Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011
Over the 4th weekend, my computer decided to have a drunken bender of its own. I'm back now and I have to catch up with the thread and etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:smith: How do I un-jam a tank?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Krysmphoenix posted:

What tank? I see no tank here, only the birth of a new glorious Soviet Naval asset! :ussr:

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
Oh christ that artillery cliffhanger.

Krysmphoenix posted:

You might be getting some friendly German help. That should do it. :v:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Once it hard-fails to immobilized it's permanently stuck. You're now an 85mm turret.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

uPen posted:

Once it hard-fails to immobilized it's permanently stuck. You're now an 85mm turret.

River turret, you surely mean. :colbert:

And just watch as that artillery annihilates all of our infantry.

By the way, what do the colours mean on the big new map we have?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Alright, which would be a better idea. Pointing the tank's gun towards the Germans and firing at anything German that moves, or abandoning tank and carrying out the rest of the mission as a poorly equipped infantry squad?

Or perhaps a combination of both? Remove the non-gunman from the tank and leave the behind enough people (person?) to fire the big gun.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
A turret is better.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Alright, which would be a better idea. Pointing the tank's gun towards the Germans and firing at anything German that moves, or abandoning tank and carrying out the rest of the mission as a poorly equipped infantry squad?

Or perhaps a combination of both? Remove the non-gunman from the tank and leave the behind enough people (person?) to fire the big gun.

If you stay in the tank you're an 85mm cannon.
If you get out of the tank you're 5 guys with bad morale and pistols.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Grey how did you also not manage to load a single thing on those t -70s?

And you didn't put the is -2s behind the trees.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Let's save our outrage for a truly heinous error, not something like this.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Welp. :ussr:

Grey Hunter, is there any chance I can get the line of sight/firing ranges for my stuck T-34? If I'm going to be stuck there for the rest of the game, I wanna know what options I have left.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
That was a heinous error, the force to diglett is completely hosed up and those is -2s are probably hosed. Doesn't mean we lost but that maneuver completely failed.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The force to DIGLETT got hosed up when the T-34 bogged and the infantry had to unload. Them's the breaks.

If micromanaging the position of the Stalins on the hill is central to victory/their survival, then they should not be there, because it is not going to happen.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

dtkozl posted:

That was a heinous error, the force to diglett is completely hosed up and those is -2s are probably hosed. Doesn't mean we lost but that maneuver completely failed.

Looks like we have a squad of infantry up at the rails instead of an HMG too.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
So where are my tank hunters, I don't see them around the rest of my platoon.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Maybe this could work out for the best? The Germans see the stuck T-34, think it's an easy kill, send up something to kill it, and it gets blown away by the IS-2s?

(And if you want to remain in the fight, Krysm, we can switch if you want. I'd be happy to go Last Stand of the Stuck Tank.)

Anyway...

1st Company HMG Section #2

Await dismount orders, I guess.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

RedLobster posted:

So where are my tank hunters, I don't see them around the rest of my platoon.

Up with the two T-70s in the NE.

(as uPen says, either the wrong thing was loaded, or the wrong T-70 was sent to the NE. We should clarify this)

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
So now that the trucks are over Company commanders get them to where you want your guns to go and same for the hmgs.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Anyway, we have Panzer sightings, a MkIV with infantry at F10, and one Panther @ ~F14.

LoS intel would be handy.

e: I'm pretty sure there was repeated order duplication and contradiction with the 2Co HMGs (in the truck! both in the truck! one in the truck, etc), so I am not even a little surprised that was hosed up.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 8, 2014

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

(as uPen says, either the wrong thing was loaded, or the wrong T-70 was sent to the NE. We should clarify this)

The damage has been done, but things should be easier now that we know exactly where people are. I've labeled everything on Roll20 with player names if you have trouble just looking at the numbers on Grey's map.

dtkozl posted:

So now that the trucks are over Company commanders get them to where you want your guns to go and same for the hmgs.

2nd Co. truck is over, 1st. Co truck is still waiting. Right next to 2nd. Co HQ, actually.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

(And if you want to remain in the fight, Krysm, we can switch if you want. I'd be happy to go Last Stand of the Stuck Tank.)

brakeless posted:

:frogsiren: 1st platoon, 2nd company is up for grabs.

I'm going on a two week trip and what I thought would be a reliable internet connection has turned out to be an empty dream, so I'll have to bow out.

Good luck you sons of bitches.

Speaking of which, as far as I know brakeless' platoon is still up for grabs. So assuming it's allowed if you want out of the tank or someone wants a field promotion that's probably their best bet. Or if someone that didn't get a unit is still reading.

Kaislioc fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 8, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
1st Company, we still have to wait for 2 Co. to pass fully before we start fording, so this turn's orders will probably be sitting tight, sorry for the lack of excitement. Also, I read the manual and apparently pre-planned fire missions take 5 minutes? So those falling rounds are probably the Germans gaming the ford :shepface:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Thank you for the offers, but I honestly find :ussr: to be loving hilarious so I'm going to do what I can right now.

Wouldn't mind taking over something else along with this so I have more to do than "okay, now fire at will in THIS general direction!"

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 8, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

tatankatonk posted:

1st Company, we still have to wait for 2 Co. to pass fully before we start fording, so this turn's orders will probably be sitting tight, sorry for the lack of excitement. Also, I read the manual and apparently pre-planned fire missions take 5 minutes? So those falling rounds are probably the Germans gaming the ford :shepface:

It is 100% a pre-planned stonk on your ford. Good luck with that, Comrades!

Perhaps you will have the opportunity to visit the Krysmphoenix memorial brew-up in the L8 ford in some ten minutes' time if any of you survive!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

tatankatonk posted:

Wait what? Can we call in a mortar strike on their fords in retaliation, then?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Obviously not a pre-planned one. Need to go through the call for fire business.

Anyway, the commander was extremely clear that he's not willing to blow a fire mission on spec.

BTW, can we not use the "orders" image until we have a chance to discuss and plan? Let's keep editing and confusion to an absolute minimum.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Woops, thanks Marauder, I meant there's a 5 minute minimum wait for a fire mission, yes.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Not to be tedious, but you can set them to arrive immediately (as dtkozl did with the smoke) or on a 5 or 10 minute delay.

You're still right, it's a fire mission on your ford. I'd be shocked if it was anything else.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Grey, how much fine control do you have about vehicle positions? the IS-2 placement order got switched and they're both facing completely the wrong way.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
^^^^^^
A fair bit, but not perfect, the game works of squares, so there will always be something off.

I'll just make a statement here. All this was stated before the LP, but may need repeating.

1) I've just entered about 50 orders, mistakes are going to be made
2) As stated before, I take no responsibility for said mistakes. Orders may not have been clear enough. Just think of them as fog of war.
3) I will not be providing LOS/exact positioning except in specific cases. Otherwise I'll have to take 50 screenshots per turn most of which will be useless to most people.

That said, I'll get LOS for the bogged T-34, as that will not be moving, but that won't be coming until the next turn, as it takes 5 mins to load up the save.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The Merry Marauder posted:

Up with the two T-70s in the NE.

I think Upen (the HQ tank) got my orders and I got Upen's orders (my tank was supposed to move fast with no riders, his was supposed to go quick with [different] riders). Yet the first tank across was the riderless HQ tank.

It's not the end of the world, but we should establish whether it is me or Upen on the north/south side of the tracks before we issue any further orders, in case we waste half a minute pointlessly swapping sides of the tracks.

e: Grey, I'm not asking for LOS, but the video didn't actually show the final position of the NE T-70s - one, after fording the river, wasn't seen on the video again, and the second was seen a good while before the turn ended and then not again. Could you possibly sweep over all the units just so we can see, at the end of next time please?

e2: I don't mean to sound arsey, sorry. Just that I think in a previous game you did a quick click-through of every unit at the end of the turn. We could pause the video when it got to us, and we could clearly understand who we were, where we were, who was around us, and what enemies we had eyes on. I know there are more units this time, but I think it would still take less than a minute, and it would mean less confusion and thus fewer questions for you.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 8, 2014

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

At the very least, me and dtkozl can boot up the map and take a look around. If anybody wants specific LOS information, I'm more than happy to go in and get some snapshots.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

2nd Company - 1st HMG Detatchment

we're being brave, move here, stay on the north side of the tracks and move into position to support our troops at Diglett, ready to intercept any Germans rushing the station.

edit: lol hgm :downs:

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 9, 2014

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

If we have any unloaded trucks can they double back and help hurry the infantry across?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The 2nd Company current objective will be to form up and prepare for seizing the rail station.

Until 1st Company get into town, we won't have any cover from a sudden German advance. I want any and all Tank Hunter squads to keep their eyes on both the Rail Station and the road. Hopefully our troops will be in place to get the station next turn.

HMGs, I want at least one of your groups to rush the Rail Station immediately and try to set up there. Its a bit of a gamble, but it may work, an early position there will be a big deal in defending the point. Most, if not all of our assets are heavily delayed. It is likely the krauts are suffering the same thing.

Good luck Renegades. Try not to get yourselves shot.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I henceforth will be the superior to our newly founded River Turret asset. Welcome to the team.

We need to shift around some. We have two T-70s overlapping, one can shimmy off to the far west and cover where the current Railroad T-70 is, while that one shifts down to the south to stare at people crossing the ford/southern open. I intend to shake off my SMG team (Me being the T-34 actually in the toy, lazy prats) and hunt a bit to the south to try to kill that tank. As is if we are stuck with a 1v1 tank battle I'm pretty destined to lose, so I'd rather try to get some side hits in this golden moment.

Map posse, gimme a look see at how the open area just south of OP Lapras sees to the SW, if you would.

We'll be fine.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Don't just send all the tanks up to cover the railway line. It's long, straight, open, and we've already established that the Germans aren't that far north yet. Watch the South and West, try and pick em off as the smoke clears.

At least, that's what I would do but I don't own this game and I have no sort of command role at all in this match.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Generally speaking it's best if you think the orders are input by someone drunk. No negatives, no ifs and concise presentation are your best bet. I know its hard especially for co leaders but trust your people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I want 2,1 and 2,3 to dismount and move to OP Diglett.
Can my dudes make that trip without getting exhausted and with 1 squad separated from the officer?

• Locked thread