Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Coleman posted:

face? That kid doesn't even play CS anymore. He's some MOBA nerd.

It's shroud.

Edit: Also, you talking about the Swedish face (played for SK etc.) or someone else?

Smol fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Smol posted:

It's shroud.

Edit: Also, you talking about the Swedish face (played for SK etc.) or someone else?
This guy right here.

I'm pretty sure shroud hasn't been officially announced yet, and Powerful Wizard IRL is face.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

how do i turn this into bicycle parts

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

very carefully

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Every one in like 10 goons is coming up millhouse on these knives. :psyduck:

You guys must have been buyin hella crates

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

after i got drunk and spent $40 on pheonix crates and got a bunch of tuxedo glocks or whatever or whatever i vowed to never do the same.

first dropped crate.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

so is there a way to trade/forfeit missions or am I really going to have to win a game on insertion to get that mission slot back

I've lost like 4 games on it so far and I am just beyond done with that loving terrible pile of garbage.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Insertion owns, but it requires a much different play style than most cs_ maps, or counter-strike maps for that matter. Some advice:

1. Decoys and silenced weapons are god
2. Radar is your friend
3. Terrorists are better off leaving the hostages and moving to the perimeter of the map, defending 360 degrees is a lesson in futility
4. Queue with some friends

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A butterfly knife AAAAAA GOD DAMNIT I WANT IT

I wish I was rich.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Xenaero posted:

A butterfly knife AAAAAA GOD DAMNIT I WANT IT

I wish I was rich.
its for sale yo

http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=17205258

what do i do about these jokers though? the first guys reply is ridiculous.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

You can't, really. Just ignore them, because they're fishing. You're going to want to have a real value and a surface value, basically the surface value is what you put out there, higher than what you think you're going to get for it. That's how you deal with those people's baseless offers of 'How much do you want for it in romanian dollars'.

The animations on that thing are pretty goddamn cool. That's going to keep the value up a bit. Also it's really new, so the value would only come down, simply because it's the only knife you can get out of the cases that are dropping in the new operation. That will make it a little more common than any other single knife, barring the Huntsman knife. It'll be valued more than the Huntsman knife just off the animations alone, but even still.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, the argument against insertion is that it is vastly different from traditional CS. But is a step to the unknown bad? I mean, people whining that Insertion, and Mist to an extent, should have been more traditional miss the point that the old maps are still there?

Why are so many implying that new map packs should just increase the amount of numerical de_dusts?

I loving love Insertion and Mist.

There were some awesome games where our 5 goon party used autosnipers and negevs to riddle all the houses with bullets since the enemy loved sitting inside so much.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

Oh man dont get scammed :ohdear:. Do you have friends that can talk you through the trades? The scammers are clever bastards, if anything smells fishy don't do it.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Is the whole "trade for keys" thing still the best option for these kind of sales?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Is it not possible to get paid via Google Wallet or PayPal for the item? Why does it have to be keys?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

teagone posted:

Is it not possible to get paid via Google Wallet or PayPal for the item? Why does it have to be keys?

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Is the whole "trade for keys" thing still the best option for these kind of sales?

bpower posted:

Oh man dont get scammed :ohdear:. Do you have friends that can talk you through the trades? The scammers are clever bastards, if anything smells fishy don't do it.

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

We're like a bunch of middle class kids trying to buy weed for the first time :3

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

teagone posted:

Some sort of convenience, I believe.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Some sort of convenience, I believe.

Mostly has to do with avoiding chargebacks I believe?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

teagone posted:

Keys aren't reversible and spread your risk. There's a chance that with paypal or wallet you'll get scammed and be left with nothing. There's still that chance with keys but at any time you're taking a much smaller hit.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Let me tell you about dogecoins....

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Are mission drops completely random or do they get better the more you complete? I knew bots would come in handy having to get 40 glock kills in DM

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

hello internet posted:

Are mission drops completely random or do they get better the more you complete? I knew bots would come in handy having to get 40 glock kills in DM

Umm, yeah, about that....bots dont count.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

I've only had two missions since the first day, no more seem to be dropping after finishing them. Managed to derank twice solo queuing for that comp win on castle.

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

insertion is fun on t-side because you spawn in the only cover in the entire map.

i feel like on ct side the only way you can reach villa/barn is to travel by the shoreline because its usually a lower altitude for the rest of the map.

also, the fog doesn't help when t's have 5 awps :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

FancyMike posted:

I've only had two missions since the first day, no more seem to be dropping after finishing them. Managed to derank twice solo queuing for that comp win on castle.

I got two the first day, and then one more today. I have no idea what triggers the drops.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Team GO:ONS is proud to announce:

-Mr Pink
+anger
+sgares

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

JAssassin posted:

I have no idea what triggers the drops.

Saying '!drop' right as the scoreboard comes up.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
It'd be really great if Valve put a bunch of time into adding new gamemodes like hack the briefcase from Perfect Dark or whatever. Lord knows they've made enough money off the game at this point to justify it.

It's disappointing that the cp_ api they added a year or so ago has gone largely ignored. I think it could have worked if the map were built around the concept instead of being strong-armed into an existing de_ map.

edit: BRING BACK FLAG TAG

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Why hasn't cpl fire been remade like mill/strike have been? That was my favorite cpl map :( I know I am probably the minority in that. Or has it been re-made and I am blind or have never played it yet?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There is a direct from CS:S port of cpl_fire. It gets played in goonmans occasionally but it's not a great port since the map isn't scaled properly for CS:GO. But yeah fire is one of my personal favorite maps and it sucks that there isn't a better port out there.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
There is a new remake out that was being trialled for CEVO this season but I can't remember the name.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

Been lurking this thread for a while, but I believe that your best bet is to go to r/GlobalOffensiveTrade on reddit, and post a thread. There's usually many more trustworthy traders there. If someone shows interest, their flairs will have their profile links that you can then use to check their trading reputation on websites like SteamRep. I've bought keys and traded stuff via this method, and I've never encountered a single scammer to this date. I can't say the same thing about CSGOLounge. Of course, there's still that risk of a reputed trader going rogue, and I'm not really sure how to resolve that situation if I was in your shoes and actually went through that.

And then there's the hassle of actually having to use reddit and get approved to post in said subreddit.

rngd in the womb fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 8, 2014

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Finally got ranked. Master Guardian I.
I thought I will be Silver IV or something. :woop:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Jesus, thats impressive. More details please.

Edit: premade/solo? wins/loses. First cs game?

Logger of Love
Dec 18, 2007

HA HA! HA HA HA!
:shobon:

kalstrams posted:

Funny, I've had the same experience. Queued with a friend who was unranked but somewhat decent. He got MGE, I got MG2, we have both dropped one down since then. Myself, just recently getting back into CSGO after watching the recent NiP vs Navi Dreamhack finals. I've played 1.6 and Source a bit back in the day but never knew what I was doing. This time around I used advice from the OP and watched some of Adren's videos. Played mostly DM to get used to guns and peeking spots properly and did all placement on Dust2. I was fully expecting to be put in upper silver or lower nova ranks, since I feel that my game sense and clutch are pretty garbage and I get by mostly on aim. From playing in the MG bracket I find that people are mostly unhelpful while being demanding of you to perform well. I'd like to play with goons cause MM is basically cancer and I'm hardly learning anything by playing it. I'm bleakill on steam, invite me to the group and yell at me, or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

Jesus, thats impressive. More details please.

Edit: premade/solo? wins/loses. First cs game?
161 hours of CS:GO played, most of them in deathmatch some time ago so I again shoot like poo poo, especially after having switched to lower sensitivity (400 dpi, 2.35 sens with 0.75 zoom sens) last week. 1 solo win, a few solo losses, other 9 wins with friends (ranked from Master Guardian II to Distinguished Master Guardian) - playing with 1 to 3 friends, never full stack. Mostly de_dust2, a bit of de_nuke and a few Operation Breakout maps. I'd estimate my placement win rate at 40% maximum, since the most recent loss streak was 9 matches long. First game was CS 1.5 somewhere around 2002 or 2003. Not played much of 1.6 initially, played plenty of CS:S, then not played a lot and had some CS 1.6 4 years ago. Next time I played I played CS:GO after it released. Played a bit, got bored, came back half a year ago or so, played plentiful of deathmatch, got bored again and then my friends got me into playing CS:GO with them, on previous week.

Edit: Wording.
Edit2: flavles speling

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 9, 2014

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

NTT posted:

The game is telling you that you should try installing a game that fits your skill level, like Audiosurf, or maybe Trine 2.

You were super helpful. Thanks!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So when exactly is HWID banning happening?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Necc0 posted:

It'd be really great if Valve put a bunch of time into adding new gamemodes like hack the briefcase from Perfect Dark or whatever. Lord knows they've made enough money off the game at this point to justify it.

It's disappointing that the cp_ api they added a year or so ago has gone largely ignored. I think it could have worked if the map were built around the concept instead of being strong-armed into an existing de_ map.

edit: BRING BACK FLAG TAG

Jeepathon, fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xenaero posted:

So when exactly is HWID banning happening?
Is it happening at all?

• Locked thread