Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Kinda OT, but what mice do you guys use? Is Razor Deathadder 2013 any good for this particular game (smallish hands, finger grip). My current one is awful and needs to be replaced.

Whatever mouse you're used to is the best one. I use the deathadder (?2012) and it's fine. Just go to a brick and mortar place and try a bunch of mice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Pick a Razer mouse that has as little buttons as possible. I recommend a Razer Abyssus (3 buttons, ambidextrous) or a Deathadder.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I keep getting this error when I play the game. I get in a server and it crashes after a minute or so.

pure server file: [game]\pak01_039.vpk does not match the server's file..

What's going on?!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The game is telling you that you should try installing a game that fits your skill level, like Audiosurf, or maybe Trine 2.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Kinda OT, but what mice do you guys use? Is Razor Deathadder 2013 any good for this particular game (smallish hands, finger grip). My current one is awful and needs to be replaced.

I play with a CM Storm Xornet and have no complaints. I claw grip though so I'm in a weird niche.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I use a death adder 2013 because it's the best mouse and run at 450dpo with a 2.1 sens because that's the pro-est combination. No mouse pad because they just get in the way and are a crutch for noobs. Optical mice don't need them either please get with the times.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The pad helps the movement to be smoother since it offers traction.

My mouse would fly on the desk.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://www.mouserug.com/p/home.html

:colbert:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I use a logitech g400s and it's probably my favorite mouse to date. I had a Razer mouse before this (I think the Imperator) and this feels more comfortable. It was also maybe half the price, so that's a plus. I don't know how it competes with other bigger Razer mice, but it seems to be pretty good.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

soggybagel posted:

I keep getting this error when I play the game. I get in a server and it crashes after a minute or so.

pure server file: [game]\pak01_039.vpk does not match the server's file..

What's going on?!

I had this happen after downloading a bunch of community maps. Go to your csgo folder and delete all the .vpk files and then get steam to verify the install and download a fresh set.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
What are the good grenade videos out there for Dust2?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That dude with a funny british accent does a couple good ones

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Texibus posted:

What are the good grenade videos out there for Dust2?

Pizza Nade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvdFGv3JiOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Pizza nade is a pretty funny video and very useful, thanks brosef.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Dirty Job posted:

Hey everyone. I've recently started playing CS:GO again after picking it up on release. I played a ton of CS years and years ago, and it's still just as fun as I remember. I've been practicing on deathmatch trying to figure out how to properly shoot things and work on my reflexes/spatial awareness and if anyone wants an extra on their team I'm around pretty frequently. My steam ID is verisimilidude. Feel free to add/message me and maybe we can play together. :)

Jump into the chat room linked in the OP for pick ups or anything related to playing cs with goons. There are players there pretty much 24/7 who will be willing to MM. However if you're already comfortable with CS you should just jump straight into goonmans.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Would I be retarded for trading my m4a1 nitro skin for an emerald pinstripe ak skin? I like the AK one more but am ignorant as to the values of each.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

VelociBacon posted:

Would I be retarded for trading my m4a1 nitro skin for an emerald pinstripe ak skin? I like the AK one more but am ignorant as to the values of each.

https://steamanalyst.com

It seems to be worth just a little more than the m4 ATM, so yes, probably a good trade.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

whoknew posted:

https://steamanalyst.com

It seems to be worth just a little more than the m4 ATM, so yes, probably a good trade.

Thanks! I got him to throw in a cheap deagle skin as well and I like the AK skin better.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Please pm me this guy's name, I have a bridge he might be interested in.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I haven't seen these posted in awhile but it's good knowledge:

Know those shots you swear you hit? You were sure that AWP shot was on point? Must have been the server?! Nah just the shitboxes.

e: looks like those are from a few patches ago and the head hitboxes have been re-worked, does anyone have the newer ones?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah shoulder shots from behind are the worst culprit.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Solution: Rifle like a man

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

I haven't seen these posted in awhile but it's good knowledge:

Know those shots you swear you hit? You were sure that AWP shot was on point? Must have been the server?! Nah just the shitboxes.

e: looks like those are from a few patches ago and the head hitboxes have been re-worked, does anyone have the newer ones?
Still better than Source and hitboxes that registered hits even when it wasn't on the model at all!

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Coleman posted:

Still better than Source and hitboxes that registered hits even when it wasn't on the model at all!

Is 1.6 the same as source? It would explain my only 1.6 game since I picked up GO. I was able to W around the map owning everyone just pointing the deagle in their general direction. Also it was a DM server full of players who ran around corners waving grenades at you, that probably helped.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

bpower posted:

Is 1.6 the same as source?

Nooooo. Source was ezmode broken for a long time before they kind of fixed the hitboxes(they're still poo poo and it still is).

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

Nooooo. Source was ezmode broken for a long time before they kind of fixed the hitboxes(they're still poo poo and it still is).

lol 1.6 had the biggest loving heads. no wonder there are so many frag videos from back then.

well, outside of maybe css

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Watch someone replace the in game models with 100% block men and become a god

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NTT posted:

Watch someone replace the in game models with 100% block men and become a god

The only way I used to be able to play CS was 400x300 software mode with high-FPS(blocks) models. Still only got about 50fps :v:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Bring back DK mode. Also paintball mode. Slappers only, complex.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Necc0 posted:

Bring back DK mode. Also paintball mode. Slappers only, complex.

Should I put this on a server? http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

No. It is complete garbage.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I hope this isn't one of those "gently caress me, not this again" subjects, but I want to talk about static crosshairs. I've just started using one after 400 hours with a dynamic. Its better for almost everything, tapping, spraying, placement. But I'm struggling with the recoil reset when bursting 4 or 5 shots. How do you know when your recoil is reset after a burst? Are you watching the gun model in the corner of your eye and waiting till it goes back to neutral?

Edit: \/\/ bollox, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Different for each gun, yeah? Super.

bpower fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 7, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You just "know" after you play for a while.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Shoulder peeks are the most cowardly thing.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
reply/edit mess

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

astr0man posted:

You just "know" after you play for a while.

I've played this fuckin game for almost 10 years and idk when my burst resets

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

bpower posted:

I hope this isn't one of those "gently caress me, not this again" subjects, but I want to talk about static crosshairs. I've just started using one after 400 hours with a dynamic. Its better for almost everything, tapping, spraying, placement. But I'm struggling with the recoil reset when bursting 4 or 5 shots. How do you know when your recoil is reset after a burst? Are you watching the gun model in the corner of your eye and waiting till it goes back to neutral?

If this helps, I also put a dot in the middle of my crosshair with a console command. I find I'm way more accurate with it. I don't remember the command but hit up google.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Today we are announcing a change to our Counter-Strike: Global Offensive roster. The squad has decided to release Todd "Anger" Williams.

-anger
-sgares
+face
+dboorn

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Today we are announcing a change to our Counter-Strike: Global Offensive roster. The squad has decided to release Todd "Anger" Williams.

-anger
-sgares
+face
+dboorn

The sgares bit isn't official (yet), but there are a lot of rumours (apparently Sean told Shahzam that he will retire) suggesting it might happen. If it's true, I wish Sean would at least stay until ESL Cologne is over.

Smol fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

-anger
-sgares
+face
+dboorn
face? That kid doesn't even play CS anymore. He's some MOBA nerd.

• Locked thread