Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

...am I allowed to join this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

:getin:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sandwolf posted:

I'd love to see that. As far as I'm concerned, you were booted on a technicality like breaking your arm in the first challenge or something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XyloJW posted:

I had never watched a whole episode of one of these reality shows in my life, and I made it to the final 6

It was final 5, dummy!

Pander posted:

I've made one incredibly awesome friend and pen pal who I never knew before AS through my two games here, and had a lot of fun besides.

This is the reason you should all be signing up for this game. I made some really great friends in ABB. Remember, there's no greater backstab than the friendly backstab! :ese:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

This is the reason you should all be signing up for this game. I made some really great friends in ABB. Remember, there's no greater backstab than the friendly backstab! :ese:

Yeahhh uhh.

Backstabbed is one thing.

The Vista is something else.

:ese:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Which is to say just try not to take anything personally at all ever because Y'ALL DON'T OWN ME I DO WHAT I WANT.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I have no idea what this is but I signed up so I'm uh, I'm ready.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow that's a quick turnaround. can't wait to enter :munch: mode

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pander posted:

I've made one incredibly awesome friend and pen pal who I never knew before AS through my two games here, and had a lot of fun besides.

Same here :aaa: What a coincidence!

quote:

Go for it. I never won, but it doesn't matter :)

Not same here! ;)

Awful Survivor is the best and everyone should play. It's one of the most immersive games you can experience on these forums.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

John Cena tried to recruit me for the last survivor but I was on a like 8 month forums hiatus so I AM HERE AND READY TO check my schedule to see if I'll actually have time for this game.

What sort of time commitment is needed, I'm assuming you're not needed every night, but can you disappear for a few days occasionally? More specifically I've got a camping trip scheduled at some point and would be without internet for ~4 days

Jump King fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 8, 2014

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
Dang, I really wanted to sign up for this but the only hours I am consistently busy are the only hours game events are run. Oh well, I'll enjoy lurking this thread. Good luck to everybody playing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MildManeredManikin posted:

What sort of time commitment is needed, I'm assuming you're not needed every night, but can you disappear for a few days occasionally? More specifically I've got a camping trip scheduled at some point and would be without internet for ~4 days
Last season there were challenges starting in the 6:30-7:30pm EST range a couple times each work week. The other weekdays are usually tribal councils but those aren't as time sensitive. There usually was never anything on weekends. You can probably get away with missing something if you've got a thing scheduled (camping) but you don't want to make it a habit.

Adventure Show
Mar 7, 2013
Although there's a 99 percent chance I'll be first out, I'll sign up

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Last season there were challenges starting in the 6:30-7:30pm EST range a couple times each work week. The other weekdays are usually tribal councils but those aren't as time sensitive. There usually was never anything on weekends. You can probably get away with missing something if you've got a thing scheduled (camping) but you don't want to make it a habit.

I should probably good then, I only have one planned absence like that. Application submitted.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plus during certain challenges complete tribal participation won't be necessary.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
alright fuuuuuuuck I finally signed up. I'm probably gonna suck and PST timezone won't help but I'm finally not crazy busy all the time so I better take the opportunity to join now.

oh god what have I done

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

John Cena posted:

plus during certain challenges complete tribal participation won't be necessary.

cena am I allowed innnn

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The last thread was fun to read, why not. Signed up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Adus posted:

alright fuuuuuuuck I finally signed up. I'm probably gonna suck and PST timezone won't help but I'm finally not crazy busy all the time so I better take the opportunity to join now.

oh god what have I done

I've been eager to see you play. Good luck! :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MildManeredManikin posted:

I should probably good then, I only have one planned absence like that. Application submitted.

Mustache Ride posted:

The last thread was fun to read, why not. Signed up.

Yeeeah let's get some more "M" players in on this!

(for those not familiar with this game, there have been 5 Awful Survivor seasons and 1 Awful Big Brother, and all six winners have had usernames starting with "P" or "M". This includes two winners with the username initials "PM")

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Here goes nothing... :bandwagon:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

(for those not familiar with this game, there have been 5 Awful Survivor seasons and 1 Awful Big Brother, and all six winners have had usernames starting with "P" or "M". This includes two winners with the username initials "PM")

I think a slight returnee/mentoring season of PM vs. PM with the forums theme of Private Messages would be pretty hilarious.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait gently caress, there's a chance I might win?

And a question about loving Ketchup on hot dogs? I dunno, I'm not really comfortable with this now.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Mustache Ride posted:

And a question about loving Ketchup on hot dogs? I dunno, I'm not really comfortable with this now.

Gotta weed out the undesirables somehow :ssh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mustache Ride posted:

I mean, it's not great but it's better than mustard :barf:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Dem's fightin words.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
What kind of boring hotdogs do you people eat

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

King Burgundy posted:

I've been eager to see you play. Good luck! :)

prepare for disappointment!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I put ketchup AND mustard on my hotdogs.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I put ketchup AND mustard on my hotdogs.

This is the only way

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
BBQ sauce has a ketchup base. Is it therefore a kind of ketchup?

Thank god it doesn't ask about catsup. That's just asking for trouble.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

The winner of Season Zero was angry midwesterner. What happened to that guy?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

BBQ sauce has a ketchup base. Is it therefore a kind of ketchup?

Thank god it doesn't ask about catsup. That's just asking for trouble.

i don't live in the 1930s. i just had a hot dog from the only hot dog place around here. i regret it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

39 cent chili sauce or get out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

IDOLS.

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 8, 2014

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Eight Dollars posted:

Here goes nothing... :bandwagon:

yesss :munch: i look forward to your posts

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Signed up after seeing the post in big brother thread.

Let's see how this will pan out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

So many new players signing up so fast. This thing is gonna start like really soon :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Applied! Crossed fingers that you'll let me pull a Boston Rob.

• Locked thread