Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DoctorWhat posted:

Wario Land 2 is better, and Gunman Clive, while spectacular, is really short and is getting a much better sequel soon.

Forgot about sales tax so I'm 28 cents short :argh: Maybe some other time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

epsilon posted:

Anyone have a code I can bum? I'm so close to free Kirby 2, it defined my childhood :(

PM me if you're feeling generous!

PM'd you.

How's 1001 Spikes? I love tough but fair platformers and was thinking of picking it up.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

C-Euro posted:

How's Gunman Clive? I thought I heard some positive buzz about that game, and I'm putzing around on the eShop and I see it's only $2,and I have $5 that can go either towards that or Wario Land 2 (a favorite from my childhood)
It's a great game that reminds me a lot of Sunset Riders with more ducks and a cool art style. DW is right that it isn't a very long game but for the price point it's still a ridiculously good value. Both options are good and worth buying.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
1001 Spikes is buggy as poo poo on Wii U and extra buggy on 3DS, even by Nicalis standards. The game itself isn't quite as rote as something like IWBTG but it's definitely more in the vein of that game or other attrition games like Meat Boy than a "real" 8-bit game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Waiting until After July 1st to register my new Wii U System + Mario Kart 8 Special Deal + Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Target + a few other games = I'm platinum for 2015 already. :c00l:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Thanks to SeANMcBAY for being such a boss!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 10):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND: 2-hour Ticket - €2.99 / £2.69
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pop'n Twinbee (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until July 10
    NES Remix (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix 2, from July 10-24
    NES Remix 2 (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix, from July 10-24

3DS eSHOP
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS)- combo pack €9.99 / £8.99, individual games €3.99 / £3.59 until July 13
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until July 10
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.79 / £10.79 from July 10-13
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - 89.99 until July 17
    Doodle Jump Adventures (3DS) - €12.99 / £29.99 until July 17
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until July 17
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.25 from July 10-24

Pokemon TCG! I honestly didn't expect to ever see that game released for the VC. Come on, Pokemon Pinball!

On Pop'n Twinbee: "This is the European version of the game, which was originally optimised by the developer to play music at a speed similar to the US version. Gameplay, demos and animations run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release. " I guess they mean the JP release, since it didn't originally get a NA release, as far as I'm aware.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 7, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, what's this about Pokemon TCG?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
The Pokemon TCG GBC game is getting released this week in PAL Land. He forgot to put it in the post.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God drat it Nintendo, get us that poo poo in the US too.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I played the TCG video game when I was like twelve and remember feeling like it was cool kind of I guess, was it actually good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Pissweak posted:

I played the TCG video game when I was like twelve and remember feeling like it was cool kind of I guess, was it actually good?

No, I'm speaking like 90% through nostalgia. It's not a bad game if you're looking for a simple low-effort CCG-style game but it isn't like a must have unless you have nostalgia from playing the everliving poo poo out of it when you were 12.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Pokemon TCG is awesome, but still no Shovel Knight, really?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Oh man Pokemon TCG on the Gameboy was loving awesome. I thought they'd never bring it to VC since it uses old cards and they'd want people to use their web game that uses current cards instead.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, what's this about Pokemon TCG?

Oops, forgot to list it. Pokemon TCG for GBC is out in PAL-land this week.

Kurtofan posted:

Pokemon TCG is awesome, but still no Shovel Knight, really?

Shovel Knight hasn't even been submitted to NOE yet, don't expect it in the short term.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Or even translated! Don't forget about those FIGS. If you really want to play it any time soon you're best off picking it up on the PC.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
NOE isn't the publisher, right? They don't have to translate it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

NOE isn't the publisher, right? They don't have to translate it.
It's one of the reasons they gave for it not being on the EU shops yet.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I am stoked for Pop 'n Twinbee. That game was completely whack from memory.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread but Brain Training is being given away in the store for PAL at least. Now you can disappoint the good doctor on a whole new platform.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread but Brain Training is being given away in the store for PAL at least. Now you can disappoint the good doctor on a whole new platform.

We all talked about it when it came out the last day of E3. I'm hype for Twinbee, since I have Parodius from the Wii VC already I want more Konami shooters.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
loving Pokemon TCG? I am all over that poo poo, make it happen NOA.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

TCG by itself is okay, but it being a thing on the 3DS VC gives other Pokemon spin offs a chance, like Puzzle Challenge.

And honestly, the more GBC stuff they released with gimped features where the link cable would be, the less reason they have to not drop the classic Pokemon games. TCG itself has it's own multiplayer stuff that likely isn't getting supported, and there are at least two cards locked behind it from memory.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Oh man, Pokιmon TCG! I love that game, mostly for its insanely catchy soundtrack. I'm still disappointed we never got an official English version of the sequel.

The game itself is solid too, of course.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm so happy Pop'n Twinbee is coming to VC. That was one of the first SNES games I played as a kid! :woop:

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Oh man, Pokιmon TCG! I love that game, mostly for its insanely catchy soundtrack. I'm still disappointed we never got an official English version of the sequel.

The game itself is solid too, of course.

Hell yeah. This is another chance for everyone to learn how to actually play the card game.

This way it's not just me on the playground wanting to play it legit. :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, I got excited paper mario was a new club nintendo reward then realized it was a loving wii-only thing again. loving seriously, I can't even play it because there are no GC controller ports and I'm not buying a goddamn Classic Controller, just let me use the Pro. why do they still do this poo poo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MinibarMatchman posted:

man, I got excited paper mario was a new club nintendo reward then realized it was a loving wii-only thing again. loving seriously, I can't even play it because there are no GC controller ports and I'm not buying a goddamn Classic Controller, just let me use the Pro. why do they still do this poo poo.

Because the Wii didn't support the Pro Controller? And you're accessing the game through an emulated Wii menu?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jivjov posted:

Because the Wii didn't support the Pro Controller? And you're accessing the game through an emulated Wii menu?

I'd rather use the Gamepad than use a wiimote connected to an old controller I won't buy for just 1 thing, I thought that was the whole point but evidently we'll never get offscreen play for these games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd rather use the Gamepad than use a wiimote connected to an old controller I won't buy for just 1 thing, I thought that was the whole point but evidently we'll never get offscreen play for these games.

You can pipe out Wii Mode to the gamepad's screen if you want. It has a built in sensor bar and becomes a mini TV for Wii Mode.

You're not gonna see Gamepad or Pro Controller support until games make it over to the Wii U Virtual Console...y'know, because they're Wii U controllers.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I played the Kid Icarus on the Gameboy and didn't like it too much, how's the first one?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Justin_Brett posted:

I played the Kid Icarus on the Gameboy and didn't like it too much, how's the first one?

The Gameboy Kid Icarus fixed most of the problems of the NES game so I would say that if you didn't like of Myths and Monsters stay away.

Also how's Metal Torrent?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

OptimusShr posted:

The Gameboy Kid Icarus fixed most of the problems of the NES game so I would say that if you didn't like of Myths and Monsters stay away.

It should be noted that the 3DS version includes the Famicom versions floating mechanic to make jumping way easier.

On the other hand, the original game's backgrounds consisted of black screens 90% of the time so the 3DS version has a bunch of backgrounds now. They're alright but don't really fit in with the graphics of the game.

Anyway, Paper Mario's up so now I'll be able to add that to my list of Wii VC games that I'm buying solely for the hope that they'll follow through with discounts in the future.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 7, 2014

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

jivjov posted:

You can pipe out Wii Mode to the gamepad's screen if you want. It has a built in sensor bar and becomes a mini TV for Wii Mode.

And all you have to do is prop it up with pillows and books and move several feet away from it where you don't have a decent view of the screen.

I understand why Nintendo made that decision for games that use a lot of motion controls, but I have no idea why the d-pad and buttons on the Gamepad can't be read as a Wii Pro Controller. It seems like a really dumb oversight and is the sole reason I don't recommend buying any games from the Wii VC.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Sarchasm posted:

And all you have to do is prop it up with pillows and books and move several feet away from it where you don't have a decent view of the screen.

Or use the cradle or stand, unless you bought the basic set I guess.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

OptimusShr posted:

Also how's Metal Torrent?

I would disagree about Myths & Monsters fixing everything about the NES version. I love the hell out of the original Kid Icarus and just couldn't get into the GB one. It seems like it has all the individual parts that the original had, but it's like they're put together in a haphazard way that just isn't as fun.

Also the music is a direct downgrade. :colbert:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I was hoping the club Nintendo platinum rewards would be posted when the eShop offerings changed. This is the first time I've paid attention to club Nintendo rewards, when do the platinum details emerge? Yesterday the website said details were coming soon and now there's nothing! You're killing me, Nintendo.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Wildtortilla posted:

I was hoping the club Nintendo platinum rewards would be posted when the eShop offerings changed. This is the first time I've paid attention to club Nintendo rewards, when do the platinum details emerge? Yesterday the website said details were coming soon and now there's nothing! You're killing me, Nintendo.

If its not later this week we'll see them next week probably. They've been a bit slow with club nintendo recently.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Another Aus classification, Onimusha Tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wildtortilla posted:

They will probably be announced early next week. I think in the past it has been around the 11-14th of the month.