Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Every fast food twitter is run by a wrestling fan.

Confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Every fast food twitter is run by a wrestling fan.

Confirmed.

It's probably just run by the same people. Most places hire social media managers to do all this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same guy on Tweetdeck with a lot of accounts open watching the Network all day.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

It's probably just run by the same people. Most places hire social media managers to do all this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same guy on Tweetdeck with a lot of accounts open watching the Network all day.

How can I get this scam of a job?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

A lot of places hire "social media managers" as contractors, with a quota of posts per day and fixed daily rates. It can work out to be less than minimum wage, with the burden of paying estimated quarterly taxes.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Wrestlers on Twitter - We could settle this with a Baconator on a pole match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

Be willing to work long hours at incredibly lovely pay with absolutely zero benefits.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It makes sense they're the same person in this case since both accounts are promoting Wendy's. Now if it's the same guy that does the DiGorno's account as well, then that would be pretty funny.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Swerve Russo runs the Wendy's account.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

Be willing to work long hours at incredibly lovely pay with absolutely zero benefits.

Jokes on you. I already do that!!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The_Rob posted:

Jokes on you. I already do that!!

Which WWE Superstar are you??

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sigma posted:

A lot of places hire "social media managers" as contractors, with a quota of posts per day and fixed daily rates. It can work out to be less than minimum wage, with the burden of paying estimated quarterly taxes.

With companies of this size, I'm guessing it's run by one or both of the internal and external PR teams.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shima Honnou posted:

Jonh Cean

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

John Cone

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
John C-

The_Rob posted:

Jonh Cean

Oh :smith:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Don't worry, John Cabana. Their time is up, your time is now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thinking of shutdowning my Twitter after this.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Just remember, it's Al Snow.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

Just remember, it's Al Snow.

One pop per match

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
But he carried a mannequin head to the ring! And "head" is a synonym for oral sex! What a worker!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All Snow's finisher was called the Snow Plow which is a good name for a finisher if your name is Al Snow. What other good things can we say about Al Snow?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

All Snow's finisher was called the Snow Plow which is a good name for a finisher if your name is Al Snow. What other good things can we say about Al Snow?

He was in that backstage segment where Mankind brought up the previous night's broadcast of Wrestling's Secrets Revealed and acted completely horrified that Foley was exposing the business by mentioning "the stomp."

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Al Snow was slated to appear in a short-lived Koji Kitao-helmed shoot wrestling promotion but as far as I can tell never actually did. That's a nice thing, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al Snow led to one of my favorite JR calls. He's heading up the ramp for seemingly no reason. JR asks "Where is he going?", gives a long, contemplative pause, then asks "Where has he been?" as if he's questioning every decision made by every single person in the arena that led to them all being here to witness this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

His European championship run was outstanding.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
13 year old me was an Al Snow mark. I actually still have my mannequin head somewhere. Looking back I can see him for what he was. A solid but not great worker with a gimmick that really clicked in its time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Al Snow has stupid opinions and should just let Ryback eat his goddamn Rice Krispy Treats.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Without Al Snow we would never have had Head Cheese so he's a good guy in my book.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Al Snow was the Marty of Head Cheese.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Head Cheese was the best. I wish Steve Blackman was still around, Adam Rose needs a tag team partner.

Or maybe not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

The time when he came out as the European Champion from Transylvania and threw Count Chocula to the audience.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

He was very nice and still in pretty good shape when he was at PCW recently.

Also he was part of the Penis Suplex
http://alsnowshead.tripod.com/thelegend.html

apsouthern fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 13, 2014

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Oh god that tripod site. I ripped it off for my own angelfire site way back in 1999. The owner was understandably pissed that I'd stolen a bunch of screen caps for my own fan site.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Endorph posted:

Al Snow led to one of my favorite JR calls. He's heading up the ramp for seemingly no reason. JR asks "Where is he going?", gives a long, contemplative pause, then asks "Where has he been?" as if he's questioning every decision made by every single person in the arena that led to them all being here to witness this.

And from the same match, "And the head is now the legal man in the ring...what the hell am I saying?"

Which is then followed by the single most ridiculous ending to any wrestling match in human history.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 13, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

And from the same match, "And the head is now the legal man in the ring...what the hell am I saying?"

Heh, I just remembered that spot where Brian Christopher stuck a bottle of anti-dandruff shampoo into Head and pinned it. That kind of involved Al, right?

Edit: I posted this before his edit made it clear this is the same match.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Gaz-L posted:

Heh, I just remembered that spot where Brian Christopher stuck a bottle of anti-dandruff shampoo into Head and pinned it. That kind of involved Al, right?

Edit: I posted this before his edit made it clear this is the same match.

It wasn't just any bottle of shampoo.

Technically all you need to pin someone!

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

I can't believe we're getting to see Ring of Honor vs. VGCW.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JR quickly driving home his new persona as bitter enemy of the IWC:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's not wrong in the long term, but Rusev is very over right now

i know Rusev can speak english, but he never does