinkling sparkles that dissipated into the brisk northerly winds. All we know is they call him the Stig.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
whomp is weird and uncomfortable but this one made me laugh

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Minarch posted:

It really is a shame, because Onstad used to have such great comedic timing in his strips, which simply does not work with twenty panels of :words: :words: :words: He's the Dave Sim of webcomics.

I always got the impression that Onstad never really cared about appealing to what other people want from his comic, and I like that a lot about him. Dude had 13 years of consistently awesome output and now he has other poo poo to focus on. Is what it is

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Beige posted:

Whomp! minus Agrias.

20 minutes with MS paint and gently caress this poo poo.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

New Oglaf. Good Oglaf.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I know it's a day late, but, well...

I'm Canadian.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I googled Right Left Center and couldn't find an official wesbite. Can someone help me out?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
RLC was made by a right-wing webcomic creator. He got a bit angry about people making fun of some sort of pyramid scheme with "water" and deleted his website. That's an edit made by a goon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Minarch posted:

It really is a shame, because Onstad used to have such great comedic timing in his strips, which simply does not work with twenty panels of :words: :words: :words: He's the Dave Sim of webcomics.

Let's keep in mind how much of piece of poo poo Sim is outside his work before we go throwing that statement around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sestze posted:

RLC was made by a right-wing webcomic creator. He got a bit angry about people making fun of some sort of pyramid scheme with "water" and deleted his website. That's an edit made by a goon.

He also used to be a professional comic book artist but got blacklisted because of his horrible opinions. I believe he called it "pinklisted" because of his anti-gay attitude.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Radio Help posted:

I always got the impression that Onstad never really cared about appealing to what other people want from his comic, and I like that a lot about him. Dude had 13 years of consistently awesome output and now he has other poo poo to focus on. Is what it is

If he had said " Okay, I'm gonna do other things now", that would have been fine. Instead, he did a whole " I'm back this time, serisouly you guys" like 4 times. Do a couple strips on time, then longer...and longer between strips(months), until there is nothing again. Plus, he took preorders for his second cookbook, and Well, that never happened and people were not refunded their money. At one point, he tweeted that he was going to make good on it, but ahhh, that's been a couple years now and we ain't seen anything.

He got a job as a food critic in a Portland paper, left that and tried to get Achewood into animated production. Never heard anything more than a test sample reel, and now he is starting up a craft soda business! Which has been not a peep about since he announced it.

Cmon, Onstad! Get your poo poo together!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I still think he's a genius. He just has hella depression and that makes it tough to deliver 100% of the time. Achewood does seem a burden on him now and I'd love it if he tried his hand at another comic or even a novel. He has the ability.

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

He also used to be a professional comic book artist but got blacklisted because of his horrible opinions. I believe he called it "pinklisted" because of his anti-gay attitude.
I believe this is him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_S._Miller

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Sestze posted:

That's an edit made by a goon.

Oh, I thought it was actually funny there for a second. :smith:

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
One of my favorite Achewoods.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

AdorableStar posted:

Oh, I thought it was actually funny there for a second. :smith:

Just laugh at how the author blew his life savings on pyramid schemes, instead! :unsmith:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Chas McGill posted:

I still think he's a genius. He just has hella depression and that makes it tough to deliver 100% of the time. Achewood does seem a burden on him now and I'd love it if he tried his hand at another comic or even a novel. He has the ability.

It's alright, he's from circumstances.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Okay, found two good work-safe ones.

http://oglaf.com/caveat-emptor/

http://oglaf.com/deadfall/

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'm trying to find that one comic with the reddit puppet where the guy holding it is an MRA in a fedora. Anybody know it?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm trying to find that one comic with the reddit puppet where the guy holding it is an MRA in a fedora. Anybody know it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

muscles like this? posted:

He actually got hired back provided he shut the gently caress up and stay off social media. Oh and the comic they hired him for was about a gay hero because who doesn't love cruel irony?

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I like goats by Jon Rosenberg. It used to be gag a day comics but started doing extended multi week arcs which were pretty good. Then he got real ambitious and started a huge arc whereby God eaten after being dared to transform into pork chop and therefore there was nobody left to run the multiverse so it was turned into a computer simulation which had a bug in it and the heroes needed to fix it. Throw in a satanic chicken, a cyborg goldfish and a Swiss bartender to the multiverse and you've got yourself a pretty compelling, if a little offbeat, story.

Bad news was that he abandoned it before it was done. The good news is that after a successful kickstarter it will be coming back, albeit in a limited form.

https://www.goats.com for anybody that's interested.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Worksafe except for the giant cock in the banner ad, anyway.

Funny, though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Trent posted:

Worksafe except for the giant cock in the banner ad, anyway.

Funny, though.

As if the forums weren't already filled with giant cocks.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
:nws: http://38.media.tumblr.com/6b3456c2c8b63b36057fee553dce0880/tumblr_n61kk92Vg21tv5ciso1_1280.jpg :nws: because somebody whined about cartoon dong

Edit: Source

Somebody has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Jul 7, 2014

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Is the punchline "lol random" or is it "dongs"?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I read this whole thread and it was great but it was criminally lacking in Awkward Zombie

Why does Katie host her comics on Photobucket?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Slimy Hog posted:

Is the punchline "lol random" or is it "dongs"?

The punchline is it's literally a Jerk City comic but drawn by a human being and not microsoft comic creator clip art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Thanks, man :tipshat:

• Locked thread