Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was interviewed by Norweigian TV folk on Sauchiehall street today asking what I thought of Celtics potential new manager.

Hope they have a good subtitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Does Kenny Miller's contract also include extra bonuses for his next signings in 2017 and 2021?

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Popehoist posted:

Does Kenny Miller's contract also include extra bonuses for his next signings in 2017 and 2021?

Through 2035 in fact.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Popehoist posted:

He will replace ally as manager and then replace Walter smith as manager at some point after that.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

I was interviewed by Norweigian TV folk on Sauchiehall street today asking what I thought of Celtics potential new manager.

Hope they have a good subtitler.

What is the Norwegian for "Fenian Bastard!" ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ronny confirmed as manager

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Semprini posted:

First player ever to play for all three old firm clubs.

loving belter, I'm stealing that.

Delighted with Deila.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

You're going to love him. If he keeps doing his thing at Celtic he'll poach talented homegrown players and develop them to first teamers and revamp the academy. He turned Stefan Johansen from a slighty overweight and demotivated winger into the best midfielder in the league in just over a year, now they're reunited again. he's a brilliant coach and a very likable character. I just hope Celtic won be too big of a task for him. Strømsgodset is a fairly small club with no real expectations and pressure to be succesful so this will be a new environment for him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If he doesn't win the league at Celtic he deserves sacking because its the SPL

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

BisonDollah posted:

loving belter, I'm stealing that.
Batter in, I nicked it from twitter.

Really pleased with this appointment, everything I've read about him has been positive.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Derek McInnes will sign Kris Boyd despite logistics warnings from the Pittodrie pie stand and he will score all the goals while McInnes' steely gaze makes this Norwegian fanny's knees buckle at the very thought of coming up against ironmen Barry Robson and Mark "got you in his pocket" Reynolds.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Jose posted:

If he doesn't win the league at Celtic he deserves sacking because its the SPL

The league is a certainty. The concern is that our most important games of the season are CL qualifiers coming right after the World Cup, so he needs to hit the ground running. We're better on paper that most of the teams we can come up against at least, but we barely scraped through last time.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
St Johnstone win the cup, not a mention.

Fat balding orange bastard Miller tries out his "three times a charm" trick and some bloody Viking show up to get easy plaudits and yer over it all like slobbering hounds...

bunch o fannys

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Derek McInnes will sign Kris Boyd despite logistics warnings from the Pittodrie pie stand and he will score all the goals while McInnes' steely gaze makes this Norwegian fanny's knees buckle at the very thought of coming up against ironmen Barry Robson and Mark "got you in his pocket" Reynolds.

Go haim.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Sounds like a long term appointment with Celtic planning to blood new youngsters and ensure the next generation of home grown players comes through, even at the expense of winning a cup a season and winning the league by 20+ points.

Which means it's going to be a complete loving disaster and he'll be gone by Christmas.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:suspense:

This should be good.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Butcher sacked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27783337

lol hibs etc

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hibs are shite

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Bring back big eck

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

15 years ago him and Miller would have been an amazing sign of Rangers planning for the future :(

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Have they paid back that Million quid loan yet ?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Where's radge?

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I wasn't sure where else to ask this.

Anyone know what my chances are of buying a ticket on general sale for Scotland v. Ireland in November? I'll be back in Glasgow in Nov/Dec for my graduation, and am hoping to snag a ticket. I know members of the Scotland Supporters Club get first dibs, but since the game's at Celtic Park I figure there should be ~20k odd tickets left over for general sale. I'd be willing to buy from a tout if need be, or just sign up for the SSC for 50 odd quid to make sure I can get a ticket.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Are Celtic fans discussing the results of the big tax case somewhere else or is this the thread for it?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Are Celtic fans discussing the results of the big tax case somewhere else or is this the thread for it?

The finances thread would likely be a good place for it, but most Celtic fans are too busy discussing summer signings and wondering how the club will look under Deila to worry about the affairs of some diddy club that's only been around for two years.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Grouco posted:

Anyone know what my chances are of buying a ticket on general sale for Scotland v. Ireland in November? I'll be back in Glasgow in Nov/Dec for my graduation, and am hoping to snag a ticket. I know members of the Scotland Supporters Club get first dibs, but since the game's at Celtic Park I figure there should be ~20k odd tickets left over for general sale. I'd be willing to buy from a tout if need be, or just sign up for the SSC for 50 odd quid to make sure I can get a ticket.

Hampden Park has been getting fuller and fuller as the national team gets less and less shite, and I sprung for an SSC membership the other day because I have a hunch that tickets for Ireland and the possible England friendly will be incredibly hard to get on public sale, especially if we get literally anything against Germany other than a multi-goal pumping.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Grouco posted:

I'd ask on PieAndBovril to be sure, although my hunch is that Scotland vs Ireland is going to be too popular for general sale.

Anyway now that that World Cup poo poo is finally over who wants to do the new thread??

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
rip, just rip the celtcis

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Charlotte Hornets posted:

rip, just rip the celtcis

Who?

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
they lost because they played in Edinburgh no doubt

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Inevitable result of having an incredibly unambitious board, a rookie manager who's stuck with another guy's team, and our garbage players (the two non-garbage players we have will shortly be sold, to be replaced by free transfers or loans).

At least we'll win the league this year...right? :ohdear:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
People laughed when I said Rangers going bust would kill Celtic and the SPL too. Who is laughing now?

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

People laughed when I said Rangers going bust would kill Celtic and the SPL too. Who is laughing now?

This is a lie, nobody laughs at your posts.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

African AIDS cum posted:

Me.

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

loving Legia. Stupid twats.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Scotsman posted:

Debrecen did the same thing and got a fine, it's bleating over nothing.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Scotsman posted:

:circlefap:

Seriously though, I can't see UEFA punishing Legia that badly over a player that played about 4 minutes. Legia were the better team by a mile, it's been a laugh these last couple of hours though I have to admit.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Scotsman posted:

Meh, it's a win-win really. Celtic got thrashed 6-1 regardless, and if they get reinstated it's a nice little boost to the charred remains of the coefficient that might be important if the current Rangers sequel survive long enough to push for Europe at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Potential reinstatement? Haven't we been humiliated enough?

• Locked thread