Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

MrPants posted:

I am somewhat glad that I can skip this godfest and waste my stones elsewhere. There is a good chance that the next godfest will be Greek / Norse which would definitely get me to roll a bunch desperately hoping to build my ideal team.

My head is spinning with the info that the sonias are 3x every godfest? Do I whale now for my missing ronia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

My head is spinning with the info that the sonias are 3x every godfest? Do I whale now for my missing ronia?

Given the Heroes/Chinese + Dark Carnival, yes. So much chance for Haku or Pandora!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

El_Gimpo posted:

Given the Heroes/Chinese + Dark Carnival, yes. So much chance for Haku or Pandora!

Is pandora that good? I got an evolved one a whole back that I've never used.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

With the right subs she can put out some really crazy damage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She's pretty good but not exceptional unless you have the whole set of supports subs she requires. She has incredibly high burst damage if you do have them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

shiatza posted:

With the right subs she can put out some really crazy damage.

Which subs would those be?

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Hero gods can do crazy amount of damage, but they need rows, skill boosts and max-skilled orb changers (whale teams, in other words). Pandora is the best of the bunch for all the reasons dark tends to be the best colour. It's no surprise three of the last survey monsters have been skill ups for the best two subs for Pandora (Byakko and Hanzo) and Pandora herself.

e:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hanzo, Dark Valk (Vamp is equivalent, until she gets her row), Byakko, Red Sonia, FA Luci, DA Meta and Loki. The standard setup for the Hero gods is two short CD orb changers, a full board changer and an attack booster or orb enhancer.

Quick back of the envelope calculation : you should get more than a million damage per subs with Byakko-->Hanzo-->Loki, which is enough to one shot every boss in the game.

escape mechanism fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 11, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The usual Mono-dark suspects. Bad Luci, Byakko, The Sonias, Loki, Hanzo, Batwing Batman, etc. Genbu and other monsters that work with her orb-change are also good.

She's row-enhance dependent and requires a healthy amount of orb-change to work. So, basically, she's like a Ronia that has more freedom in her choice of subs and better top-damage but without the rcv bonus and built-in hyper-damage active.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cody Watts posted:

:hfive: I just did it with an equally underleveled team: Lu Bu (76), Corpse Wyrm, Dragon Zombie (32), Chaos Devil Dragon (44), King Baddie (39), Dark Liege, Vampire Duke (63) and a big thanks to Derplord's level 99, +297 Ronia.

This is my first descend aside from Dragon Zombie, so I'm pretty happy.

New players zero stoning Zeus . The power creep, it is fierce.

In related Zeus news, I finally ultimate evo'd my Zeus who is now level 84 and will make future runs of Twinlits that much easier.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

TheFluff posted:

That might be nontrivial. You're essentially performing a man-in-the-middle attack on yourself, so you need to make your device accept the proxy's bogus certificate, which might be doable on android but doubtfully on iOS. If Gungho is doing it right though they'll have hardwired the game to only accept their own known good signature, and then we're basically screwed.

The guy who makes Padlistener for android thinks he'll be able to update it to work with the https....
http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/2acnzc/padlistener_update/

I really hope so. It was a pretty helpful app when I first started out, but it's essential now that I have hundreds of monsters n stuff. trying to get my head round it all in game is melting my tiny brain, and the thought of having to add over a hundred items manually, and then keep it up to date is a horrible thought.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Oh man, the LuBu friends are making Zeus so easy. Now I'm just using Hades for stats (level 99) and not even bothering to stall for his active.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Orb changers only effect what you see, right? I just activated Artemis, cleared most of the board, and had 3 1/2 green rows drop.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sono posted:

Orb changers only effect what you see, right? I just activated Artemis, cleared most of the board, and had 3 1/2 green rows drop.

Yeah, the orb-changers only affect orbs currently on the board. You just got lucky there, that's all. (Though there are enemies in a couple of the upcoming descends that can increase the chance of a certain color orb dropping. That'll be fun.)

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Two questions regarding monsters I could ostensibly use for awakenings:

Any use for a low cost Lilith?

And what about a duplicate Phoenix?

I find myself with so many tamadras these days that I'm more hesitant to throw away the leveling effort.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KnifeWrench posted:

Two questions regarding monsters I could ostensibly use for awakenings:

Any use for a low cost Lilith?

And what about a duplicate Phoenix?

I find myself with so many tamadras these days that I'm more hesitant to throw away the leveling effort.

The low cost Lilith could be useful for some future dungeon (but I don't really think that's going to happen). A duplicate Phoenix is pretty useless.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress, getting invaded by Suzaku on the first floor with a Ronia team is annoying as hell. I was carefully chipping at her, waiting for my big skills to charge when I got a stupid chain that put her under 20%.

Back to the shitbird.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Anyone mind throwing a zeus up? I need 1 angelit. 367 293 232

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

iPodschun posted:

Was thinking about this post just now. Is it because DQXQ has access to team setups like Healers and other Light row enhance teams while Horus' better setups are something like rainbow Gods + Izanagi?

I am going to write a long DQXQ post soon covering a lot of my current thinking and team building around DQXQ. Here is the short comparison for these two leaders. First, DQXQ's more versatile leader skill affects many different aspects of dealing with difficult content. Especially in their ability to recover from taking a hit while continuing to output a bunch of damage. Next Horus' awakenings are trashy and DQXQ's awakenings are amazing. I will write more in my DQXQ post but starting with two light rows (and in specific situations the blue rows) has amazing burst potential. The burst potential comes from both DQXQs having an orb change that can reliably build you a board that you can make a light row, make all of the combos you need to activate both leaders, and have a pile of hearts to heal to full. Horus leader skill is just not that great in most Horus teams. It has potential but it requires an orb change and fire heavy team to get much mileage out of. I feel like you HAVE to have Ares to use it well. And having it on both leaders is a waste most of the time. It isn't amazing out of the box like DQXQ. DQXQ has two types with a lot of potential to use on color subs of the same type for type boosts. I don't know why Horus didn't get attacker subtype with his attacker stats.

That isn't at all to say that Horus is a bad leader. If I had Horus instead of DQXQ I would be theorycrafting power house teams for him. But they made DQXQ just completely better than him.

The team I am currently lusting after is DQXQ\Valk\Thor\Apollo\Hera-S\DQXQ. It has potential to be one of the strongest and most versatile teams out there right now I think. Between 4 light orb changers, 3 turns of 1.5 attack for the whole team, 5 light rows and a super low cool down orb enhance + defensive skill there is a lot you can do with this team. It also has the HP and RCV to stall for its skills when it needs to. I might put ultimate Athena in Valk's spot because she has the potential to dump millions of damage by herself on bosses.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Karnegal posted:

Anyone mind throwing a zeus up? I need 1 angelit. 367 293 232

I got one up for you. What do you run normally?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Snowmankilla posted:

I got one up for you. What do you run normally?

Isis, Ronia, Kirin, Horus

also, thanks

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So has anyone gotten a sphere yet?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

MrPants, I really appreciate you doing this for DQXQ. Before you do your huge effort post, can you just tell me which of this run of descends I should be making an effort on for subs?

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got one earlier. Bad timing of the invade, I had to stone a turn because Leilan hit a 7star formation hit on me

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
3 runs, 3 devillits, gently caress you pad. :( If anyone else wants to throw zeus up, that'd be cool, I just want my good shitbird evo

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 12, 2014

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

5 runs, 3 spheres. 0 dark divine masks which I need for my Byakko evolve.

The funny part was feeding a +egg zeus to my Red Sonia.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Baron Snow posted:

MrPants, I really appreciate you doing this for DQXQ. Before you do your huge effort post, can you just tell me which of this run of descends I should be making an effort on for subs?

Hera, Hera-is, Valkyrie, Hera-sol, Zeus

All excellent subs for rainbow/light teams

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MrPants posted:

That isn't at all to say that Horus is a bad leader. If I had Horus instead of DQXQ I would be theorycrafting power house teams for him. But they made DQXQ just completely better than him.

Sup? Here is the dissenting opinion: Check the latest JP player choice godfest.

Horus is one of the three most wanted gods, and there is a really good reason for that: He is insanely powerful. Sure DQXQ has more burst damage if you blow some skills and make a team around that but the bird just does ridiculous amounts of damage all the time, without any gimmicks, or help from subs. This is specially useful for the endurance-type dungeons where you have to beat boss after boss. It also means that you can bring pretty much whatever you want without worrying about losing much damage potential.

I have both, and Horus is just better at pure destruction. Now, DQXQ should get an evolution soon, and then maybe she'll be a bit better than the shitbird.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 12, 2014

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

And 11 stones later, my first red orb. Well, at least Zeus is skill level 4. :nyoron:

It wasn't worth it.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

trucutru posted:

Sup? Here is the dissenting opinion: Check the latest JP player choice godfest.

I wish our players choices ended up more like that. Okay except anubis :what:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gwrtheyrn posted:

Anubis is a really weird choice, yeah. I mean, he is an orb changer now but he's not particularly good at it so my guess is that people just want to puzzcombo their way to victory with the DL version.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

Anubis is a fun extra leader to have around for tricolors. He also has great awakenings and would have a pretty good active if it wasn't awful to skill up. I'm glad I've got one. Not so hyped to have two, though.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Thanks everyone who put up zeuses for me. It went 7 Devillits before I hit the angel, but I finally got the drat thing! Now I just need to wait till Tuesday to get a Rainbow keeper of all things.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

MrPants posted:

The team I am currently lusting after is DQXQ\Valk\Thor\Apollo\Hera-S\DQXQ.

Hey cool this is the team im trying to build at the moment too! The only piece I'm missing is a valk which is kind stupid not to have, and I'm still using Baal in place of Hera till I can skill her up (or him I guess).

For me the big advantage horus has over her though is that you can throw whatever subs you want with him and do consistent high damage, it's cool actually being able to use stuff like yomi if you want and just swapping in whatever each dungeon needs, where I don't feel that way with dqxq. Also it doesn't take billions of light xp which i think even a really good healer dqxq team would probably need. I don't think dxqx is head and shoulders above horus the way kirin is, but maybe I'll feel different when we get super golds again and my stuff is leveled up

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

barge posted:

Hey cool this is the team im trying to build at the moment too! The only piece I'm missing is a valk which is kind stupid not to have, and I'm still using Baal in place of Hera till I can skill her up (or him I guess).

For me the big advantage horus has over her though is that you can throw whatever subs you want with him and do consistent high damage, it's cool actually being able to use stuff like yomi if you want and just swapping in whatever each dungeon needs, where I don't feel that way with dqxq. Also it doesn't take billions of light xp which i think even a really good healer dqxq team would probably need. I don't think dxqx is head and shoulders above horus the way kirin is, but maybe I'll feel different when we get super golds again and my stuff is leveled up

To be honest, in that team Athena is a good alternative to Valk and lets you replace the Hera-S with something else (Echidna or some other defensive monster. Edit: drat, I forgot you may want a dark mon), and still do a shitload of damage. You already have lots of orb-changing and RCV so Athena's off-the-charts damage and decent hp help a lot.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 12, 2014

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Baron Snow posted:

Valk if you don't have one is a huge upgrade to your team.

Hera-S is the go to for your dark slot with DQXQ. The legend version of her dungeon is also super well designed, and isn't just a REM / sub level check. Your ability to match and combo well with a mediocre team will see you through it. There is also a small chance for Athena to drop in her dungeon. Make time to run Hera-S as much as you can. In time skilling Hera-S will take her from a really great sub to absolutely game changing. Her skill at 7 turns just has so much potential for DQXQ.

Take has potential to see some use on a DQXQ team. His high HP is very welcome on a team that is limited more by the hits it can take than the hits it can recover from. The Take dungeon on Mythical is kind of bullshit though and the rewards on legend kind of suck unless the boss drops.

L/B Izanami is OKish. She just doesn't bring much to the table. The defensive skill is OK but she doesn't bring any good awakenings, and her colors are covered twice already on your team. Also, 5M exp curve for mediocre stats.

Zeus is a pass. Stalling to use his skill is a no go and his awakenings suck. Maybe get one if you want to do the standard twinlits team. DQXQ can do twinlits though.

Hera-Is is actually one you want to consider. She is my gravity user of choice for DQXQ if you want to go that route. She is blue so at least she will attack after DQXQ orb change and can cover dark for you. If you can skill her up a bit, her gravity becomes much more usable for you. Don't waste anything on awakening her though. The mythical version of her dungeon is actually quite doable for a mid level DQXQ team if you understand the dungeon. There are a lot of opportunities to stall. It kind of requires a skilled Valk though to ensure you don't die to a bad board on turn 1. Good rank EXP in her dungeon.

None of the rest really make the cut onto a DQXQ team. Run the hell out of Hera-S. Make sure pick up a valk if you don't have one. The rest you could really wait until they come around again.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

trucutru posted:

To be honest, in that team Athena is a good alternative to Valk and lets you replace the Hera-S with something else (Echidna or some other defensive monster), and still do a shitload of damage. You already have lots of orb-changing and RCV so Athena's off-the-charts damage and decent hp help a lot.

That makes sense but I'd rather have a valk that can also be used on a healer team. Really though I'll probably never bother with valk and just keep using odin because I can't imagine leveling another light monster

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

JP Godfest is live. If you're new and want to play on the superior JP server, now is the best time to roll.

Over 3 starter accounts, I rolled Shiva and two Haku's, one of them evolved. Naturally, by the time I get to my main account, I'll probably roll garbage.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I saw it posted once in the previous thread, can someone post the list of which dungeons have which orbs again? I know I'll probably be able to get the four light orbs I'll eventually need just running Sandalphon for skill ups. I want to plan out the rest based on which descends I can consistently zero-stone.

VVVVV - Thank you.

Qylvaran fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 12, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Unknown_PC posted:

Around 10% invade rate for mythical difficulty. It will be mythical-only descends at first, but JP eventually included legend difficulty after like 3~4 events. Legend invade rate is quite low though, supposedly around 4%.

The Chinese gods also only invade certain descends on JP:

Red Orb/Leilan: Takeminakata, Zeus, Beelzebub, PAD Z collab
Blue Orb/Karin: Goemon, Valk, Izanami
Green Orb/Meimei: Satan, Hera Beorc, Hera Sowilo
Yellow Orb/Sakuya: Hera Is, Hera Ur, Sandalphon
Purple Orb/Haku: Heracles, Athena, Zeus Dios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Just starting, finally rolled something useful for my first dude: Loki

Should I keep rolling for a god-tier, or just stick to what I've got for now?

• Locked thread