Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Puntification posted:

Hey Twiin, did you ever talk to your Vancouver friends about finding out stuff that's going on there? If they know of anything happening on the weekends of the 25th and the 1st and you could let me know it'd be much appreciated. Cheers!

I just pinged them and they say that there's this event on the 26th with Comaduster that looks good, and also Van Fet Weekend is the 25-27th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Twiin posted:

I just pinged them and they say that there's this event on the 26th with Comaduster that looks good, and also Van Fet Weekend is the 25-27th.

Cool, thanks dude!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Any UK types know what the situation is with Alt-Fest? It doesn't appear to have collapsed under the weight of its own hype, but there were some posts about dodgy-looking financial things getting shared on Facebook the other weekend (although could have all been a misunderstanding).

More importantly, does anyone know any people actually going? I think I know a grand total of one person who has a ticket, but since my friends are mostly above thirty, they're probably not the key demographic as someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Any UK types know what the situation is with Alt-Fest? It doesn't appear to have collapsed under the weight of its own hype, but there were some posts about dodgy-looking financial things getting shared on Facebook the other weekend (although could have all been a misunderstanding).

More importantly, does anyone know any people actually going? I think I know a grand total of one person who has a ticket, but since my friends are mostly above thirty, they're probably not the key demographic as someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

Well I'm going, though I live nearby so I hopefully don't have too much to worry about if it all falls apart on the day. I'm also above thirty, but there's still plenty of bands on the lineup I want to see.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 14, 2014

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I have two friends who are supposedly going.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Apparently there's a new Laibach EP out, commemorating the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.

1 VIII 1944. Warszawa

It sounds really really really pretty :3:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
https://www.songkick.com/events/211...-tickets-button

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nineteen year old me just splooged RAM chips

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

mennoknight posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That lineup is pretty exciting.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I too am impressed that this is really a thing. I really hope it does well in terms of ticket sales. Any speculation as to why they seem to be keeping it on the North East side of things for now?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

mennoknight posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This more than makes up for SP canceling their Philly show last time around. And no Army of the Universe!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mennoknight posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh holy poo poo.

Congrats to Youth Code. They've only been playing for ... what? A year? And they're sharing the stage with the scene's giants.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

I'll be going with my partner.

I hope it doesn't fall over.

What are the content of the FB posts anyway?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
It was all to do with some internet detective stuff about the finances for alt-fest and their application for loans.

However, since I have no idea what festival finances should look like, I didn't know if it was actually bad or not.

Hopefully it'll be a) dry and b) well-attended for the industrial stuff.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

It's finally official. Kinda goofy name for the tour though.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
NEVER BEEN SO SAD TO SEE NO UK DATES IN MY LIFE

At least I get to see haujobb next month anyway :woop:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ohrwurm posted:

There is no emoticon for how I currently feel.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Who will I see in Toronto?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

boo_radley posted:

I understand that years of grim industrial music take their toll, so I'll help you out here. That's called "joy".

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

boo_radley posted:

Here's a suggestion: :gizz:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pope Guilty posted:

I understand that years of grim industrial music take their toll, so I'll help you out here. That's called "joy".

Like when I carry a sword on a battlefield?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Who will I see in Toronto?

It's at the loving sound academy aaaaugh

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Twiin posted:

It's at the loving sound academy aaaaugh

I know, I hate that venue but what choice do we have!:a2m:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Oh poo poo

Leaving aside the absurdity of Combichrist sharing a stage with Blood on the Dance Floor, the "past behavior" is a string of rape, statutory rape, and assault accusations.

e: Like, cursory Googling would've turned this up.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 23, 2014

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I feel like just listening to their music is a form of aural rape

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh poo poo

Leaving aside the absurdity of Combichrist sharing a stage with Blood on the Dance Floor, the "past behavior" is a string of rape, statutory rape, and assault accusations.

e: Like, cursory Googling would've turned this up.

Had to look them up and didn't want to actually listen to any of their music, they're nu-metal pedophiles I'm guessing?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Puntification posted:

Had to look them up and didn't want to actually listen to any of their music, they're nu-metal pedophiles I'm guessing?

I looked them up when Angelspit toured with them, and it's straight up pop. Like, surgary, Justin Bieber-y pop - just dressed in Hot Topic clothes. I was baffled and didn't go. I haven't really liked Angelspit much since then, either.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

LabyaMynora posted:

I looked them up when Angelspit toured with them, and it's straight up pop. Like, surgary, Justin Bieber-y pop - just dressed in Hot Topic clothes. I was baffled and didn't go. I haven't really liked Angelspit much since then, either.

Even if the pedophilia and rape and rape-pedophilia weren't a thing, and even if their music wasn't total garbage, they seemed really lovely about touring. On that tour with Angelspit, they canceled an Albany show at the last minute because they wanted to hang out in New York City that night.

But hey, Combichrist has standards apparently, who knew?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Combichrist is niche and profitable on a really fine line. LaPlegua isn't a stupid man.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Ambassador21 have had to pull out of Infest, which sucks. Except they're being replaced by Architect so that's maybe not the worst news ever. :v:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Just got another announcement about Primitive Race. Soon, supposedly.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

teethgrinder posted:

Combichrist is niche and profitable on a really fine line. LaPlegua isn't a stupid man.

Their last tour New Years Day was opener 1 and they were a lot of fun, but the second guy, William Control, was loving awful. He pretended to smoke the whole time and bitched about the lights being too hot while refusing to take off his lovely gothy coat.

There was an unusually high volume of teen girls there who all left after WC's set was done.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

williamcontrol.com posted:

Beloved Reader, I
I hope he dies.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ohrwurm posted:

Now I don't feel so bad for missing Skinny Puppy last time they were in SLC. This is a much better line up.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Laibach posted:

Polish National Centre for Culture released the brand new Laibach EP ", titled: 1 VIII 1944. Warszawa. The video for one of the included songs was directed by Karol Wasilewski (in collaboration with Marek Horodniczy). The video features scenes from the movie "Miasto '44" directed by Jan Komasa.

Laibach was invited by the NCC to create the special project CD, commemorating the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.
The Warsaw Uprising (Polish: Powstanie Warszawskie) was a major World War II operation by the Polish resistance Home Army (Polish: Armia Krajowa) to liberate Warsaw from Nazi Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGgRYKNtbo

Another Laibach collab with Silence? Yes please :3:

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Dat bass

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Some bands are now saying Alt Fest's been cancelled.
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/14774

quote:

Simon Hall of heavy metal band Beholder and Rob Ferguson of Transcend PR have confirmed that Alt-Fest will not be taking place this year.

"I got confirmation via text message but also spoke with some of the main stage acts and they've also been told," Hall said, whose band was supposed to headline the Sophie Lancaster Stage Saturday.
Nothing official yet though.

e: Congrats, you were right!

Babby Sathanas posted:

I'm honestly waiting for that to turn into a big scam. It's going to implode spectatularly in some way. There's just something about it that really makes me skeptical that it's going to happen in any meaningful capacity. I really can't put my finger on it.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 5, 2014

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Yeah apparently it's all radio silence from Alt-Fest themselves and there's a couple of well connected third parties who have confirmed it like Caustic.

Can't say I'm so surprised. Too much, too early.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hopefully it'll get cleared up soon, one way or the other, since this is pretty horrendous for people who've dropped a pile of money on tickets, accomodation/camping stuff and travel.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Not to mention the collective sixty grand sunk into it from Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Crashbee posted:

Some bands are now saying Alt Fest's been cancelled.
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/14774

Nothing official yet though.

Who cancels a festival by text message?