Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Good lord FV is scum. ##vote fv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I hate Hal on d1 (through page 6). He made a scum team list and said he couldn't justify any of them and at this point hasn't said anybody else

:ghost: you got me sherlock! :ghost:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hahaha ok I'm caught up now. So it's def Fv and bhb. Not sure on others. Maybe zebu? He is quite blendy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Anyway I'm on my phone til tonight, will have a computer then. And also tomorrow. And beyond

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why fv?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Several bad posts. Over explainy. The interactions between the two of them in pg5 feel like light enough bussing to get cred in the event of eithers flip.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Barehanded Brother posted:

This post looks oddly familiar...

I guess that means this is the last we'll see of Ardulac today.

##vote Ardulac

Lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

ok yeah i think i see what you mean
this seems less about "hey vote this suspicous guy" and more "oh i need to cover all my ground with this vote"

like the explanation is too thorough then needed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Poque, Capps, everyone else.

Would you be willing to vote BHB?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
What the gently caress is up with this game?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills - we have 1) someone who dodged a lynch at -1 by claiming cop and then conveniently getting roleblocked the next night, and 2) someone who claimed scum D1 and has since been posting nothing but white noise, both of whom swung last-minute turbos on town players, and everyone is like, "nah, give them a pass". It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.

greatZebu posted:

This doesn't seem like a very likely scenario to me. If you were scum, it seems like a very unnecessary risk to have you do the kill. And why would a town roleblocker choose you to block? I think the most likely scenarios are 1) you are who you say you are and you were jailed, or 2) you're actually scum and the scum team withheld their kill to muddy the waters (you could have also been jailed in this scenario to no effect).

For my money, #2 is the likelier scenario. No one got jailed or roleblocked N1, right? And then all of a sudden "oh whoops I got roleblocked"; he can't even fake a scum investigation on me because once I flip town he gets autolynched, although given the way this game has gone maybe not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I ain't voting with BHB, but I ain't voting for him either.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills - we have 1) someone who dodged a lynch at -1 by claiming cop and then conveniently getting roleblocked the next night, and 2) someone who claimed scum D1 and has since been posting nothing but white noise, both of whom swung last-minute turbos on town players, and everyone is like, "nah, give them a pass". It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.

For my money, #2 is the likelier scenario. No one got jailed or roleblocked N1, right? And then all of a sudden "oh whoops I got roleblocked"; he can't even fake a scum investigation on me because once I flip town he gets autolynched, although given the way this game has gone maybe not.

As an un-CC'd cop I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Did you see my case on Capps yesterday? What do you think of that?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.
I'm assuming this is the opposite of what you meant based on what you said before it. Which is kind of laughable coming from a guy with only 9 posts after signing up.

You're assuming that people would get notice if they were blocked or jailed if they didn't have a power role, which seems unlikely based on the fact that my action failed instead of me being told why it failed. You're also assuming that someone would just immediately claim they were roleblocked if it happened, which while true in many games isn't normally a good play unless everyone has a role.

I still think you're the most sketchy person in this game and your tunneling on Capps and I smacks of lazy Scum not wanting to throw out too many meaningful opinions. ##Vote BHB.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

As an un-CC'd cop I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Did you see my case on Capps yesterday? What do you think of that?
Capps is the only person in this game other than me he seems at all interested in casing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ardulac posted:

Capps is the only person in this game other than me he seems at all interested in casing.

This is the first time in the history of something awful mafia anyone has ever said this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You guys are killing me.

I am dying.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh no keane :ohdear:

I believe Ard but I'm not sure who to vote for. I think BHB is town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Oh no keane :ohdear:

Believe in my, Opop. Believe in me with my dying breath.

Vote Great Zebu.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

You guys are killing me.

I am dying.

why.

Opopanax posted:

why.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll back you up keane

##vote zebu

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dunno keane
i'll vote zebu if you could post a short rap of why i should

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

why.

why.

Why does anyone do anything

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like the fv vote more than the zebu one

someone post a rap telling me which to vote

i'll vote fv if no raps are posted

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

mr.capps posted:

i like the fv vote more than the zebu one

someone post a rap telling me which to vote

i'll vote fv if no raps are posted

Why am I scum?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why am I scum?

post a rap

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Short of a full out scumclaim I'm not moving my vote.

This has gone on long enough.

To take a page out of Jake's book, see you all tomorrow!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtE1HnIU6q8
please see this video for an example of good rap

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isb8ab3qRZM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is the only thing that has a rap part in it that I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJjN1elKrQ

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

BHB's insistence on pressing the Ardulac case today doesn't feel logical to me, given where the game is at. And BHB strikes me as a logical person.

##vote BHB

(Also, from what I see BHB voted Ardulac and hasn't updated his vote since, but he doesn't show up in the vote tally. Am I missing something?)

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Asiina posted:

mr.capps posted:

WELL ITS FAR FROM ACCURATE
I HATE HORSES

but I am scum so that is a big coincidence

:sotw:

I don't think I've been this mad at a mafia game since my first one, where I didn't understand what a miller was and then tried to defend myself after accidentally claiming it after the other miller (yes you read that right) claimed. It's D3 and no one except Ardulac seems to want to back up their cases with anything beyond a sentence and basic gut, so I'll respond to the votes on me at length and hope that it prompts someone else to at least quote me and actually do some analysis. To sum up the votes on me currently, the cases behind them are:

Asiina: D1 sounded weird

Ardulac: OMGUS, dodging a lynch, distancing from his lynch, then tunneling on him and capps

greatZebu: focusing on Ardulac and capps doesn't "feel" logical.

So to Asiina I say, :fuckoff:, to greatZebu I say, what do you think about Asiina's focusing on me, because to me it seems that at least there's explicit reasoning behind why I think Ardulac and capps are scum, and to Ardulac, I say, get lynched, you are scum. To Ardulac's case I say, the D1 points you raise amount to you trying to spin my case on you as a scum case; I didn't dodge any lynch D1, I just wasn't there, unlike you, who actually dodged a lynch by claiming cop; then, I can't vote for two people at once, so I voted for the player I thought was scummier at the time; and finally, somehow I go from trying to distance myself from your lynch to pushing it too exclusively so I don't have to give opinions on other people. It can't be both. Your case has more holes than an end-stage syphilitic's brain.

But to satisfy you, and to prove to everyone else that I have thought-out opinions on them, and because I want to have the smuggest postgame possible, here's my thoughts on everyone else, in a convenient, sentence-long, gut-based format that y'all seem to be so beholden to:

• Ardulac: Scum, for reasons outlined throughout my posting history.
  • Asiina: An idiot, possibly scum running the miller gambit for tunneling on me when she isn't gleefully participating in turbolynches and not posting any rationale behind her opinions, plus capps scumclaimed in response to her post and she's written it off as a joke ever since, but Ardulac would have taken a big risk in telling Keane to shoot her after the miller claim
  • Barehanded Brother: town as gently caress y'all
  • CCKeane: Probably not scum but otherwise pretty unhelpful in doing anything
  • fiery_valkyrie: Also probably not scum, looked like she was at least reading the game until she asked what I thought of her case on capps :facepalm:
  • greatZebu: New, somewhat incapable of reading the game, probably not scum though based on his interactions with Ardulac early, I don't think he'd vote a scumbuddy that quickly
  • mr. capps: exactly the type of person who'd try to get away with a scumclaim, led a lovely D1 turbo, seemingly has no conviction in anything he posts since
  • Opop: almost definitely town, unless Ard is ballsy enough to fakeclaim a town result on a scumbuddy
  • Skinty/Poque: Liked skinty, don't like Poque so much because in his "read" of the thread has completely glossed over capps and both turbos, as well as having virtually no concrete reasoning beyond my posts being "over explainy" and a supposed "light bus" interaction between me and f_v
  • Tremendous Taste: has gotten into a slapfight with Opop and then posted nothing of consequence beyond snark. Possible lurking scum.

So in conclusion the scumteam is Ardulac, capps, and Asiina/Poque/TT. You're welcome.

Let's see if this one sticks ##vote Ardulac

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie: Also probably not scum, looked like she was at least reading the game until she asked what I thought of her case on Capps :facepalm:

So in conclusion the scumteam is Ardulac, capps, and Asiina/Poque/TT. You're welcome.

Actually, I asked you what you thought of my case on Capps to try and get some conversation going in this game since you had posted just before me. I like asking people what they think of cases because they have to put an opinion out, which can be used later when someone flipped scum and because it is usually a good discussion kick starter.

I'm suspicious of Poque and I think Capps is scum. As I said previously I'm not keen on lynching an un-cc'd cop. Will you switch to Capps instead?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

greatZebu: focusing on Ardulac and capps doesn't "feel" logical.

capps I don't know about, but your insistence on killing Ardulac today doesn't make sense to me, and feelings have very little to do with it. Killing him is a giant misstep if he's telling the truth, and if he's lying it's hard to imagine that he'll pull it off for long. And there's no counterclaim. And there's no reason to assume that no one got jailed or roleblocked night 1, at least not that I'm aware of. So I don't trust Ardulac, but I don't see why voting him today is such a great idea.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

But to satisfy you, and to prove to everyone else that I have thought-out opinions on them, and because I want to have the smuggest postgame possible, here's my thoughts on everyone else, in a convenient, sentence-long, gut-based format that y'all seem to be so beholden to:
I like how even your opinions on other people are mostly based on their connections to me. You really are not going to get to have a smug post game at this rate. It is starting to make me wonder though if you might be tunneling too hard for it to be fake.

Also, your summary made me realize I did something tremendously stupid last night, so I'm actually kind of glad I got blocked/jailed. I tried to cop Asiina :hurr:. I forgot all about her claim, and tried to choose someone who would be most unlikely to be framed or busdriven since I'd been forced to claim.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

• Ardulac: Scum, for reasons outlined throughout my posting history.
  • Asiina: An idiot, possibly scum running the miller gambit for tunneling on me when she isn't gleefully participating in turbolynches and not posting any rationale behind her opinions, plus capps scumclaimed in response to her post and she's written it off as a joke ever since, but Ardulac would have taken a big risk in telling Keane to shoot her after the miller claim
  • Barehanded Brother: town as gently caress y'all
  • CCKeane: Probably not scum but otherwise pretty unhelpful in doing anything
  • fiery_valkyrie: Also probably not scum, looked like she was at least reading the game until she asked what I thought of her case on capps :facepalm:
  • greatZebu: New, somewhat incapable of reading the game, probably not scum though based on his interactions with Ardulac early, I don't think he'd vote a scumbuddy that quickly
  • mr. capps: exactly the type of person who'd try to get away with a scumclaim, led a lovely D1 turbo, seemingly has no conviction in anything he posts since
  • Opop: almost definitely town, unless Ard is ballsy enough to fakeclaim a town result on a scumbuddy
  • Skinty/Poque: Liked skinty, don't like Poque so much because in his "read" of the thread has completely glossed over capps and both turbos, as well as having virtually no concrete reasoning beyond my posts being "over explainy" and a supposed "light bus" interaction between me and f_v
  • Tremendous Taste: has gotten into a slapfight with Opop and then posted nothing of consequence beyond snark. Possible lurking scum.

You're going to stick with trying to lynch the un-countered cop in a scenario where we already have a miller claim? You're out of your gourd. Also, FV was the over explainy one, not you. You're just blatant. ##vote BHB

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Like, this is outrageously terrible. It's very possible somebody DID get jailed or roleblocked and got no notification about it - there are vanilla roles in this game. And I don't get at all why you'd try to link yourself to Ardy when it comes to your flip - an unlikely town flip from you wouldn't indicate him in the slightest. Why should it? If you're town, it doesn't mean that you're right.

For gently caress's sake. How is it "convenient" that the CLAIMED COP was roleblocked? That's what you do if you're scum and you have THE MOST COMMON SCUM ROLE - you use it to block the cop rather than take the risk that he gets doc'd or town-jail'd (or even scum-jail'd) following the claim. Granted, we still have no kill from the previous night, but it's not unheard of that we have both a doc and RB in play. It's setup spec but you're acting like this is the most impossible thing that could ever happen, when it's exactly what pretty much any scumteam would do.

You can't save yourself as scum by claiming cop if Asiina is telling the truth here. In order for Ardy to be scum, Asiina needs to be scum as well. I don't see it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Like, this is outrageously terrible. It's very possible somebody DID get jailed or roleblocked Night 1 and got no notification about it - there are vanilla roles in this game. And I don't get at all why you'd try to link yourself to Ardy when it comes to your flip - an unlikely town flip from you wouldn't indicate him in the slightest. Why should it? If you're town, it doesn't mean that you're right.

mafia edit - bold part added

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I didn't care before, but after the deadline turbo I'm way more certain capps is scum with Ardulac. Look at this exchange:

and tell me that doesn't look like awkward distancing to you. Then, Ardulac is nowhere to be found even after he posts:

his last post of the day, before capps decides "things feel too organized" and starts the turbo on Jam, ostensibly to make the lynch look more organic than whatever he and Ardulac were "organizing".

Also, this post (referring to capps):

looks a lot like throwing a lifeline to a scumbuddy - there's a dozen other ways to ask that question without lobbing a softball to capps, but if you're newbie scum, that's exactly how you'd phrase it.

capps, Ardulac, Skinty scumteam. Book it.

as an addendum to my case, this post just screams scum to me:

Buddying to Opop, a condescending dismissal of bandwagon votes, and then the world's most disingenuous question - misreading capps' post so badly it must have been intentional.

You liked Skint, you said?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

You liked Skint, you said?

Lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Barehanded Brother (4): Asiina, Ardulac, greatZebu, Poque
greatZebu (2): CCKeane, Tremendous Taste
Ardulac (1): Barehanded Brother
fiery_valkyrie (0): Poque, Poque

Not Voting (3): fiery_valkyrie, mr.capps, Opopanax

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 15th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 20 minutes.

• Locked thread