Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm a lynchbomb so make mmm hammer me

Hell, I'd hammer you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Good job team! I was at work at lynch time, I'm glad we all agreed on a good lynch candidate. I was torn on wins being a Rolecop/Gunsmith and him being 3P. I'm glad I was right and he was the latter.

We have open nights right? Does that mean we can discuss night actions openly? I'm not saying that we should, I'm just asking if we can, if others think it might be a good idea. I am also not claiming to have any abilities.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jamuraan posted:

Good job team! I was at work at lynch time, I'm glad we all agreed on a good lynch candidate. I was torn on wins being a Rolecop/Gunsmith and him being 3P. I'm glad I was right and he was the latter.

Yeah, I'm not unhappy with that result. I'd still have preferred to have him alive, though - he would have made a really good bullet magnet tonight. I'd also like to know exactly what his role did; it probably wasn't informational, but it did concern the killing roles in some way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DGK2000, Kurse, Town Aligned Vanilla, was killed N2

It is now D3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): apostateCourier, Dr. Hurt, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Jedit, Juanito, MildManeredManikin, Pinterest Mom, Slightly Toasted, Tremendous Taste

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
:ghost:I have ascended, brothers.:ghost:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I lied about the lynchbomb.

I'm going to vig Jedit in 15 hours and 4 minutes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I lied about the lynchbomb.

I'm going to vig Jedit in 15 hours and 4 minutes.

Well, thanks for giving a reason for that as opposed to throwing out a random threat at a time when everyone is away for the Fourth of July weekend.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I thought it would spur more than one post

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I thought it would spur more than one post

I thought you might be trying to generate content, but I don't see the sense in pushing for that at the start of the day. Weekends are always quiet, holiday weekends are worse, and this game is deader than paisley shirts to begin with.

Summary of what we actually learned from Day 2:

1) wins was probably the second killer.

2) There really is no point making flavour arguments.

I can't fathom why DGK was killed. Because he hammered, maybe?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm calling bullshit TT.

Jedit posted:

I thought you might be trying to generate content, but I don't see the sense in pushing for that at the start of the day. Weekends are always quiet, holiday weekends are worse, and this game is deader than paisley shirts to begin with.

Summary of what we actually learned from Day 2:

1) wins was probably the second killer.

2) There really is no point making flavour arguments.

I can't fathom why DGK was killed. Because he hammered, maybe?

2) is of course, as usual, correct. Opop isn't going to let us make flavour arguments.

I think 1) is a little bit of a leap of logic. I have no idea what that role is that wins flipped but I'm not sure wins would have done all that rolefishing if he really had done the other kill. The felt like he was really looking for something (especially since he didn't back down) rather than trying to distance himself from the kill. Although only one kill last night, so I suppose we will see.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think 1) is a little bit of a leap of logic. I have no idea what that role is that wins flipped but I'm not sure wins would have done all that rolefishing if he really had done the other kill. The felt like he was really looking for something (especially since he didn't back down) rather than trying to distance himself from the kill. Although only one kill last night, so I suppose we will see.

When a third party called Death Goddess was fishing for people with kills, I don't think it's stretching to assume his win condition required finding out who those people were and probably killing them. I wouldn't put it past Opop to stick multiple killing roles in the game and add a Brutal Gunsmith, either, but that's pure speculation. If the second kill was a Town Vig, though, they must surely be restricted to alternate nights; assuming sensible play (ha!), a one-shot wouldn't generally shoot on Night 1 and an unlimited Vig wouldn't hold back on Night 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): apostateCourier, Dr. Hurt, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Jedit, Juanito, MildManeredManikin, Pinterest Mom, Slightly Toasted, Tremendous Taste

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

When a third party called Death Goddess was fishing for people with kills, I don't think it's stretching to assume his win condition required finding out who those people were and probably killing them. I wouldn't put it past Opop to stick multiple killing roles in the game and add a Brutal Gunsmith, either, but that's pure speculation. If the second kill was a Town Vig, though, they must surely be restricted to alternate nights; assuming sensible play (ha!), a one-shot wouldn't generally shoot on Night 1 and an unlimited Vig wouldn't hold back on Night 2.

I am not disagreeing with that part, I just don't think wins would come in and say "who made that other kill" if it was him. What's he going to get out of that? Pointless speculation I guess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A 15 player game seems unlikely to have multiple killing roles and multiple 3rd parties. I think the most likely scenario is that wins was the SK.
There was no second kill last night.
The only oddity was wins "looking" for the second killer. This could be him just trying to throw people off of his trail. If there had been a second kill last night (if wins hadn't been killed), he would have had been a less than likely candidate.
I'm not sure if that is useful in finding scum, but I wouldn't be wasting any time in looking for another 3p unless something occurs that puts it back on the table.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grandicap posted:

A 15 player game seems unlikely to have multiple killing roles and multiple 3rd parties. I think the most likely scenario is that wins was the SK.
There was no second kill last night.
The only oddity was wins "looking" for the second killer. This could be him just trying to throw people off of his trail. If there had been a second kill last night (if wins hadn't been killed), he would have had been a less than likely candidate.
I'm not sure if that is useful in finding scum, but I wouldn't be wasting any time in looking for another 3p unless something occurs that puts it back on the table.

I think Grandi's right. Putting too much thought into wins at this point isn't helpful.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright ST, now that wins is out of the way it's time to put or at least to stop shutting up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Or really anyone.

Grandi what reads do you have? You weren't in love with the wins thing yesterday, do you have any feelings besides wanting MMM because of masons?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I don't know how anyone can have any reads. We've had less than half a page of posts in the entire of Day 3 and the majority of living players haven't posted at all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm at a loss. Acceleration of the game would be best I think to jumpstart town. Force the scummiest candidate to hammer me?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'll hammer you if there is a chance it'll kill me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm at a loss. Acceleration of the game would be best I think to jumpstart town. Force the scummiest candidate to hammer me?

But you already said that was a lie :smith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

massclaim?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is there literally a deadline in 4 hours and no one is voting?

Jesus christ lets just take out the trash then.

##vote ST

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
##vote Slightly Toasted

works for me (tm)

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Normally I'd be put off by being called trash but this game I can't really argue.

I'm really sorry, I wouldn't have signed up for a mafia game if I had known how ridiculous the last week and a bit was going to be and I feel bad because opop gave me a p cool role. I'm busy later on but I've got time now to read things over and by the looks of it that shouldn't even take very long.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Slightly Toasted posted:

Normally I'd be put off by being called trash but this game I can't really argue.

I'm really sorry, I wouldn't have signed up for a mafia game if I had known how ridiculous the last week and a bit was going to be and I feel bad because opop gave me a p cool role. I'm busy later on but I've got time now to read things over and by the looks of it that shouldn't even take very long.

It really won't.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

After reading the thread the only people I want to vote are people that I don't really like anyway so

And it reminded me of the disappointment that was girl meets world

I don't really like the wins push it feels like people who would be night killing would have the most motivation to want to lynch him with his killfishing and softish claim and tt kind of pings my scumdar otherwise

TT I thought you were going to vig jedit it has been longer than 15 hours and 4 minutes

Also why jedit he seems towny

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote aC

It's a hunch

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also it's kind of silly to assume wins is responsible for the first night's second kill, there could easily be a doc or bulletproof that stopped the kill last night or something

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MildManeredManikin posted:

##vote aC

It's a hunch

Actually I agree with that,

##vote ac

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would also vote ST although I've cooled off on TT

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Also it's kind of silly to assume wins is responsible for the first night's second kill, there could easily be a doc or bulletproof that stopped the kill last night or something

It's possible that it wasn't him but he kind of seemed like he knew who it was and was trying to catch someone in a lie

Both points are probably true

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Fewest moving pieces. A town big would have likely claimed, a SK would reveal themselves shortly with another kill.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Grandicap posted:

Fewest moving pieces. A town big would have likely claimed, a SK would reveal themselves shortly with another kill.

I don't know that a town vig would necessarily 100% have claimed. I probably would not have because either I would have been one shot and been vanilla and I would be more useful drawing a kill at that point or I would have more than one shot and I would not want attention and people would have undoubtedly gone crazy trying to finger an sk or some poo poo

(it was not me for clarity)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would ##vote AC since ST is now playing.

I don't really think you are trash!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Occam says that Wins was the second killer. I'm inclined to think that way myself.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

I don't know that a town vig would necessarily 100% have claimed. I probably would not have because either I would have been one shot and been vanilla and I would be more useful drawing a kill at that point or I would have more than one shot and I would not want attention and people would have undoubtedly gone crazy trying to finger an sk or some poo poo

(it was not me for clarity)

I cannot for the life of me parse this. You wouldn't claim because you would want to draw a kill? Huh?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

I cannot for the life of me parse this. You wouldn't claim because you would want to draw a kill? Huh?

Yes? That is the point of being vanilla

That and to play rubiks cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

Yes? That is the point of being vanilla

That and to play rubiks cube

Wouldn't a one-shot nightvig be able to draw a kill by threatening someone during the day after they had already thrown their kill?

• Locked thread