Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gristley Bear posted:

huh no what the gently caress are you? we're talking about unchecked aggression here dude

obviously you're not a golfer.

I'm no golfer, sure. I am a pretty good cook though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Question is about learning them in sufficient or insufficient period of time.

Sufficiency in this case however is defined as learning them to an extent that they are not disadvantaged when having to play on that map versus other teams. As all teams have the same time to learn the map, player skill once again is the predominant factor in the matchups.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Photex posted:

So I just picked this game up, I skipped CS: Source all together but played pretty regular during 1.x days, first handful of competitive games I've absolutely steamrolled the other team and even get reactions like "OH GOD HES NOT EVEN RANKED" is the skill level in GO just really low or did shaking hands with ksharp a decade ago give me autism?

You're still playing with people below your skill level, give it a few games

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

VelociBacon posted:

Sufficiency in this case however is defined as learning them to an extent that they are not disadvantaged when having to play on that map versus other teams. As all teams have the same time to learn the map, player skill once again is the predominant factor in the matchups.

And again, it's all irrelevant because the two really-new-never-used-before maps are 100% in control of *either team* to ban out if they don't want to practice them. There is literally nothing to make anybody actually play Cobblestone & Overpass. Sure, that might mean you take a risk on Cache not getting banned by the other team, but isn't Cache already used in some leagues?

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

You're still playing with people below your skill level, give it a few games

It's worth noting here that CSGO's new-player algorithm tends to assume you're mid-Silver rank to start. If you've got experience with old CS and a pulse, you'll probably be ranked out of that before your 10-wins-for-placement are up.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I believe that cache and season were already commonly played in the NA leagues (ESEA/CEVO) but never in European leagues (ESL).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Cache and Season have been played in European leagues as well. Faceit and Fragbite for example.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Cuntpunch posted:

And again, it's all irrelevant because the two really-new-never-used-before maps are 100% in control of *either team* to ban out if they don't want to practice them. There is literally nothing to make anybody actually play Cobblestone & Overpass.

I was thinking about this earlier and I think if I were in those team I'd probs still ban the best map of whoever I'm playing and take a chance on the 3rd map lottery.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxEz8c_INtQ&feature=youtu.be

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Can you change cross hair settings while in a match? I tried to copy and paste a few while in a competitive match with no luck.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

ahhaahhaahahahahahahhaahahahha

I wonder what that's for.

*EDIT* Oh it was a prank.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

FetalDave posted:

ahhaahhaahahahahahahhaahahahha

I wonder what that's for.

People call cops on streamers all the time

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

AugmentedVision posted:

People call cops on streamers all the time

Only the dumb ones that let their address get out, presumably...

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I hope all the top teams focus on the regular maps thinking everyone will just ban the other maps, and then the underdog teams all focus on learning the new maps. Then I hope all the top teams get eliminated by the underdogs early on because of the maps.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Texibus posted:

Can you change cross hair settings while in a match? I tried to copy and paste a few while in a competitive match with no luck.

Yes you can

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This will be stupid - but I cannot get that Autoexec listed in the OP to work.
The one that links the F keys to weapon purchases, that is.

I've tried every iteration of the formatting that I've come across.
I've tried different formats of the runtime options in Steam.

Whatever I am doing wrong, I cannot get the keybinds to work.

F3 is forever 'buy last' (default) and F5 is always the stupid 'screenshot' button.

Please help me figure out what's going wrong here?

I have:

exec autoexec

In my Launch Options
I've tried with and without a dash and plus in front, and with .cfg

And the formatting of the autoexec is as follows:

bind "f1" "buy p250"
bind "f2" "buy p90"

etc.

I've tried with and without the quotations on both.

If anyone has successfully gotten the bindings to work, please help me out. I feel retarded right now.

----

Yet more googling has yielded:

Help! The autoexec isn't executed on startup!
This seems to be a known problem with no "works everytime" solution yet. You can try out to either:
a) execute the autoexec by entering the command "exec autoexec" (without the "") in your console. (thanks, wAvelulz!)
b) enter all commands into your config.cfg instead of your autoexec.cfg.
c) put the command "exec autoexec" (again without the "") at the end of your config.cfg. (thanks, highlatency!)
d) add "+exec autoexec" to the launch options (with console activated it should read "-console +exec autoexec"). (thanks, ohgodthecat!)

Not sure WHICH one of these solved the issue, but it works now! If anyone knows which of these is a reliable and easiest method? Might be worth including with the autoexec in the OP.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 11, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You don't need quotes around the key. It should be
code:
bind f1 "buy p250"
Also, did you try doing 'exec autoexec' in console? autoexec is bugged for some people where it doesn't run the first time you launch the game.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

astr0man posted:

You don't need quotes around the key. It should be
code:
bind f1 "buy p250"
Also, did you try doing 'exec autoexec' in console? autoexec is bugged for some people where it doesn't run the first time you launch the game.

I got it working, and it does have the quotations around the key still.
Might be one of those things the console is happy with and without?

I ended up trying it with the + sign in the launch options, as well as putting exec autoexec into my config.cfg (I have the feeling that one works most reliably)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCTf3Q8lZtU

rip CSGO

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Texibus posted:

If you're pasting a string of commands you either need to execute as cfg or separate them with semicolons

Like cl_crosshairsize 8; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairthickness 2 etc

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 11, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Pistol only DM is so much fun. Even if you're getting owned you still feel like a total badass. It must be awesome being genuinely good at the game. :allears:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

mcvey posted:

rip CSGO
Can't watch this yet. So do you need to be 90 degrees for killing damage now or what.

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 11, 2014

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

That really sucks. I wonder how it affects the regular AWP shot from T spawn to CT mid.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Can't watch this yet. So do you need to be facing the door head on to do damage now?

Pretty much. awp hs through those doors from t spawn is still a kill. Not sure about other surfaces but I assume they'll work in the same way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

Pretty much. awp hs through those doors from t spawn is still a kill. Not sure about other surfaces but I assume they'll work in the same way.
New doors are quite bad at letting you kill anyone with anything but AWP or Desert Eagle.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

FetalDave posted:

That really sucks. I wonder how it affects the regular AWP shot from T spawn to CT mid.

You can still AWP people, just lower rifles can't penetrate as well.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Xenaero posted:

You can still AWP people, just lower rifles can't penetrate as well.

Yea, I killed someone last night through the door with it from T spawn.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

DarkDobe posted:

I got it working, and it does have the quotations around the key still.
Might be one of those things the console is happy with and without?

I ended up trying it with the + sign in the launch options, as well as putting exec autoexec into my config.cfg (I have the feeling that one works most reliably)

You don't need exec autoexec anywhere, just create the autoexec file in the right folder with the settings you want, and then at the end, append these two lines of code:

code:
echo "Autoexec Config loaded" // this will appear in the console after the game loads, so hit ~ at the main menu to check
host_writeconfig

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

teagone posted:

I'm no golfer, sure. I am a pretty good cook though.

gently caress it dude. let's go bowling

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

DarkDobe posted:

This will be stupid - but I cannot get that Autoexec listed in the OP to work.
The one that links the F keys to weapon purchases, that is.

I've tried every iteration of the formatting that I've come across.
I've tried different formats of the runtime options in Steam.

Whatever I am doing wrong, I cannot get the keybinds to work.

F3 is forever 'buy last' (default) and F5 is always the stupid 'screenshot' button.

Please help me figure out what's going wrong here?

I have:

exec autoexec

In my Launch Options
I've tried with and without a dash and plus in front, and with .cfg

And the formatting of the autoexec is as follows:

bind "f1" "buy p250"
bind "f2" "buy p90"

etc.

I've tried with and without the quotations on both.

If anyone has successfully gotten the bindings to work, please help me out. I feel retarded right now.

----

Yet more googling has yielded:

Help! The autoexec isn't executed on startup!
This seems to be a known problem with no "works everytime" solution yet. You can try out to either:
a) execute the autoexec by entering the command "exec autoexec" (without the "") in your console. (thanks, wAvelulz!)
b) enter all commands into your config.cfg instead of your autoexec.cfg.
c) put the command "exec autoexec" (again without the "") at the end of your config.cfg. (thanks, highlatency!)
d) add "+exec autoexec" to the launch options (with console activated it should read "-console +exec autoexec"). (thanks, ohgodthecat!)

Not sure WHICH one of these solved the issue, but it works now! If anyone knows which of these is a reliable and easiest method? Might be worth including with the autoexec in the OP.
Make sure that you have windows showing known file endings... by default they're hidden. IE. "autoexec.cfg" is actually "autoexec.cfg.txt" the .txt is a hidden file extension by default. This is probably the only thing I can think of to explain why they wouldn't work, because everything else seems fine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kZvmR7dxU

...I wonder about the vent

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 12, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Can't shoot through catwalk on nuke anymore either, w2g valve. Invulnerable way to spot secret/big garage.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZiAcGnCcTI

http://www.twitch.tv/playcevo/b/546604371

thoughts on cbble and overpass

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Can't shoot through catwalk on nuke anymore either, w2g valve. Invulnerable way to spot secret/big garage.

So that wasn't just me being godawful, although the result woulda been the same probably.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

well i got scammed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed
That's unfortunate. What's your loss?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

kalstrams posted:

That's unfortunate. What's your loss?
opened a crate, butterfly knife, whatever i won CS:GO by getting the rare drop if i got any cash it woulda been icing on the cake

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

still slightly upset i should have just posted it on market and had steam games forever. but those are the risks!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106547363

guy looked legit at first but upon further inspection its just a pretty good front. showing tons of assets but look further and the game hours are not really there. fuckin' shoulda seen it coming!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Shoulda just done a marketplace trade for x hundred keys, then sold the keys. Keys have a fixed value and people are much less likely to try and scam you if you're selling a few keys at a time (and if they do, you've only lost a few bucks).

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed

can this be the new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed